11-25-06 Oblivious to danger

Started by Faerie Alex, November 24, 2006, 11:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerie Alex

I wonder if they're after Abel. Perhaps they percieve him as the "danger"? :eager
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Roureem Egas

To be honest, that wasn't the first thing I noticed.

It's likely that Glory and her friends (or whatever) think Abel is at least some sort of threat, which they could say solely on the fact that Abel has wings. It could be even bigger trouble if they know about the traits of cubi. Or it could just as likely be that whatever was causing the panic will for some insane reason just jump out at everyone. I doubt this bit though.

And finnaly, I'm wondering if Glory's a short raccoon or a ferret. Can't tell without seeing the tail.

DigitalMan

Personally I was thinking that they were referencing themselves as the threat.

Regal

The saying "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" came to mind when I saw this strip. I wonder if these are competent adventurers or smash everything adventurers.

Fresnor

I'd more say, at least the leader, "Short man/woman syndrome" adventurers...  The small always trying to take on those bigger than themselves to prove a point, some better than others though.  That, along with some of the general "holier than thou" attitudes paladins can get, leads to bad confrontations.   :mowninja

Manawolf

Isn't it beautiful when Paly's and Barbs can work side by side.

Wanderer

Quote from: Regal on November 24, 2006, 11:56:51 PM
The saying "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" came to mind when I saw this strip. I wonder if these are competent adventurers or smash everything adventurers.
Depends on if this is a "lawful stupid" paladin, or one that's actually good for something.

icarus

i don't know about the others
but i know one certainly enjoys breaking others' bones for fun.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

DigitalMan

Quote from: Wanderer on November 25, 2006, 12:05:58 AM
Depends on if this is a "lawful stupid" paladin, or one that's actually good for something.

Nah, the lawful stupid ones are usually the fumbling idiot heroes. It's the chaotic stupid ones you need to worry about.

KarlOmega1

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 25, 2006, 12:12:00 AM
Quote from: Wanderer on November 25, 2006, 12:05:58 AM

Nah, the lawful stupid ones are usually the fumbling idiot heroes. It's the chaotic stupid ones you need to worry about.

Chaotic stupid, eh?

*thinks of Shadow the hedgehog doing a move that causes everyone else to become stupid*

Shadow : Chaos Stupidity! *notices it works* Ummm...oops.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

ninjannihilator

Seems like Abel is in for some trouble. It also seems that Devin isn't carrying a weapon.

Zedd

Kasarn

Manawolf

At least there's no Dwead Piwate Woberts.

Edit: I also must nitpick, that hammer is not going to counter balance well at that angle, especially judging from the muscle mass in the lady's arm.

Cogidubnus

Liar! I am the Dread Pirate Roberts, No# 1023873!
Call 100-0001 for franchising options in your area

Mock AV

Ah yes, the daily does of uppity paladin, what every adventure needs to get in the mood to KILL people... er monsters.. in the morning. :3

Fresnor

Quote from: Manawolf on November 25, 2006, 12:53:24 AM

Edit: I also must nitpick, that hammer is not going to counter balance well at that angle, especially judging from the muscle mass in the lady's arm.

Yes, and we all know muscles have to be bulging out grossly to have any effect, and hammers of that size can't be enchanted for personal lightness... >.>

Weleho Rogan

anyways, it could be just a metal coated wooden hammer like that big hammers usually are...

Arcalane

Quote from: Manawolf on November 25, 2006, 12:53:24 AMEdit: I also must nitpick, that hammer is not going to counter balance well at that angle, especially judging from the muscle mass in the lady's arm.

You underestimate Kammi.

~~

OT;

I thought the ear-tufts and colouration looked familiar...

Tapewolf

Oh Jesus, I can't believe I forgot about Dorian until I saw Zina's latest art thread.  I'm curious about the orange lady with the human nose, though.  What is she?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 25, 2006, 05:59:58 AM
Oh Jesus, I can't believe I forgot about Dorian until I saw Zina's latest art thread.  I'm curious about the orange lady with the human nose, though.  What is she?

Kammi

ITOS

I'm curious about the orange lady with the human nose, though.  What is she?

Were, is she?

[EDIT]
Quote from: Sheridan on November 25, 2006, 06:41:01 AM
Kammi

Hekshanian? That's not in the Demo.101. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Arcalane

Quote from: ITOS on November 25, 2006, 06:44:47 AM
I'm curious about the orange lady with the human nose, though.  What is she?

Were, is she?

[EDIT]
Kammi

Hekshanian? That's not in the Demo.101. :P

Of course not, it's a random cameo. :P

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Mock AV on November 25, 2006, 01:04:01 AM
Ah yes, the daily does of uppity paladin, what every adventure needs to get in the mood to KILL people... er monsters.. in the morning. :3

But I like my uppity Paladins in the morning, they will be whining little girls by evening.  Really, a little god call, and they will be running for the hills or Bar-B-Q.

Glory looks more like a raccoon and, given Devin's comment, she may be a very good paladin adventurer.  Devin and Glory seem to be just rival adventurers

PBH

Tapewolf

Kammi

Ohh.. an out-worlder.  That kind of implies a quick encounter rather than a long drawn-out role, but I guess we shall see.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Magic

True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Sid

Yay! Dorian! *mweeeee*

I'll keep further speculation to myself for now, but things are looking interesting!
:boogie

Alan Garou

Grumpy short people are awesome, and even better when they're paladins. But they are nothing when compared to sexually ambiguous llamas. Here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama... :boogie

Manawolf

Quote from: Fresnor on November 25, 2006, 03:21:22 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on November 25, 2006, 12:53:24 AM

Yes, and we all know muscles have to be bulging out grossly to have any effect, and hammers of that size can't be enchanted for personal lightness... >.>

Yes, it did cross my mind it could be a weapon enchanted with the balanced special quality.  Then she'd be able to weild it with one hand.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 25, 2006, 09:43:52 AM
Grumpy short people are awesome, and even better when they're paladins. But they are nothing when compared to sexually ambiguous llamas. Here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama... :boogie

.. duck. *swipe* :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears