02/06/09 [PF #66] - It is important to take care of your evil minions

Started by Jairus, June 01, 2009, 10:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Are those those soul crystal things that all of the crew's personnel have installed in them? Also, neat robot.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Sprocketsdance

Another female? I'm impressed  >:3 Does this mean that Jakob likes to keep his women behind the scenes?  :U

Madmann135

In my opinion this that is not good.
In some ways Immortality is a good thing but in others it is a horrible thing.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: wuffnpuff on June 02, 2009, 01:52:38 AM
Another female? I'm impressed  >:3 Does this mean that Jakob likes to keep his women behind the scenes?  :U

I'm glad someone asked this... it would make for a good Questions strip, and we'll need one to cover Anthrocon.

Quote from: Jairus on June 01, 2009, 10:43:21 PM
Are those those soul crystal things that all of the crew's personnel have installed in them? Also, neat robot.
These are something else.  Though I imagine many people will be able to piece it together when the next strip runs.  After that there's one more page and then we'll be catching up with Dorcan, and eventually introducing another female character.

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 02, 2009, 02:32:35 AM
In some ways Immortality is a good thing but in others it is a horrible thing.
It's not something Jakob is planning to ram down people's throats.  It's more like he's producing boosterspice or suchlike, which people can buy if they choose to.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 02, 2009, 04:13:37 AM
It's not something Jakob is planning to ram down people's throats.  It's more like he's producing boosterspice or suchlike, which people can buy if they choose to.
Boosterspice... this is a term I am not familiar with, but I'm guessing it's a Dune reference?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on June 02, 2009, 10:38:35 AM
Boosterspice... this is a term I am not familiar with, but I'm guessing it's a Dune reference?

Larry Niven, actually, though he may have stolen the idea from Frank Herbert.  As the name implies, Boosterspice is a drug that prolongs the life of the user as long as they are able to consume it regularly.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 02, 2009, 10:45:02 AM
Quote from: Jairus on June 02, 2009, 10:38:35 AM

Larry Niven, actually, though he may have stolen the idea from Frank Herbert.  As the name implies, Boosterspice is a drug that prolongs the life of the user as long as they are able to consume it regularly.

And yea, I do see Jakob's eyes glow blue-within-blue, a vision of the God Emperor Cross, and I am verily amused.

Raskahn

Love panel #5. The use of shadow and the Expression on Joshua is awesome.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on June 03, 2009, 06:17:02 AM
Love panel #5. The use of shadow and the Expression on Joshua is awesome.
Thanks.  I was afraid that we'd overdone his reaction to be honest.  He has a tendency to make the D-face, more than he should really.  I think we can probably assume that they didn't calibrate him properly for a Being and he has the emotional twitchiness of a 'Cubi  :P

As for the lighting, yes, it turned out nicely.  I may suck at shading, but global lighting effects are something I can do, to some extent anyway.

Kipiru

The last two strips have shown us more female characters than so far in the entire comic- hopefully we will see one that's not just a background prop soon  :mowwink I have to say Ruby looks great even without her skimpy Indian outfit!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on June 04, 2009, 12:56:51 AM
The last two strips have shown us more female characters than so far in the entire comic- hopefully we will see one that's not just a background prop soon

I'd put it at around August.

Sprocketsdance

Tapewolf

Quote from: wuffnpuff on June 04, 2009, 04:38:58 AM
I am so going to hold you to that  :P  :boogie

What, that we're not delayed three weeks because Ren suddenly vanishes like last summer?  :P
Seriously, her role starts out small and grows.  It shouldn't be too big a surprise when she appears.

Corgatha Taldorthar

The lighting work done in the last panel is absolute brilliance.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 04, 2009, 09:57:30 AM
The lighting work done in the last panel is absolute brilliance.

Thanks.  IIRC there are two layers to it - a layer of darkness, with holes faintly cut into it with a fuzzy brush to illuminate Jakob's face, and also an additive layer which gives him the blue tint from the cylinders.

EDIT:
PS - the new comic is up.