04/24/09 [Abel 2 #52] - How to charm a lady

Started by Feather Dancer, April 24, 2009, 02:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

and now that absolutely no one is paying attention to the thread I re issue my demon eyes Kyo theory...amended 

ANIZ has disassociative/ multiple personality disorder... aniz just happens to hide it very well, simply transform into someone else and poof "where did Aniz go?"  :rolleyes
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on April 24, 2009, 07:00:51 PM
Quote from: Pagan on April 24, 2009, 07:50:30 AM
Personally, I find it surprising that Destania isn't exactly turning him down. I would have expected her to act like an ice queen.

That's sort of what I had thought as well.  Now it makes me wonder, what if Dan is not Destania's first born?  Could Dan have older half-brothers he doesn't know about?  Seeing that she was receptive to Aniz's attempt at courtship, it stands to reason that she might have been receptive to other suitors in the past, certainly Aniz couldn't have been the first date of a Cubi 6200ish years old.

Given Destania's age, it does seem unlikely that Daniel is her firstborn.  Although there is some implication that she has spent most of her life at SAIA.  Like Aaryanna after her, Destania may have spent centuries as a student, then taken the professorship of pain and terror.

Of course, whether or not any of Dan's half-sibs on his mother's side are still alive or not, is another question.

And then there is Able's remark in 602,:
Do you honestly know how many adventures turned Cubi have come to SAIA thinking they could just grab a sword and "Show 'em how's boss?"

Definitely sounds like Dan is not the first offspring of a Cubi-Being pair to take up adventuring, and then discover their 'Cubi heritage popping up on them.  I wonder how many there have been, and how many are still around?  Sounds like people Dan should seek out sometime.

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on April 24, 2009, 09:35:12 PM
Quote from: terrycloth on April 24, 2009, 03:49:32 PM
So if Dee likes helpless victims for boyfriends, what does that say about Biggs?

Actually, it'd be pretty dangerous if Biggs and Dee really are dating. Their kids would be *so* doomed. Everyone knows what happens to ferrets with wings.

I thought it was weasels?

Weasels, ferrets, ermines, all the same family, and in common usage the differences are not scrupulously observed.

Garsemor

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 25, 2009, 12:08:26 AM
and now that absolutely no one is paying attention to the thread I re issue my demon eyes Kyo theory...amended 

ANIZ has disassociative/ multiple personality disorder... aniz just happens to hide it very well, simply transform into someone else and poof "where did Aniz go?"  :rolleyes

If we are reissuing theories than I want to reissue my Dee and Aniz planed the whole thing theory on the second page.

The theory sounded like this:

If Edward = Aniz theory is true it is possible that Dee and Aniz planed this from the beginning. The two clans disagreed, so Dee and Aniz decided to put on the Aniz has gone crazy and Dee wants to kill him stunt. After which Aniz would open a inn and have a child whit a normal being under the falls identity of Edward to detract any beliefs of him being Aniz after which he *disposed* of his wife and married Dee. Happy ending.

If the theory is true. It was all planed from the beginning.

GundamDragon

Doum idea here.

But maybe Destania and Aniz might have had a kid and Aniz left them. That could mean Dan has a half brother or sister out there crossed at there bastard father for leaving them? If that's the case then it would make Dan and Able half cuisines.

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on April 25, 2009, 12:23:15 AM
Given Destania's age, it does seem unlikely that Daniel is her firstborn.  Although there is some implication that she has spent most of her life at SAIA.  Like Aaryanna after her, Destania may have spent centuries as a student, then taken the professorship of pain and terror.

That's the thing.  SAIA isn't a creche, and it's not permitted for students to have children.  I'd be very, very surprised if that didn't apply to the professors as well.
Now, she might have had a child or two before she entered the Academy thousands and thousands of years ago, or she may have taken some kind of sabbatical for a century or something to have a child during her professorship, but if neither of those happened, Dan would be her firstborn.
Alternatively it could have been so many millennia since she last had a child that she's reacting in a similar way.

QuoteDefinitely sounds like Dan is not the first offspring of a Cubi-Being pair to take up adventuring, and then discover their 'Cubi heritage popping up on them.  I wonder how many there have been, and how many are still around?  Sounds like people Dan should seek out sometime.
What I'd like to know is whether they're still adventurers when they leave the Academy, or whether they've 'switched sides' as it were.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Garsemor

Sort of like the Sith and the Jedi in Star Wars.
DarFa'lina: Come join the cubi side of the force.
Lan: I will never betray the Adventurers.
DarFa'lina: Reseal your anger. I an completely unarmed.
Lan: No I will not smite you down.
DarFa'lina: Shape your wings and kill me, let the anger in you free.
Lan: Never.
ETC...

This text was extracted from Star Wars episode 6 (the 3 one made)
The role of Lan was played by Dan and daubed by Luck Skywalker.
The role of DarFa'lina was played by Fa'lina and daubed by Darf Vader.

GundamDragon

Given the track record of sun jumper the comic has catch us napping with the odds are good that Dan has at lest one unknown sibling and he will at some time met them and it will most likely come to blows.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: GundamDragon on April 25, 2009, 07:44:40 AM
Given the track record of sun jumper the comic has catch us napping with the odds are good that Dan has at lest one unknown sibling and he will at some time met them and it will most likely come to blows.

I don't suppose you could try that again, in English this time?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

GundamDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 25, 2009, 08:06:02 AM
Quote from: GundamDragon on April 25, 2009, 07:44:40 AM

Sarry it is english but my terums are only used in a small amunt of ppl. I tend to forgit  that but it is just say that there's a good chance for Dan to have at lest one sibling and if they meet he will most likely fight with them.

JackTheCubiWolf

I just want to say thanks to who ever moved my accidental double post.

And I thought I put a stop to the crazy theories. I guess I don't have that power because I'm not a Mod. O well *wanders off to do something else*.
I'm back, and tired.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: GundamDragon on April 25, 2009, 09:19:39 AM
Sarry it is english but my terums are only used in a small amunt of ppl. I tend to forgit  that but it is just say that there's a good chance for Dan to have at lest one sibling and if they meet he will most likely fight with them.

Nope. English has spelling, and grammar, and punctuation, and coherency. That's gibberish.

GundamDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 25, 2009, 10:10:32 AM
Quote from: GundamDragon on April 25, 2009, 09:19:39 AM

Nope. English has spelling, and grammar, and punctuation, and coherency. That's gibberish.

I did run the spell check. -_- It was english the gramer might have sucked but it was spelled right.

Michael Chandra

Just because it's an english word doesn't mean you're using the spelling of the one you meant.
"Sorry it is english but my terms are only sued by a small amount of people. I tend to forget that but it just said that there's a good chance for Dan to have at least one sibling and if they meet he will most likely fight with them."

Lest, for example, is a real word.

inuhanyo

Spell checkers can only check that it is a correctly spelled word, not that its the right word.  Sea versus see, for example.

It's a tribute to the redundancy of language that I was actually able to get the gist of what GundamDragon typed, even though I still have no idea what "sun jumper the comic" refers to.

Until Dan's mom releases him from the promise he made to her, Dan won't be fighting any Cubi.

Garsemor

The closest he ever got to hitting a cubi is on page 734.

Tiger_T

Quote from: someone on the internetA Little Poem Regarding Computer Spell Checkers...

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

So he flirted with her. Big deal.

My guess is that he lost interest and then she went all "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned..." on his whole clan - or something.

That, or she manipulated him to reap some emo-food.

Or... His clan didn't approve and tried to distroy her.

Or dragons were involved...

Or...

:rolleyes :mwaha :P ;) :mowtongue
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tiger_T on April 25, 2009, 01:55:58 PM
My guess is that he lost interest and then she went all "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned..." on his whole clan - or something.

Or... His clan didn't approve and tried to distroy her.

From the last line it's abundantly clear that his clan did not expect him to go for Destania.  While it doesn't outright say that they disapproved, it's very strongly implied.
Assuming that to be the case, it may be a combination of the two, e.g. they forced him to drop her, she went ape and the whole thing went very badly for the two clans.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tiger_T

With a little luck we may get the rest of that story (or at least another part) with next weeks Abel-comic. :mowwink
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: GundamDragon on April 25, 2009, 10:21:37 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 25, 2009, 10:10:32 AM
I did run the spell check. -_- It was english the gramer might have sucked but it was spelled right.

Let me get this right. You're now arguing with a mod over the behaviour you were gently suggested you should correct?

Just checking, here.

Naldru

And did you notice that he spelled grammar gramer, even though the word was used in the post he was replying to.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Mao

Is this the same guy who claimed he was a mercenary and that he had a bunch of weapons that he had scavenged?

----------------
Now playing: shing02 - FILO MAD Sequence Ver.
via FoxyTunes

Corgatha Taldorthar

Yes. It's here. The thread is closed so I can't cite the excact post, but that's the page.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 25, 2009, 03:53:27 PM
Yes. It's here. The thread is closed so I can't cite the excact post, but that's the page.

Sure you can. You just need to locate it, and copy the link from the top of that post.

GundamDragon

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 25, 2009, 03:53:27 PM

Yes I'm the merc. My grammar my suck and my spelling is just as bad if not worse. But I'm one of the guys you want watching your back in a fierfight.

Naldru

If you read the U.S. military handbooks, you will note that they state that clear, concise, accurate, and coherent verbal and written communications is extremely important.  After all, if you request an artillery strike, it is very important that the iron lands on the enemy and not on your own head.

I expect that that is true of the military manuals of most governments.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

GundamDragon

Quote from: Naldru on April 25, 2009, 06:59:30 PM
If you read the U.S. military handbooks, you will note that they state that clear, concise, accurate, and coherent verbal and written communications is extremely important.  After all, if you request an artillery strike, it is very important that the iron lands on the enemy and not on your own head.

Those read like this "Targit grind Z 52 FIRE" but as a merc you almost never git fire support what you go in with is what you got. Point of useing mercs is so the goverments can look like there not invalved. Thats why we are covered by the ganeva covations of war. Hance we can be exsacuted even if we sarender that why a lot of merc have a Beond the grave pay back weapons on them. Like a dead man switch on ther gun handel to a pipe bomb ful of mustered gas in ther back pack.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: GundamDragon on April 25, 2009, 06:21:08 PM
Yes I'm the merc. My grammar my suck and my spelling is just as bad if not worse. But I'm one of the guys you want watching your back in a fierfight.

You know, surprisingly enough, I can't remember the last time we had a firefight on the forum.

Do you think maybe I wasn't invited?

GundamDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 25, 2009, 07:31:13 PM
Quote from: GundamDragon on April 25, 2009, 06:21:08 PM

You know, surprisingly enough, I can't remember the last time we had a firefight on the forum.

Do you think maybe I wasn't invited?

I'll admit I walked in to that one. But it vary EZ to become a merc buy a gun, a good AK's go about $800, if you want to feel safer you can git a kevlarvest, they run about $1000. Thats all the gear you need for set up then you just go to a war zone and offer you skill for a prise $2000 -$1000 a day is standered and moust commanders wount turn down troops who want to fight.

Joe3210

Quote from: GundamDragon on April 25, 2009, 07:30:22 PM
Quote from: Naldru on April 25, 2009, 06:59:30 PM

Those read like this "Targit grind Z 52 FIRE" but as a merc you almost never git fire support what you go in with is what you got. Point of useing mercs is so the goverments can look like there not invalved. Thats why we are covered by the ganeva covations of war. Hance we can be exsacuted even if we sarender that why a lot of merc have a Beond the grave pay back weapons on them. Like a dead man switch on ther gun handel to a pipe bomb ful of mustered gas in ther back pack.
:inglesh

And this:
:smrt

Take an Intro to English class at your local community college.  You need it.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

GundamDragon

Hay I have to remmeber to say hellow and dont shot im on your side in more then 10 langurges so having a hard time spelling is not a crime. Plus I dont have time to wast on a flight back to the US