17/04/09 [WITW #2] - Lame Excuse!

Started by Kipiru, April 17, 2009, 09:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipiru

Again a great job on the color Tape! I have to admit- I dislike the generalizing way of thinking Simeon is exhibiting. Good thing Jakob doesn't really get moved by such things.

Tapewolf

I think I've accidentally posted a slightly older version of the comic, without the sound effects.  I'll correct that in a few hours when I get home.

As for Simeon's attitude, well, we'll see how that goes.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Very lame indeed.

And no word from Ren yet, unfortunately.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

I'd be interested to know what people make of panel 3.  The original version was like this:

http://www.project-future.org/ss_Page2.png

...didn't really give the right impression.  Pretty much everyone I asked misunderstood what it was trying to convey.

Jairus

Also, Simeon isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the pack, is he? I mean, I presume that most people would recognize: four wings = Cubi.

And what were you trying to convey? That Jakob knocked him out and is using his Cubi powers to wake him up?

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on April 17, 2009, 12:07:38 PM
Also, Simeon isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the pack, is he? I mean, I presume that most people would recognize: four wings = Cubi.
To be fair, 'Cubi aren't all that common.  This is taking place about five years before the Destania-Edward encounter (DMFA 297), where Destania was just referred to as 'Demon'.

Also, Jakob only reveals his headwings in panel 3.  There is actually a minor plot hole in the next page which I may have to patch, but I'm sure I can manage.  (I can amend the dialogue in page 5 to compensate, I think)

QuoteAnd what were you trying to convey? That Jakob knocked him out and is using his Cubi powers to wake him up?
Yes.  It was surprisingly difficult... in the original version people assumed he was just being Evil.  Making his speech the colour of his clan mark helped, and IIRC it was Ren who suggested a more arcane typeface.

Pagan

... Huh. Have we seen a picture of Yak with his clan mark shown?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on April 17, 2009, 12:18:28 PM
... Huh. Have we seen a picture of Yak with his clan mark shown?
No, and you're not likely to as it's on his left hip.  If you want a picture of him with no trousers, you'll have to ask Ren to draw it because I won't  :P

EDIT:
Actually it's a good job he's not here  :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2009, 12:04:45 PM
...didn't really give the right impression.  Pretty much everyone I asked misunderstood what it was trying to convey.

You didn't ask me. Of course, having read PF before, I probably have something of an insider viewpoint, but still...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 17, 2009, 12:23:47 PM
You didn't ask me. Of course, having read PF before, I probably have something of an insider viewpoint, but still...

Oh, I though I had.  Sorry.  I'm fairly sure I did run it past Kipiru, Ren and Keaton, though.

Pagan

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2009, 12:22:35 PM
No, and you're not likely to as it's on his left hip.  If you want a picture of him with no trousers, you'll have to ask Ren to draw it because I won't  :P

I shall certainly ask Ren for a picture of Jakob when he gets back then. The question is how nude Yak should be...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on April 17, 2009, 12:28:37 PM
[I shall certainly ask Ren for a picture of Jakob when he gets back then. The question is how nude Yak should be...
Actually, this is giving me an interesting idea.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2009, 12:25:56 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 17, 2009, 12:23:47 PM
Oh, I though I had.  Sorry.  I'm fairly sure I did run it past Kipiru, Ren and Keaton, though.

No, don't apologise. I missed the smiley off my complaint; I wasn't in any way serious about it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Sorry for another delay. My Internet connection was down again for a few days, and I managed to send Tape the lineart of the new page only now. Page will probably be up tomorrow in the evening. Once again, I'm sorry. :(

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2009, 12:32:44 PM
Quote from: Pagan on April 17, 2009, 12:28:37 PM
[I shall certainly ask Ren for a picture of Jakob when he gets back then. The question is how nude Yak should be...
Actually, this is giving me an interesting idea.
..That sounds ominous.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 17, 2009, 06:16:07 PM
Sorry for another delay. My Internet connection was down again for a few days, and I managed to send Tape the lineart of the new page only now. Page will probably be up tomorrow in the evening. Once again, I'm sorry. :(
It's not your fault, bro, so there's not much to be sorry about. Unless you sabotaged your own connection...  :paranoid

Tapewolf

As Ren says, we should have an update by tomorrow evening.
In the meantime, I've updated 'Walk in the Woods' to the final version.  It fixes a couple of small glitches in the captioning, most people won't notice the difference.

Tapewolf

...And there came a great voice of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying IT IS DONE

Zedd

Ren Gaulen