04/16/09 [Abel 2 #52] - Completely Average

Started by Tsunari, April 17, 2009, 03:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 17, 2009, 10:00:51 AM
Quote from: tiggertoo on April 17, 2009, 09:27:23 AM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 17, 2009, 09:11:07 AM
Does anyone else seem to think that this juxtaposition implies that the Cubi-Dragon war was fairly recent, at least of the time of Abel's strip? Do we have any idea how long SAIA has been there?

Something like over 7,000 years, I think. Dee went there as a young cubi (Fa'lina compares Dan to her at the same age) and Dee's supposed to be about that old, IIRC.

Fa'Lina could have known Destania before she founded SAIA.......... There is no reason to have to connect the two events.

Nor is there any reason not to. 

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 17, 2009, 09:31:21 AM
Aniz looks so much like Dan it's uncanny

I can't really see it. :S  I mean, yeah.. they're both feline incubi with a flat base colour.. but that's about it all the similarities that I see.

Quote from: Alondro on April 17, 2009, 08:38:49 AM
Gotta say it.  The career that would cause the most misery?

Lawyers.

:P

Have to agree here as no matter which way a case goes, someone is miserable.

Pagan

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 17, 2009, 10:39:13 AM
I can't really see it. :S  I mean, yeah.. they're both feline incubi with a flat base colour.. but that's about it all the similarities that I see.

I think that Gabriel meant that Aniz looked like a clown. Dan normally acts like a fool as well. Not a physical resemblance, but the two look similar because of their actions.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Ganurath

Oh, wow...

An entire cubi clan of Scientologists!
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Jairus

Aniz as a goofy teenager is not one I've expected to see. Also, my first thought when I saw the Roo-rat was "Earzilla Junior!" My second thought was "Is that a widower or a widow?"

As for Jyrras being miserable... I'd call him mopey and a bit of a worry-wart, but aside from that bit where he though Alexsi was being a jerk to Abel, I don't think he's been truly miserable for as long as he's known Abel. Jyrras might be enough for an appetizer, but Abel doesn't seem to be encouraging Jyrras to be miserable or anything like that. Maybe Abel is kind of resisting his clan's inclinations or something like that.

Quote from: Ganurath on April 17, 2009, 10:49:13 AM
Oh, wow...

An entire cubi clan of Scientologists!
*snrk*
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on April 17, 2009, 10:47:18 AM
I think that Gabriel meant that Aniz looked like a clown. Dan normally acts like a fool as well. Not a physical resemblance, but the two look similar because of their actions.
When I get home to my usual editing station, I'll take you up on that.

Quote from: Jairus on April 17, 2009, 10:50:09 AM
Aniz as a goofy teenager is not one I've expected to see.

I'm not convinced it was so long ago.  He hasn't been one of the most mature characters we've seen - that may have been his SAIA leaving party for all we know.

QuoteJyrras might be enough for an appetizer, but Abel doesn't seem to be encouraging Jyrras to be miserable or anything like that. Maybe Abel is kind of resisting his clan's inclinations or something like that.
More to the point, SAIA.  Abel tries to prevent  Dan becoming depressed at virtually every turn.  Arguably that is another reason he took Jyrras under his (head) wing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Angel

Pppht. Aniz was silly!

Quote from: Turnsky on April 17, 2009, 03:51:20 AM
i can see Siar's clan being tax collectors, government employees that deal directly with people, bankers, and repo.  >:3

well, you did say misery...  >:3

Hmmmmm...We already saw undertakers... How about gym teachers, or going along the more benevolent ones, psychiatrists and oncologists? Sure they make you feel better, but you show up to them with a lot of pain.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2009, 10:56:57 AM
Quote from: Jairus on April 17, 2009, 10:50:09 AM
Aniz as a goofy teenager is not one I've expected to see.

I'm not convinced it was so long ago.  He hasn't been one of the most mature characters we've seen - that may have been his SAIA leaving party for all we know.
Good point. I suspect we'll have clarification next week.

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2009, 10:56:57 AM
QuoteJyrras might be enough for an appetizer, but Abel doesn't seem to be encouraging Jyrras to be miserable or anything like that. Maybe Abel is kind of resisting his clan's inclinations or something like that.
More to the point, SAIA.  Abel tries to prevent  Dan becoming depressed at virtually every turn.  Arguably that is another reason he took Jyrras under his (head) wing.
Methinks that someone who feeds on depression might eventually learn how to prevent it or at least help get people past it. Not a natural skill, but the possibility exists.

Tipod

Quote from: Black_angel on April 17, 2009, 11:01:45 AM
Pppht. Aniz was silly!

Quote from: Turnsky on April 17, 2009, 03:51:20 AM
i can see Siar's clan being tax collectors, government employees that deal directly with people, bankers, and repo.  >:3

well, you did say misery...  >:3

Hmmmmm...We already saw undertakers... How about gym teachers, or going along the more benevolent ones, psychiatrists and oncologists? Sure they make you feel better, but you show up to them with a lot of pain.

What about dentists? I usually leave their office in more pain than when I arrived.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

The_one_who_is_odd

I'm probably restating the obvious but the way Fa'Lina says it and how its depicted makes me think that Aniz is one of Siar's direct sons.

Also in the second panel what is coming in to that window?

Mao

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on April 17, 2009, 01:02:29 PM
Also in the second panel what is coming in to that window?

A 'cubi.  There's the arm holding up the window and a wing tentacle (with draconoid head, so either a 'cubi with a living founder or a great deal of power)

Tapewolf

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on April 17, 2009, 01:02:29 PM
I'm probably restating the obvious but the way Fa'Lina says it and how its depicted makes me think that Aniz is one of Siar's direct sons.

I'm not sure that would work date-wise.  As I understand it, Tri-Wings can't have children.  While it's possible that she was taken down more recently, the height of the Clan Wars was supposedly about 7000 years ago (remember, Fa'Lina is just under 9000 years old at this point, so if these are her recollections, they could go back a long, long time).

I took 'children' as meaning 'clan members'.

QuoteAlso in the second panel what is coming in to that window?
A Siar-clan 'Cubi breaking and entering.

Tapewolf

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/daniz.png

Apart from adding Dan on the left for reference, this was all done through chroma manipulation of the original image.

(And yes, I'll have to slap my wrist for the double-post)

insidexml

"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Rambon

Tape, I think your Photoshop skills need a little more work.  That or you've gotten a bit rusty.
The left side of the Aniz/Dan's hair is outlined in Really dark blue.

Also, about the two looking alike, I think it's because of similar base color and a similar hairstyle.  And fluffy wings as well<3

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2009, 02:35:22 PM

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/daniz.png

Apart from adding Dan on the left for reference, this was all done through chroma manipulation of the original image.

(And yes, I'll have to slap my wrist for the double-post)

No offense Tape, but if you have to alter base characteristics such as fur color, feather color and eye color I would hardly call it 'uncanny' as the post I was responding to did.  As I pointed out, the only real similarities between Dan and Aniz were highlighted by your alteration.  They're both Feline and 'Cubi.

Caswin

Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 17, 2009, 03:18:40 AM
And how....

Seriously, did not expect to be laughing at a visual representation of ANIZ....   :erk

He scared the heck out of me when I first read Chapter 1....
You weren't around for the intermission, were you?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Pagan

"Let's all go to the lobby, let's all go to the lobby!"
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Sunblink

Fun fact: Not every Abel's Story thread needs to talk about the Edward-Aniz theory, guys. CAN WE GO FOR ONE THREAD WITHOUT DOING SO? D: I'll give the people who manage to avoid talking about it a cookie.

No, you don't each get a cookie. You all get one cookie. To share. Sharing is caring.

I loved this comic, though. Siar looks great, and her clan's tendencies probably explain part of Aniz's modus operandi. Although not even the image of him looking silly with chopsticks hanging out of his mouth can make me like him :<

Jairus

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 17, 2009, 04:44:30 PM
Fun fact: Not every Abel's Story thread needs to talk about the Edward-Aniz theory, guys. CAN WE GO FOR ONE THREAD WITHOUT DOING SO? D: I'll give the people who manage to avoid talking about it a cookie.
Sorry, Keaton, it doesn't work that way: the very nature of a conspiracy means that anytime something even remotely related comes up, the conspiracy will always be mentioned.

To apologize for shooting your request down, here, have a cookie.  :mowcookie No, bad Mow! Put that cookie down!

And the thing with the chopsticks... it just shows how far Aniz has fallen. Like the difference between Harvey and Two-Face in The Dark Knight. It's a little... sad.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rambon on April 17, 2009, 03:22:31 PM
Tape, I think your Photoshop skills need a little more work.  That or you've gotten a bit rusty.
The left side of the Aniz/Dan's hair is outlined in Really dark blue.
Or I spent five minutes doing it?

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 17, 2009, 03:45:59 PM
No offense Tape, but if you have to alter base characteristics such as fur color, feather color and eye color I would hardly call it 'uncanny' as the post I was responding to did.
I beg to differ.  To me, they look quite similar because I did not have to change his structure to get a reasonable impression of Dan.  If it was Abel or Devin, I'd have to change the tail, redraw the ears and in Abel's case airbrush out all the spots.  With Dan?  Change the colours.

QuoteAs I pointed out, the only real similarities between Dan and Aniz were highlighted by your alteration.  They're both Feline and 'Cubi.
More to the point, they're both the same kind of feline.  As mentioned, I would not be able to get Devin or Abel to resemble a wingless Dan by changing his hue and value.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 17, 2009, 04:44:30 PM
Fun fact: Not every Abel's Story thread needs to talk about the Edward-Aniz theory, guys. CAN WE GO FOR ONE THREAD WITHOUT DOING SO?
Keaton, I very deliberately did not do that.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2009, 05:02:28 PM

I know you weren't, Tape.

I seem to have Epically Failed in a roundabout way, though, now that I really think about it. :< Carry on, folks.

Michael Chandra

I could be evil and comment on how Dan's eyes take after his mother's, while in general halfbreeds take after the non-cubi in looks, but eh, he has his father's hair and skin color. But hey, we're bound to find out what happened with Aniz within the next four years! Surely we can wait that long. ^_^

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 17, 2009, 05:05:58 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 17, 2009, 05:02:28 PM

I know you weren't, Tape.

I seem to have Epically Failed in a roundabout way, though, now that I really think about it. :< Carry on, folks.

My guess is it was the comparison to Edward's son, Daniel, that probably made you think of the classic murderously annoying to some theory that is Edward = Aniz.

...at least they can't start Aniz = Daniel.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

Michael Chandra

Eh, I just took a look at the hair, and while it resembles that of Aniz, it in fact resembles that of his mother even more. Facial shape also similar to both, probably just the typical feline face shape, pointy chin and round cheeks?

Sunblink

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on April 17, 2009, 07:44:55 PM...at least they can't start Aniz = Daniel.

My ex has already (jokingly) considered it :<

Lisky

... awww.... turn that frown upside down... and if that saying doesn't work... well... what about the possibility no one's yet mentioned... Aniz is actually Lorenda's father :U 

that way, he is dead, and so are all other possible conspiracies... :3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Ragesquid

There was also a beaver that looked similar to Dan. I'm not seeing the resemblance in Dan and Aniz, either.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC!

I liked this one. A lot. I've liked Aniz, from his official introduction..but I'm starting to think I might actually like him even more. :U
Also..where are you people seeing a roo-rat? I thought that yellow thing was a bunny..

Alondro

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 17, 2009, 07:59:21 PM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on April 17, 2009, 07:44:55 PM...at least they can't start Aniz = Daniel.

My ex has already (jokingly) considered it :<

*Charles ohs?*  Your 'ex', you say?  So that means... you're available.   :kruger

*Charline gets a cold chill!*  Wow... that even creeped me out!   :erk
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

Well, you know that there is another possible reason for the two characters looking similar.  Amber drew both of them.

I also think this forum has reached the point where no theory will ever stand out because of its outlandishness.

It has been said that a really good pun (or bad, depending on your point of view) is one where nobody can look at you for a day after.  Should we try using that as a criteria for posting theories.  If so, I have posted a few in the past that would stop people looking at me for a week.  (Fortunately, forumites can still post without seeing each other.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.