Weekly Webcast #010: Do they know it's Easter?

Started by Mao, April 12, 2009, 05:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

We troll.  They die.  Good times had by all.

Happy Easter all.

http://www.justin.tv/balade

Raffe

Easter it is.

And yet I have no candies, hmmmm.
Darned military easter.
Hooray ellipsis!

VSMIT

You may want to put up a link, for the people who didn't bookmark it.  Or don't want to go looking for the link.

PinkKitty

I must make sure to try and tune in on time next week. May as well see the "epic conclusion" after all. Wonder what game will be on the agenda next...

Mao

I believe that Balade and Balade's wife have made some rumblings about Drake's Fortune.  That means you may not have to listen to the constant drone of my voice!  YAY!

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 13, 2009, 07:55:58 AM
I believe that Balade and Balade's wife have made some rumblings about Drake's Fortune.  That means you may not have to listen to the constant drone of my voice!  YAY!

... or the massively belated commentary from me.

I think that's a win. Some others seem to disagree, and I'm still at a loss to understand why. Perhaps I'm just popular, for some unfathomable reason? Who knows...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lucheek

Wasn't able to participate this time...but don't worry I have every intention to be there next Sunday (and because of curse set upon me by the almighty Webcat, I'll get there late.)

And, Llearch, we do it to help earn a cushion against the boxy-ban-hammer.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lucheek on April 13, 2009, 06:56:51 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what brown-nosing me is going to get you in the way of leniency. Perhaps just a quicker kick? Hrm.

Mao

*looks at the box for a moment and then proceeds to place a lit molotov cocktail inside of it*

Wouldn't want you to get cold when you open the door to kick them out.

Lisky

if Mao is relinquishing his control of troll 4dome, i'm usurping his place... assuming that balade will allow me to make snarky or drunken comments while he's playing drake's fortune  :U

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Mao

Not a matter of relinquishing, but if he's playing a one player game.. there's no need to have me there droning on now is there?  Why are you so desperate to get on the webcast anyway?  *eyes you warily*

Balade

For Co-Op games whoever will be joining me will be invited to the skype sessions, aside from that I am considering giving select individuals the opportunity to join us. We'll have to see what Val and Mab think about the idea. I know Mab doesn't want her skype information to become common knowledge. So we'll have to see how things go.

Lisky

if we really wanted insanity, i hear that resistance 2 has 8 player co-op... but that would probably be a bad idea...

as for semi-serious consideration i'm not too sure about all that many co-op games... if your looking for something in a few weeks, prototype looks to be a good choice, but seeing as it'll be brand new, i don't know if you'd want to shell out the cash for that...

i though of a single player game i'd like to see though... Assassin's Creed looked pretty awesome, but i never got around to picking it up

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Teh_Hobo

Assassins Creed is pretty fun, but I don't know how interesting it would be to watch. Unless you completely abandon all attempts at stealth there isnt a whole lot of action.
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Balade

i've webcasted a bit of assasin's creed previously, there's not much stealth involved, i kind of suck at it so if you guys want to see some Assasin's Creed i'll plug that in next.

Turnsky

Quote from: Balade on April 14, 2009, 12:47:19 PM
i've webcasted a bit of assasin's creed previously, there's not much stealth involved, i kind of suck at it so if you guys want to see some Assasin's Creed i'll plug that in next.

just so long as the main character doesn't have a neck like a treestump, we should be fine.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Balade on April 14, 2009, 11:12:18 AM
I know Mab doesn't want her skype information to become common knowledge. So we'll have to see how things go.

Really? Oh, ok.

... not that I'd have given out her details anyway, mind; it's not my place. However, I didn't think she was that hard to locate. Perhaps I'm just acceptable when asking for access. Ho hum.

Mao

I've played through Assassins Creed a few times.  I love it quite a bit.  It'd be fun to see how you play through it, Balade.  Just watching you play through Portal showed me quite a few different ways to do things that seemed to only have one solution to me.

Anyways on to what I think this conversation is leading to:  If folks want me to step out so they can have a chance  to be on the webcast, I will.  I won't be happy about it, but I'm sure I'd move on. :P  Ultimately though, it's up to Balade, Val and Amber.  Even if I were to leave, they may still not want anyone new for the aforementioned reasons.

Lisky

my main goal is finding a coop partner for prototype... open world game, where your playing a shape shifting monster... from what i've heard and seen, it seems pretty insane

Corgatha Taldorthar

Assassin's creed would be fun..... And one of the few console games I've played to completion. So you can have my annoying texts "helping" you through the entirity of things!
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

That'd be much more use if the folks playing were paying any attention at all to the chat.

I begin to wonder if I'm the only one who regularly sits there with the chat open, watching it. Other than the people not actually on the skype, that is. *grin*

Mao

I do occasionally.. but mainly when I'm not busy trying to fail less.

Balade

http://www.javgw.com/

Site for the webcast, I may dump the chat option since you have to login constantly. Aside from that I plan to make various information as well as the webcast files available for viewing offline and the weekly sketches.

More information to come soon as i stop being lazy and finish the page!

Lucheek

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 13, 2009, 07:11:58 PM
Quote from: Lucheek on April 13, 2009, 06:56:51 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what brown-nosing me is going to get you in the way of leniency. Perhaps just a quicker kick? Hrm.

'Twas but a joke.

llearch n'n'daCorna

VSMIT

If you ever decide to play TF2, let me know and I'll try to join.

Balade

I don't know if i could do 6 hours of TF2, Either webcast or on my own.

Turnsky

Quote from: Balade on April 14, 2009, 10:28:49 PM
I don't know if i could do 6 hours of TF2, Either webcast or on my own.

what you need is something that can be done with biting commentary, i'd suggest MGS4, but then it'd be more like watching a movie... pity you haven't got a 360, otherwise i woulda suggested gears 1 or 2 just for the amusing "armorclad gorilla" conversations that'd ensue. >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Lisky

there's killzone 2... barring that, GRAW and GRAW 2 were both pretty fun games... lacked co-op, but were very cinematic ... though probably a bit too slow for some people's taste.

um... resistance 1 or 2 are both pretty solid, though possibly a little disorienting for the people not playing...

if you want something that's fairly brutal, yet fun to both play and watch (at least IMO) Dark Sector is probably the most under-rated game i own...