03/29/09 [DMFA #988] - Hidden injuries

Started by Jairus, March 29, 2009, 03:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Quote from: tiggertoo on March 29, 2009, 01:00:09 PM
Quote from: Draken on March 29, 2009, 12:45:26 PM
Seeing as it is the Censor Panda......what exactly does she DO with all that extra blood now?

Make blood pudding obviously -- she can have her Dan and eat him too.  :mwaha

By that logic the cute little Gee must be some horrible bloodthirsty vampire since she would abscond with all the blood...  she could have spawned Pai Gon since she's a younger vampire she'd need less blood.  While Fa Teen, Remba, and Lady X are mortal voyeurs

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Seth C Triggs on March 29, 2009, 10:42:57 AM
(snip) Kria: No tact, whatsoever. Heh...(snip)
But damage to the femoral artery is very serious. There is no time for sugar coating the fact that they must not overlook any potentially serious injury.
:shifty
I'm sure that's what Kria meant.  

With regards,
Ted

Buhamet

If DP's aim has got worse, I shudder to think what he could have done to Dan in earlier fights if he'd pulled a stunt like that one

e_voyager

they way i see it neither Dan nor Kria want to upset Lorenda for their own reason but it makes me feel sorry for the Dan / Matilda shippers.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Draken

Well, that's Shippers for ya.  (In general the shipping idea is one of futility;  the end result is Always determined by the author, even if he/she is influenced by the popular vote a little  :P)

As for DP's aim, maybe he still did what he did on purpose?  Who knows, he might just have one hell of a Xanatos Gambit up his sleeve (though at this point it might be a Xanatos Roulette....)

(any ideas if there be a podcast tonight?)
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Jairus

Quote from: Draken on March 29, 2009, 05:21:07 PM
Well, that's Shippers for ya.  (In general the shipping idea is one of futility;  the end result is Always determined by the author, even if he/she is influenced by the popular vote a little  :P)

As for DP's aim, maybe he still did what he did on purpose?  Who knows, he might just have one hell of a Xanatos Gambit up his sleeve (though at this point it might be a Xanatos Roulette....)
Hm... I dunno. I doubt that DP could be up to creating a full-blown Gambit right after being resurrected, and even if he has this as a left-over from before he got killed, he doesn't strike me as the type. The best he's done before in the gambit/manipulation department (or at least the best that we've seen) is counting on Dan to bring one of his Fae friends to be sacrificed. I think DP was honestly trying to kill Dan.

As for shipping... is Dan even aware of what Lorenda said to save his life?

(any ideas if there be a podcast tonight?)
Yup.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Titanium Dragon

Quotewell, she did fall in with those hippie na'er do wells back in the day. could have focused on learning healing magic then, as a rebellious teenaged act of ...er...rebellion.

There's nothing "good" about healing. People often associate the two for modern reasons, but there's no particular reason the two go together, and evil is oftentimes depicted as supernaturally resistant. Kria seems to know healing magic, so it seems likely that's where Lorenda got it from.

QuoteIt may only be the censor panda, but Dan (and DP, for that matter) haven't bled all that much.  Considering that Dan has a sucking chest wound, and DP has been cut to the bone in three places.

Uh, we can see blood flowing down over Dan's chest in little rivulets. Given he's got fur, that's a lot of blood, and DP is clutching his wrist, which again has a stream of blood running down his hand AND over the hand clutching his wound, presumably to help stifle the bleeding.

People have an exaggerated idea of just how bloody things are, though I'm sure the panda has something to do with it as well (or at least, with not showing a sucking chest wound too much). Also, we've only gotten one view of Dan's chest, and that was right after he was impaled.

QuoteIf DP's aim has got worse, I shudder to think what he could have done to Dan in earlier fights if he'd pulled a stunt like that one

Well, in the first fight he blasted Dan through a wall. Otherwise, Dan has (likely) been armed, which makes it a much more difficult proposition to just slam into his chest and crush his ribs and puncture his lungs.

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

JackTheCubiWolf

You should see my snarl. Much scarier.
I'm back, and tired.

Alondro

I know why DP didn't hit Dan in the heart. 

Cuz if he did, Dan's Hollow form would've taken over and he'd have been like 10x more powerful in an instant and killed everybody! 

Cuz that's what happens when you hit a hero in the heart, they get uber-powers.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

Dan and Lorenda have spent some time together as shown in the following strips.  And from her reaction to Kria's comments about the pants, she apparently does have feelings for Dan.  And Dan is also concerned about Lorenda getting hurt.  Perhaps the idea of Dan and Lorenda being boyfriend and girlfriend isn't so far-fetched.

Lorenda and Dan meeting

Lorenda and Dan having hamburgers together

Dan reading poetry to Lorenda   

Lorenda helping Dan get some supplies

Lorenda and Dan drinking together
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

inuhanyo

:)  Dan and Lorenda are friends.  Dan's whole career is about protecting others,  in addition to the fact that Dan sees himself as the hero and is naturally protective of friends and family to boot.

Lorenda did not seem to have a lot of friends before Jyrras helped her out by offering her a place to stay.  Since then, she has naturally met Jyrras' friends and some of them, like Dan, have become her friends too.   If she hasn't had many friends in the past, naturally she especially values the ones she has.  And Dan is Jyrras' best friend, so she reason to protect him for Jyrras' sake.

Matilda now, she's made it clear that she is interested in Dan, but she is in no hurry, they both have centuries for a relationship to develop.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: e_voyager on March 29, 2009, 05:14:09 PM
they way i see it neither Dan nor Kria want to upset Lorenda for their own reason but it makes me feel sorry for the Dan / Matilda shippers.
The Dan/Matilda shippers will start a harem comedy.  They always ship by UPS.  :)

With regards,
Ted

Madmann135

Quote from: Alondro on March 29, 2009, 08:44:41 PM
I know why DP didn't hit Dan in the heart. 

Cuz if he did, Dan's Hollow form would've taken over and he'd have been like 10x more powerful in an instant and killed everybody! 

Cuz that's what happens when you hit a hero in the heart, they get uber-powers.   :3

That's why it is always best to aim for the head.

Another thing with hero types is that if you beat them down they have a tendency to come back stronger and smarter than before.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

LionHeart

Generally speaking, shippers take little or no notice of the author's wishes in any case. They just want to see their favourite characters gettin' it on, regardless of what the author might have to say about it. (Or even of the characters' orientation...)
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

icarus

Quote from: Naldru on March 29, 2009, 09:36:44 PM
And from her reaction to Kria's comments about the pants, she apparently does have feelings for Dan.

i think it's more a matter that most people don't want their moms looking lustfully at their friends' naughtybits.

it's just a little TOO weird, even for furrae.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Tycoon

Quote from: Ted Schiller on March 30, 2009, 01:06:18 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on March 29, 2009, 05:14:09 PM
The Dan/Matilda shippers will start a harem comedy.  They always ship by UPS.  :)

With regards,
Ted

All that means is that the Dan/Photophie shippers get more mainstream appeal...

AmigaDragon

Where did this "...shippers" terminology come from? I never heard of it (in this context) until this thread. The only "shippers" I ever heard of before were freight or package transporters.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

AmigaDragon

After the first few times, I usually don't click tvtropes links any more.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

tiggertoo

e_voyager

Quote from: Tycoon on March 30, 2009, 06:31:56 AM
All that means is that the Dan/Photophie shippers get more mainstream appeal...

thats a new group to me.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tycoon

Quote from: e_voyager on April 01, 2009, 11:16:00 PM
thats a new group to me.

Me too.

But they must exist. This IS the internet, after all.

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: thegayhare on March 29, 2009, 03:34:48 PM
Quote from: tiggertoo on March 29, 2009, 01:00:09 PM
Quote from: Draken on March 29, 2009, 12:45:26 PM
Seeing as it is the Censor Panda......what exactly does she DO with all that extra blood now?

Make blood pudding obviously -- she can have her Dan and eat him too.  :mwaha

By that logic the cute little Gee must be some horrible bloodthirsty vampire since she would abscond with all the blood...  she could have spawned Pai Gon since she's a younger vampire she'd need less blood.  While Fa Teen, Remba, and Lady X are mortal voyeurs
I would perfer the "The blood is cranberry juice and Dan isn't harmed at all" logic but eh.

Garsemor

I was just wondering. Wouldn't it be possible for Kria to bring Dan back to life the same way she reincarnated DP in case Dan would... you now... not mack it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Garsemor on April 04, 2009, 03:37:38 PM
I was just wondering. Wouldn't it be possible for Kria to bring Dan back to life the same way she reincarnated DP in case Dan would... you now... not mack it.

I had considered that.  DP seems to have taken soul damage by being resurrected, but in most cases I'd imagine the resurrection was a period of several days/weeks after his death.  If Dan dies for half an hour or so, he might not have the same problem.
Having said that, the difficult bit right now will be getting it so that he doesn't just drop dead again afterwards.

Given Kria's flippant attitude in 988 I would say that she isn't too worried, i.e. she's confident that they'll be able to sort him out.

EDIT:
Welcome aboard, by the way.  Don't forget to read the rules...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

Hard to say, since we don't really know what is involved with a ressurection beyond the need for an intact body. For all we know, you can only work it on a family member or maybe DP's tie to the undead make him the only ressurectable person around. On the other hand, maybe any idiot (not just Kria) with sufficient magical power can revive the dead.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

joshofspam

Nasty. But I wonder what they will do with all that blood?

I mean can magic filter it and place so they can place it back in Dan's body or will they save it for some magic ritual for later?

Well realistically, I guess it would make more sense to have Devin come set the food down and start cleaning while while making comments about Regina's failure to deliver the drinks properly. :P

The big question if Devin meets Dan probably is will Dan make a comment on how this undead reminds him of a certain Cubi he knows?  :shifty

Hope you get better Amber. :)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Jairus

Quote from: joshofspam on April 04, 2009, 07:57:34 PM
The big question if Devin meets Dan probably is will Dan make a comment on how this undead reminds him of a certain Cubi he knows?  :shifty
"What, did you and Abel go to the same school or something?"
"Who's Abel?"

There is always that problem, but then again, Kria could pop up with "Abel? Abel Rewanz?"
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

!KCA

Quote from: Jairus on April 04, 2009, 10:44:22 PM
There is always that problem, but then again, Kria could pop up with "Abel? Abel Rewanz?"

"Abel" is an uncommon name, but hardly unique. Also, Kria is a few hundred years old and quite possibly well-traveled. She may have met one or two Abels in the interim. (Although, how many were cubi? Hmm. . .)