03/16/09 [DMFA #983] - Oh, Kria.

Started by Jairus, March 15, 2009, 11:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teh_Hobo

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on March 17, 2009, 09:30:55 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2009, 09:23:42 PM
He hasn't had his marking visible until now, Arroyo.

Assuming you're talking about Dan, here, his mark has only just shown up. That's why you've not seen it before.
Isn't that what I just said? o-o;

I believe he means that the mark itself didn't actually exist on Dan until this point. After this point it will show up 24/7. Thats what I've understood about all this, anyway.

EDIT: Beaten to it.
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

silentassassin

Well I believe it was said that since Dan hasn't used magic since he was like five it wouldn't appear.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Teh_Hobo on March 17, 2009, 09:36:18 PM
Quote from: Arroyo Milori on March 17, 2009, 09:30:55 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 17, 2009, 09:23:42 PM
He hasn't had his marking visible until now, Arroyo.

Assuming you're talking about Dan, here, his mark has only just shown up. That's why you've not seen it before.
Isn't that what I just said? o-o;

I believe he means that the mark itself didn't actually exist on Dan until this point. After this point it will show up 24/7. Thats what I've understood about all this, anyway.

EDIT: Beaten to it.
Clan marks can be hidden by covering it with clothing (armor, whatever) but not by shape shifting.

Quote from: silentassassin on March 17, 2009, 10:45:26 PM
Well I believe it was said that since Dan hasn't used magic since he was like five it wouldn't appear.

...until he started using magic again. Apparently in any form, not just conscious spell casting.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: Hellcat on March 17, 2009, 09:15:47 PM
*stares at Cyra pic
Holy sh--- ! Dan's descended from HER?

She could be tens of thousands of years old, so it's likely as not a somewhat distant relationship.  Also from what I've heard, ascended 'Cubi can no longer reproduce so - assuming that she didn't ascend after founding her own line - I guess it's possible that Dan may be descended from one of her relatives or siblings or something... we don't really know enough about founding clans to know.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 18, 2009, 06:39:08 AM
Quote from: Hellcat on March 17, 2009, 09:15:47 PM
*stares at Cyra pic
Holy sh--- ! Dan's descended from HER?

She could be tens of thousands of years old, so it's likely as not a somewhat distant relationship.  Also from what I've heard, ascended 'Cubi can no longer reproduce so - assuming that she didn't ascend after founding her own line - I guess it's possible that Dan may be descended from one of her relatives or siblings or something... we don't really know enough about founding clans to know.

Destania is over six thousand years old herself.   As Tapewolf says, we simply don't know enough about founding clans to make informed guesses.

Buhamet

Wait, Destania is over 6,000 years old?!

Tapewolf

Buhamet

Whoa............ that old?

how should I put this........

"She's rather...... perky"

Mao

JackTheCubiWolf

i think i see Dan's Clan Symbol forming on his shoulder and i'm new and was wondering if someone can tell me where to get DMFA Avatars :mowninja
I'm back, and tired.

Mao

Quote from: wildylover443 on March 18, 2009, 03:09:54 PM
i think i see Dan's Clan Symbol forming on his shoulder and i'm new and was wondering if someone can tell me where to get DMFA Avatars :mowninja

Welcome aboard.  Be sure to read the rules and follow them.  The mods are about and they seem to like it when we do that.  Fear the box, he's up to something. 

As for DMFA avatars, afaik you're free to make your own as long as you cite the work as being by Amber Williams and not yourself.  You might also be able to commission some work from the artists here, but they'll likely want their recognition too.

JackTheCubiWolf

i want to know where i can get some Avatars and the ninja mow will be in all my post from now on :mowninja
I'm back, and tired.

Tapewolf

Also note that Wildy is based on a real person who does occasion the forums... she has on at least one occasion been a bit freaked out by people declaring their love for her counterpart in the comic  :U

JackTheCubiWolf

never knew that but i want to be with the comic Wildy in that universe and don't ask me to explain because it's long, complicated, and booooorrrring  and tapewolf i know u from youtube i'm narutofan443 :mowninja
I'm back, and tired.

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 18, 2009, 03:18:17 PM

Also note that Wildy is based on a real person who does occasion the forums... she has on at least one occasion been a bit freaked out by people declaring their love for her counterpart in the comic  :U

I didn't want to say anything about that either, but yeah.  That's kinda creepy.

JackTheCubiWolf

alright i will atleast change my signature :mowninja
I'm back, and tired.

Buhamet

I've noticed them on here, and in all honesty, it didn't surprise me........

I've seen Wildy, Azlan and Ink so far

Mao

Most of them have been here since the old forums if I recall correctly and even back as far as Furcadia, where this all started.  They're the actual people who the characters in the comic are based on.

JackTheCubiWolf

Forget What was here before because i now realize what your talking about :mowninja
I'm back, and tired.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Buhamet on March 18, 2009, 03:35:32 PM
I've noticed them on here, and in all honesty, it didn't surprise me........

I've seen Wildy, Azlan and Ink so far

I've seen Azlan, and I MIGHT have seen Ink, but I don't remember seeing Wildy....

Tapewolf

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 18, 2009, 03:51:40 PM
I've seen Azlan, and I MIGHT have seen Ink, but I don't remember seeing Wildy....
All three are active forum members.  While I don't remember seeing Wildy lately either, it looks like she was logged in yesterday.  Aary occasionally turns up too, and Merlitz has also been around once or twice.

And WL443?  Could you do us a favour and read the rules again, because I'm not 100% convinced you did  >:3  Also, don't go too mad with the ninja mow or it may get removed...

Getting sort of vaguely back on topic, Destania is currently 7026 years old, and interestingly SAIA is supposedly around 7000 years old too, which would make her one of the first students.  I don't have a primary source for that figure, though.

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 18, 2009, 03:59:53 PM
Getting sort of vaguely back on topic, Destania is currently 7026 years old, and interestingly SAIA is supposedly around 7000 years old too, which would make her one of the first students.  I don't have a primary source for that figure, though.

And what a perky figure it is...  err.. I mean...wingspan.  Perky wingspan.

Buhamet

lols

if Destania was one of the first students, then I wonder if there were any other teachers at that point other than Fa'Lina

techmaster-glitch

Also, don't go too mad with the ninja mow or it may get removed...
In this person'a defence, Lysander puts a little januscat at the end of every one of his posts. As long as WL doesn't put more than one, (s)he should be fine.

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 18, 2009, 04:17:07 PM
Also, don't go too mad with the ninja mow or it may get removed...
In this person'a defence, Lysander puts a little januscat at the end of every one of his posts. As long as WL doesn't put more than one, (s)he should be fine.

I'm a he and i am also going to alternate between cookie mows :mowcookie
I'm back, and tired.

Buhamet

Back onto some kind of subject, does anyone think thatthere really is some kind of edward-aniz secret thing or not, because I'm not convinced

JackTheCubiWolf

are u talking about another web comic cause i don't know those names and if they are from the comic i guess i'll read through the archive again :mowcookie
I'm back, and tired.

Buhamet

no, I'm talking about both comic arcs, Abel's story and the main comic

JackTheCubiWolf

ok i'll read through both again this weekend :mowninja
I'm back, and tired.

Lowde

Quote from: wildylover443 on March 18, 2009, 05:47:13 PM
are u talking about another web comic cause i don't know those names and if they are from the comic i guess i'll read through the archive again :mowcookie

Edward Ti'Fiona is Dan's father and Aniz is Abel's father... there's a forum theory going on that they could actually be the same person, and another theory of Edward having killed Aniz... I'm not so convinced by either...