03/16/09 [DMFA #983] - Oh, Kria.

Started by Jairus, March 15, 2009, 11:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: Lowde on March 18, 2009, 05:51:37 PM
Quote from: wildylover443 on March 18, 2009, 05:47:13 PM
are u talking about another web comic cause i don't know those names and if they are from the comic i guess i'll read through the archive again :mowcookie

Edward Ti'Fiona is Dan's father as Aniz is Abel's father... there's a forum theory going on that they could actually be the same person, and another theory of Edward having killed Aniz... I'm not so convinced by either...

ok thanks

MOW BATTLE TO THE DEATH
:mowcookie :mowninja
WINNER: :mowcookie
I'm back, and tired.

Buhamet

It's more likely that Ed killed Aniz, in my opinion, but there could be other reasons why Abel would have reason to be annoyed by hearing that name

also, while mow emoticons are fun, you shouldn't go overboard with them

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: Buhamet on March 18, 2009, 05:59:24 PM
also, while mow emoticons are fun, you shouldn't go overboard with them
:mowtongue PHHT
I'm back, and tired.

Buhamet

out of interest, wl443, where are you in reading the comic?

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Lowde on March 18, 2009, 05:51:37 PM
Edward Ti'Fiona is Dan's father and Aniz is Abel's father... there's a forum theory going on that they could actually be the same person...

I want this theory to die so hard, because it keeps coming up on the slimmest of possibilities. But most regulars know my perception of the regular wild mass guessing they do, so I'm just going to go and wander off again.

*runs off, waving a radar over his head.*
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: Buhamet on March 18, 2009, 06:19:19 PM
out of interest, wl443, where are you in reading the comic?
I've Read through it all (but it has been awhile sense my last read through) and are with the fight between Dan and D.P. :mowninja
I'm back, and tired.

Buhamet

ok, just checking

aaaaand Janus, I share your hatred, if it's not too strong a word, about the theory............. because it just sound stupid and like a lame get out cause for something

Tapewolf

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on March 18, 2009, 06:21:43 PM
I want this theory to die so hard, because it keeps coming up on the slimmest of possibilities.
This will sound bizarre coming from someone who is one of the main exponents of the theory, but in a funny sort of way, I do too.  Having it settled one way or the other would allow us to draw the line, but it doesn't want to be disproved and unfortunately, it's against my principles to bury it myself.  I have been trying to keep the discussion of it down - or at least away from the main threads - though arguably I'm not doing a particularly good job of that.

Maybe I should offer a paypal award to anyone who can positively disprove it to my satisfaction or something  :B

Quote from: Buhamet on March 18, 2009, 06:26:08 PM
it just sound stupid and like a lame get out cause for something

Then why in gods' names did you bring it up?  :U

"It sounds stupid" would be an argument I might accept against Devin being brought back as an undead, though.  If someone had proposed that to me, I'd have written it off as silly wishful thinking.  I guess, if we take anything away from that, it's that even improbable things are still possible, and that Occam's Razor doesn't work too well against DMFA.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 18, 2009, 04:17:07 PM
In this person'a defence, Lysander puts a little januscat at the end of every one of his posts. As long as WL doesn't put more than one, (s)he should be fine.

The januscat is probably subtle enough to get away with it.  I hadn't noticed.  The Mow is more conspicuous.  Honestly?  It's not something I'd do, but I can see it irritating Damaris or Darkmoon and that's not something we really want to have happen.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

JackTheCubiWolf

ok and i just want to say that i like this forum a lot better then the other one i'm apart of

o and :shapeshifters
just thought i would remind u all
I'm back, and tired.

Rakyth

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 16, 2009, 05:08:26 AM
One thing that disturbs me about this strip is that Regina isn't there.  She needs to be taken out so she can't interfere.

I do think she is still recovering from the concussion she just recieved.

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 16, 2009, 05:44:45 AM
Healing, one would hope.  That's the sort of basic magic that even an Adventurer should learn.

I doubt he has learnt magic, else his clan symbol would have shown up sooner. Considering he had 3 years of running on nothing but emotions[Surviving on ale, too], I would say that he is either about to cast a spell out of instinct[like a Fae would] or seriously rip Aliph to pieces. On another note, in the image I shall provide herein, you shall see that Dan made a knife-edge with his wings. The crunch is likely Aliph losing his forearm bones. Dan apparently did learn from Abel's shapeshifting class.

Aliph seems to have greater strength though, in terms of muscles.

On the note of blood, that would strike near to where a lot of the blood goes to and comes from: The heart. However, blood is already under pressure, and being pushed towards something. Hence it's more of a gushing enless the slice is very fine, and even then the platelets would patch that up rather quickly. It's more of a "Oh good God it's pouring out like a faucet!". I accidently ripped my thumb open with an exacto knife. Even though there were few blood vessals, it took quite a lot of tissue and band-aid to stop the bleeding and get enough pressure to stop it.[Pressure stops the bleeding because, again, vessals are under pressure, and there is a distinct change in pressure between the vessals in the air, mainly a distinct lack.]

I hope this sorts stuff out, but I'm only a high school student who aces state testing. Take everything with a bit of salt.

On the subject of Dan's Father and Abel's Father:

Abel knows his dad. He knows Destania, too, and my guess is he would know if they are brothers.
On top of that, how would clans work out?

JackTheCubiWolf

didn't have to tell us of your experience *shudders* :mowsad
I'm back, and tired.

Tapewolf

Quote from: rakyth on March 18, 2009, 07:17:34 PM
Abel knows his dad. He knows Destania, too, and my guess is he would know if they are brothers.
He might.  Look back at the SAIA arc.

Two things spring to mind - firstly, Abel - who has driven his roommates insane - actually seems to be looking out for Dan.  He went really mad when Ink sent Dan catatonic.  The rest of his treatment seems to be a little harsh at times, but everything he has done (however badly it may have worked out) has been for Dan's express benefit.  The baseball bat is the only one out-of-place and that appears to have been a miscalculation since he thought Dan would know and block it.
Secondly, Fa'Lina told Abel something that forced him to leave the Academy, against his wishes.  We do not know what it was.

QuoteOn top of that, how would clans work out?
The most powerful clan (Cyra) comes out on top.

JackTheCubiWolf

ummm who's ink i don't remember him for some reason
and :noobrape o wait that's me...
NO!! STAY AWAY!! AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!
I'm back, and tired.

Rakyth

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 18, 2009, 07:24:46 PM
He might.  Look back at the SAIA arc.

Two things spring to mind - firstly, Abel - who has driven his roommates insane - actually seems to be looking out for Dan.  He went really mad when Ink sent Dan catatonic.  The rest of his treatment seems to be a little harsh at times, but everything he has done (however badly it may have worked out) has been for Dan's express benefit.  The baseball bat is the only one out-of-place and that appears to have been a miscalculation since he thought Dan would know and block it.
Secondly, Fa'Lina told Abel something that forced him to leave the Academy, against his wishes.  We do not know what it was.

QuoteOn top of that, how would clans work out?
The most powerful clan (Cyra) comes out on top.

Big brother thing going on?

Ink is the ..doctor...tester person with the giant needle at Saia. Fit for a Gryffon C, the needle is.

Yeah, the fact that she sent Abel out with him might be a clue that she knows, too. I think the ban lifted right around the time Dan was born, ya?

She might be protecting him against others who know Destania, too, and it could be that she needed an experienced Cubi and Abel was close.

Thanks for telling me about the clan thing. I hope Abel's mom turns out okay, I liked her a lot.

JackTheCubiWolf

I'm back, and tired.

Rakyth

Characters on a scale of likingness, from greatest to least:

Abel
Matilda
Lorenda
Pip
Abel's mom
Jyrras
Kria
Fi
Alexsi
Dan
Azlan
DP
Heading towards neutral.
Mab
Fluffy
Aaryanna
Neutral.
Biggs
Aliyka
Regina
Devin
Pyroduck
Merlitz
Hate.
Wildy

Sorry Wildy.

JackTheCubiWolf

HOW DARE YOU!! A smiley gets hung :lynched
and a mow is get baked in a oven all because of you
I'm back, and tired.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Wildylover443, this is your one and only warning.

Every second post on this page has been from you. This is NOT a chatroom. If you want a chatroom, go find one somewhere else. This is a forum. That means everyone gets equal time to talk. Not, everyone gets to talk to you.

I'd be less concerned if there was some content worth reading in your posts, but so far, they have all been either one-liners or one-liners with smileys.

I can and will revoke your rights to use smileys due to abuse. I've done it before, I can add you to the list. I can and will revoke your rights to post. Heck, I can and will revoke your rights to even read the forum.

Do not try me on this. You won't like the results.

Edit: Oh, and fix your sig. That image is more than 250 pixels high. Or I'll fix it for you.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rakyth

Darkmoon

Strictly speaking, there are several rules that cover this warning, in case anyone is curious.

We specifically have rules against spamming (Rule IV, although Rule IV, Section D could be applied as well), rules against idiocy (Rule VI), and rules against improper writing styles (all parts of Rule VIII). Additionally, the Rules for the Comic Forums have rules specifically barring zaniness for the sake of zaniness with no substantive content.

We understand you're new here, but you have managed, in 18 posts, to break several rules. This is an official warning (issues by llearch, seconded by me), and you need to make sure to calm down and become a real poster.

Otherwise, llearch may not be the one to ban you. Five-to-One says it's a race among the Moderators to see who does it first.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

silentassassin

Reminds me of this site I go to where two mods had a contest to see who could ban this one trouble maker the most. The winner has been referred to as trigger happy ever since.

Whoopsie off topic

Honestly Aniz cant be Dan's father for genetic reasons. Dan takes heavily from his father appearance wise *and thickness of skull*.

inuhanyo

Anyone think that this is likely the roughest fight Dan and DP have had against each other?

In panel 2, there seems to be something on Dan's left wing.  Look at top right of the box in rakyth's image post. 
... On another note, in the image I shall provide herein, you shall see that Dan made a knife-edge with his wings. The crunch is likely Aliph losing his forearm bones. Dan apparently did learn from Abel's shapeshifting class.

Aliph seems to have greater strength though, in terms of muscles.

Dan seems to have quite exceeded Able's shapeshifting 101 class.

And yes, DP is larger than Dan and demons are noted for their strength, while Cubi aren't.

!KCA

I thought Aary coached Dan in general wing shapeshifting. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's how he pulled of the Pac-Man gag so quickly. As opposed to, you know, instant mastery. He's been doing this stuff for a while now. (How much time has passed since "Check it out! Godzilla!"?)

inuhanyo

Quote from: !KCA on March 19, 2009, 12:17:39 AM
I thought Aary coached Dan in general wing shapeshifting. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's how he pulled of the Pac-Man gag so quickly. As opposed to, you know, instant mastery. He's been doing this stuff for a while now. (How much time has passed since "Check it out! Godzilla!"?)

It's been a while, but we don't know how long a while.  Aaryanna managed to coach him in tendril fine detail shapeshifting and Abel taught him enough to hide his headwings.  The Pac-Man gag was Dan putting the two together. 

From what we now know of Dan's motivations ("I vowed that I would become the best,,,"), it's almost certain that Dan does a lot of practice that we've simply never seen.  It seems reasonable that sometime he would have decided that, distaste for being a Cubi or not, he needed to include his new abilities into his personal combat training regimen.

tiggertoo

Quote from: inuhanyo on March 19, 2009, 01:05:22 AM
From what we now know of Dan's motivations ("I vowed that I would become the best,,,"), it's almost certain that Dan does a lot of practice that we've simply never seen.  It seems reasonable that sometime he would have decided that, distaste for being a Cubi or not, he needed to include his new abilities into his personal combat training regimen.
Agreed -- considering the effort and time he's put into just the high heels training (and DDR for that matter), I think we can safely say that Dan is far more serious and dedicated to being the best than one might otherwise believe from his usual happy go lucky attitude. His reaction to falling into Kria's pit trap is another example. And as Aary observed - he does tend to be very unorthodox in his approach:  http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_387.php

silentassassin

Has anyone ever thought that maybe every bit of Dan's slight stupidity and quite unorthodox methods of adventuring and doing practicly everything might just bea clever ruse? Maybe he is a secretly quite calculating person who hides his certain personality by blending in with public through moronic actions?

Or maybe it is 3 AM and sugar don't mix well with one's fragile mind.  :bunny

Mao

While I'm not sure of the source of this, nor am I concerned enough to go find it, I believe it's been mentioned before that Dan is more than he seems in quite a few areas, particularly among those of intelligence.

Sunblink

Quote from: silentassassin on March 19, 2009, 04:06:43 AM
Has anyone ever thought that maybe every bit of Dan's slight stupidity and quite unorthodox methods of adventuring and doing practicly everything might just bea clever ruse? Maybe he is a secretly quite calculating person who hides his certain personality by blending in with public through moronic actions?

Tape's suggested something to that degree.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 19, 2009, 09:15:14 AM
Tape's suggested something to that degree.

I swear it used to be on his cast page at one point.

DarkAudit

Quote from: silentassassin on March 18, 2009, 11:17:36 PM
Honestly Aniz cant be Dan's father for genetic reasons. Dan takes heavily from his father appearance wise *and thickness of skull*.

A theory that hasn't been explored is Aniz getting run over by a truck ten minutes after leaving SAIA following the scene we just witnessed (or otherwise being forcibly removed from the picture long in the past). So Abel's reaction to the Ti'Fiona name in the present day is because of Dee, not Aniz.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....