Troll trolly troll troll...(Weekly game podcast #2)

Started by Amber Williams, February 15, 2009, 06:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

While I colour tonights comic, I will be chattering about with some friends in a video game podcastlike thing. Some of you may remember this from last week. Either way, if you wanna swing on in and listen to me rattle about pointless things with friends while we play Deadspace, feel free. 

Odds are through the evening I will be talking about some dmfa things but mostly it will probably be us screaming like little sissy girls at various Necromorphs.

Just a heads up, the language may get a bit colourful so guard your sensibilities.

Anyways, here we~

Temp removed due to time expire

Feel free to post comments here if you want, or if you have an account feel free to say you in the chat.

Edit:
http://www.justin.tv/clip/eef2134258b7843f
Clip 1/23 of the second webcast.
  -- llearch

Lisky

... more no means no? (possibly playing on at least normal)

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Jairus

Hi, Troll #3, aka Amber. It appears I'll be wasting another Sunday night. No complaints, really: there are worse ways to spend the night. *sits back to watch*
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lisky

yep yep, i've got an anat quiz tomorrow afternoon, so i'll be listening in, studying, and making snarky, amusing, or random comments depending on my coherency at the time

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

techmaster-glitch

whoever the guy is, I can hardly hear his voice...

rabid_fox

If people listened to me playing video games, I'd be banned from being allowed.

Oh dear.

techmaster-glitch

Note to anyone who hasn't yet signed up for the chat: Don't! It will kill the broadcast! :(

EDIT: Nevermind, just serious lag issues all around ;)

Damaris

Do we know troll 1 and 2 from here?  I'm so confused!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Madmann135

You have DeadSpace?
I got it for PC... scary stuff...

I've played numerous supposedly scary games in the past but most/all fall short to the creepy + fear factor of Dead Space.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Damaris on February 15, 2009, 11:29:04 PM
Do we know troll 1 and 2 from here?  I'm so confused!

No, I believe they were the authors of Cats n Cameras. Possibly. It was a bit vague...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Amber Williams

Troll 1 and 2 are Val and Coon. You met Spice a few years back just before we went to Anthrocon. Coon her is her husband that she has married to gainher delicious American immigrancy. :U

Or because she loves him. And stuff.  Val does do the comic Cats and Cameras.  But mainly it is just the three of us and whatever 4th person we can wrangle doofing around while Coon plays Deadspace.

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 16, 2009, 10:39:17 AM
Troll 1 and 2 are Val and Coon. You met Spice a few years back just before we went to Anthrocon. Coon her is her husband that she has married to gainher delicious American immigrancy. :U

Or because she loves him. And stuff.  Val does do the comic Cats and Cameras.  But mainly it is just the three of us and whatever 4th person we can wrangle doofing around while Coon plays Deadspace.
Or really, whatever game you guys decide to stick in. Still, it was a lot of fun and I laughed a lot last night. I look forward to watching it again next week.

Cat's and Cameras? I don't think I've heard of it before. *goes to look up*

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd be more likely to show up on a Saturday night; Sundays, I usually have to get up in the morning.

And, of course, the lag on the conversation makes it difficult to make smart remarks...

ShadesFox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 16, 2009, 01:22:11 PM
And, of course, the lag on the conversation makes it difficult to make smart remarks...

I tried anyways, sometimes they came off wrong it seems.  I think the trolls hate me now X3
The All Purpose Fox

Jairus

Quote from: ShadesFox on February 16, 2009, 07:59:51 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 16, 2009, 01:22:11 PM

I tried anyways, sometimes they came off wrong it seems.  I think the trolls hate me now X3

Oh, they get the smart remarks eventually.

But, don't worry: you're not alone in probably being hated by the Trolls.  ;)

ShadesFox

Quote from: Jairus on February 16, 2009, 08:23:13 PM

Yea, but then they are a lot less funny.  And we totally need to start our own channel, you and I Jairus, the "Wait, what are we doing?" channel.  You can talk about stuff and I'll nap.  It will be awesome.
The All Purpose Fox

senrath

I was happy when they finally listened to me and picked a male character during SC4.

Is this going to be going on most every week?  If so, yay!

Jairus

Quote from: ShadesFox on February 16, 2009, 08:42:49 PM

Yea, but then they are a lot less funny.  And we totally need to start our own channel, you and I Jairus, the "Wait, what are we doing?" channel.  You can talk about stuff and I'll nap.  It will be awesome.
Except no one would listen to it. At least, I don't think so. And besides, what would I talk about? I have like, ten games. And have no idea what to do to do a channel like that. And I'm not really an interesting character, unlike Troll 3.

Quote from: senrath on February 16, 2009, 08:45:36 PM
Is this going to be going on most every week?  If so, yay!
I'm fairly certain.

Lisky

... i would like some credit for starting the "NO MEANS NO" that has become a reoccurring theme now  :U

ShadesFox

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 17, 2009, 01:12:02 AM
... i would like some credit for starting the "NO MEANS NO" that has become a reoccurring theme now  :U

No.  And NO MEANS NO!

Quote from: Jairus on February 17, 2009, 01:08:54 AM
Except no one would listen to it. At least, I don't think so. And besides, what would I talk about? I have like, ten games. And have no idea what to do to do a channel like that. And I'm not really an interesting character, unlike Troll 3.

That doesn't matter.  I'll just get some rum on and then you play video games and I'll make fun of you.  You get to play video games and I get rum, it won't matter how many people watch!
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

The other option is using teamspeak. I have a spare server for that...

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 17, 2009, 03:54:59 AM

... um, I'm going to sound completely stupid here, but I'll never learn unless I ask. What is "teamspeak?"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jairus on February 17, 2009, 03:57:01 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 17, 2009, 03:54:59 AM
... um, I'm going to sound completely stupid here, but I'll never learn unless I ask. What is "teamspeak?"

No, you're not silly. It's a conference call thing, designed to use fairly minimal bandwidth, and to be used during team games to allow the team members to talk to each other.

It works like skype, but doesn't have skype's downsides - limited numbers of people allowed in group call, excess bandwidth being pinched by skype to deliver other people's calls, etc.

IMHO, it works better than skype. For me.

But then, for me, I usually have to close down my browsers to allow skype to use the soundcard, which is a bit of a bodge. Why can't they use alsa like everyone else, instead of oss? *sigh*...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 17, 2009, 04:47:18 AM
But then, for me, I usually have to close down my browsers to allow skype to use the soundcard, which is a bit of a bodge. Why can't they use alsa like everyone else, instead of oss? *sigh*...
ALSA should provide an oss emulation layer.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 17, 2009, 04:51:04 AM
ALSA should provide an oss emulation layer.

It does. You still can't use any other sound applications at the same time as Skype. Or even have them open...

Mao

Ventrillo is another option, but it's an option you have to pay for iirc.  I don't know if it has the same issues as TeamSpeak.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 17, 2009, 06:33:54 AM
Ventrillo is another option, but it's an option you have to pay for iirc.  I don't know if it has the same issues as TeamSpeak.

It has other issues. Like, it only runs on windows - at least, last time I looked.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 17, 2009, 07:08:31 AM
It has other issues. Like, it only runs on windows - at least, last time I looked.
Yes, they seem to still be working on it.  It might run in Wine, of course...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

My question is: how do you broadcast on a computer what you play on a console?