The ban game, v15

Started by Mao, November 06, 2008, 09:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

Eagle is banned for not knowing what STC means.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Mao

Corgatha is banned for looking down on Eagle.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Mowser is banned for his terrible case of Redeye
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Ren Gaulen

Corgi is banned for being the last in line.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Ren Gaulen is banned for his poor eyesight and failing to notice that it was *he* who was last in line.

Ren Gaulen

Well played, Corgi, but you're too slow. Now I am the one standing behind you! BAN-O-KEN!!

Corgatha Taldorthar

Hence, Ren Gaulen, standing behind me, is the last in line and therefore banned.

Noone

Corgatha Taldorthar is banned to prevent him and Ren Gaulen from creating a paradox.

Cogidubnus

Corgatha is banned for not preventing them from creating a taradox, however.

Jairus

Cogi is banned because I just tesseracted. What should I do now?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Corgatha Taldorthar

Jairus is banned by the mighty splonge.

e_voyager

Corgatha is banned for my STC time is poor at best.(stc)
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Slowtini

e_voyager is banned in a sad attempt at humor.

e_voyager

Slowtini is banned and the bannings shall continues until morals improves.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Mao

e_voyager is banned due to a relative set of morals.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mowser is banned for bringing Einstein's morals into it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

llearch is banned for playing dice with the universe. And also cheating.

Mao

Cogi is banned for thinking that either of those are bannable offenses.

Cogidubnus

Mowser is banned randomly, before being sucked into a wormhole and ejected into an alternate dimension where the oceans are comprised of french onion dip.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Cogidubnus is banned because I've already rolled out all the ones.

Ren Gaulen

L is banned because I rolled twenty. Three times in a row. FALCON PUNCH!!!

Jairus

Ren is banned because I want to ban Boxy. Boxy is banned because you can't roll out the ones: the odds are still 1 in 20 that you'll roll a one next time you roll, no matter how many times you've rolled ones before hand.

Ren Gaulen

Jay is banned by a shockwave from the Falcon Punch I threw at Boxy.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Ren Gaulen is banned because I'm not feeling well and want someone to kick.

VSMIT

Corthaga is banned for being here instead of getting better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

VSMIT is banned because I love his avatar.

Jubblies, it's not. Any random die will roll a 1 one time in 20. Any one die will roll two 1s in a row, one time in 400 (20x20). Any die will roll three 1s in a row, one time in 8000 (20x20x20).

If you get a large enough stack of dice, roll them all one at a time, and select all the ones that have rolled 1. Then re-roll all those, select all the ones that have rolled 1 again. Re-roll just those, and select all the ones that have re-rolled 1s. At that point, you have a set of dice that have rolled three 1s in a row, and have a 1 in 160,000 chance of rolling a 1 with any of them.

If you have a really really large number of dice, and an awful lot of spare time, you can go for one more, and make it a 1 in 32 million chance of rolling a 1, but that might be going a bit far. ;-]

Plus, all this is statistical, so it doesn't matter who rolls them.

Neat, huh?

(and we can tell who reads the annotations in Darths and Droids...)

Jairus

Boxy is banned because while those are the odds of that precise sequence happening (ie, 1-in-20 x 1-in-20 x 1-in-20 x 1-in-20), the fact is that the odds of a 20-sided die rolling a 1 is still 1-in-20. Just like how if you flip a coin 19 times and it lands heads-up every time, the odds are still 50-50 that it'll land heads up the 20th time.

And because he reads Darths and Droids.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Jairus is banned because while the odds are 50-50 for any _one_ coin toss, the probability is not the same thing, and when you start running multiple coin tosses - or die rolls - the probability changes.

Which is why you _can_ roll the ones out. Provided those dice don't roll again until you're ready.

Ren Gaulen

L is banned because I, too, use loaded dice for my saving throws.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Ren Gaulen is banned for needing loaded dice. True cheaters know how to feel for pips or ridges as they hold the die and throw so that the proper face lands upright!