Tiger_T

Quote from: Jairus on January 22, 2009, 03:43:26 AM

Sorry, couldn't resist.

@ Darkmoon:
Request to add this awesome to the emoticons! :3

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 22, 2009, 11:50:21 AM
Quote from: Feather Dancer
... Kira ...

Come on people, you're starting to slip again, it's Kria, not Kira. Once in a post could be just a transposition typo, but every time... :mowdizzy

Quote from: Black_angel

Thank you. :mowhappy
Would Kira bother to bury anyone, even family? ...

:rolleyes
*THWACK* OWW!
Okay, it's just a typo, so I deserve that.
Sorry, but I just couldn't resist quoting that one. :P

Quote from: senrath on January 22, 2009, 02:41:02 PM
Quote from: Naldru on January 22, 2009, 01:31:53 PM
Edit:  Why do I have this image of Devin and Abel spending time together exchanging recipes and home decorating techniques.
You have that image because that would be awesome.

You have that image?
Post it here!  :rolleyes :P

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 23, 2009, 09:54:32 AM
Oh god!  This is just like that time my bowl of Cheerio's tried to scare me!   :dface

Evil Cheerios ... of DOOM! :mwaha

We haven't seen all of Abel's story yet. Maybe by now he already knows of undead Devin and of Kria being a demon.
...on the other paw - maybe not. *shrugs*

Amber, you truly are the queen of plot twists! :boogie
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

AnizInDisguise

DEVIN?!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!

Aurawyn

Now that the Devin's "alive" shock had died down..

What the heck is a "Second Aunt" and "Second Uncle"H My mother is very into genology and can track my family back at least 15 generations on both sides, but she has never heared this term before.. I can only assume that its a Grand Uncle/Aunt or Great Grand Aunt/Uncle perhaps...

(See Chart)

Naldru

I found some references on Google and it looks like second aunt/uncle is grand aunt/uncle and third aunt/uncle was great grand aunt/uncle.  But it also looked like the people in the forums were a little confused as well.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

inuhanyo

On the third page of the thread for 963, Amber dropped off this diagram

A = Aliph Soulstealer
L = Lorenda Soulstealer
K = Kria Soulstealer
R = Regina Darkblood

So Lorenda and Regina have great-grand parents in common.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tiger_T on January 23, 2009, 04:56:54 PM
@ Darkmoon:

Why do you think Darkmoon is the only one who can add emoticons?

:twist
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Emerauld Drathmir

On an unrelated note, llearch...your creatures are growing up rather neat.  I am liking the changes they are undergoing.

/end topic change

The plot twist is rather neat.  Methinks Kria's house is one that might break Abel's brain though.

Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 24, 2009, 07:01:44 AM
Quote from: Tiger_T on January 23, 2009, 04:56:54 PM
@ Darkmoon:

:twist
Haha! Oh, that's awesome, Boxy!

And I really hope that Kria breaks it gently to Abel. And that the two of them can at least somewhat restart their friendship. And Devin and Abel too, I suppose, though in that case I'd suppose it'd be a new friendship.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

I'm wondering whether Abel commands Fi to report what it's seen after they return.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tiger_T

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 24, 2009, 07:01:44 AM
YAY!
... I mean.. No reason. I just remember it being him adding them way back when we had a topic suggesting new additions.

Thank you, oh Great Box of wisdom and code! :3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Alterationartist

Quote from: superluser on January 22, 2009, 04:10:18 AM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 22, 2009, 02:03:21 AMSomething seems different about his face, but I can't quite place it (need sleep) maybe it's just the stupid brain overreacting to the new eye color and insisting that the rest of the face altered as well.

Yeah, it's probably the Bezold Effect.

In any case, Abel's sure to find out about Devin, so this should prove to be the sort of thing that unsettles Abel.  Unless he already knows about it.

Abel can't know about it since he has refused to leave SAIA since after Devin and his loved ones were killed.

Also, this is likely a building tension between Dan/Regina and Abel/Devin. There will inevitably be a climax which will be be both epic and hilarious. If Amber was one to flip around, Fi met devin, but might not tell him, since he bears more of an attachment to Dan then Abel. Dan might meet Devin, and not tell Abel, thinking that Abel wouldn't care about an undead houseservant in Kria's home. Maybe either Fi or Dan will bring up mention of his name, tossing a bomb into the stagnance brought on by the DP anticlimax. Or maybe mentioning of Kria... Has Abel seen Kria since he left SAIA? He sees Kria: OMG! He sees Devin: OMFG! He sees the both of them have been close together the entire time he's been torturing newbies at SAIA: OMFGWTFFBBFQ! *pass out by heart attack, leads to hilarious situation where either Dan, Kria, or Devin performs CPR upon his regain of conciousness* The Dan/Regina will come first, most likely, since we know of the fuse on that bomb, but seeing what the dilly-o is about this until recently unknown Regina will likely be the focus of our suspension of disbelief.
Round 9!

Tyranastrasz

Well, Abel may have talked to some people who told him about Devin's continued existence.

thegayhare

and we do know that non cubi visit saia so it could be possible that Kria has been there too

Baal Hadad

Something else has just occurred to me....

Here Devin's mother says "I should have killed you like the others!  You hear me?!  You should be dead!"

I doubt very much that this has any direct bearing on Devin's current condition--meaning I don't think that his mother saying that had anything to do with the existence of the undead, but in light of the fact that he now IS undead it's an interesting thing to think about.

Then again, maybe that would have been better served when he actually did die, in Abel's story....

Well, anyway, I thought it was interesting....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alterationartist on January 24, 2009, 06:03:31 PM
been torturing newbies at SAIA: OMFGWTFFBBFQ! *pass out by heart attack, leads to hilarious situation

Out of interest: what's the FBBFQ stand for?

AmigaDragon

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 22, 2009, 11:50:21 AM
Quote from: Feather Dancer on January 22, 2009, 09:53:04 AM
... at Kira's place, of course Abel very unlikely realises Kira is ...

Kira just went up my favourite list again with this one!

Come on people, you're starting to slip again, it's Kria, not Kira. Once in a post could be just a transposition typo, but every time... :mowdizzy

Would Kira bother to ...

OOPS! :mowdizzy

Quote from: Feather Dancer on January 23, 2009, 08:46:48 AM
Apologies I admit I have a typo problem.

So KRIA there, I got it right this time :(

As you can see, I'm not immune. :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Arcblade

Eee, plot twist.  Poor Abel.   :mowhappy  Delicious.

Naldru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 25, 2009, 08:39:07 AM
Quote from: Alterationartist on January 24, 2009, 06:03:31 PM
been torturing newbies at SAIA: OMFGWTFFBBFQ! *pass out by heart attack, leads to hilarious situation

Out of interest: what's the FBBFQ stand for?
BBFQ is defined at urbandictionary.com.  I assume that the preceding "F" is the same as the other instances of the letter and is added for emphasis.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hrm. I parsed it more or less likewise, and figured "that couldn't be it, that doesn't make any sense..."

I spose that might be the point.

Akisohida

Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Akisohida on February 01, 2009, 11:12:25 AM
Makes me wonder...Does Abel know?

I'd been pondering this question myself--if she's given official word, please direct me to it (I don't think she has, though), but I don't see any reason for him to know.  He's been at SAIA all this time and doesn't know much about the outside world, plus I don't think Kria has anything to do with SAIA, at least not directly.  She's a demon-mare, not a succubus.

Then again, that's just what I can glean from the situation....

Tapewolf

I think not, for the reasons Ba'al has stated.  However, I think he's about to find out if he asks Fi to give a rundown on Dan's activities.  This, IMHO, is liable to happen as soon as they get back - I don't think Fi was supposed to leave the area at all without informing him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 01, 2009, 11:22:21 AM

I think not, for the reasons Ba'al has stated.  However, I think he's about to find out if he asks Fi to give a rundown on Dan's activities.  This, IMHO, is liable to happen as soon as they get back - I don't think Fi was supposed to leave the area at all without informing him.

Unless of course, Abel gets distracted with something........... I'm sure if Amber wants to put off the meeting or knowledge of the two, she can easily invent something with Jyrras and/or Alexsi to keep Abel busy and too preoccupied to ask Fi.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 01, 2009, 12:26:47 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 01, 2009, 11:22:21 AM

Unless of course, Abel gets distracted with something........... I'm sure if Amber wants to put off the meeting or knowledge of the two, she can easily invent something with Jyrras and/or Alexsi to keep Abel busy and too preoccupied to ask Fi.

Don't give her ideas!

Baal Hadad

My thinking currently is that Amber more or less has to effect a reunion between the two at some point--just when that point will be is up to her, and while I personally (as I'm sure most fans would agree) would prefer that to happen sooner rather than later, it wouldn't surprise me a bit of Amber kept the carrot dangling above our heads for awhile--I don't know if she'd stoop to the idea of having them keep missing each other while nevertheless being in the same space, but since they're not IN the same space at present I doubt that'll come up anyway.

However, I do want to see the two of them meet and I do ponder what might happen--as I said before, I doubt Abel knows Devin has been brought back from the dead and would LOVE to see his reaction...but at the same time I don't know how much Devin remembers (or knows?) about his past, so I don't know if he'd remember Abel....

At any rate, if Abel at least learns that Devin is still around, it might give him incentive to do more than simply stay holed up in the basement only coming out to tutor Dan and do other things he's asked, or for his own personal reasons.

Whatever happens, I consider the introduction of Devin to be a turning point in the comic, comparable to Dan learning he was an incubus back in Chapter 14....

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tyranastrasz on February 01, 2009, 01:06:00 PM
Don't give her ideas!

Why not? More ideas means more strips. I'm thinking that for whatever reason, Abel doesn't immediately find out, though not too far delayed (in comic time).

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Giuseppe Verdi - Joan of Arc: Overture (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

inuhanyo

Abel's instructions to Fi were "come and get me if Dan does anything dangerous".

Of course, Fi has proven most ... distractable.

I think it depends on Abel actually asking for a recount of events, and even then "I wandered off to the kitchen and met this nice undead who made me a sandwich" isn't likely to make it into the story.

And if I were Dan, I'd be organizing a trip to DP's grave as soon as I finished paying Kria and got home.  Abel's likely to be asking for the "what's been going on" from Dan, rather than Fi.

M

Speaking of the name D'R being seen, I spotted this while going through the archive. I think Lorenda name dropped Devin twenty-some pages prior to his reappearance. This comic: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_947.php

I circled it in red, as you can see.

I thought it was interesting. :)