01/11/09 [DMFA #963] - WHAT. THE. HECK?

Started by Sunblink, January 11, 2009, 06:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

Interesting, that with all of the Soulstealer family loyalty, that Kria would employ a second niece as a maid. Maybe she doesn't consider Regina close enough kin to treat with the sort of reverence DP seems to get. Another thought that occurs is that Kria sees her sort of hero worship as a kind of weakness and is perfectly willing to punish her for her foolishness. And get clean floors in the bargain.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Cogidubnus

Naldru

Does this mean that Regina is demonstrating the equivalent of a "Goth" attitude, with leaving the wing in its current state the equivalent of various body piercings?

The question is also whether Dan and Regina met before, and the nature of their relationship.  And, if so, does Kria know of the episode involving Regina and Wildy?

Will Wildy discover the relationship between Lorenda and Regina?  What will be her reaction?

Inquiring minds want to know and utter curses and deprecations against various departments of the Canadian government for delaying the answer.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go to sleep with so many unanswered questions that I'm not even going to try to speculate on the answers.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Wanderer

HOLY MOTHER OF I wasn't expecting that at all.

At last, the formerly most mysterious character in the comic receives her second canon appearance and an updated cast page.

I don't think Lorenda had to be QUITE that rude to her, temper or no, but given her cast page information Regina has probably not made herself that likable...

Kasarn

superluser

Maybe I'm doing my usual lousy job of skimming, but if Regina is a second cousin, wouldn't that make her DP's SO's niece?

(Granted, there are a lot of other possibilities, but this would be the most conservative.  Next most conservative would be that Lorenda's father had a demon cousin, I think)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Lego3400

Seeing her side by side with Lorenda like that I see they look quite similar. Both have white fur, pink hair, black hooves, black horns, that same tuft of fur on their wrists, purple eyes and same color wings. Also, why do I feel some sort of Cinderella thing going on with Regina as Cinderella and Lorenda as one of the step sisters <.<;.

Also Lorenda is being very hypocritical in the next to last panel.

Caswin

Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

superluser

TheDXM

Kasarn

Quote from: Lego3400 on January 11, 2009, 11:10:00 PM
Seeing her side by side with Lorenda like that I see they look quite similar. Both have white fur, pink hair, black hooves, black horns, that same tuft of fur on their wrists, purple eyes and same color wings. Also, why do I feel some sort of Cinderella thing going on with Regina as Cinderella and Lorenda as one of the step sisters <.<;.

Also Lorenda is being very hypocritical in the next to last panel.

As the clock neared twelve, Regina ran out of the ball, pursued by her love, the Prince. As she fled, she stumbled and her glass slipper fell off her foot and onto the grand stairway.

The Prince, not able to catch her because he's a complete ponce, sighed and kneeled down to gently pick up the shoe.

Regina, however, had doubled back and, seeing her convoluted plan come to fruition, snuck up behind the Prince and clonked him over the head before swiftly hogtying the naive male so he could be taken to her harem. She then went back into the ball and slaughtered everybody.

!KCA

Quote from: superluser on January 11, 2009, 11:05:08 PM
Maybe I'm doing my usual lousy job of skimming, but if Regina is a second cousin, wouldn't that make her DP's SO's niece?

(Granted, there are a lot of other possibilities, but this would be the most conservative.  Next most conservative would be that Lorenda's father had a demon cousin, I think)

Demons live a long time. Kria's and Al's parents had two kids. Why not more?

superluser

Quote from: !KCA on January 11, 2009, 11:50:43 PMDemons live a long time. Kria's and Al's parents had two kids. Why not more?

That's indeed a possibility, but it requires an unknown sibling of Kria.  It would seem to require less speculation to assume that the sibling in question is Aliph.

Darkdragon

Assuming demons follow their father's surname and acknowledging the fact that Regina's given surname is Darkblood and not Soulstealer, it would be logical to deduce there exists another female Soulstealer who wed a demon Darkblood.

senrath

You know, I've never actually heard the term "second-aunt" before.  Based on the fact that Kria is listed as a second-aunt, with Lorenda being a second cousin, I'm assuming it is the same as a first cousin, once removed.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Ganurath

I was choking on partially chewed SweaTarts from surprise, which is extraordinarily painful. The visual more than made up for it.

...Regina should have won the contest!
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Ghostwish

I need to know..

How in the world a character who was nothing more than a 1 panel appearance and an empty profile manage to build up a fanbase?

With that kind of logic, I'm putting a grape popsicle stick up for president.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Ghostwish on January 12, 2009, 01:19:06 AM
I need to know..

How in the world a character who was nothing more than a 1 panel appearance and an empty profile manage to build up a fanbase?

With that kind of logic, I'm putting a grape popsicle stick up for president.

A mysteriously 'cute' and possibly definable as attractive female demon draws male (and female) fanbase on looks first, then the curiousity everyone has about her.

And the wallpaper war just excaberated it when she lost to spots. That really got everyone in a lather over her because 'they' think she's more interesting than Abel.

I dunno, I don't get it either. </theories>

But most likely the first line. :P
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Lorien

I feel rather stupid now... for some unknown reason I thought she was a cubi for the longest time.
...I wasn't expecting her first non-flashback appearance to be in a maid uniform.

Slowtini

This ALMOST made me do a spit take all over my shiny laptop.

Which would have been REALLY BAD.

Especially since I was drinking milk.

superluser

Quote from: Ghostwish on January 12, 2009, 01:19:06 AMHow in the world a character who was nothing more than a 1 panel appearance and an empty profile manage to build up a fanbase?

Ever see Waiting for Godot?

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Sunny on January 11, 2009, 07:42:11 PM
Actually, if you read her quirks, " Despite having the ability to regrow it fully, Regina keeps her left wing of bone because she thinks it looks cool."

That's why it's boney!  :P

I'm wondering though, if it's just because she thinks it looks cool, why not both wings? It may be a result of her almost killing Wildy, whether Dan was involved or not. As for choosing to not regrow it, I'd say that's at least close to a shapeshifting ability.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Claude Debussy - Sarabande (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 11, 2009, 06:57:14 PM
Here's hoping for Dan taking the wrong way out of the house.
You do realise he'll probably just say "Fi, take us home" or something...

Now, I wonder whether the blood in 388 is Wildy's?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

I'm going to get shot for this, but oh well.

So in this comic I spot four...preferences.

Demon.
Furry.
Maid.
Dominant.

No wonder Regina has such a fanbase.  :P

Feather Dancer

Well as yet he's hardly paid attention to Fi's abilities.

Though whoo Regina, I've always liked her look (Though I admit goat sprang to mind than Gazelle but looking at her again it's clearly a braindead moment on my half) so it's great to see her finally in more than cameo. Though I wonder if that blood on her from the flashback is from her attacking Wildy...
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Feather Dancer on January 12, 2009, 07:44:59 AM
Well as yet he's hardly paid attention to Fi's abilities.
Depends.  I imagine something like "come on, Fi... we're leaving" would do the trick, whether or not Dan was expecting Fi to do the honours.  Though that does depend on how lazy Fi is and whether it would play on its master's ignorance to get out of doing something useful.

King Of Hearts

first D Pegasus, now Regina... I really shouldve seen that coming.

--getting some serious cinderella vibes on her for now, let's see where it goes.

Howl

Nearly killing Wildy? This, I would love to see.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Minishear on January 12, 2009, 08:41:19 AM
Nearly killing Wildy? This, I would love to see.
If - as seems likely - it was Dan who interceded, Wildy seems to have shown a singular lack of gratitude...

Ghostwish

Quote from: superluser on January 12, 2009, 03:22:49 AM
Quote from: Ghostwish on January 12, 2009, 01:19:06 AMHow in the world a character who was nothing more than a 1 panel appearance and an empty profile manage to build up a fanbase?
Ever see Waiting for Godot?

Negative.. Mind extrapolating?