Forum Game: How Would You React?

Started by Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats, December 23, 2008, 01:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyranastrasz

I would have the same reaction as the stick man in this comic.

How would you react if the above comic were true?

Darkdragon

Shoot myself in the foot for not impulsively saving each and every funny picture to my hard drive. (I save impressive digital artwork and the occasional funny picture)

How would you react if life imitated xkcd more often?

Arcblade

I would run out and get one of those machines that blows out speakers.  (cackles)
http://xkcd.com/368/

How would you react if you could meet Randall Munroe? 

Darkdragon

Judging from his recorded presentation in Google a few years ago, he seems like the kind of person I would probably get along with. Oh, and get his autograph while I'm at it.

How would you react if you could meet Amber Williams?

Angel

Hmmmmmmm.... I'd probably fuss a lot over how to act so I wouldn't come off as the rather unnerving spaz I can be if I'm too excited, I might want to show her some of my work (though I'd be incredibly nervous about doing that, more nervous than meeting her), I'd want to practice drawing my characters since I haven't drawn a few of them in a while and my style has improved a bit since I first drew them, and of course, there's the matter of looking presentable while still looking casual and comfortable.

It would be totally worth the stress, though.

How would you react if you could meet Jesus Christ in person (alive) before you died?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Stygian

Apart from the obvious stuff, I'd open by saying something along the lines of 'You really should learn to associate with better people...'. Then I'd ask him for Satan's phone number.

How would you react if you ended up in a situation where you'd have to choose between losing one limb and another, say a train or car accident, and between a hand or a calf, and you only had two clear seconds to decide?

Arcblade

Honestly?  I'd probably freeze up.  I don't think that fast.  So I'd probably lose whichever one was defaulted.  Summarily, I'd be pissed about it. 

What would you do if I ate your mode of transit? 

Angel

I would scream, "OH MY GOD YOU PSYCHO WHY THE HELL ARE YOU EATING MY FEET?!! HEEELLLLLPPP!!!"

How would you react if you heard a noise in the night and came downstairs to find a burglar sitting at your computer table, leveling up in World of Warcraft?
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Arcblade

First, I'd wonder how the burglar got WoW on my computer.  Then I'd sneak away and call Campus Safety while he was still distracted. 

How would you react if the poles suddenly shifted?

Lisky

i'd be mildly concerned as to why my car was telling me that i was heading south, on northbound hagadorn when i left for class tomorrow...

how would you react if you woke up with a member of the opposite sex's arm around your shoulder, lying in your bed, and furthermore, your not really sure who they are?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Stygian

The same way I always do; with jaded indifference and pickpocket fingers quick to check any sort of identification.

How would you react if you were called in as a witness against a family member in an ongoing criminal investigation, and you had knowledge of evidence against said family member?

Corgatha Taldorthar

With two exceptions, I'd give it. I don't really get along with my folks all that well, certainly not enough to lie to the police for them.

What would you do with a drunken sailor early in the morning?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tyranastrasz

Throw him out of whatever building I happened to be in, preferably from the second or third story.

How would you react if you could meet Christian Bale in real life?

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Probably pass him by, as I've not a clue as to who that is.

How would you react if suddenly! Everyone was a fox?
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

Lisky

... start to question what a fox finds attractive... and probably get into several brawls over alpha-male dominance, since i'm living within 10 miles of at least 20,000 other young males and 20,000 young females as well

how would you react if you were given the choice between a cookie, a medal, or a small parade?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Darkdragon

Depends on what for. The medal probably, unless its something shameful on my part, then the cookie.

How would you react if you met yourself from the future?

Arcblade

First impulse would be to ask a lot of questions.  Upon further thought, getting the answers would probably be a bad idea.  So I'd probably end up asking two before I realized that, and then seeing what my future self had to say.  I'd probably size myself up, too, to see what I look like and try to guess the why of it.

Do you ever wish you could tell your past self things? 

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Arcblade on February 05, 2009, 11:47:57 PM
First impulse would be to ask a lot of questions.  Upon further thought, getting the answers would probably be a bad idea.  So I'd probably end up asking two before I realized that, and then seeing what my future self had to say.  I'd probably size myself up, too, to see what I look like and try to guess the why of it.

Do you ever wish you could tell your past self things? 

That is hardly a How Would You React question. I will go ahead and answer it anyway, though.

Yes.

Now I'll answer a previous question that is actually following the guidelines of this thread.

Quote from: Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats on February 05, 2009, 09:56:45 PM
How would you react if suddenly! Everyone was a fox?

Great minds think alike! I would rejoice that everyone else was also a fox. However, this scenario would suck for me, as I am already a Fox (in name) and would therefore, with my luck, receive no change due to a technicality.

How would you react if you met yourself from the past

Raffe

Buy youtube/google stock, after a tackle.

How would you react if everything you touched turned to peanuts(Midas touch, but peanuts)?
Hooray ellipsis!

Lisky

... poke the hell out of everyone i hate... then devour them... once done, i'd probably question if it was cannibalism... delicious cannibalism...

how would you react if someone ran up behind you, beat you over the head with an aluminum bat and shouted "BONK!"?

Angel

Depending on who it was, I would either yell at them while simultaneously wanting to laugh, actually laugh, or tackle them and yell for the policeso they don't try that on another unsuspecting person they hope to make a YouTube mockery out of.

How would you react if you were living inside your favorite childhood TV show?
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Beever

I would evidently be really excited , having my own space in a TV show, feeling like a star,presenting myself in a different light as well as gathering a lot of experience and fulfilling a childhood dream :)

How would you react if your girlfriend told you that she will definitely not put up with a pet dog you really wish to take into the house, because of the way it smelled?

Lisky

... find a new girlfriend who likes dogs... or just start going out with my neighbor that loves my dog to the point of borrowing him for security to her night classes... furthermore i'd be questioning why she's complaining since i gave him a bath a week ago...

How would you react if a total stranger walked up to you and, mid introduction said "hey, i'm a OH Wow, you've got really pretty eyes"

Arcblade

I'd probably be mildly freaked, keep an impassive face, and thank them.  I'd probably then leave quickly unless they proceeded to be a lot more calming. 

@Tyranastrasz:  You're completely right, and I'm sorry I forgot.  But seriously: harsh, man.  I wasn't trying to break the rules, I just screwed up. 

How would you react if you suddenly developed tinnitus, only you kept hearing the ocean instead of a tone or buzzing?

Brunhidden

i would break out my Hawaiian shirts and short pants, perhaps explore the realms of drinks with umbrellas in them

How would you react if your skin started to turn a strange shade of light blue?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Either start a cult and see if I could hire Deadpool, or start walking through walls...

How would you react if you woke up one morning to discover you'd lost both legs. Not removed, just... misplaced...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcblade

Getting off my bed would be a bit of a challenge.  So I'd probably develop a few bruises while I searched around my room for my legs, and maybe my phone.  Then I'd call people trying to locate my legs. 

What would you do if it started raining cats and dogs, literally?

Lisky

Start wearing a gas mask with an extremely high grain filter, and buy a hell of a lot of disinfectant... probably move too, i dunno how long it'll take before clean up crews arrived

How would you react if several oompa loompas moved into your room and made you their clan leader?

Beever

I will growl with excitement and appreciation in an instant and give them interesting assignments to fulfill for their new master,who promises to give them a generous treat at the end !  :D  :)

How would you react  when you open your eyes and suddenly realize, that you have literally stepped into a white cloud high above the ground? What would be your first feeling?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Panic and freefall.

This would likely be the last feeling, as well.

How would you react if you found your personal gravity was reversed?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears