Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

He's a necrophiliaaaaac...! *A horrid voice speaks from the shadows, and two eyes of black with venomously green irises glow at you from the darkest of them*

Gareeku

*pokes them with a stick* yup, still squishy. :3

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gareeku

Stygian

*A huge maw forms from the darkness and crunches the stick, then slides back in*

Not this time, Manoko! We learn... *Stygian slides and forms from out of Gareeku's shadow and up behind him, the false eyes in the dark fading*

Tapewolf

The other thing is that I've been posting an awful lot during the battle, so like in the tavern, I'm taking Jakob out of the picture for a bit for the others to catch up.

If the others have a "where's Jakob?" moment, bear in mind that Gabi is the one who'd have the best idea of Jakob was going through emotionally before Leona commit suicide.  It shouldn't be too hard for them - Gareeku especially - to realise that he's come to the end of his tether ('cubi being highly emotional creatures, after all).

I'm assuming that the next 'event' will be the approach to the temple, in which case that's probably where Jakob is going to be found.

**EDIT**
..having said that, he might simply wander back into the camp when he's sure the fighting is over.  It depends what happens next in the RP, in particular what Arc does.

Arcalane

Hilary

I'm going to assume that Anzimani's sword was still in the body when Jakob took it.

RJ

The only time I go to work all week, and suddenly BOOM, ACTION!

Lol... I missed out.

Tapewolf

Quote from: RJ on January 12, 2007, 01:32:57 AM
The only time I go to work all week, and suddenly BOOM, ACTION!
Lol... I missed out.

Gareeku said there were lots of bandits, and Jakob has left because he can't cope (and to let you people have a go) rather than because the battle is over.

Quote from: Hilary on January 11, 2007, 09:42:21 PM
I'm going to assume that Anzimani's sword was still in the body when Jakob took it.
Oops.  Well in that case, Jakob is going to have to turn up to return it...

Gabi

Please excuse the delay, but I still have to work. I'll try to post later this afternoon.

[Edit: or not... It seems I didn't have the chance after all. For coherence sake, can we say that I got to stun one thief after Jakob called for me and before Leona killed herself? I'm sorry I was so busy, my boss has been making me stay at the office longer than usual.]
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Gareeku

That's fine, hon. I'm actually gonna halt posting until you guys make posts of your own. It's only fair. :3

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

RJ

Tapewolf

Tapewolf

I'm not sure whether Alexei's lines are inner-voice or a direct question to Jakob, but I've worded it ambiguously to be sure.

Note the Demon/Cubi attitude here.. Fa'Lina is proud of what Jakob did, even if he isn't - they're only Beings, after all and she probably regards Jakob's attachment to them as somewhat eccentric.  Where Alexei's opinions on this matter fall will depend how he was brought up to view Beings himself.

Arcalane

It's always speech if it's inside quotation marks and italics whenever I'm involved. :P

Thoughts are bracketed either square or standard.

Example;

Quote[Stupid kids are gonna get 'emselves killed.]

That's a thought.

This, however, is speech;

Quote"They chose the wrong person to try and ambush."

Bold and underline are used for emphasis when necessary.

Tapewolf

I'm not sure I'm up to writing a long dialogue with Jonathan so I'll probably bring Jakob back into the fold next turn and summarise.

Tapewolf

Uh, Gareeku, in my post I meant "Gareeku looked at Jakob with distaste"... Jakob actually looks pretty upset :3

Gareeku

Oooohhhh...i'll fix that XD

EDIT: ok done.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on January 15, 2007, 06:17:41 PM
Listening to Jakob explain his true identity to the others, Gareeku could not help but smirk slightly.
For somone who wishes to rid himself of his past, he sure seems to be talking about it a whole lot...

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the others have just killed more people in one sitting than he has in three hundred years?  >:3

Anyway, better they hear it from him than from someone else...

Gareeku

Hehehehe...could be something to do with it... >:3

Tapewolf

About the burials, I had a thought the other day.  Li can do it:  if she teleports the mud away you'll have a nice big hole to put the corpses in.

The only problem with that is that the earth will deform when it lands.. it will probably have to be shoveled back on in a more conventional way.  A wholly insane solution to this would be for Li to teleport the earth ten thousand feet in the air.  That should give you a few minutes to put the corpses in before it lands... and if the person laying the corpses to rest doesn't get out of the way, well, at least you won't have to dig another grave for them.
[I had this idea around 3am a couple of days ago.. can you tell?]

RJ

Blaze does have a little experience in earth magic too, if you wanted to know. He could probably shift it, like parting it... probably better to compare it to opening and closing curtains. But it'd be easier putting it back where it was than taking it out in the first place.

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 15, 2007, 06:35:36 PM
About the burials, I had a thought the other day.  Li can do it:  if she teleports the mud away you'll have a nice big hole to put the corpses in.

The only problem with that is that the earth will deform when it lands.. it will probably have to be shoveled back on in a more conventional way.  A wholly insane solution to this would be for Li to teleport the earth ten thousand feet in the air.  That should give you a few minutes to put the corpses in before it lands... and if the person laying the corpses to rest doesn't get out of the way, well, at least you won't have to dig another grave for them.
[I had this idea around 3am a couple of days ago.. can you tell?]

There's also the problem of the earth clod disintegrating in flight and spreading itself over a large radius. ;)

Tapewolf

I've just pulled Jakob's "It's a funny thing" comment as seemed out of place - IMHO it is more suitable for when they're actually doing the burials.

Gareeku

Heh, looks like Jakob and Gareeku aren't getting along well X3 though Jakob's choice to brand Gareeku as a "soul-eater" seems a bit off, as Gareeku hates the fact he can do that. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on January 21, 2007, 02:44:16 PM
Heh, looks like Jakob and Gareeku aren't getting along well X3 though Jakob's choice to brand Gareeku as a "soul-eater" seems a bit off, as Gareeku hates the fact he can do that. :P

Yeah, well Gareeku's accusation that he wanted Leona to die hurt pretty bad.  Fact is, Gareeku has eaten people's souls, and while Jakob has drained one or two of his worst enemies, he's never destroyed anyone completely, and the chances are he never will.

I came very close to him saying the soul-stealer thing aloud, but they'd probably get into a fight and I'm not sure we could recover from that situation. 

The other thing is that nearly everyone Jakob has killed was a matter of defending himself or others - he was the patron of the city, remember, and that means he's ultimately responsible for the safety of everyone within it.

Gareeku

Aahh i see. Well Gareeku's in a bit of a bad mood right now, so he's gonna lash out at people. X3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on January 21, 2007, 03:47:58 PM
Aahh i see. Well Gareeku's in a bit of a bad mood right now, so he's gonna lash out at people. X3

I've just extended Jakob's inner monologue to that end.