Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareeku

There's no need to drop out over something that isn't really that big of a problem. :P

Tapewolf

Gareeku, you're the boss, but I must say I rather agree with Paladin here - pretty much any mundane armour is going to be decorative rather than useful to any degree.

On the other hand, if you're going to default to non-magical armour, kevlar would probably do in a pinch.  It wouldn't protect him against another 'cubi, but it should cover the scene as described.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gareeku

That's a good point.

Tell me what, I'm going to let Paladin have his armour. Just include it into your profile. Sheridan is allowed to have an assault rifle and stuff, so i think its only fair that there should be some sort of defense against it.

RJ

:) Good decision. The world needs balance.

Paladin Sheppard

RJ

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on August 07, 2006, 03:15:44 AMSnarling he aimed a tentacle at the rifle to wrench it up and to the side.

We need closure on this...

Gareeku

Sheridan will respond to that. Paladin can't just knock the gun out of his hands, as that would be considering auto-hitting.

Paladin: Even though I have let you keep the enchanted armour, you won't be able to just shrug attacks off like bullets from an assault rifle. Even though the bullets won't be able to cause serious injury (on your torso area, anyways), I want some sort of effect, and not just "the bullets bounced off of him and he kep going like he was 100% fit".

Paladin Sheppard

Edited. The rounds staggered him slightly...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on August 07, 2006, 10:24:11 AM
Edited. The rounds staggered him slightly...
Suggestion: I imagine he's also going to have one heck of a bruise afterwards, possibly also cuts from where the impact pushed the armour into his flesh.
All this would most likely manifest itself after the rush, like Gareeku discovering that his arm is broken after making it back into the tavern.

Supercheese

Grrr, forgot to post earlier. Now I missed a large portion of the action. $%!&*...

Arcalane

"Поймите?" = "Understand?"

I was going to go for "Comprende?", but... Russian sounded a bit more exotic. ;)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sheridan on August 07, 2006, 03:38:20 PM
"Поймите?" = "Understand?"

I was going to go for "Comprende?", but... Russian sounded a bit more exotic. ;)

What's the other one mean?  Don't forget, the mods don't even like German and that's easy.  Russian is going to totally freak them out :twisted

It looks like Arc is going to be a real nuisance.  Even when we manage to subdue him, I can easily see him escaping and causing yet more mischief further down the line for a long time to come.

Jakob: Right.  Now you know everything there is to know about Johan Cross!  Here's a cookie.  Will you leave us alone now?

Arcalane

That's just "Again...?"

I figure as most of it is just mild expressions rather than fullblown conversations in another language (which would be suicide using Babelfish! :U ) it shouldn't be pushing it too much.

I mean, 's not like I'm flaming the admins of the site and calling it things you wouldn't even repeat in front of your mother.  ;)

topher chee

Gareeku

I'm not accepting any more characters now. Sorry dude.

bill

Gareeku

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on August 07, 2006, 07:05:26 PM
I'm not accepting any more characters now. Sorry dude.

Does that mean it should be marked 'closed'?  (I assumed this meant an RP had ended at first, but there are several ongoing 'closed' ones, so I guess it means they're closed to new entrants.)

topher chee

i agree with ze tapewolf

geez, your name reminds me of tape worm for some reasin, lol

Gareeku

Ah, i didn't realise that. I'll get that fixed.

Topher, if a space appears later on in the rp, i'll see if i can get you a spot. :)

topher chee

ok then, thanks Gareeku, btw do you think you can message me if that does happen, that way i wont ave to be checking it constantly

Gareeku

Yeah sure, man. Thanks for being so understanding.

topher chee

Nikki

Xze has bad news :mowsad

Xze's school is starting next tuesday which means no more Computer until my first report card and it HAS to have no 'F's or 'D's....

during that time, would anyone like to play my character if i explain her enough? or...should i drop out? :mowsad

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

James StarRunner

Closed eh? Hmm... Since I said I would join down the road can I still join when I'm able? When I am though, I'll probably be more of a background character anyways and likely won't be travelling with the party.

Tapewolf

N.B.  Jakob considered morphing into a feline, but the body language would have been wrong and Arc would have noticed it.  Jakob is hoping that Arc, in his solitary profession, hasn't been close enough to a raccoon to be able to spot this.  Of course Jakob isn't going to be able to keep up the disguise forever anyway.

**EDIT**
Jakob's rant was brought to you courtesy of Tom Baker in 'The Armageddon Factor' and 'The Pirate Planet'.  He was good at that kind of thing.

Arcalane

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sheridan on August 08, 2006, 03:15:21 PM
This Tom Baker?

Yep, that's the one.  Due credit to the scriptwriters of course, but the two performances that sprung to mind when I was writing that were the argument with the Marshal "..you accuse us of crimes we haven't committed, you try to have us shot and after a long journey I think that's a bit much! K9, LIGHTS!!!"

..and the other good one is his reaction to being shown the Captain's gallery of compressed planets.  "..and you ask me to appreciate the murder of.. PLANETS!"
(Apparently Douglas Adams wrote that episode)

**EDIT**

In case anyone is curious about the 'wild mushroom' reference, that's from Jakob's first outing, a spoof wildlife documentary I wrote when the idea of Jakob first came to me: 
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/stuff/story1.txt

Hilary

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 08, 2006, 03:56:03 PM
Quote from: Sheridan on August 08, 2006, 03:15:21 PM
This Tom Baker?
In case anyone is curious about the 'wild mushroom' reference, that's from Jakob's first outing, a spoof wildlife documentary I wrote when the idea of Jakob first came to me: 

Heh, I knew that rang a bell.

Gareeku

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 07, 2006, 11:33:30 PM
Xze has bad news :mowsad

Xze's school is starting next tuesday which means no more Computer until my first report card and it HAS to have no 'F's or 'D's....

during that time, would anyone like to play my character if i explain her enough? or...should i drop out? :mowsad

I would, but i'm busy enough in life as it is. I'm sure someone will fill in for you. If not, then i'll take control of her.

Quote from: James StarRunner on August 08, 2006, 01:21:58 AM
Closed eh? Hmm... Since I said I would join down the road can I still join when I'm able? When I am though, I'll probably be more of a background character anyways and likely won't be travelling with the party.

Yeah sure. That shouldn't be a problem.