Character Lounge

Started by Kio, July 10, 2006, 11:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Karl's rush went unexpectedly well at first. Some bullets reached his armor, and those that did not bounce only seemed to make shallow wounds and scrapes. Dashing forth, he then raised his sword to cleave through the shields they had set up, since they followed his movements and he couldn't get around them. And that's where things went wrong. His empowered sword embedded itself in one of the shields for a second. Then, something must have created some sort of resonance or chain reaction, because the whole ordeal exploded.
   Metal scraps were embedded in what was left of the walls of the attic. The roof was torn apart, and the floor was burnt and torn asunder, great holes through it showing the underlying rooms and what boards and structure was left creaking and cracking from the strain of weight upon it. The silver droid had gone through completely and fallen over as it did, and a second barrage from its now misdirected cannon tore the floor away under the Diablos ex Machina and Karl, who both had been thrown against the scraps of the southern wall with the blast.
   Everywhere, bodies lay. Some were stirring, others were not. The four-winged thing was sinking downward, all wings spread once again, and seemingly unharmed but for its clothing being torn. The forearm that had previously been cut off by Aisha had flown up and hit her in the face, and now lay in a red pool beside her. It too seemed to be healing all on its own, though how was a mystery. And in the midst of all the destruction was the dimensional gateway that had let all this through, hovering just above where the attic floor had been, open and as dark as night.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha was winded.  The onslaught of creatures were like an invincible army that never really seemed to die.  Blood coated the walls in dark mottled spots like a morbid kind of wallpaper with clouds of dust and cobwebs.  The girl was surprised that one of the walls hadn't blown inward.

But as soon as she had thought of the word "blown", something in her mind said, duck.  NOW.

Not one to question her instincts, Aisha instantly flew down to her knees as the shield where Karl was exploded in a flying array of metallic silver debris.  The wind from it was cutting at her skin, the very air a confusing mix of surprised screams and painful wails.  She daren't open her eyes until the wind had died down.  Bringing an arm with shredded fabric and sliced skin away from shielding her eyes, Aisha saw the damage and cringed.  Feeling something damp near her trousers, crimson eyes stole a glance at the angel's bloody forearm, which caused an involuntary shudder.

As if Stygian still had her eyes, something in the back of her mind thought of the creature's need...and with an almost sickening lurch, Aisha thought, That'll do.  With sore limbs, the panther reached for the arm.  The stairs however were quite a sprint away...

Plus, there were her fighting companions.  Gareeku...Karl...she couldn't leave the injured.

Better to save all of us than to take a hard chance at saving a few...mis amigos, forgive me.

The panther sheathed her weapons, gathered what strength she had left in her legs and sprinted toward the stairway.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

KarlOmega1

*karl looked down and saw the blade of his katana was broken*

Karl: Dangit! I would have to de-morph in order for the self-repair to work...wait a sec, the blade of the Celestial sword that goes with my Emerald armor is made of Adamantium...therefore it's indestructable, though I cant say the same for the armor (the armor is tough, but not as tough as Adamantium).

*Karl then summoned a device on his right arm*

Karl: Here we go! Emerald Armor ACTIVATE!

*Just then, Karl Transformed into his Emerald Armor, Complete with Celestial Sword...and Jet Boots*
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Stygian

"Seize the Tainted one! The others can wait." The four wing roared furiously, and something like a huge invisible fist closed around Karl, aiming to crush him in its grasp. The commanding angel-woman hovered against him in the air with wings spread out fully, red lightning crackling at their tips and some sort of liquid mercury-like metal swirling around them. "Permissum non inficio unus subterlabor!" At those last words, a hail of bullets tore into the wall behind Aisha as she ran.

Gareeku

Ready to attack, Gareeku watched as the "angels" moved forward again. He had suffered many injuries from the recent battles, and so was no able to fight a well as he might have liked. Then again, Gareeku was stubborn as hell, so there was no way he'd not fight, especially when his friends were in danger.
"Yahhh!" Gareeku cried out, dashing forward and tackling the four wing. The wolf could feel the darkness within him beginning to stir and swell, but Gareeku did care anymore. He wanted the battle to end, and if that meant embracing the darkness within him...then so be it...

Aisha deCabre

Aisha's feet were flying.  She clutched the arm, anchored tightly in her claws while projectiles flew at her back; the only thing she could do to protect herself from them was to pull the hood of her cloak over the back of her head.  She heard the ricochets as they missed her by mere inches, and still she kept moving like the hounds of Hell were biting at her heels.

Against all odds she had made it to the stairway, while other angels and bullets pursued her endlessly like something out of a nightmare.  She ducked while holes were torn through her cape as she flew down the steps, taking them two-by-two and three-by-three.

As soon as she had reached the floor though, a sharp pain jolted up her leg.  She tripped on the last step, the arm flying out of her hand and landing a few feet away.  She clutched her bleeding leg.  No!  Dammit, not now!

The door was close by...just a little further.  She bade herself to stand up and limp to where the arm lay and grabbed it, and she hobbled as quickly as she could for the door.  Her hand was on the handle when she heard something on the stairs behind her.

"Anyone wanna let me in?" she roared.  "Special delivery here!"
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

(ooc are you at the medbay?)
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aisha deCabre

((Yeah.  It's the only other room in the house we all know there's people, isn't there?  :mowtongue ))
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

e's here's the plea for assistance and  rushes to the door opening it. one hand is missing as is has been with drawn to allow his cannon to fire. e gasp as he sees the condition of the feline ? "Aisah!" with out a second though her  reaches forward and help her into the med bay. E has his remote mines read to fire is the approaching footsteps are those of the enemy.  with some more gentleness then he wars originally designed for E helps Asiah onto a be near the others then returns to guard the door.. "Mel Asiah could use some help"
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel pushes Aisha down firmly, suspecting the girl wouldn't want to stay put. Which button had the Admiral pointed at? She thought the yellow one was to heal everything. Equipment appeared over her, pinning the feline to the bed. It whizzed and clicked and flashed lights. Aisha started to protest but Mel shushed her, "Falling on your face will help no one. This time is not wasted if it makes you stronger. Now tell us what is going on up there and why you brought us that lovely souvenir."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Aisha deCabre

Annoyed at suddenly having been treated more like a captive rather than a patient, Aisha twisted her head and gave an exasperated growl towards Mel.  "A portal has opened up upstairs, admitting a fleet of these strange..." Aisha tried to describe them, but most likely would have been scoffed at the fact that they looked like angels.  "...Winged machines.  Horribly strong.  The others are up there fighting it."

The girl referred to the arm she was carrying.  "This is a piece of one of them, still fresh and bleeding.  Stygian told me he needed it."

In order to prevent being marked as a traitor, Aisha quickly added, "He's the only one who seems to know how to stop this.  It's either him or them.  And as much as I hate to admit, he seems the lesser of evils."

An ironic smirk covered her face.  "Now, if you don't mind, kindly remove this bullet from my leg and let me go."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

e hearing this nods and returns  to Aisha's side. "if you give it to me i can give it to the one you call Stygain. it is like a special weapon or a energy recover capsule correct? i have experiences with such thing and maybe able to help." (you you played rock and forte "mega man bass us" then you are likely aware of the super recover ability)

Mel Dragonkitty

"So impatient to get herself hurt again," muttered the white dragon as she watched the meters slowly change from injured red to healthy green. "You are almost done, stubborn child. Hopefully the ones upstairs are having more success now that we have passed on the information about the radiation stuff." She paused to check progress. "The Admiral's healing machines are very fast. Do you have magic? Cold and electricity will slow the machines down if you have them."

The machine released the unhappy feline and they both turned to where e was with the bodies and the limb.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Stygian

((Scheisse, are you bothersome or what?! Just give me the damn arm already!))

A low whisper trailed across the thoughts of all present, not an actual voice or sound but something like the thoughts that are invoked by one;
   "...there is no time give it to us now now now they are coming oh hell is opening and the portal is still there to see them I see I see I see them clearly..."

Gareeku

Having tackled the "angel" to the floor, Gareeku began pummelling her with punches to the face, the darkness continuing to swell within him. As he attacked, his eyes began to change colour; his whites becoming red, while his irises began yellow and his pupils morphing in slit shapes...

Aisha deCabre

The voice crept along Aisha's mind as she rose from the bed, finally healed over though feeling the after-affects of the battle.  Stygian's consciousness was pushy and quick, eager and wanting.  The black jaguaress felt almost the same way, only because she wanted the whole thing to end.

Who was it that picked THIS house to have a party in anway?

She picked the arm up and, with a sigh and defeated nod, gave it to E.  "Give it to him quick, if you know where he is.  I think things are at their limit."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

KarlOmega1

*Karl felt almost like his lif ewas about to end when suddenly, he had a vison...it was actually a burst of images going through his mind but he learned what they meant*

Karl's mind: Aha! another Ancient Mobian technique...and a rather high-powered, destructive one as well...

*Karl then began to glow red...*

Karl: he we go...CHAO EXPLODAE!!!

*Karl unleashed a destructive shockwave that blew what was holding him to bits...then started to slash at any enemy near him with his sword*
I'm a Skype User.

e_voyager

"Yes ma'am i've keep him in my sensors for a while now." e shrugs as he has infused the arm with his super recover ability he then heads to  Stygian. he  side steps the puddles that he originally took to be Stygian and instead zooms In on the entities energy signature that is currently coming from within the girl's body.
I've fought wars in hell before says E's second voice. "just use this to recover. i can fight an army by myself for a while and in this narrow spas the are now going to be able to get past me. you mean us right? "fine us it is lets just get ready to hurt them. and it radiation is a weakness then my F-Buster should be like shooting them with near instant  death" you rely to heavily on you body's techs. they still have souls and mournblade could feat on them.

suddenly the wolf barks and he turns to the door as he is growling. "i think they may be here" says e leaving the entity to back up his support unite.

edited to perception error

Boog

Oh gravity you whore! Boogey cried mentally as the floor was shot from under him. Almost going through the next floor down, he did a quick inventory.
Another sensor pod down, and same for the repeater; the arm's completely off. Got a smaller repeater next to the cannon, but it's got less ammo. Not using the cannon down here though. Utilizing the feedback from the scout nanobots, the Diablos Ex Machina pinpointed the location of the commanding angel on the floor above him and turned the turret with the other repeater on it to track the creature.
C'mon Gareeku, just move over a little bit...

KarlOmega1

*Just then, another portal opened up in the attic...and two figures stepped out...one was a Hedgehog/Klingon crossbreed...the other was a Maximal with an Arctic Wolf alt mode*

Karl: Ian! Artemis Magnus!

*the Crossbreed known as Ian then spoke*

Ian: Sorry we're late, Admiral! Lilith just called us about the problem!

Karl: yahyah...Just henshin and move it!

Ian/Artemis: Got it!...TO ARMS!

*both transform into their power suits*

Ian: Emerald Ronin, Blue!

Artemis: Emerald Ronin, Ice blue!

I'm a Skype User.

Gareeku

((OOC: Ugh...no offense dude, but i can't take this seriously with those guys there. Its like a bad episode of power rangers all over again. Sorry if i sound like an asshole, but that's how i feel.))

KarlOmega1

(OOC: I'm gonna take a break from this thread for a few moments...I suddenly have a case of broken heart, mixed with hurt emotions)

Edit>OOC: I'm ok now...
I'm a Skype User.

topher chee

OOC:  Well, I sure have missed a lot, mind if I join in?

Stygian

Quote from: topher chee on November 07, 2006, 05:03:21 PM
OOC:  Well, I sure have missed a lot, mind if I join in?

((OOC: Absolutely not. We need help! In more ways than one...

Just... no over-sillyness. Okay?))

e_voyager

E stands they the door extending his scan. as he  speaks to gospel "be ready boy. i want you you hold you fire unit i attack them then give it you all you've got. Gospel nods his mouth starting  to glow. "Mel has there been any change in the others?"

E also wonders about Aisha. he knows that he is ready to fight again and weather her body is ready or not. it is some thing that he picks up with out his scanner. it was something that they had in common as well. what makes them so determined? what do they have to prove? are the out to prove there strength like i was when i shared forte's programs and his body as well? did i lose something when i took a spare and left them all behind? only time could tell ask he wondered if this was ever going to end.

Mel Dragonkitty

"Depends on which others you mean. Something seems to be happening over there on the floor, but I can't define what. Upstairs... I don't think it is going well."

KarlOmega1

Ian: Stormwave!

*Ian sends a strong gust of wind, pushing some of the enemy back*

Artemis: Frost Fang!

*Artemis takes his katana and sends a wave of cold energy into the enemy, freezing a few of them*

Karl/Ian/Artemis: Dangit! There's no end to these things!

Karl: Jinx, you guys owe me some Emerald brand Cola!
I'm a Skype User.

topher chee

*With a cross look of both excitement and surprise, Topher ducks behind out of E's range.*
Don't Shoot me!

e_voyager

both e and gospel hold their fire. this person was not attacked and had spoken. "what is your function? friend or foe?" e asks his buster still leveled at the hallway

topher chee

*Caulks his head to its side and scratches*
Well.....as of now I am neutral, for I have n obligation to either hurt you or be hurt by you.  My main priority as of now is to befriend those who wish to be befreinded and leave the rest to themselves.