Character Lounge

Started by Kio, July 10, 2006, 11:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

e blinks huh? that sounded like a platform to him. " Mel, Asiah  we have a new organic outside the door. would you like to verify his intentions?" better worse E would trust him first..
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aisha deCabre

Aisha blinked in response, having been jarred from watching to see what Stygian would do now that he's had the arm.  While waiting, the black jaguar looked up and noticed the newcomer.

She stood up and came next to E, tilting her head.  "Greetin's.  I don't suppose you've been in the house before?  Better be careful...there's a huge battle going on and I've no idea how many people are left."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

((OOC: I'm going to assume that you just laid the arm beside the girl's body. Please explain your actions in further detail henceforth.))

As E dropped the torn-off arm next to the girl's corpse, it twitched. Slowly the amount of blood trickling from it seemed to increase. After forming a small puddle the blood itself then moved. It flowed up the girl's side and toward her head, touching her fur and then climbing it, slithering into her mouth.
   The girl didn't move at first. But when the blood entered her mouth, you could see something happening to her veins where her fur was thin, at the neck and chest. They were darkening, and straining, as if a sudden rush of blood had built the pressure in them almost to bursting. Her jaw then moved, and she slowly closed her mouth. Her tongue licked her lips, and her glazed eyes turned black while she closed them.
   The next second, her eyes burst open, and now a poisonous green glow with just a hint of blue shone from within them. She shot up, her right hand clawing for the arm at her side, and when she picked it up, she sunk her teeth deeply into it. She was changing rapidly, the fur on her forearms and shins growing black along with her pulsing veins, and her wings had already darkened almost completely. Her muscles rippled and snapped as they grew and hardened with each moment. Her face, though unaltered in shape, was a twisted snarl, and through the lumps of angel-flesh that she gobbled down you could see her tongue and the flesh in her mouth had turned a very dark greenish colour.

Gareeku was not sure whether it was his fists or the angel-creature's flesh that squished under his punches, but he didn't care. Blood spattered and smelled all over the place either way. And it felt good. These things had threatened him, had threatened his friends! He wanted to rip...
   Gareeku's chain of thought was broken as a massive force smashed into him from underneath and sent him flying through the roof. It had been the four-wing again. But while he flew he noticed, as if seeing through someone else's eyes, that she was not getting up.

KarlOmega1

(OOC: It might be a while before I post again...Busy day tomorrow.)

*whilst arguing who owes who a soda, the three Emerald Ronin also end up being sent flying*

Karl: Ooooooooh Craaaaaaaap! *ding*
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel looks at Topher. "He was with the tour too. Last time I saw him was in the weapons room. Or maybe the one with the vehicles. That's about when things started getting strange and people started disappearing. And speaking of strange, are you sure feeding the girl was a good idea, Aisha? She doesn't look friendly."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Stygian

"Veeeery niiice... friendlyyy... heeelllp..." The girl smiled with long, blackened and razor-sharp teeth. Her tongue lolled, pointed and almost as long as her underarm. Her halo had blackened and broken in the front, turning pointed and glowing a sickly green that mirrored her eyes, and she was breathing heavily, you could see now, her breath misting with some greenish fumes and ash. "We... keeep our... pro-mises..."
   Her eyes turned upward, and for a moment she just sat there. Then, she slowly got to her feet. And with a part slashing and part dim blasting sound, she exploded into shadow and smoke, reforming upstairs next to the four-winged angel.
   "Your... tiiime is uuup..."

Gareeku

Looking down as he flew, the wolf saw the four-winged angel not moving, guessing that she must have used telekinesis to throw him up into the air. However, his mind was now logic or reason, staring down at the ground with his blazing red eyes, and with a roar he forced himself to descend.

He landed with a loud boom, cracking the floor violently underneath as he did so, splinters of wood being thrown up around him from beneath as his body emitting a bright flash of red light, his dark magic-composed wings exploding into view.

"...You will learn...to fear my powersssssss..." the "incubus" hissed menacingly. The deadly force had been reawakened, and was intent on dealing as much damage and carnage as possible...

Stygian

When Stygian felt Gareeku descend and land, and recognized that same darkness and fiery energy within him as it had felt before it, she, turned around and snarled at him, intense green eyes fixed at his burning red. She gave out a roar that shook the floor and screamed at him.
   "Sssheee iss miiine! Back off you wreeetch!" Stygian's black wings unfurled behind her back, turning to sharp, snaking points as they did. Its thoughts were not so clear yet, but it knew that it should not - that it would not - let this be ruined by some new beast throwing itself into the fight. It began moving against him, claws and tentacles honed to razor points, and small green flames started moving across its hands and out of the corners of its mouth.
   That was when the four-winged angel on the floor saw her chance. She looked at the closest other angel-creature with glowing eyes, and said creature, a male soldier-angel with his suit in tatters but still wielding his large and heavy gun, jerked and became stiff as a fence post. His eyes shot wide open, and not even bothering to drop his gun, he rushed right against the four-wing. Halfway there, he started to scream, red lines cracking up his skin and red bolts crackling around him. He fell before he could reach the woman, but in his stead a bolt of bright yellowish-red energy shot into her. Lightning struck over the floor, and the next moment the woman was up on her knees and one of her silvery "wings" firmly embedded in Stygian's host's torso, impaling her heart. Dark blood spurted out between her clenched teeth.
   "Aaaaw hell..."

topher chee

*nods in agreement with Mel*

Gareeku

"Sssstupid girl...you know nothing of what I am..." the "incubus" said with a evil smile, his wings morphing into menacing bladed tentacles of his own.

Seeing the impaling of the girl, the "incubus" laughed; a horrible, spine-chilling laugh that would make even the bravest of creatures shudder with fear. "Truely pathetic...now then..." he said, the evil smiles not fading from his face as he reached out a clawed paw towards the girl and the angels, the paw surrounded by dark magic. "Sssssumbit your ssssoulssss to me..."

Stygian

Stygian was almost completely conscious of its actions now. But that only meant that it was in more pain, and even more aware of the danger. And it was so hard to move! What precisely had happened? It were all coming back so slowly, much too slowly. But it knew what it had to do. When one has two enemies to fight, make them fight each other.
   "Sssorry... but not quite yet!" It gripped the spike jutting through its chest and pulled forward while its right wing made a lightning-fast swipe behind it, severing the angel-creature's "wing" with a spray of blood and sparks. The angel-creature didn't hesitate a second, but proceeded to form another of its wings into a spike and bringing it up to stab a second time. But Stygian was too fast. The tentacles formed of its other wing snapped out and wrapped around Gareeku's hand, and as it took a powerful swinging leap upwards, it pulled the two creatures together, Gareeku's hand locking directly with the angel-woman's chest while her spike missed his head by a few inches.
   Stygian didn't wait either. It had to destroy that Kyriote whatever the cost! It flew backward, though it didn't know how since it had never flown before, and readied an attack that it knew would solve at least one problem here. Green fire started blazing.

Boog

((OOC: Notice that most things around here either start or end with Stygian or the girl going crazy? No offence, but it's getting to be a bit more of a Daos Ex Machina than the angel-borg things.))

The Diablos Ex Machina opened fire upon the four winged angel with the remaining repeater, calculating its next move hurridly.
I may hit Gareeku. At this point, that may not be such a bad thing. In his current state he can probably take it. The question is, with the creature that I think I'll call the Cherubim having recently rejuvinated itself, it may be able to as well. They would both come down into this room beneath them, thus trapping me in yet closer quarters. And then there is the shapeshifter. Not entirely a great loss if I hit it, but I don't know the full story. Best deal with the immediate problems for now.
With that, the Diablos Ex Machina fired off the last of its clip at the floor beneath the Cherubim and tore off down the hallway, widening it by two feet. May want to fix that later...

Stygian

Stygian saw suddenly how a stream of bullets streaked against its foes. It had already sensed the movement in the corner of its mind, but it was so hard to sense if something was really there unless it focused on it. It was the strange thought-entity again. Turning to focus more directly at the thing, Stygian was surprised that it was still up and going. If the cockroach and a bit of cobbled together machinery could hold up under those circumstances...
   Suddenly, an idea formed in Stygian's head. It sunk and focused, taking in the sensation of the place. There were still five angels up and going. One of them had what it needed. It focused again.
   Stygian vanished in a blast of darkness, and then re-formed right behind an angel soldier holding a huge-barrelled, ridiculously heavy gun of some sort, connected to a large fuel cell slung over his shoulder. At the sudden sound behind him he started turning, but before he even had a chance he was missing his legs and flying through the air. Another explosion of darkness, and he was skewered upon three black spikes that stood out like oversized six-foot needles through his chest. Another blast sounded.
   Stygian landed just beside the Diablos Ex Machina, holding that huge gun with its power pack and covered with blood, wires and shredded red cloth, still attatched to great parts of a cybernetic arm.
   "Use thisss. It's a paarticle lancce. You sshould be aable to uuse the hydrogeen and gel-bassed fuel aand attune it sso that it ssteals the heaat from her," it said.

((OOC: Oh I remember the cockroach left. I was just thinking back.))

Boog

((OOC: EDITPALOOZA - Ah, my mistake))

Slowing to a halt, the Diablos Ex Machina turned its attention to Stygian.
"Thank you," it replied, "I believe I should be able to add this to my current shape." With that, a few tendrils of patterned light reached from the bloody stump of the remains of the angel's arm and wrapped themselves around the cannon. Boogey began convincing the weapon that it was fused to the arm, and that its fuel worked differently. Inanimate objects are tricky. They have a better idea of what they are than living things do.
"So, stealing the heat from the Cherubim should render it harmless?" the Diablos Ex Machina asked, "A rather clever energy source, since it can be so easily found. How does it harness it to such a purpose though? Hm, not a question for right now. Thank you for the weapon, but I still don't entirely trust you. We shall speak of what these are and how they relate to you later." With the lance finally installed in its new wielder, the Diablos Ex Machina again turned to aim at the Cherubim. Have to make sure I don't bring the entire structure down upon my own hull. Just gotta wait for it to get into position. "All the energy they're throwing around up there's been knocking out my scout nanobots; I can't pinpoint where she is. Could you get her within range of me?"

Stygian

Stygian replied hurriedly to the bot's question.
   "It won't rendeerr it harmlesss, buut hopefully hold it and caause enough tisssue and conductorr damage through frrost implosion and waterr exspansssion to sstall it. I'll ssee what I can do," it said, and with that she leapt down after Gareeku and the angel.

Mel Dragonkitty

The building shook with the explosions and everyone could hear crashing that told them ceilings were crashing in. Mel brushed bits of ceiling tile off her head and shoulders. "You know, being on a center floor of a building that seems to be coming apart probably isn't safe. We should either go down and out or up to where the damage is originating."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

e_voyager

nods "very well Mel if you wish i will follow you. a lose cannon gets allies killed in battle and this allies are a lot harder to re vie the the ones i'm used to"
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Mel Dragonkitty

"Don't think I'm being brave, e, or intend to charge into battle. But I think I'd rather be shot at than have the house dropped on my head. At least we'll know which way to jump if we can see what is going on."

e_voyager

e chuckles. " i was not calling you a loose cannon Mel. i was referring to myself." E look's away "As far back as I can remember I have always been sent into battle  alone.  I was always person again an army. Weather flesh or metal or something that I can even describe I have always fought alone and I have been happy to fight that way but now..." e pause and he trines to phrase it correctly "if I do something wrong I could wind up killing a friend and that is what I wish to avoid"

Boog

As the Diablos Ex Machina (Gotta love that italics-and-latin-ey goodness!) waited for the Cherubim to be in a position where firing wouldn't bring down the house, he contemplated the foe he was facing.
Little to no willpower, despite a resolute refusal to die, and they recieve orders from an outside source. With so little will, would they accept any orders that came over the same channal? They probably aren't used to conflicting orders. Does this shape have broadcasting ability? Bah, shredded it when I took over the shield angel. Figures. Anything left of it? He began mentally probing the blank space in this mind where the angels Orders had been. After all, I can reduce their ability to make intelligent descisions quite a bit if I can confuse them with more orders, and there's no resource more valuable than a stupid enemy...

KarlOmega1

*just then, three bodies ended up crashing back into the attic*

Karl/Ian/Artemis: ...ow...
I'm a Skype User.

Mel Dragonkitty

"Lets do this now, before any sort of common sense or survival insticts kick in. Topher, you just got here. Are there any collapsing parts of the corridor we should know about?"

topher chee

*Topher turns as Mel had said his name*
Corridor?  Where?

e_voyager

"the place that you just came from." E's forehead sensor begins to glow as he projects the partial map he received forms Karl. it still shows the highlighted trail to the med bay form the attic. "we need a way out but even with this partial schematic it's not sure where we should go. that's part of the reason i decided to follow Mel if she leaves. this is not  some where safe  for me to unleash my arson or weapons anyway. speaking of which" E's trims changes as he tunes to Topher. her aims and fires., with blinding speed on of the copies of the soul protection talismans heads for Topher ready to adhere to his neck like the one around E's

Mel Dragonkitty

"Aisha will head for the attic, I'm sure." Mel bowed in the feline's direction. "She has unfinished business. I'm going to follow her, at least long enough to find out what is going on. If it's going baddly we might need to go for help. I was blocked from gating out last time I tried so we'd need to get outside before I try again."

e_voyager

then i'll guard you alone the way. i am a warrior and a figure it's what i do. "
(ooc topher did you get the Talisman  i shot at you?)

Mel Dragonkitty

Since no one seemed to have a better idea Mel opened the door and cautiously looked out. There wasn't much to see because there wasn't much corridor left. Through the dust she could see the door to the attic and maybe one or two beyond. The rest of the hall was collapsed. "Well Topher, if you weren't trapped in this mess with us I'd call you lucky. It looks like you just missed being flattened. I guess up is our only choice. We'd better do it now before they crush any more of the corridor."

Stygian

No sooner had Mel opened the door before a snow white shape surrounded by darkness smashed into the floor in front of her. It rose to a stooped position from its knees, wickedly clawed arms hanging and huge wings seemingly woven of darkness and fumes spreading from its back. Green eyes over a black, knife-toothed and half-open maw looked up at her, an image that would have made even the denizens of the worst of hells recoil in fear. She recognized the thing that had been the angel-woman. Barely. It grinned at her, and its glowing pupils narrowed.
   "Caan you pleassse hellp me in getting the wollf off the Kyyyriote? I don't know who is the strongessst here, but I know how to ennd herrr..." The "woman" leaned against them, tilting its head and crooking its neck, looking... curiously at them, waiting for a response.

KarlOmega1

*Karl tries to get up but seems to have some severe injuries*

Karl: Dangit! Looks like it's time I used this scroll...

*Karl uses the scroll and a portal opens on the floorboards beneath the three heroes, which sends them to Medbay and quickly closes afterwards*
I'm a Skype User.

topher chee

*Topher nods in response to E's question*
Yes, I got it, what should I do with it?