PF Episode 5 (page 40)

Started by Tapewolf, October 17, 2008, 03:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 01, 2008, 04:00:07 AM
Maybe we'll get to find out what he does to Kirian. *Just read FH*
Gives her a furious ticking off, but we don't get to see it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on November 01, 2008, 08:31:30 PM
Nice teleportation effect!
Thanks.  Actually it confused Ren at first, but that might have been because Joshua was originally saying "Uh, okay" in the 7th panel before I managed to squeeze it into the 6th.

Eagle0600

Yes, very nice telleport. I particularly like how parts of the other room can be seen through the haze. You might have been overdoing it with the box in the top-right hand side on panel 7 though. Seeing as it's so far away, would you really be able to see so much of it?

P.S. Did I spell telleport right? F.F. doesn't seem to recognize it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 03, 2008, 05:13:05 PM
Yes, very nice telleport. I particularly like how parts of the other room can be seen through the haze. You might have been overdoing it with the box in the top-right hand side on panel 7 though. Seeing as it's so far away, would you really be able to see so much of it?

P.S. Did I spell telleport right? F.F. doesn't seem to recognize it.
'Teleport'.  I'll bear that in mind, and I might re-edit that panel when the chapter finishes.

James StarRunner

Heh... I was a little slow at seeing my character's name in the credits. XD

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on November 05, 2008, 07:42:12 PM
Heh... I was a little slow at seeing my character's name in the credits. XD
Well, you did say he was an actor  :3

Eagle0600

Something tells me that Ashley would be good at playing Cross' captain.

Tapewolf

Page 38 is now live.  As mentioned in the rant, I had a preview copy up elsewhere on the site and as a consequence had this vague impression that the strip was already published  :rolleyes

Ren Gaulen

Angry Jakob is angry. :. And the infamous brand of chocolate makes its return! :> ..We totally need some canned drink with "Oranj" written on it in the comic.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 07, 2008, 08:01:37 PM
Angry Jakob is angry. :.

Originally I had imagined having Joshua tiptoeing away with Jakob's outburst coming from off-shot, but this works better.

QuoteAnd the infamous brand of chocolate makes its return! :> ..We totally need some canned drink with "Oranj" written on it in the comic.
Since we're back in the lab next week, I'm sure it can be added as a table prop.

Eagle0600

Good stuff. I had for some reason imagined that the hole was in the floor. Also, as I understand, the darkness that they came from is the thing Warp-Aci hate most. I could be wrong though, but un-summoning is certainly a good threat. Nice effect with Ashley's fade-in headwings, too, but I almost missed it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 09, 2008, 05:58:17 AM
Good stuff. I had for some reason imagined that the hole was in the floor. Also, as I understand, the darkness that they came from is the thing Warp-Aci hate most. I could be wrong though, but un-summoning is certainly a good threat. Nice effect with Ashley's fade-in headwings, too, but I almost missed it.

I've checked... the hole was explictly in the floor in the original story.  I left it up to Ren where it went this time around.

It would have been easier to show the headwings fading in if I hadn't already chosen a grey background for the walls.  As it is, they came off looking a bit like horns.  They'll be in full-form when he turns up next episode.

Eagle0600

Not a major discrepancy, anyway.

Tapewolf

Page 39 is up.  Enjoy.
This episode ends next week, after which things come to a head between Josh and Jakob.

Ren Gaulen

Tapewolf

Gabi

Sorry about the lack of comments. I've been keeping up (and chuckling a bit), but I don't think I'll be able to say much for now.

I've read the profiles, and I think they're quite original. I liked the "Facebook" part. But the reference to Niall in Jakob's Facebook section has no link.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on November 15, 2008, 09:17:12 AM
I've read the profiles, and I think they're quite original. I liked the "Facebook" part.
That was llearch's suggestion, if I remember right, and I think he was being facetious.  Even so, it was the best word I could find that covered family, friends, acquaintances and so on.

QuoteBut the reference to Niall in Jakob's Facebook section has no link.
Thanks for that.  Not all of them do, though they should ideally.  Actually, one of the things I fixed yesterday was that Niall didn't link back to Jakob.  Obviously I forgot to check the converse as well.

EDIT:
Fixed.  I remember now... Jakob's page went up before Niall's was ready, so the link was stubbed out.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 15, 2008, 09:23:52 AM
Quote from: Gabi on November 15, 2008, 09:17:12 AM
I've read the profiles, and I think they're quite original. I liked the "Facebook" part.
That was llearch's suggestion, if I remember right, and I think he was being facetious.  Even so, it was the best word I could find that covered family, friends, acquaintances and so on.

Yes. I'm _so_ sorry I came up with it. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

techmaster-glitch

For someone who's read the story and knows what's going on, I'm really liking this page >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 15, 2008, 03:18:42 PM
For someone who's read the story and knows what's going on, I'm really liking this page >:3
Thanks.  In case anyone is wondering, the beam effect in the last panel is in Josh's imagination, not real.

Tapewolf

Page 40 is now live.  I regret nothing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Zedd

*facepalm and snerks* Oh just one of those days eh Josh?

Gabi

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 21, 2008, 02:21:12 PM
Page 40 is now live.  I regret nothing.
Funny. I noticed the F-bomb after I read this post and started thinking of what might be there for you to regret.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on November 23, 2008, 07:23:40 AM
Funny. I noticed the F-bomb after I read this post and started thinking of what might be there for you to regret.
If it suddenly clicked in my head that I'd been created as a pawn to help a madman unleash evil upon the world, I think I'd be a bit loose-tongued :P

What I was afraid might happen is what happened when Devin first said it, i.e. people went on and on about the fact that he swore instead of talking about the comic itself.  Fortunately that doesn't seem to have happened this time.

llearch n'n'daCorna

That's cause you have less of the crowd of stupid mooks, and more of the actual intelligent people reading your comic.

I think it's the frequent updates that does it for Amber. That and the willingness to draw cheesecake...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 23, 2008, 09:09:06 AM
That's cause you have less of the crowd of stupid mooks, and more of the actual intelligent people reading your comic.

I think it's the frequent updates that does it for Amber. That and the willingness to draw cheesecake...
I am also willing to draw cheesecake! And beefcake too! :D ..I'll have to restrain myself. :paranoid