Feel better soon Amber

Started by mopman, October 10, 2008, 01:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopman

Hi Amber just a wish for your throat to get better soon and that you rest and take care of yourself.

Also I would like to say I would rather see a handfull of your work done with the quality and care you have shown up to this point then to see you force out 5 a week that you might not be able to enjoy making as much as we enjoy reading. 

Zen hug  :hug
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

AmigaDragon

Have lots of tacos with hot sauce. despite the heat, Dad says that peppers (or at least jalapeno jelly beans) soothe the throat.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Azraelle

Hot and spicy foods are definitely good for what ails you - they tend to get the fluids running overtime which helps break things loose and flush out whatever crap is causing it.  And it's mighty tasty too!

"you know how hard it is for me to shake the disease
that takes hold of my heart in situations like these"

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Azraelle on October 10, 2008, 04:59:24 AM
Hot and spicy foods are definitely good for what ails you - they tend to get the fluids running overtime which helps break things loose and flush out whatever crap is causing it.  And it's mighty tasty too!

"you know how hard it is for me to shake the disease
that takes hold of my heart in situations like these"
I suppose that's why the sick doesn't stick to me, and makes multiple attempts. 

*runs off to make some more Neoguri*

Feel better soon Amber.  If you like tea, and trying different things, Traditional Medicinals makes a nice tea called Throat Coat
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

ShiningShadow

I could suggest ginger candy for the throat and maybe a unusually high dosage if vitamin c tablets. I hope this will help if not I could suggest Celestial Seasons Lemon Zinger Tea that will help with a spoonful of honey. Just take your time and get well Amber we are here to help.

Lego3400

Quote from: ShiningShadow on October 10, 2008, 04:31:17 PM
I could suggest ginger candy for the throat and maybe a unusually high dosage if vitamin c tablets. I hope this will help if not I could suggest Celestial Seasons Lemon Zinger Tea that will help with a spoonful of honey. Just take your time and get well Amber we are here to help.

I suck on butterscotch candies when my throats sore or I have a bad cough.

Alondro

I don't really get colds or flu anymore.

I just get anaphylactic reactions if I eat any trace of fungus (except yeast).   :P

I'd rather have the colds and flu.   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Lady Buggery

Hmm well I have seasonal massive infections every year, hooray  :mowdizzy and I find that the best thing for a soar throat...has actually been veggie juice oddly enough. A glass of V8 just knocks the nasties right out of me better than other stuff. If all else fails, try that...unless you're allergic, then stick to Rooibos Chai tea <3 its a spicy tea that is both tasty and effective.

icarus

nng sicks, the bane of all.

if it's a deep cough, try tea with honey. or onions. or ginger. not in the tea, just in general.

and funny thing, counterintuitive as it is, moist air is good for you when you have a cough.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Amber Williams

It's like its taking a world tour of my body. :U

Started off as just an odd pressure in the lungs but then when I realized "hey waitaminnute...this feels like SICK!" they decided to move troops up to the throat and just make it all sorts of sore.  Now they have branched to the nose and somewhat the ears and seem to be making their final huzzah...which is unfortunately the part that is making me feel worse.

I can handle throat ouch, I can handle even coughing and lung bleh. But once the ears are hit, I am down for the days count.

AS SUCH I SHOULD WARN:
I am trying...key word trying...my best to get the next comic done...but its honestly looking like a lose battle. I am going to work as far as I can get, but its possible I am going to just crash and burn partway through.  So if the comic doesn't update on time, or at all tonight, dont be too shocked.

Lady Buggery

Hey take your time. I'm having the hardest time updating myself and I'm not even sick xD. I think the chilluns can wait while you recoup. :B

Jairus

Amber, your health is important. We're not going to burn you at the stake if you take a day or two off to get some rest. We'll survive... somehow. Okay, I'm kidding with that last bit. Get some rest, you're not going to get better by working while you're sick. You'll just make it worse.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Naldru

Quote from: Jairus on October 14, 2008, 02:15:35 PM
Amber, your health is important. We're not going to burn you at the stake if you take a day or two off to get some rest. We'll survive... somehow. Okay, I'm kidding with that last bit. Get some rest, you're not going to get better by working while you're sick. You'll just make it worse.
And if anyone says differently, we'll burn them at the stake.

And as the doctor said to the man with the kidney stones, this too shall pass.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Alondro

I shall burn Amber's steak!  Then it'll be tough and dry and filled with nitrosamines!

*Charles uses the wrong homophone, as he's used to using a straight phone*

*Charline pipes up*  And that's why it's good to be gay, kiddies!   Or at least bi.  :3

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Naldru on October 14, 2008, 06:29:01 PM
And as the doctor said to the man with the kidney stones, this too shall pass.
Must have been Ink, and looking forward to it.  :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 14, 2008, 02:11:20 PMAS SUCH I SHOULD WARN:
I am trying...key word trying...my best to get the next comic done...but its honestly looking like a lose battle. I am going to work as far as I can get, but its possible I am going to just crash and burn partway through.  So if the comic doesn't update on time, or at all tonight, dont be too shocked.
Concentrate on the getting better.  We will wait patiently(or not so patiently) for the beautiful art you create.  When you feel well, the art is done whole-heartedly.  Don't feel obligated to us.  The payoff is in those gorgeous panels you've been making.

May you have a speedy recovery.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 14, 2008, 02:11:20 PM
It's like its taking a world tour of my body. :U

Started off as just an odd pressure in the lungs but then when I realized "hey waitaminnute...this feels like SICK!" they decided to move troops up to the throat and just make it all sorts of sore.  Now they have branched to the nose and somewhat the ears and seem to be making their final huzzah...which is unfortunately the part that is making me feel worse.

I can handle throat ouch, I can handle even coughing and lung bleh. But once the ears are hit, I am down for the days count.

AS SUCH I SHOULD WARN:

if you're sick, you're sick, it's no good in pushing yourself too hard if you're unwell, i'm sure we can survive another day without our fix.   :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Turnsky on October 15, 2008, 03:51:25 AM
if you're sick, you're sick, it's no good in pushing yourself too hard if you're unwell, i'm sure we can survive another day without our fix.   :3

Need my fix, my precious... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

I think it's been done to death, but as they say, leave the comic for now.  Get better first.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Stig Hemmer

Amber?  Remember that if you kill yourself getting the next comic out on time, the next comic after that will be very very late indeed...
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Jer-oh-me

When someone said 'Poor Amber' on the IRC channel I said 'I don't know what to say to that!' it was suggested that I nod. So, best wishes, do get well. *nods*

KelseyPotter

This is going to sound strange, but my chorus teacher my senior year of high school suggested that, if you get a cold, you should eat a lemon--seeds, zest, and al--and it worksl. Soak it in sugar if you need to, but if you eat the whole thing, it really does help.

I understand about the Plague, however; it must be working its way north, because everyone on campus had it two weeks ago. It does not make for happy classes. Get well soon, Amber!

Mao

My housemate caught a plague from a bunch of her co-workers and gave it to me.  I'm out of sick time however so I went to work.. only to find out that a bunch of them are sick also.  Most notably my favorite tester.  So while I'm only a mild case of it at present.. I get the feeling that I'm about to have a very bad week.  So far I've only been planning on sleeping a lot (I was intentionally 2 hrs late today to sleep) but if it's the same thing as you have Amber, I'm thinking that's not going to be enough.  Incidentally have you tried any of the suggestions posted here?  If so any luck on them?  I can't afford to get as bad off as you are right now. :S

Ragesquid

I don't often get colds, but I have allergies to boot. Lots of people have suggested tea..so I might just sound repetitive; but I find chamomile tea works best. It breaks down all that crap, and makes your head feel a heck of a lot better. :3

Get better soon!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: KelseyPotter on October 15, 2008, 01:43:41 PM
This is going to sound strange, but my chorus teacher my senior year of high school suggested that, if you get a cold, you should eat a lemon--seeds, zest, and al--and it worksl. Soak it in sugar if you need to, but if you eat the whole thing, it really does help.
I've heard that the rind is where most of the vitamins are in citrus. Lemon rind is more palatable than orange rind, quite the opposite from their flesh. (I can't speak for tree-ripened citrus, as I haven't had opportunity to try it, just the supermarket fruit which I hear is picked green).

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kishyka_Stormwalker

Sending good thoughts, prayers, well-wishes, and cat hair your way. I've been sick too, lately, and it's no fun. Don't worry about the comic. You always do an awesome job and my family and I just hope you get better soon.

Sunblink

Aw, get well soon, Amber. :c I just got over a nasty cold myself. Hope you feel better. Just rest for now and don't worry about the comic.

Amber Williams

Ugh...crawling out of bed...I honestly am suprised its Thursday already. Tuesday and Wednesday must have just merged into BLURGH-day.

The thing with me and sickness is that for all the times I rant and whine about feeling ill, most of them are minor things I can easily plow through. But every now and then, one of them hits my sinuses...particularly my ears.  The second my ears become a factor, its game over "see you in four days" for me.  And it completely knocks me on my butt.

I'm doing moderately better today. Still feel like blarf, but I am no longer having to lay in bed in that horrible "I am not really tired so I cant sleep but I cannot do anything else but fade in and out of ickness" state.  So thats a bonus.

I expect I will be back up and kicking by this weekend.

Sorry to everyone for the delays and for making you peeps worry if that was the case.