09/09/08 [Hybrids #11] - Hybrid Genetics: Demon Style

Started by Ghostwish, September 08, 2008, 10:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

Oh golly. I hope Amiga isn't actually posting typos directly into the thread...especially since there is a rule in the DMFA discussion rules about PMing me over such things rather than cluttering up the threads with stuff like that since once fixed the post becomes irrelevant.

I really hope so. Cause if I recall right, there is a one day ban for people who do that rather than PM...

Corgatha Taldorthar

Request for clarification.

The comment that "Demons are the most common creature race in Furrae. They tend to outnumber all other Creatures by about three to one".

Does that mean that Demons outnumber any other single Creature species by 3:1? Or does that mean that Demons outnumber all other creatures combined by 3:1?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on September 09, 2008, 01:24:12 PM
Does that mean that Demons outnumber any other single Creature species by 3:1? Or does that mean that Demons outnumber all other creatures combined by 3:1?
Also, would that be purebred Demons, or anyone with Demon heritage?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

The answer: Thats for me to know and you to find out. :3

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Amber Williams
(snip)
Working with a wrist bracer on your main drawing/mouse hand is very uncomfortable and awkward.
(snip)

Stick figure comics.  The antics, they will be wacky.  :)

With regards,
Ted

Mao

Sunblink

Quote from: Ted Schiller on September 09, 2008, 02:21:24 PM
(snip)
Working with a wrist bracer on your main drawing/mouse hand is very uncomfortable and awkward.
(snip)

Hasn't that been done before? ;)

Also, hope your wrist feels better, Amber :<

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2008, 06:43:12 AM
Never played it.

Check the "Meet the Team" series on YouTube. There should be a compilation of all the videos there; it's only eight minutes long. Even if you're not interested in the game, that will probably get a chuckle out of you.

...I haven't played TF2 either, but I desperately want to.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 09, 2008, 03:56:36 PM
...I haven't played TF2 either, but I desperately want to.

I have it (it was full-version gifted to me by a friend), but my only attempt to play with people I knew had them all running off to different servers at random and leaving me alone. So I thought "sod this for a game of soldiers" and never touched the game again. However, out of the goodness of my wretched pink heart I just threw an available (temporary) guest pass for the game at your e-mail address.

Of course, that's moot if you have it and no-one to play with, but... whatevs, you know?
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 09, 2008, 03:56:36 PM
Quote from: Ted Schiller on September 09, 2008, 02:21:24 PM
(snip)
(snip)

Hasn't that been done before? ;)

Also, hope your wrist feels better, Amber :<

(snip)

Yes, but tacos are at stake.   :eager

With regards,
Ted

Alterationartist

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 09, 2008, 12:03:48 PM
Quote from: Alterationartist on September 09, 2008, 11:59:20 AM
Even though this idea will never take due to Amber's busybusybusy schedule, it would be so cool to have a giant poster giving a visual example of every possible half-breed/love-child result/undead effect possible!

Too much?

A bit. That and it would be really a pain and not fun at all for me to draw...making it extra annoying.
But the possibilities! ;.;
Dah! Forget it... Now the mental image will never be complete...
;.;
Round 9!

Amber Williams

Tell you what, you send me $25 for every figure I would have to draw and I will see about making it.  :eager

Dagardo

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 09, 2008, 05:07:49 PM
Tell you what, you send me $25 for every figure I would have to draw and I will see about making it.  :eager
So... how many figures would that be, Amber? I'll send money, but only if we can get an idea of how far we have to go.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lucheek

What are Fluffy's arm/hands doing in the first panel? I can't quite figure it out.
Also- I'm pondering about Lorenda. I guess her high-school days didn't drive in the Demon culture, because she doesn't seem like she wants to prove her worth. And-before anybody says it- her teeny wings were caused by Kria's long-term-sideffecting amulet. I guess her Bull-father was pretty powerful. Thinking back, he was drawn very beefah.

I'll do the calculations to see how many figures that would be. It kind of sounds ridiculous, if I have to estimate....I'd say, err... at least 100. I'll get back to you.

TO THE CALCULATOR AND WIKUWIKI!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on September 09, 2008, 05:21:05 PM
So... how many figures would that be, Amber? I'll send money, but only if we can get an idea of how far we have to go.

Something tells me that is not the answer she was hoping for.

Dagardo

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2008, 05:35:07 PM
Quote from: Jairus on September 09, 2008, 05:21:05 PM

Something tells me that is not the answer she was hoping for.

I kinda get the idea it is and she could say a large number, and get lots of money from Jairus.   :P

Alondro

We get wrist pain!

Main comic turn off!

Send all money for stick figures!

*corniest... thing... evar*

PS:  Charline wants to attempt all possible hybridizations.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Lucheek

Math- I dids it.

Okay, here is my list of "elligable bachelors and bachelorettes." In other words, the characters I used to come up with the love-child list. It's everybody on the Cast-List except Pip, Fi, Amber, and Fluffy, with the addition of a few notibale extras.

MALE-
   Dan
   Jyrras
   Abel
   Pyroduck
   Azlan
   Biggs
   Basement Rat 1
   Basement Rat 3
   Basement Rat 4
   Dark Pegasus
   Merlitz
   Aniz
   Ink
   Edward
   Devin
   Xander

FEMALE-
   Mab
   Lorenda
   Wildy
   Alexsi
   Kria
   Photophie (Basement Rat 2)
   Matilda
   Aliyka
   Regina
   Aaryanna
   Destania
   Hennya
   Fa'Lina
   May
   Hannah
   Shannah
   Anna

So, The number of Lovechildren when you combine any heterosexual pair ignoring period of life and species compatibility: 272

The number of Lovechildren for any species comaptible heterosexual pair (but ignoring period of life): 211

The number of Lovechildren for any heterosexual or homosexual pair, ignoring period of life and species compatibility: 1089

The number of Lovechildren for any species compatible heterosexual or homosexual pair(again, ignoring period of life): 842

(By the way, When I did species compatibility, I removed Fa'Lina from the list because she is unable to have children, and I did not include Half-Fae "Hollows". Hollows were also not included for the half-breed count.)

Number of Possible Half-Breeds: 37

Number of Possible Undead Types: 15

Incase you're wondering, the cost would be either $8,100 (for hetero,all species plus half-breeds and undeads) $6,575 (hetero, compatible plus half-breeds and undeads), $28,525 (anything goes plus half-breeds and undeads), $22,350 (hetero and homo, compatible plus half-breeds and undeads) $1,300 (half-breeds and undeads), $925 (half-breeds only), $375 (undead only), $7,725 (for hetero, all species plus half-breeds), $6,200 (hetero, compatible plus half-breeds), $28,150 (anything goes plus half-breeds) $21,975 (hetero and homo, compatible plus half-breeds), $7,175 (for hetero,all species plus undeads), $5,650 (hetero, compatible plus undeads), $26,700 (anything goes, plus undeads), $21,425(hetero and homo, compatible plus undeads), $6,800  (for hetero, all species only), $5,275 (hetero, compatible only), $27,225 (anything goes only), $21,050 (hetero and homo, compatible only)

Soooo... Yah.

Come on people. Just use your imagination, lets not kill the kind artist with 211 crack-babies.

I like numbers...

Dagardo

Quote from: Lucheek on September 09, 2008, 06:07:24 PM
(By the way, When I did species compatibility, I removed Fa'Lina from the list because she is unable to have children

I'm clueless, I need a link or somethin' please, If its demonology i don't read it, don't know why.  :B should probly start though. Please forgive my idiocy.

Tycoon

A Pyroduck x Devin lovechild?

To the fanfic-mobile!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tycoon on September 09, 2008, 06:14:09 PM
Someone must have drifted off when they were being told about the birds and the bees.

Lucheek

Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 06:12:31 PM
(By the way, When I did species compatibility, I removed Fa'Lina from the list because she is unable to have children

I'm clueless, I need a link or somethin' please, If its demonology i don't read it, don't know why.  :B should probly start though. Please forgive my idiocy.

I can not give you a link because I'm not allowed.

But it has been stated that Fa'Lina can't have kids because she is a clan leader.

Dagardo

Quote from: Lucheek on September 09, 2008, 06:17:43 PM
Quote from: Dagardo on September 09, 2008, 06:12:31 PM

I can not give you a link because I'm not allowed.

But it has been stated that Fa'Lina can't have kids because she is a clan leader.

Actually that may not be true, cause I remember reading that her clan leader may also be alive but went into hiding after the great war all the 'cubi had before Fa'lina built SAIA. (If she isn't the founder of her clan). But that's just what I remember

Brunhidden

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 09, 2008, 11:55:32 AM
I think it goes without saying that if any race truly banded together and worked as a solid group, they could easily crush their opposition. But most races simply do not have that ability to work together. And the ones that do honestly don't care about taking over but just work on defending their own borders.

i read back and this post suddenly gets me thinking of the whole undead race joining forces.... in a 'hands across america' style trying to force others to accept the philosophy of LOVE AND PEACE! *pose with crossed fingers*
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tycoon

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2008, 06:17:07 PM
Someone must have drifted off when they were being told about the birds and the bees.

It has never been my academic strong point.

!KCA

There are 43 hybrids possible:

Dragon/Being
Dragon/Phoenix
Dragon/Were
Dragon/Mythos
Dragon/Cubi
Dragon/Angel
Dragon/Demon
Were/Mythos
Were/Phoenix
Were/Being
Were/Cubi
Being/Cubi
Phoenix/Cubi
Gryphon A/Cubi
Gryphon B/Cubi
Mythos/Cubi
Angel/Cubi
Demon/Cubi
Mythos/Being
Mythos/Gryphon A
Mythos/Gryphon B
Mythos/Gryphon C
Mythos/Phoenix
Mythos/Insectis
Mythos/Mer
Mythos/Angel
Mythos/Demon
Angel/Being
Angel/Phoenix
Angel/Gryphon A
Angel/Gryphon B
Angel/Demon
Demon/Gryphon A
Demon/Gryphon B
Demon/Phoenix
Demon/Being
Phoenix/Being
Phoenix/Gryphon A
Phoenix/Gryphon B
Being/Gryphon A
Being/Gryphon B
Gryphon A/B
Mer/Insectis

Dagardo

Wow. :U Impressive brain work. I don't have anywhere near a long enough attention span to do things like that, and as such, I congratulate you.

Lucheek

Quote from: !KCA on September 10, 2008, 05:05:39 AM
There are 43 hybrids possible:

Dragon/Being
Dragon/Phoenix
Dragon/Were
Dragon/Mythos
Dragon/Cubi
Dragon/Angel
Dragon/Demon
Were/Mythos
Were/Phoenix
Were/Being
Were/Cubi
Being/Cubi
Phoenix/Cubi
Gryphon A/Cubi
Gryphon B/Cubi
Mythos/Cubi
Angel/Cubi
Demon/Cubi
Mythos/Being
Mythos/Gryphon A
Mythos/Gryphon B
Mythos/Gryphon C
Mythos/Phoenix
Mythos/Insectis
Mythos/Mer
Mythos/Angel
Mythos/Demon
Angel/Being
Angel/Phoenix
Angel/Gryphon A
Angel/Gryphon B
Angel/Demon
Demon/Gryphon A
Demon/Gryphon B
Demon/Phoenix
Demon/Being
Phoenix/Being
Phoenix/Gryphon A
Phoenix/Gryphon B
Being/Gryphon A
Being/Gryphon B
Gryphon A/B
Mer/Insectis

Garraaaah. Where did my Math go wrong? ;-;

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2008, 06:17:07 PM

Ya, the Insectis race can't cross with gryphons.  XD
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Lego3400

That 43 also doesn't include the Hallows born of a Fae . Which I don't think anyone cares to see... As their really depressing...