The Thrill of the Chase RP OOC (closed)

Started by Paladin Sheppard, August 03, 2008, 02:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Sheppard

Lisky

i'd like to know what we're gonna be bravely running away from  :U

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Paladin Sheppard

All in good time Bas all in good time  :mwaha

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on April 16, 2009, 08:45:02 PM
llearch do you really want to know? >:3

Er. Let me rephrase: the post is inconclusive as to if it's a medium-sized fleet of, oh, ten or so carriers, or just a dinky fleet of three or four. Or a large fleet of "more than I can count in a few seconds".

It's also unclear as to how many fighters per carrier - hundreds? half a dozen? are we talking a swarm big enough to cause problems to anything smaller than an intergalactic task force, or something that we can run away from, if we're fast and sneaky enough?

Something that can envelop the entire planet and shoot anything that moves is something we should avoid from the get-go. Something that might manage to get in our vicinity, but we can still probably break free from, albeit with some star trek style shaking of the command deck and some damage to Willie's paint job, we might want to at least learn what they're there for.

You can see my thought processes, here. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Paladin Sheppard

Well seeing as no one in the system as spotted these new comers the Fleets size and composition is unknown to everyone :3

Lisky

so, basically, your just giving us the heads up that in several gametime hours the light and sensor reading are going to appear of a fleet that is already heading in system with a good deal of velocity advantage, as they've been accelerating for several hours before we actually get to see them?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Paladin Sheppard

Lisky

2 questions about your post, has the station in any way, shape or form, been informed as to what's in system heading towards it?  secondly, why does it seem Lucien isn't going to get his meal before leaving the station?

Paladin Sheppard

As of yet no, the station has not been informed.  And ya never know, he buy that meal....

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd hoped to have cleared things up by the time I left, but that time has come upon us with little warning.

At least, little warning for you guys. I'm on holiday, going back to the old country for my sister is getting hitched. I'll be back at the end of May.

In the mean time, try not to get Johnny killed, and don't get too far ahead in the plot, please. ;-]

... Pal, if need be, I believe we've discussed the various things I'd like him to pick up. As long as he gets a selection of paints, and the other items listed, and discusses getting a gun cleaning kit of his very own, you're welcome to walk him down the corridor to the ship and embark him upon untold journeys through the dark depths of space.

Or something. I know you have plans.

Evil, evil plans.

ShadesFox

Just a quick heads up, I'll be moving tomorrow so I'm not sure when internet access will be back.  Soon, if I have any say in the matter.
The All Purpose Fox

Paladin Sheppard

Righto Shades good luck with the move!

Lisky

Hello fellow RPers,

Just giving everyone the heads up that i'm helping a friend move to cali, and i'm leaving tomorrow. I'll be gone for a week, but i'm bringing my laptop.  Internet connections may be a bit spotty, but i'll update when i get the chance.  I should be able to reply at least every other day so although delayed, i probably won't completely disappear.  Sorry for the inconvenience to you all.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"uncanny accuracy", hur hur hur hur... sorry.

It's a centre of mass, thing, though. Technically, the grip would be just under the breasts. However, since she's over a foot shorter than he is...

Nice post, though, Mel.

Paladin Sheppard

Just to give my players the reason why the Marines are a little worried abut the Battle Armor I though I should give a description and history.

UNSF Battle Armor was first developed in the mid 21st century to combat Main Battle Tanks (MBT) of the Chinese PLA, using rudimentary exoskeletons to mount anti tank weaponry with the mobility of infantry, it meant that in urban combat that the PLA tanks could be destroyed easily and the personnel could quickly retreat before any relation.

As technology increased and better armor and shields became available the Battle Armor evolved, from a simple heavy weapons platform to being able to go toe to toe with MBTs in open fields, although these battles usually involved five BA's to one MBT due to the MBT also undergoing development.

As humanity left its own solar system contact with aliens was only a matter of time, and first contact was not always peaceful. And so the Battle Armor evolved again this time to be able to fight in space as well as the ground, and even to be orbitaly dropped.

Due to its effectiveness many alien cultures who have made contact with the UNSC have made their own copies, but the closest copy is still only as effective as a UNSF model of 50 years earlier.

UNSF Battle Armor Model 492

Height: 3.5m
Width: 1.5m
Weight: 2.5mt
Lifting capacity: 10mt
Armor Thickness 40mm chest, 30mm arms and legs, 20mm rear.
Shields: Heaviest found on a non MBT or Fighter. Able to take fire from a traditional firearm machine gun (7.62mm) for more than a minute.

The standard BA M492 weapons load consists of a shoulder mounted Plasma Cannon or Anti-Tank missile system, a arm mounted Plasma rifle or Tri-barreled Railgun, and a gauntlet mounted power blade for cutting through armor/bulkheads. However due to the modular mounts many other variants exist.

llearch n'n'daCorna

llearch n'n'daCorna

FYI, I'm waiting on Mel posting - Johnny asked Celine a question. So chances are nothing will happen until after AC...

Paladin Sheppard

Actually that is a wise thought llearchy...I'm gonna place the RP on a semi-hiatus until after AC...See you all then.

Mind you feel free to post but don't expect some to reply.

llearch n'n'daCorna

BTW: I'm not sure if Theo is to port or starboard of Johnny. I put starboard, because, well, I guessed. If it's wrong, please enlighten, and I'll correct it...

Paladin Sheppard

Hey guys at this time I am experiencing extreme mental difficulty, I will be suspending TotC until such time as I am able to continue. Feel free to continue to post anything that you do not need a GM for.

Paladin Sheppard

Hello loyal minions....erm I mean expendable assets...crap that's not right either... Friends! that's it! :P

On Monday I'll be reactivating TotC as I feel I'm up to GM again :3 Come hell or high water I'll be posting so if you are still interested try and pop one in before then!

See you all then!

llearch n'n'daCorna

No, no, I do believe we're expendable assets.

Or possibly asses...

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Paladin Sheppard

Allrighty people! seeing as the rules state that RPs must open up from time to time, I shall be making two new spots as of sunday. Feel free to send in those Character Sheets!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on September 01, 2009, 09:11:26 PM
Allrighty people! seeing as the rules state that RPs must open up from time to time, I shall be making two new spots as of sunday. Feel free to send in those Character Sheets!
Oof. Oh man. Do I dare make a sixth attempt? :mowdizzy

Paladin Sheppard

I sense a small disturbance in the force...as if there was someone bitching in my thread....

Paladin Sheppard

As I stated earlier I am now opening up two slots in the RP. I'll leave it open for two weeks.

Tezkat

Shall I try my luck? >:]

Name: Jinx Fastpaw
Species/Race/Birth Planet: Feline/Spacer/None
Sex: Male
S: 3
P: 8
E: 4
C: 5
I: 8
A: 10
L: 3
Trait: Small Frame

Appearance: A black cat with golden eyes, lean and wiry at 165cm tall, Jinx has a friendly face and easy smile but always manages to appear a bit scruffy, his crop of blue hair being largely immune to grooming.

Clothing: Jinx favours relatively nondescript clothing that lets him blend in with the locals. He often adds extra pockets to conceal the tools of his trade.

History:

Jinx doesn't remember his parents or even his birth name. Abandoned as a small child on a waystation in the middle of nowhere, he learned to scrounge and steal whatever he needed to survive, with only quick wits and even quicker paws to rely on. The station managers mostly ignored him unless he got into trouble, and even then they'd just lock him up for a few days and cut him loose with a hot meal in his belly--they were running a space station, not an orphanage.

A group of smugglers took him under their wing. Pretty good times... up until the accident, that is. How was he supposed to know the contraband hidden in those food crates was so explosive? Terrified that his very upset bosses would take the losses out on his hide (and possibly internal organs), he ran away, stowed aboard another freighter bound for the outer colonies.

From there, he drifted from place to place. By then, he'd become quite skilled at passing beneath notice. He'd learn what he could, doing small jobs or pulling off minor heists to get by. A prodigious talent for being in the wrong place at the wrong time kept him on his toes.

Most recently, he broke into the hotel room of some wealthy corp exec. It was a modest haul. An unusually well guarded data crystal got his hopes up, but his best slicing programs couldn't make sense of it. His fence wouldn't even offer him a single credit. However, he sensed something amiss when the rest of his black market contacts stopped returning his calls the next day. His suspicions were confirmed when some very large men tracked him down to discuss the stolen data. With bullets. Barely escaping with his skin intact, he hopped a transport to... anywhere but there, which turned out to be a station in the Delphi system.

Of course, shortly after his arrival, said refuge was invaded by man-eating slavers.

Just his luck... :animesweat

Trivia:

He wears the stolen data crystal in a pouch around his neck.

He has criminal records in eight systems, mostly for misdemeanour property crimes that rarely resulted in serious punishment. Some are attached to IDs long since abandoned.

Skills (Major):

Cat Burglary :kittycool
Smuggling

Skills (Minor):

EVA Proficiency
Handgun Proficiency

Credit Balance: ? (probably not very much)

Equipment:

Small pack containing all his worldly possessions
Tools for penetrating security devices both physical and electronic
Midrange PDA with several alternate IDs
8mm semi-automatic pistol and a few spare clips
Light level 2 EVA suit (grey and black)

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on September 08, 2009, 08:54:50 AM
Light EVA suit with as many shielding and exoskeleton upgrades as he can afford

I do believe the answer to this is "none". ;-]

The GM might let you get away with something else, though...