The Thrill of the Chase RP OOC (closed)

Started by Paladin Sheppard, August 03, 2008, 02:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadesFox

I've been reading the thread and I must confess, I think part of the reason why it is slowing down is that it seems like the RP has been hanging out in dock for a long time.  Maybe try and push things along into something meatier?
The All Purpose Fox

Malakin

As I said before I am quite intrested in joining if you think you need another player or two...

I was thinking somthing along the lines of a SCV pilot, a skilled salvage expert. The SCV he would have is not quite like the SC one, but more like the deep sea suit shown here: http://forgetomori.com/media/dogujedi3copy.jpg

But with a large abckpack containing the thrusters and another four arms used to grab and manipulate objects so the main equipment on the heavy arms can operate freely. (oh and they would have a grapple hook function to reel in things or vice versa).

But I agree with ShadesFox, I think it might be the fact not much has happend yet :P
I would rather not join in with an RP if they dont actualy need more players, else I will just be getting in the way...
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

techmaster-glitch

I would still want in on this RP, but considering the fact that five charcaters/ideas in a row were shot down...my will and creativity are quite drained and disheartened :sigh

I'll ring Paladin if I happen to get another idea that I feel like expending effort on...

Lisky

tech, just give me a personality you want to play as, and i've got a couple of character's you can adapt from some of my short stories that would probably not be shot down... i'll be heading home on friday to get my detachable hard drive with all of them on there, but there's a couple that i've got on hand if you want to try sooner than that

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

techmaster-glitch

Nu-uh. Doesn't work like that. "Personality" actually always comes last when I create a character. I start with the concept, then flesh out, balance out. History created to explain how the character got to where he/it is. Finally, personality emerges from there. And the initial concept most preferably has to have something to do with robots/machines/cyborgs/constructs/things like that. In fact, I would have taken the pure engineer position already after my first couple of ideas crashed and burned, but Keaton beat me to that.

Paladin Sheppard

Tech is it just me or are you bitching in my thread?

Lisky

the bluntness of that statement has me laughing and beer just came out my nose... thanks pally, thanks a lot...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Paladin Sheppard

techmaster-glitch

I do appreciate bluntness, but I do believe it's just you. All I said was why I don't already have a character in this RP, and then I explained to Basilisk why him giving me a character wouldn't work. I don't see how any of that qualifies as "bitching".

Now, if I were to go on a trolling rant about how you're an unfair bastard of a GM, and that I'm the victim and everyone hates me wha wha wha I need sympathy cry cry, yes, I think that would be bitching :3 But, aside from this example, I have said nothing of the sort.

Now, in retrospect, my last post possibly could have been worded better, but if there is anything percieved as negative, it was not intentional. So, I apologize if anything seemed like that.

Lisky

soo... pally, any chance this is going to open up, or should i keep the character i sent you handy for when you do open it later?

Mel Dragonkitty

Pal's computer is acting up so his promised update will be delayed.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Lisky

thanks for the heads up... and if you can get in touch with him, let him know i wish him the best of luck

ShadesFox

Unfortunate.  I've done up a character sheet anyways, so if something opens I'll be willing to jump in.
The All Purpose Fox

Paladin Sheppard

Lisky

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Lisky

that's what i'm assuming, but it could mean a hell of a lot of other things... so i'm confused as to what it's actually supposed to mean...

Paladin Sheppard

Righto in about 5 minutes after I've posted this I will be opening the RP to two new players. This is not due to the RP slowing down as I stated in an earlier post, more to do with I thought I can handle two more people.

I Know this may sound dull to some but no flashy entrances for the new people, it will be assumed  that they came in with the rest of the crew for the ease of the GMs brain.

That is all.....

*Waits for the Hellmouth to open*

Lisky

hooray for dog waking me up to this

Name: Lucien 'Black Jack' Grendel
Species: Wolf /Hybrid/Hades Gamma System
Sex: Male
S:4
P:7
E:5
C:5
I:7
A:9
L:4

Trait: Thin Frame

Appearance: standing at 193cm yet weighing a mere 68kg he appears to be a wolf, very thin but healthy... Head to toe white fur, with gray patches across his chest, around his neck, and down the center of his spine... he has rather unusual black patches of fur around the outside corners of his eyes, making a sort of black half halo around his icy blue eyes...  the tips of the hairs on his head are also black. he also has a sort of stretched kite shaped black patch across the outsides of his forearms as well.

Clothing:  A formal looking, military style, steel gray tunic with dark and forest green trim.  He also owns several sets of more casual clothing, but seems to prefer the tunic when trying to make a good first impression.

Across the right leg of suit, he has a holster with a light weight semi-automatic 10mm pistol,  just behind the holster is a 20cm K-Bar Style combat knife, sheathed but the hilt is visible from behind.  He is also wearing a harness across his left leg with a small pouch carrying assorted equipment, such as a multi tool, spare magazines for the pistol, a small flashlight, a basic PDA and a wallet with some other forms of ID, along with a few loose credits...

History: Raised on a rather harsh planet Lucien was brought up to be extremely observant, and was forced to be agile, or be dead... at age 15 he lied about his age, and signed on with a bounty hunter group that was in the area.  They taught him several things about spacing, and trained him to use firearms...  but after he screwed up on a big hunt, the bounty hunters left him on a heavily populated world, near broke but with his belongings... He's taken on jobs as part of the crews on merchant ships, and has been doing alright for himself... After surviving several close calls while in space aboard his last ship, he went and left his job feeling under appreciated, and underpaid for the work he was doing... Overall good natured and well intentioned, he's a pretty likable guy... he decided to combine his experiences in both merchant, and bounty hunting, and is currently trying out for the job of point man for a survey team along with possible security duties if need be...

Trivia: He earned his nick name before he left his home world because he had learned to count cards in the ancient game of blackjack by the age 12
He carries the knife because he thinks it looks bad ass, and yet never seems to find any actual use for it
He enjoys an extremely eclectic taste in music, ranging from early 21st rap, to modern heavy rock, to classical music... he enjoys the beat and melody of music, more so than the actual lyrics

Skills: Major (Firearms Mastery and Acrobatics)
minor (EVA and Mechanical Engineering (apprenticeship))

Credits: 1800 + 2000 Signing bonus - 3325shopping (475 after shopping)

Equipment:
10mm guardian 2
20cm K-bar Knife
multi-tool
basic PDA
assorted clothing
military style tunic
Flashlight (it seems no one else has one of these)
holster and harness for carrying extra gear
10mm Pulse Laser Pistol + spare magazines

(recently bought, and to be picked up at the Thrill)
Masker Laser Rifle
Scope Kit
Torch
Laser sight for pistol
Light Level 2 EVA suit (black)
Mid-level PDA
Combat Harness (additional magazine capacity)

ShadesFox

Name: Kevin Melchiot
Species/race/Birth Planet: Anthro/Arcitc Fox/Alpha Centari
Sex: Male

S: 4
P: 4
E: 5
C: 5
I: 8
A: 5
L: 9

Trait: None

Appearance:
At 190cm Kevin is rather tall, but not nearly as strong as you would think.  He has thick grey fur and a really big tail.  Really freakishly big tail.

Clothing:
Not much.  Owns a few pants and shirts, some boots and one belt.  All with vendor logos.

History:
Somehow, Kevin isn't dead yet.  This is inspite of many attempts by fate to the contrary.  Between getting hit by a truck (which he now joks about being truck proof) any any number of times getting his tail stick in doors and elevators amongst other things (it is a wonder how he even keeps it (He says 'with shampoo, the way any other anthro should keep their tail")).

Most of his life was spent... somehow.  He just sort of did one thing after another and somehow he is where he is now.  Never makes any truely long term plans, though with a long term goal and smarts enough to figure out what to do next just in time you would think he did have a plan.

He came into a pile of cash and used it to live his dream, going to college to become a starship designer.  Fortunately, he was budget conscious enough to plan out for four years of college with his money.  Unfortunately, he was not reality savy enough to realize tha college actually takes 5 years these days.  Thus, his money ran out and now he is shooting for a spot salvaging ships.  He figured it would be a good way to get money and experience actually in a starship and taking them apart.

Trivia:
All of Kevin's cloths came from attending events sponsored by ship part vendors.

Skills:
Major: Starship Design, Invention
Minor: Eletronics, Mechanical

Funds: 542 (1242 starting + 2000 signing - 2700 shopping)

Stuff: basic toolkit (gear he gathered through college).
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Not that I'm trying to rain on your parade, Basilisk, but wouldn't it be better to wait until you got approval from the GM to start posting?

Unless Paladin PM'd you approval, of course. In which case, I'd like to know, so I can update the website...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lisky

he approved a while ago if the game actually opened up... like last Tuesday i believe it was

llearch n'n'daCorna

via PM? Or in this thread? I've looked, and I can't see any actual approval.

That may be just that I'm glancing over it, of course...

Lisky

by PM, i had to edit a few things in the original character idea, but yea, once we got things setup, he said it looked good, but he wasn't sure if the game was going to open or not

that bit about the new characters not having an interesting intro was probably directed at me, as i had a few ideas how to get me in without actually going through a secondary recruiting process

ShadesFox

I was curious about that too.  Oh well, just I have to wait the good old fashioned way X3
The All Purpose Fox

Paladin Sheppard

Bas Bas Bas.... Yes I did say it looked good in the PM, but I did not say you were in right there and then did I? I'm going to ask llearch to pull that post of yours for the moment.

Shadefox? You're in please sign the contract, add some initial funds to your character as well as the 2k starter. You'll also get a basic tool kit due to your skills.

ShadesFox

Acknowledged mission.  First post up along with funds and stuff added to character.
The All Purpose Fox

Lisky

oh... sorry, my bad, i thought when you said it looked good, you meant it was ready... sorry for jumping the gun a bit

that being the case, what do you need me to change around in the character?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nice post, Shades. I like the "not reading anything" touch. *grin*

ShadesFox

One COULD just say that they didn't read it, or one could have a bit of fun going about it.  I practically live for inserting phrases like that.
The All Purpose Fox