The Thrill of the Chase RP OOC (closed)

Started by Paladin Sheppard, August 03, 2008, 02:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Sheppard

Sorry for the delay people, I'm currently in the middle of a move from my unit back to my parents and its taking more time and effort than I thought.

Its also making me cranky so if I lash out at someone I'm sorry.

Basilisk I'll get back to you.

Lisky

don't worry about it, besides tuesday, i've been busy with classes, exams and papers... hope every thing is working out for you though i know how much moving sucks, as i've had to do it like 6 times in the last couple of years...  It's just short of impossible to keep a job here over summer...

it basically ruins at least a week... and you always take the expensive stuff in the first load, because you don't want compy, TV, laptop, and that kind of stuff stolen while your away...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Paladin Sheppard

Alrighty Bas you're in, but under your first warning ok? I only give out two before I kick someone, is that acceptable?

You also might want to add some weight cause a 193cm person weighing only 60kg isn't healthy even with the thin frame perk.

Also I'd bump a point or two into luck....No one should consider it a dumpstat.

So if you will want in sign the contract.

Lisky

alright, i'll go play around with a few things, maybe drop a point in one thing for that extra luck... and good call with the 60kg, i think i meant it to be 68 and clicked the 0 by mistake... (my old laptop had a tiny keyboard)

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Lisky

Sorry for the double post... but i'm still looking for what the signing bonus is... and haven't found a definitive number... also, what are the supplies that we need to get for ourselves, i'd assume most of that is covered in the contract... but since it hasn't really been specified anywhere i can see, it'd be good to know...

Paladin Sheppard

The signing bonus is 2K credits.

As for equipment a weapon and/or armor(EVA suit) is recommended, plus any upgrades to PDA or toolkits and weapon mods like sights and the like.

Paladin Sheppard

Shades do you mind editing your last post? Each of the three stores will have different stock available. I'll post them depending on who goes to what store.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Aww, man. You mean I'll have to whip up three more stores worth of content? :-/

(I'm kidding...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Lisky

soo, couple of questions about the available equipment... do you have a prefered color that people should wear for an EVA suit, or can we just go along and assume it's somewhat personalized if they already have one?

if we start with an EVA suit, what type is it (i'm assuming something like light level 1)

lastly, since Lucien does have some fair firearms training, he would probably know which would be the more accurate firearm, the AK or the Jagear? (he'd take the better weapon, and just because it's a higher price doesn't always make it a better weapon)

Paladin Sheppard

There are a few standard colourings for suits, those being: Orange, White, Olive Drab, Black, Brown, Red, and Blue. At higher levels starting at lvl 7 suits have adaptive camouflage and/or a selected colour.

EVA suits for those that start with the skill 'EVA proficiency' May have a lvl 1 Light, Medium or a Heavy suit.

As for the AK-201 vs the Jegaer ( >:3) The AK has the heavier round and higher accuracy as the current AKM, but not as high as the Jegaer which is slightly better at penetrating armor due to its higher velocity rounds.

Do note that they are not as fantastic at knocking down shields as fast as a laser. Where as a Railgun will rip through a lvl 1 suits shields in one 8 round burst. And well A lvl 1 suit wont even slow a plasma weapon down at all.

Do you wish to know more?

Lisky

besides the obvious of, on a scale of 1 to WERE ALL GONNA DIE, how evil is the pally feeling?  nothing seems to come to mind... though thanks for the info

Paladin Sheppard

Sorry to do this guys but I'm going into hospital tomorrow. I'm not sure how often I'll have access to a computer so as of tomorrow morning (Perth GMT+8) sometime I'll be putting the RP on a mini hiatus. I'll try at least once a week or every second week to post.

You are free to post while I'm not here just don't expect the storyline to move.

Again Sorry all for the interruption.

Lisky

shades, are you aware that your character has a question waiting on an answer?... and probably a chance for Kevin to avoid dislocating his shoulder when he first lets off a few rounds  >:3

ShadesFox

I was waiting for Pal to post, and Kevin is ignoring you yes ;p

Edit:
I suppose, I should elaborate.  Kevin doesn't care.  He got what he wants and is going to try it out.  We'll see what happens.  If he can't use it, meh.  This guy is NOT Aaron he doesn't have ANY sense of planning ahead.
The All Purpose Fox

Lisky

oh i know,  Lucien, who, if you notice in his character bio, is rather skilled with firearms... noticing a rather slim person trying to heft a weapon that, if not held properly,endangers everyone would trigger a reaction though... especially when a drum-fed shotgun is involved...

as you can imagine, pump action is bad enough that it can knock you on your ass, but with a fully automatic, it can knock you on your ass, and spin you around, spraying buckshot at anyone who happens to be unlucky enough to be in the path...
though given that a weapon like that will probably have some type of recoil control, maybe not that bad, but still, a good deal of kinetic energy will be exerted on the user... and it will be hilarious when it happens  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

I believe we're all waiting to see that. ;-]

Paladin Sheppard

Heh believe it or not hes picked the shotgun with the least recoil of them all :P

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh29-e.htm

This is what the AA-90 is based off.

If you nose around on Youtube you can find evidence of it being fired one handed....that's right a full auto shotty fired by one hand....

ShadesFox

See, there is a reason why Kevin has a luck of 9 ;p
The All Purpose Fox

Lisky

so, just out of curiosity, on a scale of 1 (pixie fairies and gumdrops) to 10 (eating babies and flaming eyebrows) how evil is pally planning on making our first encounter?

Paladin Sheppard

For me to know  >:3 and you my poor playthings, to find out.

Lisky

if that was meant to comfort one of your players... you have failed oh so miserably...

anyways... back to the game at hand, as soon as i finish up a little chat with keaton's character, i'll be set to go for whatever you have planned once were off the station

Lisky

yet another small question that just came to mind while going through the posts... do you want us to keep track of everything that changes on our character sheets in this forum? or is it being done by lleach on his server?

Paladin Sheppard

If you could kindly edit your sheets I would be grateful.

Paladin Sheppard

Lisky

well... that certainly is one way to shove us forward in the story...

Paladin Sheppard

What a suspicious mind you have there Bas  O:) That could be a totally innocent UNSF or merchant fleet out there.... 

Lisky

Launching fighters?  because obviously their guns are loaded with rainbows and gumdrops... with chocolate coated bunnies filling the bomb bays :U

sorry, couldn't help myself...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think Kevin might need some help.

I also suspect that Johnny is going to be needing to get out there on that shuttle earlier than we think. Or, at the very least, this particular trip isn't going to be anywhere near as quiet and peaceful as he was expecting...

I'm further guessing that this is a little nudge to us to hurry it up. ;-]

Oh, and Paladin? How big is that fleet?

ShadesFox

Aww... Kevin is stupid :<

And it looks like Nova is going to help him out ;p

The All Purpose Fox