Started by Archanon8957, July 25, 2008, 02:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

I think 2012 is when Alondro is going to execute his plan. >.> I'm onto you.

Brunhidden

and then alondo's plan interferes with inks plan, and the resulting scuffle alerts some other big nasties that just want to join in for fun
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Jairus

Oh great, they'll wake Cthulhu, won't they?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Brunhidden

Quote from: Jairus on August 13, 2008, 03:46:46 PM

who, sushi face? i think he has been taken care of in a not pretty manner, which is not comforting as it leaves whatever bumped him off to deal with

Jairus

Quote from: Brunhidden on August 13, 2008, 06:21:54 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 13, 2008, 03:46:46 PM

who, sushi face? i think he has been taken care of in a not pretty manner, which is not comforting as it leaves whatever bumped him off to deal with

So what could defeat Cthulhu? Oh, right... this guy.

Alondro

Global warming destroyed Cthulhu by causing a dinoflagellate bloom in the ocean where he dwelt!

GLOBAL WARMING CAUSES EVERYTHING BAD!!!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jairus

Quote from: Alondro on August 14, 2008, 04:08:44 PM
Global warming destroyed Cthulhu by causing a dinoflagellate bloom in the ocean where he dwelt!

GLOBAL WARMING CAUSES EVERYTHING BAD!!!

Be careful with that, that sounds like a memetic mutation in the works there.

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay, So the Planet X sites are run by a branch of wackos.  A dwarf star? that would too big not to be notice by someone, but they could right.. A few of extra-solar planets, new Jupiter size planets in other star system, have been find to have an wide elliptical orbits, so it is possible smaller planet could have a comet-like orbits.   

Yet  If a planet is on this way here, that it was the 4x times the earth size with very dark surface.  Then it could blindsided us by coming up from the south pole.  Even NASA has said this is possible.

www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/asteroids_miss_020319.html
www.space.com/scienceastronomy/asteroid_close_041222.html

Ancient civilization accounts..?
This is hard to find, I would like to say the Exodus(1550-1300), but the plagues of Egypt could have be just cause by a volcanic eruption.  The great Flood is more likely. Some have sited Sumerian's has having knowledge of Uranus and Neptune also have an account of a Planet X, Nibiru.  This is not held as creditable by the main scientific community.

PBH

Yugo

I vote Ragnarok. Then again, if the truth were democratic, things would be a lot more screwed up than they already are.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Rakala

Ragnarok? The death of the gods?

Brunhidden

Quote from: Yugo on August 15, 2008, 01:54:46 AM
I vote Ragnarok. Then again, if the truth were democratic, things would be a lot more screwed up than they already are.

one philosophy states that Ragnarök already happened, the legend itself stating that after the 'end of the world' a few humans survive, and then repopulate the world. also, two dead gods- the twins Baldur the beautiful and Hod the blind- also survive.

could it very well be that the entire Aesir mythology has already played out, and the twin gods have been recognized as different divine entities

Yugo

Either way, we'd better watch out for that three season long winter.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Mao

Pfft, sounds like your average year in Canada. :P  I still remember the day I saw it snow in earnest in July.  I've only seen it a few times in my life but I never cease to be amazed by it.  Though things like that lead to the many stereotypes that get on my nerves to no end.

Jairus

Quote from: Mowser on August 15, 2008, 05:51:47 PM
Pfft, sounds like your average year in Canada. :P  I still remember the day I saw it snow in earnest in July.  I've only seen it a few times in my life but I never cease to be amazed by it.  Though things like that lead to the many stereotypes that get on my nerves to no end.

Wot stereotypes are you talking aboot, Mowser, eh?

Prof B Hunnydew

Forget about 2012....

The way, the "Axis of Evil" seems to be raising up (Iran, North Korea, Venezuela and now Russia)
With The NATO being held hostage by Russia with Russian oil and gas.  USA bogged down in Iraq and it is threaten by Iran closing the Persian Gulf.  We can't do anything for Georgia. 

All we need now is another Israel-Arab war.  We are sunk

World War III is closing than ever.   

PBH

Zina

Quote from: Archanon8957 on July 25, 2008, 02:56:10 AM
Einstein said once that if all the worlds bees disappeared mankind would have 4 years to live. Well, 90% of them are missing...indeed, not dead, but missing. They have not been able to recover the bee bodies.

Source of this please.
I'm having a hard time believing that 90% of the world bees are currently missing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Personally, I'd like a source for the Einstein quote.

It wasn't really his field, but then, he was a very bright person... so knowing why and when he said it would be interesting.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rakala

Quote from: Zina on August 16, 2008, 10:44:38 AM
Einstein said once that if all the worlds bees disappeared mankind would have 4 years to live. Well, 90% of them are missing...indeed, not dead, but missing. They have not been able to recover the bee bodies.

Well one thing from the Bible says that when a man lays dead in the streets of Jerusalem for 3 days then rises up again that will be a signal of the end. Does that mean we're going to have a zombie apocalypse? I dunno what's going to happen. I think the way the end of the world should happen though is everybody is just dead. Nobody ever knows what hit them.

Jairus

Source of this please.
I'm having a hard time believing that 90% of the world bees are currently missing.

If you're missing some bees, I seem to have found them. Up in Davis where I live, I encounted two fairly big hives in one day... about thirty or forty feet apart. Now, my little brother is really really freaked out by bees (I know it's not funny to laugh, but even the idea of a bee being close makes him jumpy), but even that made me a little nervous.

Disappeared bees? Well, I can see why it'd be bad, especially since bees are so necessary for pollination, but really? Disappeared bees as a sign of the apocalypse? Maybe someone should make up a fake Nostradamus prediction and say that he predicted this, that'll get people interested. (If you can't pick it up, I think that Nostradamus was a load of BS.)

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Rakala on August 16, 2008, 10:53:09 AM
Well one thing from the Bible says that when a man lays dead in the streets of Jerusalem for 3 days then rises up again that will be a signal of the end. Does that mean we're going to have a zombie apocalypse? I dunno what's going to happen. I think the way the end of the world should happen though is everybody is just dead. Nobody ever knows what hit them.
ON BEES being missing===>Sweet honey bees

No During the Great Tribulation, It says that God's witnesses (two) will allow to be struck down by the Anti-christ, and will lay in the street of Jerusalem for 3 days.

Revelation 11:3-12 (King James Version)

3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.   4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.  5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.  6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.    7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.    8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.    9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.    10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.    11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.    12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

But Wormwood the "Star" should appear first and lay waste to a third of the Earth.  Rev ch 8:6-12

• 1st trumpet    Hail and fire will burn a third of the forests, and all the grass
  • 2nd trumpet    a mountain falls into the sea killing a third of the fish and destroying a third of the ships.
  • 3rd trumpet    a "star" would fall upon a third of the fresh water supply will be foul
  • 4th trumpet     a third of the sky will be darken from the fire and destruction which will burn of months
If planet X is true, then it is only thing in science that could do all these things to us.   

PBH

ShadesFox

Not sure about the Einstein quote, he usually get attributed with weird stuff.

Still, for the bees, do a google search for 'colony collapse disorder'.  It isn't the 90% claimed above, but last year in the US 40% of bee keepers reported losses of 75% or more of their colonies.  Survey this came from: http://beealert.blackfoot.net/~beealert/UpdatedSurveyResultsJune19_2007.pdf

There are some who are unsure if the bees can rebound, given a recent large die off due to the longer then normal winter and this mysterious disappearance.

PS:
Planet X has been throughly disproved.  The Nemesis star theory could still be right.
The All Purpose Fox

Zina

I know that the bees are disappearing, I just have a hard time believing 90% of the world bee population is missing.

Prof B Hunnydew

Nemesis

This link, I find interesting, because Dr Richard A. Muller comes across as open minded but he is also looking for real data and proof...  Still it is a big sky out there...

And I put the 90% as Media hipe...

PBH

ShadesFox

Quote from: Zina on August 16, 2008, 11:43:45 AM
I know that the bees are disappearing, I just have a hard time believing 90% of the world bee population is missing.

No one is sure of actual numbers really.  There are a lot of numbers out there but no one has crunched them.  Not for the lack of trying, but because crunching these numbers is hard work.  The bees will probably actually be 90% gone or completely back before they finish.

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on August 16, 2008, 11:53:05 AM
Nemesis

This link, I find interesting, because Dr Richard A. Muller comes across as open minded but he is also looking for real data and proof...  Still it is a big sky out there...

And I put the 90% as Media hipe...

PBH

If you are interested Richard Muller's physics lectures are on iTunes for free download.
The All Purpose Fox

Brunhidden

i recall it being between 1/3 and 1/2, although it may easily escalate to 2/3 from there i doubt it would go further

of course, the really puzzling thing is that the bee bodies are missing, if it were just heaps of dead bees outside the hives we would understand, but just vanishing? perhaps UFOs have learned all they can from anally probing humans and mutilating cows, and have moved on to stacking bees in large piles

Prof B Hunnydew

Missing Bee bodies is not hard to understand... If the bee are going out into the world to collect pollen and somehow "gets lost" and never makes it back to the homehive....which some people think may be the case of cell phone transmissions interfering with their navigation.  Who knows?   Yes, the bees do use the sun as a navigational tool, but what spectrum do they use during flights or do them have a compasses in their heads. 

PBH. 

Alondro

*Later, scientists seeking bee bodies find numerous messages in bee language*  So long and thanks for all the nectar.

*scientists on evening news* WE R TEH DOOMED!  D:

PS:  The two prophets are obviously symbols for the USA and Israel.  I mean, what other two nations would the rest of the world rejoice over if they were destroyed?   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zorro

Sorry wild bees are a major jogging hazard in Southern California, WHAT missing Bees?

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Zorro on August 19, 2008, 02:32:31 AM
Sorry wild bees are a major jogging hazard in Southern California, WHAT missing Bees?

Oh those are the african killer bee,  run  run ...

No seriously, it is tame honeybees, which are disappearing.  The beekeepers have a labor problem. 

Quote from: Alondro on August 18, 2008, 10:46:59 PM

PS:  The two prophets are obviously symbols for the USA and Israel.  I mean, what other two nations would the rest of the world rejoice over if they were destroyed?   :P

USA is hard to Fit into Bible prophecy, Many say She is the Mystery Babylon. 

Before the final Beast system rises and puts its mark on everyone (which is easily provable to happen at the start of the Great Tribulation, or 3½ years into the last 7 years), a nation called Babylon falls first.  This can only be the USA as Jeremiah 50, 51 and Isaiah 47, 48 and Rev 17, 18 point to as the only candidate that fits all the Scripture on Mystery Babylon. Now Revelation 17 and 18 specifically then must be dual, they speak of America and the entire later Mother Babylonian sytem. the ruling system of Babylon which has been used since Nimrob. This is why Rev 18 and 14 say "Babylon has fallen (1), has fallen (2)".  It's dual, and not limited to one fulfillment.  American, called technically a daughter of Babylon by Jeremiah and Isaiah, can only fall once.  Then the full and final embodiment of  Babylon, The Beast, will fall 3½ years later when Messiah vaporizes its armies.

The fact that most American homes have a copy of the Bible carries a responsibility.  We are the most religious and belief in God then any nation.  .  Russia, China and every other communist or Islamic nations keep out the Bible and persecute all Christians that try to proselytize.  Americans alone have the full scriptures and the free time and prosperity to study them and yet we do not, and instead we do heinous things and teach other nations to do the same. And then yell at other nations when they do the same as we do.

PBH

Vidar

Quote from: Alondro on August 18, 2008, 10:46:59 PM
*Later, scientists seeking bee bodies find numerous messages in bee language*  So long and thanks for all the nectar.

*scientists on evening news* WE R TEH DOOMED!  D:

PS:  The two prophets are obviously symbols for the USA and Israel.  I mean, what other two nations would the rest of the world rejoice over if they were destroyed?   :P

North Korea, Iran, and all other countries with unstable leaders that may have nukes?

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on August 19, 2008, 07:04:59 AM
USA is hard to Fit into Bible prophecy, Many say She is the Mystery Babylon. 

Before the final Beast system rises and puts its mark on everyone (which is easily provable to happen at the start of the Great Tribulation, or 3½ years into the last 7 years), a nation called Babylon falls first.  This can only be the USA as Jeremiah 50, 51 and Isaiah 47, 48 and Rev 17, 18 point to as the only candidate that fits all the Scripture on Mystery Babylon. Now Revelation 17 and 18 specifically then must be dual, they speak of America and the entire later Mother Babylonian sytem.  This is why Rev 18 and 14 say "Babylon has fallen (1), has fallen (2)".  It's dual, and not limited to one fulfillment.  American, called technically a daughter of Babylon by Jeremiah and Isaiah, can only fall once.  Then the full and final embodiment of  Babylon, The Beast, will fall 3½ years later when Messiah vaporizes its armies.

Yeah, biblical prophecy is nuts like that. It's also extremely open to interpretation, and that makes it kinda worthless. You never know if your interpretation of such a text is in any way, shape, or form correct.

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on August 19, 2008, 07:04:59 AM
<snip>
Americans alone have the full scriptures and the free time and prosperity to study them
<snip>

Please tell me you're not being serious here? No Christian denomination of any kind has ever had "the full scriptures". The King James version of the bible is not everything.
Watch this video:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-7560334588471801986

In the third or fourth century there was a rather vast cornucopia of Christian religious texts, often conflicting with each other. The church leaders decided to choose form those books which where the most consistent with each other, and where the least nuts. The result is the bible as it is today, more or less. Other edits were made after this.

Also, right now Europe is doing better than America in terms of economy and free time, and there's plenty of bibles lying around here. There's just less people here who think the world is going to end, or that revelations should be taken seriously.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</