07/18/08 [DMFA #923] - A genre savy villian

Started by thegayhare, July 18, 2008, 01:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Oh no! Hannah's dead again! (Deader? Un-undead?) Poor little bunny!  :cry

Jack McSlay

when you kill an undead, does it make it re-dead?

and he lied! didn't splatter.
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Akisohida

Usually I chase Charline away with my foxspidery goodness but..Jeeze, ever think of writing movie scripts? :P How long did that take to type, anyways?

Man, I hope she is not dead. I liked undead-bunny.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

rt

Nooo! The bunny, killed, err again, and in mid sentance. We can't even jump .. err make that push random spell fodder in the way to protect the bunny

Daymond42

Her tail and foot are still gone off missing, right? Shame she didn't get to find those.. ;.;

Mao

Good point, but not sure what they could have helped in this situation or what help they could yet be....

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Mowser on July 18, 2008, 10:10:24 AMGood point, but not sure what they could have helped in this situation or what help they could yet be....
could have helped dodging the spell

llearch n'n'daCorna

I find it a touch sad that Dan didn't get a leg over his shoulder, and still hasn't found a little tail.

*cough*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

moriar

I'm not sure that this is an entirely evil act by Dark Pegasus. He comments that some need to move on more that others.

Perhaps his original mistake with the Undead wasn't just to his own detriment, but to the detriment of those souls he bound to their corpses. If there was some nonobvious negative side effect to your soul being waylaid from continuing along its path, perhaps Dark Pegasus has figured that much out and wishes to correct it whenever possible.

MT Hazard

There's a song that would go well with this strip
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Jairus

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 18, 2008, 11:03:33 AM
There's a song that would go well with this strip

Really? What song is that, if I may inquire?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

MT Hazard

Well maybe the second panel only, I was thinking 'time to burn' but any similar song would do, DP could do his own version of 'Thriller' though, that would be fun.

thegayhare

Does anyone else think  it looks like the energy blast is coming from a key hole in DP's palm?

I think that's cool,  now I've got an idea for a school of magic based that.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: thegayhare on July 18, 2008, 11:42:12 AM
Does anyone else think  it looks like the energy blast is coming from a key hole in DP's palm?

I think that's cool,  now I've got an idea for a school of magic based that.

You mean with keyed magic?

thegayhare

well no I was thinking magic that was based around secrets, pathways, doors and locks.

the key hole would be a basic spell for channeling energy, like the palm blast from DP 

lock based spells could have to do with sealing something,  through a ritual spell you summon a key, and you can use that key to seal something away.  you have to have a specific target for the spell.  Like say you wanted to lock away a person's memories of a specific event you would summon a key just for that, you'd then have to bring the key into contact with them and lock it away.  after that the key is real and you'd need to use it again to break the seal.  Keys reflect what ever is sealed a key to some one's memory would look very different from the key to a demon.

pathway and door spells could range from transportation type spells to large scale keyhole magics

Lucheek

....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Hannah can't die.  :cry

I must think of a way that she could still be alive. When DP released her soul, it traveled to occupy the remaining in-tact part of her (her fluffy tail). So, she still lives...in the tail, but needs to be built a new metal body.

Yes...
Nobody point out the obvious problem in here. I want to beleive...!

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Lucheek on July 18, 2008, 01:13:32 PM....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Hannah can't die.  :cry

I must think of a way that she could still be alive. When DP released her soul, it traveled to occupy the remaining in-tact part of her (her fluffy tail). So, she still lives...in the tail, but needs to be built a new metal body.

Yes...
Nobody point out the obvious problem in here. I want to beleive...!
Amber already told that it coudn't be done because the spell frees the soul out of the undead body, but the thought crossed my mind really.

imagine how frustrating it would be to be a living foot :P

Mao

Or a hand like Thing from 'The Adams Family'.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 18, 2008, 01:43:41 PM
We could call her "Hopalong" ;-]

Hey kids! Meet the latest sensation from the makers of Griping Gertie! It's Hopalong Hannah! Yes, Hopalong Hannah, the hopping rabbit's foot. Now you can entertain yourself for hours on end with the severed foot of an undead rabbit!

Mao

But does it act as a good luck charm?

But does it blend?

Jairus

Quote from: Mowser on July 18, 2008, 01:50:13 PM
But does it act as a good luck charm?

But does it blend?

I'm glad you asked sir! Hopalong Hannah is made from only the luckiest of undead rabbits, ensuring that you will have tremendous luck while carrying her around with you! Here's an actual customer testimony:

QuoteAh bot that thur Hopalong Hennah, and my little piggy came back home after he'd done run away! Thanks, Hopalong Hennah!

And that's not all: act now, and we'll throw in a Perky Pegasus for free!

Ganurath

NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

MT Hazard

Looking back a few strips it seems Dan is indirectly responsible for the current re-dead bunny girl misfortune, if he hadn't challenged DP on his 'evilness' they could have made a break for it, oops :reaper

Lena

Part of me keeps saying I should feel bad for Hannah, but I just can't seem to get over how utterly awesome DP is in this strip. And the expo behind the spell just makes it cooler. (or hotter, as the case may be. :mowwink)
Maybe I'll feel bad for her after I get evilLena reigned in... :mwaha

Sunblink

Amber, for some reason your story makes me want to get a ball python.

Other than that note, I'm gawking in open disbelief. I'll come up with something more intelligible than "HANNAH! NOOOO!" later.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Angel

.....  'A' D:

R.I.P.A. (Rest In Peace...Again) Hannah the Amazon Bunny. The only whole parts of her we could find were her leg and fluffy tail. 

:grave

My inner storyteller does find it ironic that you killed the one who was already dead, Amber... I am honestly smirking through my initial sadness and shock.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

skarrbag

Don't Worry, Merrybell with bring Hannah back with her... *cough-choke-dies laughing*

Still, getting more worried for a certain green-spotted one D:

Tapewolf

Quote from: skarrbag on July 18, 2008, 04:28:28 PM
Still, getting more worried for a certain green-spotted one D:
I don't think she's undead.  Though I guess she might become plain dead during the DP smackdown  :<

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

skarrbag

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 18, 2008, 04:39:00 PM
I don't think she's undead.  Though I guess she might become plain dead during the DP smackdown  :<
Hence the worry X3 Dalmatians are too awesome to kill, especially green ones
*cough-bias-cough*