Sprocketsdance

Ooooo! Neat comic! I'll have to read it all when I'm not at work :animesweat 

As for the guest... I would guess.. Kipiru  :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Oh, they are actually credited - but I only noticed after making a list  :P
We have llearch, Jakob, Kipiru and Basilisk's dog, Duke.

I'm honoured.

Anyway, the only thing which is bugging me slightly is why Fa'Lina allows Theo to be stuffed in lockers.  Though I guess if it was significantly beneficial to either of them (building Theo's character, or making Felix stop when (s)he realises that doing that to a senior might be a Bad Thing) that would be enough to make her take a more hands-off approach.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 27, 2009, 05:18:25 AM
Oh, they are actually credited - but I only noticed after making a list  :P
We have llearch, Jakob, Kipiru and Basilisk's dog, Duke.

Oh! So there it is! There I go being unobservant again :animesweat

Tapewolf

Quote from: wuffnpuff on June 27, 2009, 06:11:33 AM
Oh! So there it is! There I go being unobservant again :animesweat

My list was wrong anyway - I thought I saw Beever as the lizard guy and I mistook Duke for Pagan's character.

Lisky

eh. i'm pretty sure the guy in the last pannen on the left is in fact Bas.  Judging by the colors, i'd say Whitefox added a little red and yellow, making Bas less natural colored, but the patterns seem about right, and there are credits in the top bar, just above the comic too.

That said, awesome work, i enjoy your style as always Whitefox... and the addition of cameos is always amusing.  I haven't seen this mentioned, but llearch is being held by a fox creature (probably cubi) in the first panel, i'm surprised no one has mentioned him, given that he was given credit at the top as well :P

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tapewolf

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on June 27, 2009, 08:30:12 AM
eh. i'm pretty sure the guy in the last pannen on the left is in fact Bas.
Ah.  I didn't know you'd actually created such a character.  llearch has been mentioned a couple of times, though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 27, 2009, 08:36:21 AM
Quote from: Basilisk2150 on June 27, 2009, 08:30:12 AM
eh. i'm pretty sure the guy in the last pannen on the left is in fact Bas.
Ah.  I didn't know you'd actually created such a character.  llearch has been mentioned a couple of times, though.

The first time was by me. ;-]

I'll admit it was a bit obscure, though.

WhiteFox

Just so people know, everyone appearing in the comic either have been particularly helpful to me, or are artists whose work I very much enjoy. I wish I had room for more.

Bas's colors are a little more dramatic because demons colourations are a little more... sinister then beings colors.

llearch: +10 pts for observation, and subtlety in posting. Yes, that's boxy with the two blonde foxy succubi.

Strictly speaking, that's not a cameo of Beever. Mostly, I wanted to draw a scaley anthro with an iguana-mohawk, cause I love that look. But I guess I can credit beev for the inspiration. So, cameo in spirit I guess.

As for Felix stuffing Theo into lockers... well, I never said Felix wasn't getting detention for it. There are other elements affecting the situation, however, which might be addressed later in the comic. (*Rereads archive.* Actually, I alluded to it earlier in the strip.)

(BTW: If anyone's worried about whether to call Felix a he or she, "he" or "him" works for now.)
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Kipiru

Being away for some time I just saw my cameo- awesome work there WF! Me likes. I'm flattered dude, honestly!

Beever

Wow, awesome shading  and great work! (btw the word 'awesome' seems to be pretty popular within these comments) :giggle

Don't know about that scaley anthro with an iguana-mohawk cameo you mentioned, but man I've never seen such a steady and fixed green back, up until now.Great motion  and  big thanks!

Will certainly have a closer look on it  in my Day Off.

PS. The Avatar, it's unique!

WhiteFox

DSOF 39

Quote from: WhiteFox on June 27, 2009, 01:14:09 PM
(BTW: If anyone's worried about whether to call Felix a he or she, "he" or "him" works for now.)

I must be out to sabotage myself.

Delays due to some experimentation with the process: needless to say, I had to take some time cleaning up the aftermath. #40 is still on schedule.

Extremely Geeky trivia:

Felix's clan symbol, displayed for the first time on Zu here, has a few sources. Most notably an Uncial A, and the phoenician Aleph that is it's precursor.

The letter A developed from the Egyptian hieroglyphic of an ox's head.

Theo's clan symbol is described as a "Broken Taurus", and is derived from the zodiac sign. Taurus being the Ox.

I swear all of this is coincidence.

(Also, I may have been reading one two many calligraphy books.)
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhiteFox on July 06, 2009, 08:57:21 PM
Felix's clan symbol, displayed for the first time on Zu here, has a few sources. Most notably an Uncial A, and the phoenician Aleph that is it's precursor.

And I thought it was based off the ampersand...

techmaster-glitch

For some reason, I just -love- this particular Warp-Aci.  >:3

WhiteFox

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 08, 2009, 04:01:55 PM
And I thought it was based off the ampersand...

You just had to point that out. Now I'm not going to be able to see anything else.

There's subtle differences, but... aw, who am I kidding. They're subtle.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 08, 2009, 04:16:24 PM
For some reason, I just -love- this particular Warp-Aci.  >:3

Zu's fun to draw. I need to get a little more diligent about coloring Warp-Aci properly, tho.

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhiteFox on July 08, 2009, 08:30:02 PM

You just had to point that out. Now I'm not going to be able to see anything else.
Ooops...

WhiteFox

Page 40! Whoo! *Confetti*

DSOF #40

"Nmemograph" being a word I made up for a recorded memory.

So, I lost the hardcopy for the comic and didn't find it until today. Then I was somewhat alarmed to realize that today happened to be Friday.

I'm kinda proud that I got the page cleaned up and colored in one evening. It didn't any less time then usual (I even made the extra effort to try and color Zu the way Warp-Aci are supposed to look), which was about five hours, but I'm not usually able to do an entire page in one sitting.

llearch n'n'daCorna

heh. Another shot of Felicia with her busted shirt... ;-]

btw, "commit" has two m's in it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 11, 2009, 05:03:45 AM

Also, there's a word missing in panel 2.

WhiteFox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 11, 2009, 05:03:45 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 11, 2009, 07:36:36 AM
Also, there's a word missing in panel 2.

Arrgh... Thanks for pointing that out.

Fixed.

ChaosMageX

Is Felicia a hermaphrodite or just a gender-confused shape shifter?

Icon by Sunblink

WhiteFox

Quote from: ChaosMageX on July 15, 2009, 08:21:50 PM
Is Felicia a hermaphrodite or just a gender-confused shape shifter?

Good question.

At this point in the story it's not really know.

WhiteFox

DSOF #41

Comic done. Finally.

I am... seriously cutting down on excessive cleavage and quasi-nudity in this comic.

Kipiru

Quote from: WhiteFox on July 18, 2009, 12:33:26 AM
I am... seriously cutting down on excessive cleavage and quasi-nudity in this comic.

Just not in this page  :mowmeep

techmaster-glitch

I'm not hearing any complaining from anywhere... >:3

WhiteFox

Quote from: Kipiru on July 18, 2009, 12:40:34 AM

Just not in this page  :mowmeep

This is the cut down version.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 18, 2009, 01:44:02 AM
I'm not hearing any complaining from anywhere... >:3

Well, I'm only cutting down on excessive cleavage.

Two things in I had in mind when I started this comic:
-No PG13 nudity.
-Sometimes, people are naked. It happens, that's life.

But, you know, Jade's been in more comics nude then clothed (8 to 12, or something like that). That's a bit much.

LionHeart

I don't see it as that big a problem, really.

After all, Jade has a legitimate reason to not wear clothing. It's not like it's done purely for the sake of it.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

WhiteFox

DSOF #42, at last.

Reasons for delay are legion.

I need to plan my characters colors better... Light-and-dark outfits  never work on either light or dark backgrounds.

WhiteFox

DSOF #43

As a note, the last law of magic on the list is the "Tautological Principal of Ontology". 5 internet bucks for the best guess of what that means.

I'm kind of mixed about this one. There's a lot of... weirdness in the art, but there are some things I really like too.

Comment and critique very much appreciated, as ever.

SpottedKitty

Didn't notice the last couple of pages appear.

Heh, got a good laugh out of the "not a morning person" bit. Jade looks so cute in a showing-fangs yawn.

And as ever, the explanatory diagrams are fun as well as informative. Theo's dad seems to be just as good as Fa'lina at the "summon big sketchpad" spell...
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.