A Special Appearance by Amber at Anthrocon

Started by Rafe, June 25, 2008, 04:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

I just thought I'd let everyone know that, if everything goes as planned, Amber will be helping out with the fun at the event listed in the program as as "Furs in Heaven, Furs in Hell", which is scheduled just before lunch (starting at 10:30 am) on Saturday, in the "Pennsylvania" Room.

The show will be under the direction (well, kinda) of David Hopkins of Jack, so his wife and collaborator Katie will be there too.  The spooky part is that, Candy Dewalt, artist/author of Vinci and Arty is also planning to be there, which means that the long prophesied "Apocalypse of Cuteness", where Katie, Candy and Amber appear in the same place could indeed happen.

Be there to witness it.  It will be amazing, I'm sure.
Rafe

techmaster-glitch

llearch n'n'daCorna

Someone take pictures.

If you survive, you can take out others with diabetes just by showing them the pics. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

James StarRunner

Heheh... Still remember seeing Tapewolf take a picture of a box for you last year. :P

Rafe

Well, it did happen.  The forum/panel thing went off extremely well, although not as I expected.  David and Katie Hopkins, along with Candy and Ryan "Vinci and Arty" Dewalt were up front running the show.  Amber had made a whole series of her wonderful stick puppets, including one of Vinci, Jack, Central, and the Lou the cat - (the demon of loneliness and shame, who's mom is not a whore). 

The original idea was to have  them appear during the panel for some puppet show fun, but Amber couldn't wait to get them out and show them off , and David and Candy proudly ensconced them at their dealer room tables. 

Without a puppet show to improvise, Amber decided to contribute to the fun by going to the back of the assembled crowd, and constantly heckling everyone.  It was a much better and more entertaining plan than the original one.  I"ll see if I can come up with some pictures and/or video.  If anyone else has any, go ahead and post them. 

Thanks to everyone who showed up.
Rafe

Damaris

There is nothing Amber is better at then heckling.  I wish I could have been there to see that. :)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hot damn.

Wish I'd been there. A good heckler makes for great entertainment.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Saist

it was a hoot. I caught some of it on my cell phones video.  Chaos (Amber's canadian friend), Shades, I, and um... somebody else... I forget who... had a lot of fun out of it...

including getting out of our chairs and doing pushups in the back of the room.

Sunblink

Aw man, I missed it :C It would've been cool to see, but I think my mom would have been fairly traumatized by the glory that is Jack.

I did print out a relatively PG-13 arc for her to see, though, and she loved it.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Alondro

I was in the dealer's room for most of the convention. 

For the company!   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Chaos

It was rather a fun con. The panel itself was indeed a highlight. I found it rather amusing that Amber, part way through, stole Hopkin's tie, and didn't give it back till the next day. She did indeed look rather snappy in that tie.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Chaos on July 03, 2008, 01:59:06 AM
It was rather a fun con. The panel itself was indeed a highlight. I found it rather amusing that Amber, part way through, stole Hopkin's tie, and didn't give it back till the next day. She did indeed look rather snappy in that tie.

You mean this tie?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/con/ac08/s7300292a.jpg

I was wondering where that came from...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Timothy

hehe cute ... I had always wondered what the mow hat would look like too.
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

skarrbag

Chaos, Tiki Man, Amber, all of you guys, just have to say, you made AC, especially the last day or two, that much beyond awesome. XD
And now after the poking to come I shall lurk here more activly o_o
*lurklurklurks untill worn out*

Tapewolf

Quote from: skarrbag on July 04, 2008, 12:14:36 PM
Chaos, Tiki Man, Amber, all of you guys, just have to say, you made AC, especially the last day or two, that much beyond awesome. XD
Hi Ash,
Always cool to randomly run into a fellow countryman.  And I'm glad to hear you apparently had as much fun as everyone else.

skarrbag

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 04, 2008, 12:26:34 PM
Hi Ash,
Always cool to randomly run into a fellow countryman.  And I'm glad to hear you apparently had as much fun as everyone else.
Oh crickey Tapewolf, likewise! It's always amusing just how many of us Brits turn up at AC each year, there should be a UK AC Survivor club or something of that ilk!
Oh heck yes, this has to be the best AC I've hadso far, and ironically the least planned! (Were it not for a last night intervention, I'd have slept on the street had to find somewhere to sleep XD
Still in awe somewhat, have to admit.

Sofox

Hey Ash. How's it going?
You were pretty cool at the con, I enjoyed talking to you.

skarrbag

Quote from: Sofox on July 04, 2008, 03:16:28 PM
Hey Ash. How's it going?
Heyyy, things are good, getting geared up for the next bunch of insanity X3 Thee? :3
Eh, I only reflect other peoples coolness :3

Rafe

Quote from: Sofox on July 04, 2008, 03:16:28 PM
Hey Ash. How's it going?

One of the best moments was Sofox standing up on his chair in the middle of the "zoo", and shouting "WHO WILL WRESTLE SOFOX ?!"

No one came forward to do so, but a number of fursuiters seemed to be attracted to commotion, sensing something important was going on.  Spontaneous loud declarations can be fun.  Yes. 
Rafe

thegayhare

Quote from: skarrbag on July 04, 2008, 12:14:36 PM
And now after the poking to come I shall lurk here more activly o_o
*lurklurklurks untill worn out*

Hey Ash It was nice to meet you... and thanks for the detective Idea

*grins*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rafe on July 04, 2008, 10:56:50 PM
No one came forward to do so, but a number of fursuiters seemed to be attracted to commotion, sensing something important was going on.  Spontaneous loud declarations can be fun.  Yes. 
Oh yes, I'd forgotten that.  He was bribed into doing it, BTW.

I had hoped that one of the fursuiters would wrestle him and got my camera ready, but sadly nothing came of it.

Sofox

Quote from: skarrbag on July 04, 2008, 06:32:23 PM
Heyyy, things are good, getting geared up for the next bunch of insanity X3 Thee? :3
Eh, I only reflect other peoples coolness :3
Eh, going all right.
The rest of the Summer for me consists of staying at home and working on my dissertation so not the most sociable but I get by and I'm making good progress. Meeting all you guys at Anthrocon was awesome, I still can't describe how great it was talking with everybody. It's nice just thinking back to it.

Chaos

You had some pretty good projection on that. Almost sounded like a professional wrestler. Second coolest thing at the con. First coolest was finding zero degrees of separation to my Irish Friend. That was awesome.

skarrbag

Quote from: thegayhare on July 05, 2008, 09:40:05 AM
Hey Ash It was nice to meet you... and thanks for the detective Idea

*grins*
"All the bad guys fear Detective Cuthulu.. Hell, even the good guys fear Detective Cuthulu!"
X3

Quote from: Sofox on July 05, 2008, 11:02:19 AM
Eh, going all right.
The rest of the Summer for me consists of staying at home and working on my dissertation so not the most sociable but I get by and I'm making good progress. Meeting all you guys at Anthrocon was awesome, I still can't describe how great it was talking with everybody. It's nice just thinking back to it.
Oh dog, I know exactly whatcha mean, it's pretty mjuch back to 14 hours a day next week for me too :/ Still, your right, remembering it makes for warm fuzzys :3