The DMFA Radio Project

Started by Tezkat, July 08, 2006, 04:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

As an experiment I've strung together all the currently existing test clips of the SAIA arc.
Excluding Fa'Lina's puppet sequence, Pip's conscience and some of Photophie's lines (all of which are currently missing clips from the VAs) but including a short introduction sequence, it's running for just shy of 28 minutes (#481-545), so it's most definitely going to have to be done in two parts.

I'm thinking it might be an idea to break around 21:00, which is Vol #529.  Any better suggestions for a dramatic break point?

P.S. If anyone knows how to get hold of Tezkat, please do - otherwise I'm going to have to use my own Jyrras voice.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Hilary

I agree with your choice of #529. It's a little more dramatic if you break it at #528, but I think it's better to have 529 grouped with 528. It makes more sense to me that way.

James StarRunner

I'll have a good deal of time to get Tara to record stuff during the holidays. As for Tez... well, my computer is too injured to even think about reaching him via Second Life. Last time I tried, I think I did permanent damage to my machine.

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on December 11, 2006, 01:16:16 PM
I'll have a good deal of time to get Tara to record stuff during the holidays.

Great.  It would be nice if you can get as much of the current arc as possible (remember, Danielle's thoughts should be done in Dan's voice, i.e. you - it's what she says out loud that we need Tara for) but I also need her lines for the SAIA arc - #481 in particular.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, yes. *updates scripts* (yesterday, in case anyone was wondering)

I try to update them on a weekly basis, mind. Sundays, usually. But it varies. If anyone has urgent requirements, drop me a line, etc etc.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

insanekaosx

Hmm... what's Taz's name on SL, I could take a poke on here and there to see if he's on

Tapewolf

Quote from: insanekaosx on December 11, 2006, 06:43:12 PM
Hmm... what's Taz's name on SL, I could take a poke on here and there to see if he's on

I've not been on SL, but I'm guessing he's probably 'tezkat'.  Assuming he still goes there.

insanekaosx

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 12, 2006, 05:31:07 PM
Quote from: insanekaosx on December 11, 2006, 06:43:12 PM

I've not been on SL, but I'm guessing he's probably 'tezkat'.  Assuming he still goes there.

Well, I assumed Tezkat, but I don't know enough abotu SL yet to know if I can go based on just first name alone

Hilary

Uh, ignore this for the moment. :animesweat

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

xHaZxMaTx

Well she said 'for the moment' so I would assume that she'll be editing it to say something useful sometime in the near future. :P

Hilary

Indeed I did... though now I'll just make it a new post. The links went wierd and I had to upload them again... :animesweat Ta-da.

http://rapidshare.com/files/7542393/Destania701_704.wav.html

I did 'Oh Alexsi, I'm sure the inn is fine' a couple of different ways. I wasn't sure whether she was being dismissive or reassuring.

http://rapidshare.com/files/7542394/Destania712_718.wav.html

*looks awkward* Right as I was about to say '*Ahem,*' the heater cut on, which makes an annoying buzz in the background. I'll do it when it cuts off again... :sweatdrop

Tapewolf

Finally got around to checking Hilary's recording.  Pretty good overall - better still when slowed down slightly, which helps increase her apparent age.  It does seem to be suffering from room echo though.  Is there any chance you could try using the "bedsheet trick"?

Tapewolf

Just a quick clip to keep things ticking over:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dmfa_697.wav.mp3

I don't have Marin's version of Fi yet, so I did it myself.  Jack, if you're still up for Pyroduck, some recordings from this arc would be very handy, since I've already got Mab's voice up to #707..

llearch n'n'daCorna

*updates scripts*

Just sayin...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 17, 2006, 01:18:47 PM
*updates scripts* Just sayin...

Keep it up.. it proved a great timesaver on the Merbel recording.

Tezkat

Sorry, I haven't yet had a chance to listen to many of the recordings posted since while I was away (er... how long has it been now?), but I'm sure it's all as good as it always is. As for me... um... well... my net access will be spotty at best over the next month, and I probably won't have access to my mic until the end of January in any event. So... no new recordings from me until then.  :mowsad I'll fish through my little archive here to see if I can't find some unposted recordings you can use for the current arc.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to you all!
:xmastree :mowcookie

EDIT:

Quick update...

I manged to locate some old clips of Jyrras for comics 520 to 522 in my stash. It's not the greatest recording, and I sorta flubbed a line, but I won't be able to redo it tillI I get home. It's completely unprocessed (no noise removal, compression, EQing, etc.) since I don't have the tools to do that on this box.

Anyways... I have a flight to catch.  :mowdizzy See you next year! :kittycool
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on December 25, 2006, 09:01:47 PM
Sorry, I haven't yet had a chance to listen to many of the recordings posted since while I was away (er... how long has it been now?), but I'm sure it's all as good as it always is.

Oh my God.. he's alive!  That's probably the one of the best Christmas presents I could hope for.. :P

QuoteAs for me... um... well... my net access will be spotty at best over the next month, and I probably won't have access to my mic until the end of January in any event. So... no new recordings from me until then.

Well, as long as they turn up eventually  >:3  In dire emergency I can wing Jyrras, which would probably suffice to space out the recording until I get the final version but the missing Dr. Ink voices would be very, very hard.  Marin has fallen to the procrastination bug and I need to bug Blade about Fa'Lina again but I can probably start assembling the SAIA arc.

QuoteI'll fish through my little archive here to see if I can't find some unposted recordings you can use for the current arc.
That's greatly appreciated... thanks.  Happy holidays

Fex

Man this is so cool I love this radio program

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fex on December 27, 2006, 12:42:19 PM
Man this is so cool I love this radio program

Thanks.  When I get back home I'll try and start final production of the SAIA arc.  Hopefully the missing segments will be roughly as long as my stand-ins otherwise it'll be razorblade time  :erk

**EDIT**
..and James, please try to get some of the Alexsi recordings if at all possible :)

Fex

I have been listening to the story's and I wonder is it me or do all femal have almost the same voice and sometimes they have a male voice

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fex on December 28, 2006, 12:21:29 AM
I have been listening to the story's and I wonder is it me or do all femal have almost the same voice and sometimes they have a male voice

James has a reasonably up-to-date cast list here:
http://www.crystaltopia.com/DMFA%20Stuff.htm

As you can see, voice actresses are somewhat thin on the ground but apart from cases where the gender of the character is unclear or test recordings where we've used a stand-in to get the timings right, we do try to use a distinct voice for each character.

Blazehawk

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 28, 2006, 12:57:57 PM
Quote from: Fex on December 28, 2006, 12:21:29 AM

As you can see, voice actresses are somewhat thin on the ground but apart from cases where the gender of the character is unclear or test recordings where we've used a stand-in to get the timings right, we do try to use a distinct voice for each character.

Heeey...how come I'm not on it?  :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Seraline on December 28, 2006, 06:25:02 PM

Because it's not that up-to-date.
Now http://dmfa.it-he.org on the other hand.. didn't have you either.   :erk  Fixed now.. 

Memo to self:
(1) Check cast list is accurate on main page
(2) Add casts for missing arcs
(3) Update master copy on home machine when I get home

I don't have the archives with me.. did you ever record Aary's voice for the 'Recipe of Disasters' arc?  That one could seriously use a revamp now we've settled on Mab and Aary.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*adds page to the wikuwiki about the radio play*

RJ

Tapewolf

Quote from: RJ on December 28, 2006, 11:18:42 PM
Aww, where am I on the cast?

The main page lists the cast for arcs which have a published recording, owing to lack of Dan voices I haven't put together any of yours yet, I'm afraid.  When I get home I'll give the cast section a good going-over.
James' page lists the entire cast but is not as up-to-date as I first thought.

(4)Add RJ and any other SAIA cameos/extras

Blazehawk

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 28, 2006, 07:04:23 PM
Quote from: Seraline on December 28, 2006, 06:25:02 PM

Because it's not that up-to-date.
Now http://dmfa.it-he.org on the other hand.. didn't have you either.   :erk  Fixed now.. 

Memo to self:
(1) Check cast list is accurate on main page
(2) Add casts for missing arcs
(3) Update master copy on home machine when I get home

I don't have the archives with me.. did you ever record Aary's voice for the 'Recipe of Disasters' arc?  That one could seriously use a revamp now we've settled on Mab and Aary.
Thankies.  :3 And no, I don't believe I have...what strips are those again?  :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Seraline on December 30, 2006, 02:30:10 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf link=topic=465.msg75776#msg75776
I don't have the archives with me.. did you ever record Aary's voice for the 'Recipe of Disasters' arc?
Thankies.  :3 And no, I don't believe I have...what strips are those again?  :B

Well, the entire thing is quite long, but the existing recording runs from 274-292 inclusive.  Aary's part in the arc as a whole starts from 256, and her role in the arc itself ends at 315.

In conclusion: 256-315 would be nice, but we could get away with 274-292 for now.  :)

James StarRunner

I... so... fail...

I know I must really update the cast list again. School kinda took over and then I went home for the holidays. I also failed to realize that my dad's computer didn't have a microphone, so I was unable to get any new Alexi lines while I've been here.