Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {02}

Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 14, 2007, 08:05:01 PM
I never said they weren't funny. I just imagined that if a GM is asking for something, the players should be nice and actually be serious for him.

I figured Ryudo would specify if he wanted serious names or otherwise - and if he wanted serious names, he'd have provided more detail. Or objected to the names provided, in which case I would have provided a different set.

Having said that, I'm hardly ever serious for anyone. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

We seem to be stalled on Arc.  With all due respect to him, would it be worth editing the post so that Dorcan has asked the head of the reinforcements instead?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcalane

*ahem* Probably better to ask the head anyway, yeah.

I have been... somewhat distracted by the Hellgate Alpha/Beta. ;)

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 15, 2007, 04:44:08 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 14, 2007, 08:05:01 PM
I never said they weren't funny. I just imagined that if a GM is asking for something, the players should be nice and actually be serious for him.

I figured Ryudo would specify if he wanted serious names or otherwise - and if he wanted serious names, he'd have provided more detail. Or objected to the names provided, in which case I would have provided a different set.

Bringing a bit of funny to the table is always acceptable.  It helps keep tension all nice and broken up.  Heck, I even encourage it.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 15, 2007, 04:44:08 AM
Having said that, I'm hardly ever serious for anyone. ;-]

I never noticed.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

What's the leader's rank?  It feels a bit clumsy having to call him 'the leader of the reinforcements' all the time, when Dorcan can probably see his name and rank from the uniform.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"boss" ? ;-]

... no, hang on. That's Exo, isn't it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 18, 2007, 02:06:56 PM
"boss" ? ;-]
... no, hang on. That's Exo, isn't it?

That's part of the problem.  Exo was the leader until the new guys turned up.  He might still be the leader, this is unclear.

Ryudo Lee

Darn you picky people... making me come up with details and stuff.

*Throws a dart at a list of ranks* Sergeant.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on September 18, 2007, 04:16:03 PM
Darn you picky people... making me come up with details and stuff.   *Throws a dart at a list of ranks* Sergeant.

Ta.  I might go back and edit some of my posts to reflect that.

Azlan

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on September 18, 2007, 04:16:03 PM

*Throws a dart at a list of ranks* Sergeant.

Best be careful with that, last time I tried that method, I ended up with Hip-hop freestyle grand marshal of funk.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

techmaster-glitch

Arrgh. As some of you might have noticed, my regular log on schedual has been cut recently. And this isn't the first time it's bit me in the ass. *sigh* I'm working on the problem...but I don't have much hope.
Thus, a conversation happened while i was away, and didn't get to do what I was planning with Jexx. Oh well. I've improvised and possibly made something new. But it doesn't matter much to me anymore

And argh again. I've run into yet more problems. Basically, worst-case scenario; No one will see a glimpse of me for a week. It might turn out that way, might not. Oh life, why must you torment me?

Arcalane

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 18, 2007, 02:06:56 PM
"boss" ? ;-]

"Big Cheese"? :P

Consider him (Exo) to be puttering around the camp doing odds and ends. As it is his presence would be unnecessary on the recon and he's about as subtle as a clown in a mime convention most of the time, apart from that little intro. A bunch of soldiers and labcoated nerds and our assortment of oddjobs (and no I do not mean small men with razor-rimmed bowler hats) is bad enough without a warbot bouncing along behind them, eh? ;)

lucas marcone

But tech some of us would view a life as being a good thing! It keeps you just insane enough for the forums.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: lucas marcone on September 18, 2007, 09:38:15 PM
But tech some of us would view a life as being a good thing! It keeps you just insane enough for the forums.
Not my life :cry
What's going in is very slightly connected to the fact that I'm schedualing a session with my counselor, whom I haven't needed to visit in almost half a year :<
But that's not the reson why I might not be seen for awhile.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Arcalane on September 18, 2007, 09:36:14 PM
... (and no I do not mean small men with razor-rimmed bowler hats)

Ooo! Ooo! Ryudo, can I start a character? Please?

... no? Awwww.

Ryudo Lee

llearch n'n'daCorna

*muahahahahahahahaha*

*cough* sorry, my megalomania got out of hand for a second. ;-]

Ryudo Lee

Whenever you guys are ready to go, those 5 soldiers will go with you.

Arcalane

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on September 19, 2007, 05:16:30 PMOh dear god no.

Awww come on, you have to admit a vertically challenged man who had a boomeranging razor-rimmed bowler hat would make a pretty good comic relief character. Plus he could be surprisingly effective, capable of distracting our foes with his apparent uselessness and small stature, only to unleash his deadly hat! :U

Ryudo Lee

Don't take this the wrong way but...

:kittyno

Hey llearch, I think there should be more smileys for "no".

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, I think it could be done well.

Just not by me. ;-]

As far as the smileys go, what would you suggest?

Ryudo Lee

More like the "kitty no" that I used, maybe a couple of "wtf. no." pictures.

Tapewolf

Ryudo Lee

So far it looks like the active lineup is Tape, lucas, and tech.  If Az is still hanging around it wouldn't hurt for him to toss in his $0.02.  Arc hasn't made a post in the IC thread since the 4th, and is hunnydew away or something?  And what about boogey?  Haven't seen an IC post from him since the 7th.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on September 24, 2007, 09:26:42 AM
So far it looks like the active lineup is Tape, lucas, and tech.  If Az is still hanging around it wouldn't hurt for him to toss in his $0.02.  Arc hasn't made a post in the IC thread since the 4th, and is hunnydew away or something?  And what about boogey?  Haven't seen an IC post from him since the 7th.

Dunno about the others, but Morgan already said he was ready to go.  I'm not sure Sally was intending to go on the mission herself.... actually, was that supposed to be mandatory, or did you have a backup plotline for those who remain behind?

Ryudo Lee

It's not mandatory but it helps, y'know?  I'll come up with something for those that stay behind... eventually.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hunnydew is posting in the Castle thread, so she's around somewhere.
Boogey last logged in today. No excuses for him there.

Arc said something about being distracted, as I recall, although that may have been on IRC. Want me to enquire next time I see him?

Azlan

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on September 24, 2007, 09:26:42 AM

I prefer not to post when I haven't anything to say... a lot is going on that Morgan is not paying attention to at the moment and as much as I would like to add input, it is rather out of character for him.

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 24, 2007, 11:01:19 AM
Arc said something about being distracted, as I recall, although that may have been on IRC. Want me to enquire next time I see him?

That would be helpful.  Thanks.

Quote from: Azlan on September 24, 2007, 12:26:44 PM
I prefer not to post when I haven't anything to say... a lot is going on that Morgan is not paying attention to at the moment and as much as I would like to add input, it is rather out of character for him.

In reality, I just want to know that people are still there and watching what's going on.  When there's no posts from people in more than a few days I begin to wonder if people are losing interest or something.  Know what I mean?

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay, I will post something but I was still trying to think what is this chip suppose to do if it is not receiving  a Brotherhood signal... Nothing? or  Forces the victim to go Feral state and/or make them seek with nearest Brother tower. 

We have the lab coats, Bill, the security guard, and my friend Chad Westling...  Do I want him see the news? 

And Babs   DO we want her want while the boys take on the shed?  Will anything bad happen to her if the signal is cut off?  or worst boosted by accident?

PBH