05/07/08 [DMFA #901] - Not Thinking.

Started by AndersW, May 07, 2008, 03:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowtini

Aliyka... Ah Like yeh. You're ALMOST as impulsive as me.

e_voyager

i so sympathize with her. i don't like to think before acting it makes me worry
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Akisohida

Ohh pooh. Amber smited down my 'Not Aliyka' idea. ;.;
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

BarGamer

*Sobs for almost a whole page before Amber makes it all better.* Altho, now I'm waiting to see who has the more awesome face: Today's Abel, or tomorrow's (or whenever) Dan. XDDD

Valynth

Quote from: Teroniss on May 07, 2008, 09:22:17 PM
Quote from: Tycoon on May 07, 2008, 09:18:25 PM

If Hannah isn't entirely vanquished, I suppose this means that the brain must be crushed or some such to totally eliminate one of the undead.

She could also be a vampire type undead, what with the lack of rotting skin and other zombie traits

Where's the "THERE ARE NO VAMPIRES IN THIS COMIC, MORON!" emoticon?...  Or are we getting to that?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Starcat5

Quote from: Valynth on May 08, 2008, 12:03:16 AM

If Hannah isn't entirely vanquished, I suppose this means that the brain must be crushed or some such to totally eliminate one of the undead.

She could also be a vampire type undead, what with the lack of rotting skin and other zombie traits

Where's the "THERE ARE NO VAMPIRES IN THIS COMIC, MORON!" emoticon?...  Or are we getting to that?

Just link to the comic in which a dragon sat on them all. That'll keep `um quiet for a few minutes.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

thegayhare

most Undead in DMFA don't rot.  The reason you see bones and such on the undead is because they don't heal either.  they tend to clean out any wounds and repair them as best they can by removing damaged flesh.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: terrycloth on May 07, 2008, 07:15:32 PM
And did anyone else think Dan suddenly grew a goatee in panel 2?
That's no goatee, look at the last panel, the hair has swung a little farther forward.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

TheAuldGrump

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 07, 2008, 05:39:45 PM
Quote from: ChainmailYaoi on May 07, 2008, 04:52:45 PM
Could Hannah become undead? She was decapitated and you nead a head to be undead.
You need a whole head to be undead.  Whether just the head will work remains to be seen.  On the other hand, being just a disembodied head would kind of suck.
I ain't got no body!

The Auld Grump, because some things just have to be done. :P

RyuuYareYare

That stupid bird. why would a guard will be weiring a dress and saving others huh? :bunnycry

kaskar

8) Flashbacks seem to haunt all in these clips. Notice how even even  the vigilanti peacekeeper has had one ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Kuari

You know, I was wondering why the bunny seemed to lack blood...  the undead thing would explain it if Amber isn't pulling our leg.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kuari on May 08, 2008, 04:25:17 AM
You know, I was wondering why the bunny seemed to lack blood...  the undead thing would explain it if Amber isn't pulling our leg.
Interestingly, that hasn't clicked with Dan.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jack McSlay

I'm surprised nobody said this yet.

- Fluffy, what does the counter say about our comic count?
- It's over NINE HUNDREEEEEEED!!!!!
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Amber Williams

I dont really feel comfortable putting blood in DMFA main comic.  I was going to add it, but felt it would be a bit too gorey and graphic.  So the reason is more artistic preference than anything worthwhile speculatory-wise.

Victoire Épique

Tch, I wanted a booyah thread...
Oh well.

I somehow doubt Amber would pull our collective leg about something like that.

Edit: Guh, late. Should have posted before running off to eat dinner.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Victoire Épique on May 08, 2008, 05:41:26 AM
Oh well.

Yeah. Booyah threads come with free, only-one-owner booyah bans from the manglement. Probably better you avoid the subject entirely.

Quote from: Jack McSlay on May 08, 2008, 05:38:17 AM

That's because it's been done to death, and we're all heartily sick of it.

YMMV, of course.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Victoire Épique

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 08, 2008, 05:54:33 AM
Quote from: Victoire Épique on May 08, 2008, 05:41:26 AM
Oh well.

Yeah. Booyah threads come with free, only-one-owner booyah bans from the manglement. Probably better you avoid the subject entirely.
:<
Fine, fine.
I'll just booyah to myself, then.

Timothy

So cuddles will be back ... sweet ! ... Woot Woot for Amber !   :boogie
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Timothy on May 08, 2008, 07:31:22 AM
And portable as well  :3

EspyLacopa

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 08, 2008, 05:54:33 AM

That's because it's been done to death, and we're all heartily sick of it.

YMMV, of course.
Also, because it's not actually over 900 yet.  That'll be on friday.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 08, 2008, 07:32:46 AM
Quote from: Timothy on May 08, 2008, 07:31:22 AM
And portable as well  :3

Portable? Isn't it possible to sew her head back on? >:3 Just ask Kakuzu from Akatsuki, he knows how to put dismembered people back together! :B
We don't really know if her head was removed or not, anyway. Dan's remark in the previous strip could be an exaggeration.

techmaster-glitch

I did :[

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 16, 2008, 09:41:03 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on April 16, 2008, 09:34:43 AM
As for me, my vote goes for "It's over NINE HUNDRED!!!!!!"
Oh great gods above, that would be AWSOME.

Amber and Fluffy stand facing the DMFA logo. Amber turns to Fluffy.
"Fluffy, what does our counter say about the comic number?"
Fluffy takes down the counter.
"It's over nine-HUNDREEEEEEEEEEED!"
Fluffy smashes counter with Wand of Motivation. Amber is in shock.
"WHAT? Nine-HUNDRED?!?"

Madmann135

I am even more surprised that no one has pointed This out where when Dan met Aliyka the first time in the main comic he said, "when did you become a phoenix" which means that he did not know that Aliyka could shift from Phoenix to feline.

There is a bit of a mystery in this flashback as to why Dan did not remember that Aliyka has limited shape shifting abilites.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: EspyLacopa on May 08, 2008, 08:24:09 AM
Also, because it's not actually over 900 yet.  That'll be on friday.

Depends on if you count the Valentine's Day strips. And guest strips. And other bonus strips...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on May 08, 2008, 09:59:28 AM
I am even more surprised that no one has pointed This out where when Dan met Aliyka the first time in the main comic he said, "when did you become a phoenix"

Actually there have been at least three people pointing that out :P

It looks to me like Aisha got in first for strip 896.  Several possible explanations have been posited - personally I'm putting my faith in Amber and assuming that all will be revealed in time.

Ryan_Galen

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 08, 2008, 10:11:01 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on May 08, 2008, 09:59:28 AM
I am even more surprised that no one has pointed This out where when Dan met Aliyka the first time in the main comic he said, "when did you become a phoenix"

Actually there have been at least three people pointing that out :P

It looks to me like Aisha got in first for strip 896.  Several possible explanations have been posited - personally I'm putting my faith in Amber and assuming that all will be revealed in time.

Actually, I think the more likely possibility is that she'd rather stab out her eyes with her tablet stylus rather then go back and look at an old strip, much less edit the text in one. Mind you, I can't think of any reason she wouldn't say so if that was the case, so there is a remote chance she's worked out a joke involving that that will be explained the next time Aliyka and Dan meet chronologically. Predicting something like that is just stretching though.

Sofox

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 07, 2008, 08:55:04 PM
Hannah is undead.  She's been undead longer than Dan has been alive.  I wanted to make it a suprise, but frankly I am kind of tired of the constant commentary about its possibility and I dont feel like dealing with a thread of people getting all booyah when she actually does come around.  So instead I have opted to ruin the suprise by spoiling it for everyone.  Victory for me.

On the plus side, at least the vast majority of readers who dont go to the forum will be happily suprised. :3

Wow, you completely just did what I'd wish I had the screw-it-all attitude to do if I was in your situation.

Kuari

Heh, only problem Hannah has is getting her head reattached :p

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Kuari on May 08, 2008, 04:33:08 PM
Heh, only problem Hannah has is getting her head reattached :p

I have already said how to solve it - call Kakuzu and he'll sew it back on! :B