Forum Rules

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, May 04, 2008, 02:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hiya,

This sub-forum is not visible to Guests.

It's present just so that things like the Cybernations and LunarWars threads (well, thread, at present) have somewhere to go, and so that visiting Diplomats can find us with more ease.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Could this sub-board also be for communication for all online games, like RuneScape or WoW? Not just CyberNations?

Darkmoon

It can be. However, as with all other sections of the forum, it is only for discussion. Grievances, issues, or the like from other places online shouldn't be brought here (nor should the planning of an attack on another group, as an example).
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 08, 2008, 10:17:56 PM
It can be. However, as with all other sections of the forum, it is only for discussion. Grievances, issues, or the like from other places online shouldn't be brought here (nor should the planning of an attack on another group, as an example).

Indeed.

The whole reason for setting up this place was simply to make it invisible to guests - ie, people have to log in in order to view it, which means they must have an account; which, of course, means we can keep track of them. That's not necessarily for Cybernations only; any game that involves people ends up having a certain political element to it, and that requires a certain amount of protection from anonymous gits.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 09, 2008, 04:39:11 AM
The whole reason for setting up this place was simply to make it invisible to guests - ie, people have to log in in order to view it, which means they must have an account; which, of course, means we can keep track of them. That's not necessarily for Cybernations only;
Is that why the entire Castle Keep section is invisible in Guest mode?  I wasn't sure if that was deliberate, a glitch (e.g. caused when the Colosseum was added) or even if it had always been like that and I was mis-remembering. 

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 09, 2008, 04:43:30 AM
Is that why the entire Castle Keep section is invisible in Guest mode?  I wasn't sure if that was deliberate, a glitch (e.g. caused when the Colosseum was added) or even if it had always been like that and I was mis-remembering. 

It was. It shouldn't be, now we've got the Colosseum. If it's still invisible, then I need to go edit things...

Tezkat

Sooo... what did you guys finally decide to do about the player masking? And do we have a protocol in place that could support more foreign diplomats?

(And why is the Castle Keep still private? :mowtongue)

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Kasarn

It'd probably be easier to just get a completely separate forum.

Tezkat

Easier? Sure. Effective? Probably not. I could easily set us up on something like InvisionFree/ProBoards/etc. or even host a forum on one of my own servers. It would certainly make the task of managing diplomats much simpler. However, forums require a certain critical mass of members in order to maintain traffic and interest. A lot of our members don't even visit this board regularly, despite being active in other areas of the site. An offsite forum probably wouldn't have a chance.

The only time I can remember us running a seperate forum for a DMFA guild was in Urban Dead, and that started before our move from Nice. Our player base peaked at close to 30 members and had the support of a number of avid RPers. The boards were reasonably active for a month or so, and then they just kinda died off.

If we had an offsite board for CN, Galava, etc... would you use it?
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Probably not. Certainly not anywhere near as actively as I use this one.

Incidentally, guest mode now shows the Castle.

If we want to filter this area to specific people, then I'll need to set up a group, but I didn't see anyone actually asking for it, so there's no real need to go to the effort, now, is there?

Kasarn

We need something because there's nothing stopping anybody from spying on us. Not that there's much to spy on, but s3kr1t d0x (e.g. from PEACE or Pegasus member alliances) need to stay secret.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Meh. I would have thought we could store those in the Pegasus embassy or something.

Assuming that we have either the docs or the embassy, of course, which so far, we don't...