Uwe Boll will quit making movies with one million signatures

Started by Ryudo Lee, April 08, 2008, 02:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Quote from: Kenji on April 11, 2008, 11:59:01 AM
This reminds me of that skit on Robot Chicken about the Chutes and Ladders movie, Hungry Hungry Hippos, and so on. I'm sure he'd be the one to do em. >.>
And I am going to be Ladders they say

Kenji

I bet Uwe Boll is actually anti-videogame and makes these movies to try and anger fans against the series so that way they'll stop playing. D:

Reese Tora

Quote from: Kenji on April 11, 2008, 03:33:31 PM
I bet Uwe Boll is actually anti-videogame and makes these movies to try and anger fans against the series so that way they'll stop playing. D:

or maybe he's a complete piece of... work

http://www.gucomics.com/comic/?cdate=20080410
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Kenji

Quote from: Reese Tora on April 11, 2008, 11:01:42 PM
Quote from: Kenji on April 11, 2008, 03:33:31 PM

or maybe he's a complete piece of... work

http://www.gucomics.com/comic/?cdate=20080410

He feigns annoying ignorance so people will leave him alone. Like Cheese and Fred Fredburger from those now ruined cartoons. >_>

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Sunblink

Tapewolf

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/04/21/blizzard-to-boll-thanks-but-no-thanks/

The quote which was bandied about on Slashdot was: "We will not sell the movie rights, not to you.... especially not to you."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

Did anyone realize he has a doctorate in literature?  Doesn't say much about the value of a degree, does it?  :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Valynth

That explains why he wants everyone to sound like they're reading off a script....
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Jim Halisstrad

What's with all the Uwe Boll hate? I mean, sure, the guy is a gigantic pretentious douche... but I will swear by the fact that Blood Rayne is the best Worst movie in the history of ever.

Seriously, get some friends over, drink some Whiskey and proceed to bash the crap out of it.
It's magical.

bill

Uwe Boll owns, I drink the tears of video game fan rage

Alondro

Quote from: bill on April 22, 2008, 08:47:05 PM
Uwe Boll owns, I drink the tears of video game fan rage

You like NASCAR!!  Your opinion counts for nothing, I say!   >:O

PS:  I didn't even know most of his movies were video games, cuz I don't play video games.  The movies just suck.  In every possible way, they suck.  They're as bad as most of the Sci-Fi channel original movies.  "Snakehead Terror" anyone?   :S
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

bill

GabrielsThoughts

Ok I watched a half hour of Blood Rayne on Sci Fi. I dropped in on the movie during the second half. From what I've seen the movie seems to suffer from information glut.

Everything that could pass as common knowledge or that which is mundane is explained needlessly and things that really should be explained aren't. It's almost as if the writer or director feels their audience is stupid...whichever one is responsible should be to blame.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Ryudo Lee

I'm sure everyone would agree, it's the director.  When he was directing Alone In The Dark, he scolded his writers for not including enough explosions and car chases.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Gryphon

I should probably put this on the forum for those not in the know.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UweBoll

Basically I should point out that the main reason is that he is being bankrolled by German producers into making "Springtime for Hitler"'s. That said the German tax code was recently tightened to prevent this sort of crap form happening in the first place. So really. It's pretty much a moot point.

Edit: Never mind. According to wikipedia this is still legal for him.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... according to tvtropes it's still legal. It's just illegal in the US as of 2006.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fuyudenki

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 26, 2008, 11:51:39 PM
Ok I watched a half hour of Blood Rayne on Sci Fi. I dropped in on the movie during the second half. From what I've seen the movie seems to suffer from information glut.

Everything that could pass as common knowledge or that which is mundane is explained needlessly and things that really should be explained aren't. It's almost as if the writer or director feels their audience is stupid...whichever one is responsible should be to blame.

Apparently, Alone in the Dark suffers from that, too, with an opening text purported to be longer than your average TV miniseries.

It can't help that he's making video game movies.  Video games and movies just never seem to mix well.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Alondro on April 23, 2008, 09:29:26 AM
They're as bad as most of the Sci-Fi channel original movies.  "Snakehead Terror" anyone?   :S

Actually, Sci-Fi made House of the Dead 2, and it was much better than Boll's original flick.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sniffing a can of effluent and painting your house with the resultant snot is better than Boll's flicks. What's your point?

Alondro

Yes!  Mod-war coming up!  D-moon vs  'I-Learch' (the one-eyed lurching box creature)!

With special guest fighter:  Uwe Boll!

Ticket Master:  $4,000 per seat.   >:3

bill

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 06, 2008, 12:26:49 PM

Sniffing a can of effluent and painting your house with the resultant snot is better than Boll's flicks. What's your point?
this sounds better than a lot of things though

Zina

I don't understand the argument. Sci-Fi original movies are the best things ever. Did you see the one about the rock monster? It was a monster made out of rocks! Amazing.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Alondro on May 06, 2008, 02:04:19 PM
Yes!  Mod-war coming up!  D-moon vs  'I-Learch' (the one-eyed lurching box creature)!

With special guest fighter:  Uwe Boll!

Ticket Master:  $4,000 per seat.   >:3

There goes my next year of college tuition.

bill

Quote from: Zina on May 06, 2008, 04:05:01 PM
I don't understand the argument. Sci-Fi original movies are the best things ever. Did you see the one about the rock monster? It was a monster made out of rocks! Amazing.
it almost makes up for them cutting MST3K

wait no it doesn't

Valynth

Nothing will EVER make up for that....

Well, okay Zombie Jesus dancing on a pogo-stick/DDR machine is a good start, but it still won't cut it.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Darkmoon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 06, 2008, 12:26:49 PM

I'm just making a counter argument to the comment that Sci-Fi movies suck MORE than Uwe Boll movies. That is just untrue, and to say so it to disparage the amount of work that goes into those fine pieces of cinema (not to mention the fact that it makes Uwe Boll movies sound far more impressive than they really are).
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Point.

Thinking back, there's the old B-movie sci fi stuff I watched when I were younger; I'm thinking of Damnation Alley, actually, in which the book was excellent and the movie fun, but almost completely unrelated to said book... and very second-rate.

The art of making unreal look real has improved a lot since then, though.

Cvstos

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein