[Story] Garfield's Pet Force. Yeah, I'm going there.

Started by Silver Pomeranian Genji, March 15, 2008, 02:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Pomeranian Genji

Been a while since I posted here. Also been a while since I shared one of my works. Now, I share with you: Project Animus.

It is said that there are multiple universes parallel to our own. One such universe was the home to a team of heroes known as Pet Force. Unfortunately, the original Pet Force was no longer of service, no thanks to a space sorceress named Vetvix. Luckily for Emperor Jon, ruler of the planet of Polyester, reinforcements arrived in the form of Garfield, Arlene, Pooky, Nermal and Odie, inhabitants of Earth who resembled the original Pet Force. After several adventures, Earth's Pet Force thinks that Vetvix' cruel deeds are all but forgotten, right? Well, they thought wrong, as they've just started. Let's check in on our heroes, shall we?

"I'm bored!" Garfield complained. There was no doubt about it: it was the dullest Saturday in all of existence. Ever since Jon and Liz started dating, Garfield had nothing to keep himself entertained, not even Stretch, his rubber chicken. Of course, that didn't stop him from griping about it.

"So why don't you watch TV?" Arlene inquired of him, apparently having had enough of Garfield's whining.

"Great idea, glad I thought of it," said Garfield, turning on the television and flipping the channel to the Sentai Network. Good thing too, as Rumbling Sentai Boukenger was on at the moment.

"All right, this is the episode where Daitanken makes its first appearance."

"I wonder what's happening on Polyester without us around," Nermal mused, making a passing glance at the on screen action. After stomaching the opening theme, he turned his attention to his latest issue of Pet Force. It was the first of a two-issue crossover with rival manga Ninja Sentai Chess Rangers.

Clearly, Earth is not the best place to be if you live a second life as a superhero and there was no word from your employer. Not the best place indeed.

---Planet Animus---

"I can't believe we've graduated from Shadow Quake Ninja Academy, Lily!" exclaimed a brown-haired, twenty-seven year old Dalmatian girl clad in a tomato red top, navy jean shorts and fruit punch red high tops. At her left hip, in a crimson sheath, was a katana, a crimson and gold phoenix as its hilt. She and her friend, a blond twenty-six year old chipmunk girl dressed in a one piece lemon yellow leotard and mustard yellow toe shoes, were walking in a fast paced city reminiscent of Times Square on Earth.

"I know, Rebecca, I can't believe it either," Lily replied. "I heard that, aside from us, Veronica of Frostbite Valley, Kairi from Eclipse Village and Kari from the Mirage Oasis all graduated with honors this year."

"That's great news, Lily," gushed Rebecca. "I only wish my mother were there to congratulate me."

Just as the two friends were about to divulge in some post-graduation shopping, Rebecca received a call on her cell phone.

"Rebecca here, what's up?"

"Bad news," a female voice on the other line responded. "Space Pie-Rat is attacking the Federal Food District in downtown Serpent Alley, and these scarecrow things are helping him, and oh my gods and goddesses! Get away from us, you creeps!"

"Hello? What was that?" said Rebecca as the call dropped.

"Was that Veronica?" asked Lily.

"Yes," came the reply, "Space Pie-Rat is attempting to steal Animus' food, and apparently he's brought help."

"Well, what're we waiting for? Let's go and save our food."

The two girls simultaneously drew their cell phones and, using their ninja magic and a cry of "It's Ninja Time", transformed them into their respective red and yellow cell phone-like devices.

"Burning Fire!"

"Swift Wind!"

Scorching flames wrapped around Rebecca's street clothes and transformed them into a red spandex outfit. Crimson fire swirled around her head and formed a helmet adorned with a phoenix' face.

Lily, pirouetting as fast as a tornado, was covered in gale-force winds forming her yellow spandex outfit. A summer's breeze formed a helmet adorned with a crow's face.

Morphed and ready for action, the two girls used smoke balls to teleport themselves to Serpent Alley.

---Planet Earth---

"Well, now that that episode of Boukenger is in the can, I think I'll fancy myself a snack."

"Make sure there's enough food for when Jon comes back," Arlene said.

As soon as Garfield plopped down from the couch and started waddling towards the kitchen, the framed copy of Pet Force #100 began glowing, signaling at long last that Emperor Jon had an assignment for Pet Force.

Oh no, not now, thought Garfield as he, Arlene, Nermal, Odie and Pooky felt that all too familiar surge of energy pulsing throughout everyone's furry molecules, transporting them to planet Polyester, marking the start of a brand new adventure.

To be continued...
Mah Boi, this peace is what all true lawyers strive for. Anybody know Moira Gianna's number?