[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 28, 2009, 07:53:49 AM
I "inked" her with a mechanical pencil, then cleaned up the sketch digitally.
Ah.  I can see the digital stuff, because there's a whole load of off-white which I presume your monitor isn't registering  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2009, 07:55:16 AM
Ah.  I can see the digital stuff, because there's a whole load of off-white which I presume your monitor isn't registering  >:3
I stared at the monitor from different angles and managed to see some of such spots. But normally I don't see them. :<

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 28, 2009, 08:04:59 AM
I stared at the monitor from different angles and managed to see some of such spots. But normally I don't see them. :<
I feel like I've spoiled the magic somehow  :paranoid

Mao

Well, I'll put it to you this way Tape.  I didn't notice them until you said something about it.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 27, 2009, 09:58:26 PM
A new character I created a few days ago, Linda is inspired by Lamia Loveless from "Super Robot Wars: Original Generations". I won't go into details about her backstory, and will just say that she is a mech pilot. Expect to see more of her soon.

So how long till you have a pair of designs based on angry Axel Almer and WODAN YMIR, SWORD OF MAGUS?  :giggle
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 28, 2009, 10:09:33 AM
So how long till you have a pair of designs based on angry Axel Almer and WODAN YMIR, SWORD OF MAGUS?  :giggle
"Axel Almer" is probably coming next. "Wodan Ymir" would simply be Ren wearing a samurai mask and a blue coat instead of red. :B

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 28, 2009, 10:13:35 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 28, 2009, 10:09:33 AM
"Axel Almer" is probably coming next. "Wodan Ymir" would simply be Ren wearing a samurai mask and a blue coat instead of red. :B

Gaulen Renmir!
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ren Gaulen

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 28, 2009, 10:30:06 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 28, 2009, 10:23:21 AM
Gaulen Renmir!
I am.. the Sword of Sophia! ..I mean, Magus! >:[

Ware wa Gaulen, Gaulen Renmir. Jairus no tsurugi nari.

Hey, it could -sound- like "Magus" with its syllables or something!  :mwaha

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 28, 2009, 10:37:19 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 28, 2009, 10:30:06 AM
I am.. the Sword of Sophia! ..I mean, Magus! >:[
Ware wa Gaulen, Gaulen Renmir. Jairus no tsurugi nari.
Waga Zankantou ni, tatenu mono nashi! (There is nothing my sword cannot cut.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yes.

Need I point out Rule VIII? I hope not...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 28, 2009, 11:08:34 AM
No. There is no need for it at all. :3
It would be interesting to know what Janus said, though...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2009, 11:24:23 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 28, 2009, 11:08:34 AM
No. There is no need for it at all. :3
It would be interesting to know what Janus said, though...
He said "I am Gaulen, Gaulen Renmir. (That should have been the other way..) The Sword of Jairus."

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Lisky

and yet you've got your tongue out...  sorry, couldn't help it :3

anyways, i enjoyed the sketch, though the clothing seems a little impractical to say the least... i dunno, maybe it's just me

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

WhiteFox

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 28, 2009, 08:04:59 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2009, 07:55:16 AM

*Flipping through new drawing book gifted to me from a friend* Sez here that if you're going to be scanning pencil work, it's a good idea to use harder leads so it doesn't smudge as much. Just thought I'd mention it.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Ren Gaulen

More character sketches! :>

Another mech pilot like Linda, Alex is her team-mate. While Linda specializes on ranged combat, Alex prefers melee. He is piloting a mech that is specially designed for close combat. Together Alex and Linda make a deadly combination.
More to come.

Tapewolf

He looks kind of sinister.  I'm not sure whether that was the idea...
What species is he, by the way?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2009, 06:21:31 PM
He looks kind of sinister.  I'm not sure whether that was the idea...
I forgot to mention that much like Linda Alex is based on a certain character from "Super Robot Wars: Original Generations", Axel Almer, who was one of the prominent bad guys there. But I actually wanted to make Alex look tough and cool, not sinister (much like original Axel looked).

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2009, 06:21:31 PM
What species is he, by the way?
He is supposed to be a German shepherd, but now that I look at him, his ears look kinda wrong.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on January 28, 2009, 06:38:23 PM
He is supposed to be a German shepherd, but now that I look at him, his ears look kinda wrong.
It was actually the shape of the mouth that confused me.  It seems sort of flat and cat-like, but the tail didn't match a feline.

With an Alsatian, you have a pair of large erect ears.  If yours were larger and closer to the top it would help, but to be honest, I think the muzzle also needs some work to pull off that look.  The tail may also be a little too bushy.

**EDIT**
This looks like a good reference if you need one:  http://lenir.deviantart.com/art/herding-89011251

Lisky

... i've got a darker shepherd if you'd prefer that, dukes black and silver for coloring

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Ren Gaulen

Not exactly one of the SRW references or new characters, but I haven't really drawn him before.

Jason was a soldier of Federation Military - a member of a special operations unit. At some point he was given a mission to protect the Page family that seemed to be targeted by some terrorist group which was trying to sabotage the construction of the artificial world Arzamas. Jairus Page was a little baby at that time; his parents, Robert and Rebecca page, were both prominent members of the construction team (Robert was a chief programmer of the project, overseeing the work of the AIs, while Rebecca was one of the astroengineers who were basically putting the artificial world together). I won't go into much detail of how it all went, and will just say that the artificial world was successfully constructed, the Pages were fine and Jason's team successfully carried out their mission. Sadly, some of them had to pay their lives to protect the engineers.
By the way, a metal plate covering the right side of Jason's face was there for a rather long time. When Jason was still young, he lost his right eye in an accident involving a discharge of an area-effect bio-disintegrator weapon. Many people died in that accident, and those who survived could not have been healed without extensive genetic therapy. Jason had a bionic eye implanted instead, with a plastic plate (it looks metal, but it's not) covering the right side of his face.

Tapewolf

The pose strikes me as a little stiff, though that works if he's standing to attention.  Otherwise, looks good.

Ren Gaulen

I was going to post it yesterday, but forgot. I must rectify it.

Just another picture of Linda. I wanted to show how her dress looks. And because I like drawing cute vixens. :3

Tapewolf

Still a bit wolflike, but definitely cute.  I forgot to ask before, though - is the detached part on her head a ponytail, or headwings?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 30, 2009, 07:28:36 AM
Still a bit wolflike, but definitely cute.  I forgot to ask before, though - is the detached part on her head a ponytail, or headwings?
It's a ponytail - Linda isn't a Succubus. :P
Also, I forgot to post another thing I made yesterday - a coloured version of the first picture of Linda.

I didn't shade it or do anything else special, since it was meant to be colour reference.

Mao

Busy busy as usual I see Ren. :D

The only question I have, is how many of these awesome things you draw will ever see life outside of this thread?  I'm not trying to be disparaging but you've got so many awesome ideas that I think it'd be a monumental shame if they all just kinda stagnate in here.