Sweeping Darkness (IC) - Open

Started by Darkmoon, February 02, 2008, 11:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Once again, DFX was quite perplexed at Enigma's ramblings. The whole bit about the 'unknown' made little sense, as the whole point of DFX and Tank going was that no one knows what's in the tower. Enigma then abruptly changed tack and asked if they could "detect poison in the air". DFX replied, "In the event that it has escaped your attention, I and my brother are not equipped with olfactory senses. We are not capable of detecting any kind of vaporous substances." When Enigma said not to ignore him if he were to fall down, DFX almost began to feel...annoyance? "I will repeat my earlier statement,; if you are afflicted with any malady or impairment during our reconnaissance, we shall transport your organic form out of the structure."
   DFX and tank then took a few steps towards the tower. "If there are no further delays, we should make haste to enter the structure. The wards I have erected around my brother and I will only last for approximately another fourteen minutes."

Lushin

Tarson watches DFX and Tank preparing to walk off.
"Signal us if it is clean for us to follow"
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

e_voyager

enigma nodded and cast as small wind assist spell that would allow him to mover more quickly and with less effort. " well lets go then" he said lapsing back into his watch but not speak observation mode.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

DFX replied with "Affirmative" to Tarson. The two constructs, with Enigma in tow, strode over to the tower. They walked up to the front door, and opened it.

(OOC: Darkmoon, just say if opening the door does or reveals anything. I'm not expecting it to, but just in case.)

familyghost

"So..." Aeo looked to Tarson.  "What do we do while we wait?  I mean I could tell some good campfire stories."

Aeo was only slightly bummed from being cut out of the possible adventure, but at the same time he really didn't want to stumble on some sort of trap that would eviscerate him, so he decided offering to tell some stories would help pass the time.  Unfortunately for anyone who would want to listen Aeo's knowledge of stories started and ended with romantic campfire tale with some monster stories.

Lisky

Thalien found a tree stump, sat down. He took a whetstone and some oil out of his bag, and got himself into a near trance like state as he began sharpening his many blades.  As he finished a blade, he would rub it across a small towel he had set across his lap.  To those that watched carefully, he wiped each side twice, once to remove any excess oil, and once to apply a new coat of venom.  He proceeded to produce knives from seemingly out of thin air as he went through the process with every one of the knives he carried...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Lushin

Tarson looked at Aeo.
"The only thing we can do now, wait"
/happiness.exe

Darkmoon

Opening the door reveals a large, circular room covered in a layer of dust. The outside of the spire has a staircase, with no railing, leading round and round up the tall tower. At the top, is what appears to be a trapdoor.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

e_voyager

enigma examens the staircase wondering if it's structures is firm enough to carry either of the constructs.leaving that for later consideration he checks the room inside the tower  not moving more then inches past the door. leaning close the the floor nearly on his knees he  traces a finger on the ground looking for traps at the same times he's forced to cover his nose for a moment to  avoid sneezing as he accidentally stirred up some of the dust. inside the room. " high and low? " he asked DFX as the urge to sneeze dwindled and he pondered the wisdom of splitting up to examine both the inside and out side of the spire at the same time.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

DFX looked at enigma as he tentatively stepped inside the room. "Hold your position, fleshling." DFX directed. He and Tank stepped into the room, and began a systematic sweep. Methodically, the walked about the room, examining the area, and mostly seeing if anything was set off by their presence.

familyghost

Aeo looked at Tarson and said one simple phrase before resigning himself to thought.

"Waiting sucks."

Lushin

Tarson stared at the tower.
"So does dying"
/happiness.exe

Lisky

with every knife at peak condition, Thalien neatly folded the cloth, and repacked his travel pack.  He set the pack down to significantly lighten his load and temporarily rid himself of everything that would be useless for the next few hours.

In preparation for what was to come, the elf drew both swords in and began dancing the blades for a bit, he changed stances and played around with weapons in both under and overhand styles of combat.  getting a little flashier, he then started adding acrobatics to his warm up, adding flips, rolls and spins on top of the swordplay.  Feeling quite ready for whatever was to come, the elf adjusted his cloak and joined the others.  The shadow from the hood obscured most of his face, and he said in a rather cold tone, "are we just going to sit around, or are we going to use this time that has been given to us to prepare..."

A predatory grin grew across thalien's face as he stared up at the tower.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

e_voyager

Enigma shrugged and waited. in the doorway. he had not gone more then a few inched inside anyway and that was more leaning int to test the floor to make sure that there was no trapdoor right at the entrance.

familyghost

"Prepare?" Aeo chuckled, "I'm a warlock; I say words things get lethal projectiles tossed at them.  What could I possibly do to prepare?"

Lisky

Thalien shrugged, "perhaps try and meditate, clear your mind of anything that would distract you from your mission... drop anything that would not prove useful for the next few hours... there are many things besides sharpening one's blades that goes into preparation.  As my master alway said, those who prepare may not always survive, but it never hurts the odds." 

with his little speech complete, the elf headed towards the tower to get a better look for himself

techmaster-glitch

The two constructs finished checking the ground floor, and nothing so far tried to jump at them. "No hazards detected at ground level." DFX said aloud, though whether to himself, his brother, or Enigma wasn't clear.
   Both constructs then went for the staircase that went around the tower. Tank went up first, to make sure that it could carry his weight first. They began to proceed up the staircase.

Lushin

Tarson moved to block Thalien's path.
"We'll go over there once are signaled or there is signs of trouble not before"
/happiness.exe

e_voyager

Enigma followed carefully  poised for flight the instant he felt the stairways give way beneath him . Despite himself and his understanding of the need for caution he was making calculations about the buildings age and likely builder size. He also wondered if there would be a giant crystal in the top floors of the tower but discounted it as unlikely.

Lisky

Thalien give an annoyed glare at Tarson, he said, "it's not like i was going to get close, just closer, making observations requires a certain level of perception, something i'm not getting this far out..."  sheathing his blades, the elf strolled up to Tarson and looked him in the eye and said, "if your going to play these silly control games, you can have fun playing by yourself... i'll have you know, if i really wanted to get to that tower, i doubt you'd have been much of an obstacle... are we just going to stand around, or is there something more productive we could be doing?"

Lushin

Tarson looked down at Thalien as electricity arched from his stone arm.
"If you do anything to set something off at that tower and put my companions in trouble I will have no issues in killing you. If you wanna go back to being on your own then go ahead. We *gestures to others* work as a team, if you don't like being told what to do then leave"
/happiness.exe

Lisky

Thalien quirked an eyebrow at the fellow... obviously he had some control issues, and on top of that, he seemed dead set on playing the elf for anything that might go wrong.  Giving a shrug, Thalien silently turned around and headed over to the other elf...

techmaster-glitch

The constructs and Enigma reached the top of the tower without incident. The top was mostly nodescript, except for a single trapdoor. The constructs walked over, looking at it for a moment. DFX figured that, if this was indeed the powerful magical energy source that they were seeking, he shouldn't have much problem detecting it if he focused his magic sense. Of course, since they constructs were made up of magic themselves, the ambience alone of such a powerful source should be felt by them, except the wards DFX set up were antimagic.
  DFX stood below the trapdoor, and began concentrating on his magical ability, seeing if he could at least sense the source, or any sufficiently powerful magic, through the door.

Azlan

Aire eyed the approaching Thalien with a slightly sinister expression, "I have never been one for racial prejudice, but the high elves and the dark elves do not by nature get along.  Do not expect me to be all open armed and welcoming you as brethren."

The faerie elf shrugged to no one in particular as she rocked back and forth on her heels, "Tarson is the leader, but I can tell you are used to being a loner.  An assassin probably, as you do not have the aura of a mage, your people only train males for two roles that are considered self-sufficient... whatever you call your Battlemages and assassins.  I make this requirement of you, accept the direction of the leader or return to your ways as a loner and depart our company."

Aire's seriousness seems to have made a reappearance, at least for the time being.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Darkmoon

The magic leaking out from behind the trapdoor painted the vision of any magic user a bright purple.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

familyghost

"Aww, Aire..." Aeo looked over when he heard her serious nature return.  "I missed the ever-happy version of you." 

He then got up and walked over to the drow and gave him a good look over.  "So I hear your women are uh... strict." Aeo let his lecherous smile spread.

Lisky

Thalien nodded to the high elf first, "it's not that i can't follow leadership, it's that he..." nodding towards tarson, "seems intent to blame me for whatever goes wrong. from this distance, i for one can't make out any unusual details, or something that others might miss.  Tis true that i'm a trained assassin, and as such, perception and agility are among my strongest points... something your leader seems to be completely ignoring."

it was at this point that Aeo said something that brought a smirk to the elf's face, turning to face him, Thalien replied, "i assume your talking of the witches, as they seemed to have become the thing everyone picks up about my race.  Though, calling them strict would be the grossest of understatements."

techmaster-glitch

As DFX was reaching up in an attempt to sense the magic, a burst of it suddenly flashed around the edges of the trapdoor. When the flash died down, DFX immediately noticed something was...wrong.
  He stood up. "My visual reception sense has been sabotaged. I now perceive all visual input as a strong hue of purple." DFX reported. He looked at Tank. "Bother, have you experienced any irregular effects?"
  "...No."
  DFX turned to face Enigma. "Have you experienced any irregular effects, fleshling?"

Azlan

Aire brushed her hair off of her shoulders and letting it fall behind her, "Do you expect him to trust you fully?  He did not send you to scout, nor would he.  You are a subterranean species, your eyes are designed for low light conditions and caverns that possess limited size and dimensions.  To have you scout in the open would be foolish.  A surface elf like my self would be a better choice, I can see for miles if the terrain is flat and I can see clearly all around the tower and the surrounding area."

The faerie elf scanned the surrounding area as she had been since they had found themselves here.  She grinned mischievously and winked at Cloudchaser, "Tarson trusts the unicorn more than you at the moment.  Do not worry though, you will likely have opportunity to prove yourself.  Hopefully without serious injury or death for your own person."
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Lisky

Thalien kept his smirk as Aire seemed to think she knew the dark elf race, "actually, that bit about the limited sight distance is a bit of misinformation. We actually posses quite sharp vision, though it is only useful in darker conditions.  We seem to posses limited sight because most races are diurnal and as such, only observe us during the day, where the sheer brightness can cause damage to our eyes if we don't take precautions.  If it were dawn, dusk, or night, i would be much better off.  If you've ever visited one of our cities they are quite immense, and part of my training was to observe from a high tower at one end, to the residence at another...  if this confuses you, the city of Grefir Temora, where i was trained, is in a cavern close to a mile high, and the area of the city itself is a rough circle with a radius of a little over a mile and a half."

shrugging he thought for a minute about the city, and even with it's massive size, it had a relatively small population.  He added quickly, "i guess part of the reason it makes such a good training ground is that we dark elves like our space... despite the efforts in brute force and magic to make such a place, the population is fairly small and well spread out... nothing like the cities i've visited on the surface"