Sweeping Darkness (IC) - Open

Started by Darkmoon, February 02, 2008, 11:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwish

Malcurth watched the going-ons with slight interest, even smirking and slowly shaking his head as the poor drow fell for the fae trick. "At least he is the gullible one.." He said to himself, also carefully noting to be extra careful around the fae elf for now on..

He stood up and began to follow after Tarson, heading on down the road..

e_voyager

with Malcuths reaction noted Enigma decided to approach the drow. he'd down this time without number but still every time it was like the first time. a new puzzle to be opened a new game to  explore. a new dear he think if friend. friends are hard to come bye when one spends decades  sleeping the astro learning sleep.

"So you are called Thalien.  pleasure to meet you"
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Lisky

thalien offered the man a hand, and said "i think the pleasure is all mine, everyone else seems a little... uptight to say the least... i guess i shouldn't blame them too much under the circumstances... "

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

e_voyager

accepting his hand enigma pressed it to a ink pad then pressed it to a slip paper.  " thank you" enigma smiled as he sprinkled powdered sand on the hand print then put it away. " i'm sure this hand print will come in handy but enough making fun of the new member" enigma's snicker a little. " i never would have gotten miss earth child to let me do that."  in truth he knew that non of the others would have allowed him the moments of shock necessary to give him a full hand print.

"anyway i am called Enigma" he continued " but don't let that worry you. they are as you said tense for a reason we're been transported against our will  and attacked with out reason and while trying to rescue a perceived victim we walked into a trap but don't worry the later person we let into the group hasn't tried to kill us and provided that you don't either i doubt if you'll have to worry about dying before we do so do tell me why join this band of moving targets? "
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Lisky

Thalien thought for a second, then decided to reply as honestly as he could "i'd follow this band of moving targets because i'd rather be in a group if those things come back then be stuck on my own... i've avoided them well enough for now... but who knows how long i'll be able to hide out from them... unlike at night, during the day, i'm not exactly the most stealthy thing around."

After his response, Thalien took off after the rest of the party, figuring he could discuss things while they traveled... thinking to himself 'finally, a chance to get out of this freaking hell hole'

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

techmaster-glitch

As Thalien began to move with the group, the two composite constructs began plodding after him. Their previous command of watching him had not yet been overturned.

Lushin

Tarson looked over his shoulder a bit while he walked ahead of the others. It was more to see if they are still there more than anything. Tarson sighed a bit and just keeps walking trying to find a way for others to get back.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Darkmoon

As the valley stretched out before them, those in the party with better eyesight could just make out, on the horizon, what looked like the single spire of a tower.

Those even more observant, who just so happened to look behind them, will notice nothing that looks the same.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

e_voyager

Enigma walked. he was neither first nor last as was proper. it was ofter to be best somewhere just off of the middle as that was were many attacks are made and even more repelled. someone with his knack for survival knew that the odds never even. enigma walked with and unusual purpose today as he checked his goods making sure they were all in working order. he wondered what was in that earth charmed that affected the fay girl so drastically. he wondered if his potions were still potent enough to heal grievous injuries . and curtsy inspection show them still emanated magical energy but that didn't tell him is they were still as powerful as he wanted them to be. such this such as potions notorious for getting weaker as time passed.  there were also  the new arrivals to ponder.  the drow behind him and the  feline before him not to mention those watching at a distance. he knew there were others watching. There were always others watching for some reason or another this was part of the comedy of life.

Ghostwish

Malcurth was eying the tower curiously for a moment, and happened to be making a cautious glance about when he noticed its duplicate behind them. His ears perked up curiously as he pondered this new development. "Uhm, fellas? Did we always have a twin tower behind us? I don't recall seeing that before.."

e_voyager

Enigma continues to rife through his inventory pulling out the want water staff / wand he'd used again the spiders and such"now we didn't but for now ignore it. there is someone on watching us from them i don't know who or how many as i haven't learned the spells for something like that yet and even if i have thing are always the same when you're sliding through realities." as he searchers  a though crosses his mind. did he ever get the earth charm back form the elf girl? and if so what would happened if he let the drow try it? it was said to have many powers the most common was the power of hearing and it assisted earth magic but for Aire it seemed to posses her. perhaps it would be wise to keep it from the drow after all.

ugg sleep deprivation is not your friend even with and google spell checker to try and fix your mistakes.

Lisky

Thalien gripped the hilt of one of his blades reflexively as he eyed the tower... an ominous spire in the distance... now, this is a strange turn of events he thought to himself.

Looking around, he observed the others' reactions to the tower, not really sure what to make of it, he asked no one in particular "so... that wasn't here before... anyone have any idea what the hell is going on?"

Azlan

The fey knight dismounted from her unicorn and took in a view of the tower.

"It appears the rook is moving on us poor pawns and knights."

The faerie elf glanced about, trying to obtain a magical reading from the structure before them and a bit of true sight on it as well.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

techmaster-glitch

The two constructs noticed that things weren't the way they seemed, but said nothing. In regards to the tower, DFX strode over to Aire. "Is this our objective, Aireluin Silithiel?"

Lushin

Tarsom sighed and shook his head.
"If it's not one thing it's another"
/happiness.exe

e_voyager

"this is that way of such things" enigma said  and he began to repack his tools with he exception of his water wand/ staff and five blank slips of paper. on the paper he would write spells he only knew a few at the moment seal, break seal were the only two he was fully competent at the others were element in nature mostly. shield created a temporary wall of wind that would deflect most attacks but it normally faded after one hit two at most. conceal  would cast an illusion of nothingness around him and hide most of his magical energy or manna as it was called here . it lasted for about a dozen breaths but when you were  in a tight spot a dose breaths, breathing room was better then none. there there was freeze. he wasn't sure how that spell worked but it seems to lock up the enemy for about a span of a  dozen breaths less if they were strong and would give one a few moments running or spell perpetration room.  he had been researching this spell talisman for years and testing them for months he just hoped he would not need to use them yet knew that sooner or later he would. he resourced should be for the sake of research. to find out new interesting things for fun and profit. so what if the profit part lagged a little bit what did he care some long as basic need were met and he could spend a few more centuries studying thing that interest him.

"does anyone have a couple of spare dagger? i seem to have lost mine in the  spat with the goblins a while back and i don't think i'll  be able to get a knew pair at a shop anytime soon" as he spoke he kept and image of the wanted daggers steel blade set in a hard wood  grip light but tough and perfect for throwing.

(ooc ye enigma live a good part f his life in his head. also those spells have never been used in this game save the seal - break seal talismans he gave the farmer. )

Lisky

reaching into the leather forearm guards of his armor, Thalien produced a pair of 7" knives, they were balanced for throwing, with a dark-silver, semi-glossy appearance to the blade, the grips were made from a reddish wood, and slightly shorter than those of a standard blade.

Flipping them around, he offered the grips to Enigma while pinching the blades between his fingertips, he said, "for now, these should work, and don't worry, i've got plenty more.  Just be careful, the edges are coated in an extremely fast acting venom, that, while not lethal, causes muscle cramps, weakness, and feeling of dizziness as well... if you happen to have them when you find a more suitable weapon, i'll gladly take them back though" the elf had a rather devious grin on his face with the knives in hand

e_voyager

enigma carefully accepted the blades form the drow. " thank you Thalien" he said  swabbing one of the blades the put them into the sheaths left over form his own lost blades. the fit well enough and he would analyse the venom tonight when the party stopped. it would not do to need anti venom for one's own blades and not have it.

he looked to Aire "any luck with your investigation earth child" he asked. as he contemplated the likelihood  that warden of the prison was watching them and planning a reception for them that none one them , constructs included,  should be able to survive.

Azlan

After looking about for a few minutes, Aire sighed, "yes this is the point I identified during my searches, but it is only one of many points, what is contained here may not be all of what we seek."

Taking on a very sagely expression, with an adjustment to her voice that made her sound older and more mature, she gestured to the tower, "yon tower sits upon a magical source, fairly strong.  The tower appears real, but due to the magical emanations, I cannot tell much about it."   
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

techmaster-glitch

DFX stepped forward. "My brother and I can reconnoiter this structure for any potential hazards to fleshlings, as we are, of course, highly resistant to many dangers. However, I shall need a few minutes of preparation to raise a small number of arcane protective wards around my brother and I, as contingency for a scenario that we require them."

e_voyager

"i do believe a fleshling should go with you as well as there may be things that are harm;less to you or at least well with in your tolerances that will no the less hurt us poor fleshies." enigma looked around the group wondering who would volunteer for canary duty this time.

Lushin

Tarson stood and stared at the tower. Listening to what the others have to say.
"Sounds like you're volunteering to go Engima"
/happiness.exe

techmaster-glitch

DFX turned to Enigma. There was almost a feeling of surprise and confusion around the construct. Almost.
   "That is precicely why only we should be the ones to enter the structure. I am not unfamiliar with how physically delicate organic fleshlings are. My brother has most sufficiently demonstrated this on a number of occasions. And if there are any harmful magical effects, I should be capable of identifying them."

e_voyager

" That was not my intent leader but it seems i have been volunteered and by the person with the most right to do so. very well. there is still another manner to address first"

enigma walked past Aire and her mount up to the construct looking up at him. " DFX can you identify what in this sent Aire over the cuckoo's net for a short time" he asked hold up the earth charm. he had not advertised retrieving it as he was still worried about  it's effect on others. " or perhaps you can tell me why these healing potions are fine for 8 out of ten entities but are poison to the other two? " thought it was not required Enigma went on. "or how about this dose our furry friend Malcurth need more oxygen then the rest of us? are Arie's lungs more sensitive to sulfur then mine? what about Thalien's?" "there is a chemical compound called chloroform will knock me out over the span of a few minutes but will it affect the others? can you even detect it? i know i can't until i've already been exposed to it. i'm sure that you're great for finding known threats but there are any number of unknown threats including species specific magical traps such as one that will only trigger if an undead human approach or one that is only triggered by the live approaching that would not recognized yourself and your brother as living entities. in short ( thought it is too late for that) it is not the know traps and hazards i'm suggesting we test for but the unknown ones that would be triggered by our approach." .

techmaster-glitch

DFX (unsurprisingly, but still a little unsettlingly) remained completely unexpressive and impassive throughout Enigma's tirade. When he finished, DFX replied "Of course I could identify any of your magical baubles and the effects they have on other fleshlings; I would only require a short amount of time to do so. As for your other inquiries, I need only enough time and specimens to experiment with, and I could ascertain the answer to all of them. However, I will admit that such experiments may be impractical at this time. If you truly wish to accompany us in our reconnaissance, it is at your own risk and of no concern to myself."
   DFX then turned and stode over to Tank, and began concentrating on his special way of magicmaking. After a minute, he began infusing himself and his brother, crafting several wards primarily out of Light magic.

e_voyager

Dfx said his piece then walked to his brother who really wasn't that far from the  group and enigma nodded watching their perpetration. "Time and experience." he said almost muttering "that sums it all up doesn't it?  give me another fifty years and i might be able to identify and  disable every trap there with out setting them off but we don't have that kind of time and i don't have that kind of experience yet, not yet at least. that is why a fleshly will need accompany you. preferably a sensitive one would be best but i'll have to do. After all i'm alive enough to trigger any living only traps and intent enough on my own survival to  hopefully make it back here in one piece. " he smiled shaking his head as he crossed the distance to Dfx and tank he waited for Dfx to finish his current wards then spoke up loudly enough to  hopefully  get the constructs attention thought there was not guarantee that the construct wasn't hearing and filing away everything he heard to be examined later he simply didn't know them well enough to know that the were fully capable of "DFX need to i ask you for a favor.  though you may not need my help, can you monitor my vital while we explore just in case the one of the traps works by dulling the senses and putting one to sleep or causing them to walk into the waiting jaws of death. those kind are harder for me to detect and escape"  times like this enigma wished he had a dead man's teleport spell but i have yet to learn any.  too bad it would be useful now of all times. as is enigma simply put himself in his  tomb raider state of mind which raises  his alertness and putting his reflexes on hair trigger.

familyghost

"Well since the shopkeep's going with 28 and Tank..." Aeo wasn't sure what to do. 

Enigma was at least a somewhat capable spell caster as was 28, but both were limited in offensive capabilities as far as he could tell, but they did have Tank, which was pretty much a win all token unless they ran into metal eating monsters.  Of course such metal eating monsters would also have an interest in eating their weapons and their armors as well as Tank and 28 themselves.  Then of course he pictured the monsters coming back to camp and slaughtering the entirety of their group just to snack on the drow's knives and other such delectable metallic objects.  Of course, Aeo being Aeo did not express his rather far fetched imaginings in those exact words or even anything similar.  Instead it came out something like this.

"I don't wanna loose 28 and Tank to metal eating freaks!  I'm going too!"  And he quickly stood by metal brothers and waited for them to leave.

techmaster-glitch

DFX progressed well with setting up the wards around himself and Tank. During his concentration on the setup, Enigma walked over and asked a few questions. DFX fully registered them as he concentrated, but the wards weren't that complicated and DFX had stronger concentration than most fleshlings. "I am not sure I understand what you refer to when you say "vitals". However, your requirement for monitoring or protection shall be minimal, as you will certainly take a formation position rear of my brother and I. If you are afflicted with any such malady, we shall retreat and transport your organic form with us."
   DFX then finished the wards and applied them. Both Tank and DFX flashed briefly with a burst of light, then dimmed out. The wards were comprised primarily of Light magic, and were meant to be a general-purpose direct magic repellent. Any direct magical assault should be weakened or deadend by the ward, reducing any damage or effects dealt. However, it was a general ward, and thus wasn't anywhere near as effective as a specific counterward would be to a given specified effect. Also, it was only effective against direct magic, like a mageblast, magical lightning bolt, or magical fire. Any indirect effect, such as a spell that only conjured real fire and directed it, or conjured physical objects and directed them, would not be hindered by the ward. Ambient and subtle magic effects should also be weakened or nullified, as well.
   It was then that Aeo came running over, screaming some nonsense about losing the constructs to "metal-eating freaks". Both turned to face the partially demonic fleshling. For once, both constructs seemed almost...surprised. No one had ever show such concern for them, or their many destroyed brothers...except their Father.
   DFX, who registered that Aeo referred to him by the second half of his designation, "twenty-eight", replied "I...appreciate your concern for our continued functioning, Aeo Dall. However, I believe you may be overestimating the danger of our mission. We are merely going to engage in reconnaissance, observing this structure for any hazardous obstacles or hostile creatures. If we discover any, we will exit the structure, not engage, and inform this congregation of fleshlings of our findings. We are performing this task because my brother and I are the most likely to survive any such sudden lethal obstacles. Despite this, if you wish to accompany us as well, I harbor little objection. But no further fleshlings should accompany us.
   "In any case, I do harbor serious doubts as to whether we will encounter any...'metallic-consuming aberrants'."

e_voyager

Enigma shook his head. "the expected does not provoke the fear response as you prepare for it but the unexpected it. it is what we fear. your brother showed something very close to fear when he saw the mayor of the villager he based simply because he was not expecting an humanoid of such size as the giant claim to fame. i'm not expecting a living trap such as a dragon sentinel but i might have to face one. even so i'll prepare for it the best i can. also can you detect poison in the air?  i'll  explain vitals later when we aren't headed into unknown danger just try not to ignore me if i fall flat to the ground. that wouldn't be a good thing on my part.

familyghost

Aeo quickly realized how foolish he looked, but only blushed momentarily as the shopkeep was talking about his usefulness.  It was then that Aeo zoned out and nodded in agreement with 28.

"Ok, I'll stay here then, but if you do encounter anything that eats metal, try using a wooden staff or in Tank's case a tree." Aeo laughed as he went over to a rock and used it as a back support while he sat down.