[Comic] DSOF #10 [05-24-08]

Started by WhiteFox, January 10, 2008, 10:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteFox

Aaaaaaand finally.

DSOF#8: Tactful minions are so hard to find these days.

This took a month to finish because I kept finding things to fix. Eventually I realized that if I kept going down that road, I'd have to redraw the strip over again entirely. So I took a day to finalize it, and here it is, for your reading pleasure, freshly minted.

Let me know what you think.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tapewolf

I'm not sure there's much I can add that wasn't covered in the preview.  It's nice to see it finished, and I'm curious as to how it will play out.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

WhiteFox

Just thought I'd throw this one up.
Bleuaaarg...

TZTA4T #1

Strip #1 of a new, smaller scale project, "The Zone of Transposed Awareness that is 4AM on a Tuesday". I pronounce the abbreviation s-tay-at.

Dark Side of Furrae was more concieved to build and focus on my artistic skills, and it's a lot of work and effort in production. TZA4T is going to be more of an illustrated story, with more focus on the characters and writing. The setting and story/setting/characters have nothing to do with DMFA, so I'm kind of off topic here, but I thought i'd post it for comment. I'm not going to spend too much time talking about it.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

llearch n'n'daCorna

The next/home images appear to be missing, as is the main.html page for the comic...

You may be aware of this already. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

WhiteFox

The buttons are missing because it's the only comic and I don't need em up yet.

Yeah, I'm sloppy.

TZTA4T might be a little while coming, I'm rethinking the next comic.

DSOF is taking forever to make. RL keeps throwing me crap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

WhiteFox

Alright. I need a bit of a distraction from my comic projects.

I'd like to do a "cast picture" for *as many* people on the boards and IRC as I can do. Thereby, anyone wishing to appear please link to a decent description of your avatar, a refrence image, or fill out the simple Bio below:

Required:
Name: (Fairly straight forward.)
Race: (human, animal, mythological being, anthro, etc. If you list an animal/mythic without "Anthro-" you will appear as that creature. If you have a unique race, description will be needed. Also you can include such things as winged- or tailed-.)
Appearance: (eye/fur/skin/hair color/tone, ethnicity, facial hair, hairstyle, nose/jaw/eye shape, etc. at least a few details here, you don't have to be too specific.

Optional:
Size: (An aproximate size. 6.5 ft (6 heads tall) will be default. You can specify, or just say "Half a head above the average" or "3 inches below average.")
Body type: (general shape and look of your character. Heavy set, muscular, gaunt, buxom, etc.)
Clothes: (Specific garments, a style of dress, or lack thereof. Default will be t-shirt and slacks.)
Personality: (Any particular attitude you want to have. Default will be generally friendly.)
Pose: (What you want your character to be doing. Default will be standing. If you want to be doing something to someone, say so and I'll try to accommodate.)
Props: (Anything you want with you, in your hand, on your back, etc.)
Area: (If you hang out specificly in the DMFA/CVRPG/RP, forums, or IIRC chat room, let me know and I'll group you with as many fellows as you wish. If you want to appear next to someone specific, also state here.)

Please submit through Personal Messages, or post here if you really really want to.

[EDIT] Some people have told me I'm crazy. I fully realize I'm looking at the possibility of STARTING with  30 characters here, and I'm not flinching.

WhiteFox

TZTA4T #2

DSOF #9 is taking longer than I thought it would. Here's Zone no.2

Also, added back and next buttons. The link from 1 to 2 is broken, but I'll fix that in the morning. It's 3AM, I'm hitting the sack.

(Also points to above post. Still hoping to get submissions.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: WhiteFox on April 26, 2008, 09:14:05 PM

I'd like to do a "cast picture" for *as many* people on the boards and IRC as I can do. Thereby, anyone wishing to appear please link to a decent description of your avatar, a refrence image, or fill out the simple Bio below:

You masochist. ;-]

Required:
Name: llearch n'n'daCorna
Race: A box.
Appearance: A box. 3ft cubic. Fedex written on one side...

How much more do you need?

Area: ... Erm. I hang out in the DMFA, the CVRPG, the RP, the forums, and the chatroom. Does that mean you need more than one of me? ;-]

Suwako

Required:
Name: Aiyno Tajaka
Race: Genetically magically modified Clone
Appearance: Ochre eyes, blue scales (though not shown cause of the clothing) hair is black with strokes of yellow, plain face shape, no nose, oval eyes of rather large size.

Size: 6'2'' (I'm 6'4'' so...)
Body type: average/slender
Clothes:
greys, yellows and reds. Most of the clothing is grey with the detached sleeves red with bits of yellow. Red belt, dark shoes which you can change into boots if you wish... and feel free to experiment with the pants (though keep his skin hidden) :P
Personality: Naive,friendly and clueless. 
Pose: One hand on his shoulder and 3 quarters view maybe one eye closed. Preferably his right hand on his left shoulder and his right eye closed. :P
Props: no swords.
Area: something with blue fire would be awesome :B

LionHeart

Quote from: WhiteFox on April 26, 2008, 09:14:05 PM

I'd like to do a "cast picture" for *as many* people on the boards and IRC as I can do. Thereby, anyone wishing to appear please link to a decent description of your avatar, a refrence image, or fill out the simple Bio below

[EDIT] Some people have told me I'm crazy. I fully realize I'm looking at the possibility of STARTING with  30 characters here, and I'm not flinching.

You are indeed crazy, but that's pretty normal around here.

I've never been in a cast picture before, so here goes:

Name: LionHeart (capitalised like that, please)
Race: Anthro-feline
Appearance: A bespectacled male anthrofeline, with yellow fur, blue eyes (with vertically slit pupils), and dark-blond hair. Basically, that's him (me) in my avatar pic.
Size: About 5'10"
Body type: Lean, slightly muscular, but not very. Sorta wiry-looking.
Clothing: A green long-sleeved open-neck shirt, and blue jeans. Semi-frameless glasses, as shown in my avatar pic.

I think I have one or two full-length pics somewhere - if you wish, I can dig them out and link to them. They are not very good, is all...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

WhiteFox

Quote from: LionHeart on April 27, 2008, 06:50:06 AM
I think I have one or two full-length pics somewhere - if you wish, I can dig them out and link to them. They are not very good, is all...

That would be awesome, even if it's not very good (I wont get into a "what is good/bad art" argument right now).

Brunhidden

heh, just popping by to say kudos on the comic you put up- its got a nice feel, and ive actually studied dungeon management, fun course. inhuman resources isn't nearly as fun, but definaetly has opportunities for the creative.

.....i really don't have a description, nobody has ever really cared before
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Dannysaysnoo

Name: Danny
Race: Anthro Cocker Spaniel. This kind.
Appearance: Pretty much the same as that picture, but white all over with orange patches and long hair.

Size: Pretty much average, maybe slightly below most.
Body type: Generic, but with pretty weedy arms.
Clothes: Glasses, and a t-shirt with this logo on it.
Personality: Kinda confused, only slightly
Pose: Standing indeeed.
Props: a piece of toast.... mmmmmmm.

LionHeart

Quote from: WhiteFox on April 27, 2008, 06:57:10 AM
Quote from: LionHeart on April 27, 2008, 06:50:06 AM

That would be awesome, even if it's not very good (I wont get into a "what is good/bad art" argument right now).

Okay, then. Here you go:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/LionHeartAU/Other%20stuff/avatar-3d-background-2.jpg

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/LionHeartAU/Other%20stuff/?action=view&current=avatar-standing-v2.jpg

I did these a few years ago. I haven't really had much practice in drawing males, and I think it shows. Never mind, if they help, that's the main thing, right?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

WhiteFox

WhiteFox

DSOF #9 The Librarian Cometh

I cannot begin to list the ways in which I do not like this comic. Mostly because I have way too many panels on the page. I got sick of this thing half way through inking, then once again half way through coloring. By now I just want it off my desktop and posted. It's pretty much a big slab of exposition anyway, so it's not worth agonizing over. As much as my work ethic is cringing to say this, I'd rather get on to more important parts of the story.

Next comic, I'm going to cut back on the number of panels. Hopefully I wont fatigue myself.

Tapewolf

Well, if you're taking requests, the character I really, really would like to see drawn is Dorcan from Future History.  Currently the only extant drawing of him is a background character in Turnsky's Foxfire series.

However, your aim seems to be a group shot, so I'll give you the data for Jakob.

Name: Jakob Pettersohn, alias Johan Cross
Race: Anthro wolf.  Incubus, with feathered wings.
Appearance:
  Eyes: yellow/amber (wolf-coloured, basically)
  Colouring:   Medium-grey fur, dark-grey feathered wings and headwings.
  Hair: Dark grey, usually shaded somewhere between his body and his wings.  The hair is not short.  Actually, what would be really cool would be to see him in full hippie mode.

Size: default
Body type: lean, not very muscular
Clothes: Red T-shirt, casual trousers.  If you're going for the hippie, add the CND logo to the shirt.
Personality: Generally friendly
Pose: Peace gesture
Props: Traditionally he is pictured holding a spool of tape (a 10" Ampex-type reel) in or under one arm.  Originally that was to separate him from any old wolf, back before his personality and backstory developed.
Area: DMFA, primarily.  Jakob appears in the RPs ('Furrae Chronicles', 'Eternal Rains' and briefly in 'Brotherhood of the Machine').

References:
http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/jakob/
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/stuff/jakob/tapewolf.jpg - this is one of my favourites.
I also highly rate Zina's version and Keaton's rendition, which can be found here:
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/stuff/jakob/
And of course there's my current avatar, from Turnsky.

**EDIT**

DSOF turned out nice.  I like the faces in panes 2 and 3. Evil-Theo in particular.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ryan_Galen

And so the wings are finally explained, meaning I won't be tempted to post in this thread just to ask about them. Of course your cast page took care of that.

I would like to say that your art style has been improving, and for a "big slab of exposition" that you're not really satisfied with this is probally one of your best pages yet. The character bodies at the very least are starting to look pretty uniform panel to panel. Now you just need to work on keeping track of their acessory limbs.

As for your cast page... I think I'll skip. Nothing to do with your comment about legions growing... well mostly nothing to do about that. I just try to be a really passive person who trys not to beg for free art. For all the years I've had Ryan (I think it's close to five now) I've only got four piecies of art for him. Two unrequested, one as part of a halloween costume chibi page, and one uncompleted on my hard drive. Oh, wait, there was also that... you know it's probally best not to get into the details. So let's just say I'm not looking and it has nothing to do about you.

So, keep up the good work. Hope you're cast page turns out fairly decent.

WhiteFox

I wasn't expecting DSOF to go over very well. No backgrounds, I got lazy in a few places (In the bottom left panel, Theo has no legs). I was pretty frustrated with it, but all I was seeing was the faults. Thank you for pointing out what I've obviously missed.

Ren: there are a couple things in the strip that I've been hinting at. Theo's wings were one of them, as I was pretty blatant about their changing colors. I'm glad people notice.

[Edit] For example, why does Jade have no spots if she's a cheeta?

As for appearing in the group picture... I think of this as a DMFA community thing. If you're here, you have a place in it. Half the reason I'm doing this is cause I like the idea of being able to see everyone together. I wont force you, though.

ShadesFox

Reference Picture:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1158532/

Required:
Name: ShadesFox
Race: I am Foxeh.  That is all you need to know.
Appearance: Grey fur, grey eyes, shades... yea you get the idea.

Optional:
Size: Da average
Clothes: Jeans and an open jacket.
Personality: "Will you be my friend?  I promise that I don't bite... hard... unless that is your thing."
Props: Just the shades on the nose.
Area: I'm mostly in IRC these days.  I terrorize my APF thread and some other parts of yonder forums, I may even try and return to the outer fortress.
The All Purpose Fox

Zina

hahah ok.

Required:
Name: Zina.
Race: Anthro cat. :B
Appearance: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Zinacat/Zinaref.jpg http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r119/Zinafanart/Zina/Zina_Chibi_Doll_by_RaineJoybringer.jpg tee hee.

Optional:
Size: uuuuh 5'8" I guess. I don't know.
Body type: Zina's fat and sassy, hurr.
Clothes: T-shirt and slacks work. Zina tends to wear mostly dark colored clothing.
Personality: Zina's like me. A huge dick. But lovable. I suppose.
Pose: I don't know, have me giving bunny ears to someone.

Everything else is all gravy.

Ryan_Galen

...while my handle and the handle of artist for Project Future both have the same initials, I assure you that I'm not Ren Gaulen. No insult taken, mind you. Certainly worst people to be confused with.

Regarding your "if you're here you have a place in it" response, I'm not really sure if I can be considered part of this forum. I was on the Nice, but mostly as a visitor from the Gaming Guardian forum. Even now that I rarely post on the Gaming Guardian forum, I still consider myself a Gaming Guardian formite above all other parts of my net identity.

But if you're honestly considering this, then I'll through my hat in the ring. Worst that can happen is... honestly not sure. As someone who was originally saying that he shouldn't even submit something, what would be worst: being picked, or not being picked? Anyway...

Ryan is my handle here, and honestly my main character. My muse if you will. He's not the me me, but he's the best I have for you since while furry I haven't settled on a fursona or anything.

Required:
Name: Ryan Galen
Race: Anthro Housecat
Appearance: Emerald green eyes. Almost completely white fur with the exception of a black left ear. Short blond hair.

Optional:
Size: I've always said average, but average is based on perception and I'm a 6' tall guy. That's about where he is.
Body type: A fit kind of average. Or non-buff athletic. Basically no flab, somewhat toned, but no more muscle then you'd expect to find on your average person.
Clothes: Black pants, black shoes, and a white t-shirt with an open unbuttoned buttoned down shirt on top.
Personality: He's controlled person with a firm sense of common sense; at least in regards to his public action and reactions. Depending on what is going on around him, he'll either be business polite or WTF within this picture. These are forumite avatars we're talking about, so WTF moments might occur depending on who you place him next too.
Area: Forums, DMFA sections. I've mostly, for all twenty five of the posts on this account, been split between the DMFA forum and commenting on Tape's work here in the Tower of Art, though as you can tell from my post here I'm branching out to other artists. I have also been making a little bit of a push into the Haunted Ballroom, which makes sense since Ryan is a roleplaying character.

Online Images
Gaming Guardian ID Card Series Discontinued
Completely Unsolicited Picture Artist admits to some unintentional chibification.
Halloween Chibi As a hallween picture, I should note his hair has been dyed in this picture.
I doubt you'll need the one picture on my computer. I meant it when I said it was incomplete.

[Edit=1:23pm EST]Corrected one glaring typo and added some needed formatting.[/Edit]

WhiteFox

Ryan Galen.
Ren Gaulen

OOooooooooh. That clears up some confusion. Thanks.

Zina: Woot. Finally someone curvy. Everyone is going with the "Fit, athletic, kinda skinny' look.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: WhiteFox on April 28, 2008, 01:40:00 AM
Ryan Galen.
Ren Gaulen

Yeah, nice coincidence. :3

By the way, since everyone seems to post their descriptions here, I'll repost the one I've PM'ed you in this thread too, if you don't mind. :3
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 27, 2008, 06:05:46 AM
Hi, WhiteFox!

I think I'll give you some work too. :3 I don't have many good pictures of my avatar/character Ren, and they all can be found on the forum.
Here is Ren in his military outfit.
Here's a newer picture of Ren, complete with his replica.
And here's a picture of Ren in more casual clothes and not looking like he is going to cannibalise someone. :3
Hope these pictures will be helpful.

Now for the description.
Name: Ren Gaulen (aka the White Knight (of Kirindor) and the Sword of Gaia)
Race: anthro feline
Appearance: green eyes (in one of the coloured pictures his eyes are red, but they are usually not); white fur with black markings; light grey hair, but some of the hair strands turn dark-red towards the ends
Size: let's say slightly taller than average
Body type: athletic
Clothes: dark-blue jeans, a shirt with short sleeves, sneakers; a thin leather band with a cross round the neck
Personality: friendly, if a bit reserved (once again, he uses his "killall" face only for the enemies)
Pose: standing with his hand (or both hands) in his pocket(s), looking in the general direction of the "camera", but not directly at it
Area: I hang out mostly in the DMFA part of the forum
Guess that is all.

Ren

Valynth

I think I'll toss myself into this little casting call...  Or at least what I'll use as an avatar...

Name:  Valynth
Race:  Human
Physical age appearence:  20-22 years
Actual age:  Even Valynth doesn't know that, different dimensions having different time measures and everything.  He's kept immortal, but killable by the sword.
Appearance:
  Hair:  Brown, curly, rarely combed
  Eye:  Hazel
  Skin tone:  Tan
  Scars:  One scar covers his right eye, he wears a patch over this eye.  Another scar run diagonally across his forehead ending just above his left eye.  He arms are also covered in scar tissue.
  Jawline:  Strong
  Facial hair:  Stubby
Height:  6'4"
Body type: lean and muscular.
Clothes: Black Tshirt, green combat vest(he wears it for the carrying space), green cargo pants, and a survival backpack.
Personality:  Tired, cynical, and somewhat depressed/beaten.  He's long since given up having friends.
Pose: Standing
Props: An obsidian sword that is unusual as it looks exactly like a black steel long sword.(part of his backstory that I'll type up when I can)
Area: Forums, banished from the chat.

As it is hinted, he's a dimension traveler, but he doesn't have any control over when he is transported or the dimension to which he is transported.  As he non-canonically says to himself:  "My life is a reset button some sick and twisted Deity keeps pushing."
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

schizo

Required
Name:Laseki mcneel nickname:schizo
Race:anthro raccoon
Appearance:hair:Long straight
                    eyes:slightly brighter than normal blue,dark circles due to lack of sleep.
                    Has brown fur instead of grey,mask around eyes is a slight lighter than normal grey,has the "thousand yard stare"

Optional
Size: 5'9'
Body type: thin,almost deathly so,armor hides that though
Clothes:REF1
REF2

Personality:bi-polar,always seems to be deep in thought,or analyzing things.
Pose: standing somewhat sideways,looking towards the front.
Props:Holding a blank white kabuki mask.
Area: I hang out mostly in the DMFA forums but i still don't post much.

Brunhidden

Quote from: WhiteFox on April 28, 2008, 01:40:00 AM
Ryan Galen.
Ren Gaulen

OOooooooooh. That clears up some confusion. Thanks.

Zina: Woot. Finally someone curvy. Everyone is going with the "Fit, athletic, kinda skinny' look.

i never claimed to be skinny, in fact i weigh 230 pounds, a big drop from my long time 250. and no, im not fat, i find it somehow weird that i don't look it at all, and other then being tall i have average build... i kinda wonder where i keep all the extra mass....

heh, if curvy is what you want send a PM to Thora, who just joined both the forum and the chat, and likes both so is already part of the community.

shes short, think 'viking dwarf', and has a rack of impressive proportions. also, shes pregnant, which makes her bustitude downright dangerous in addition to the more obvious curves involved in pregnancy

Eowyn, not so curvy yet, but one day she will get there if genetics has anything to say with it. However she does have the market cornered on short.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Gabi

I'm going with my latest RPG character who also serves as my avatar.

Required:
Name: Gabrielle Starshine a.k.a. Gabi which is also a short version of my real name so you can go with Gabi and keep it intentionally ambiguous.
Race/species: red fox anthro for the purpose of this listing (she wouldn't use those words to describe herself, but they get to the point).
Appearance: you may use my avatar as a reference. Orange fur; long, light green, wavy hair, white markings around the eyes in the shape of drops with the points towards her muzzle, the front side of her neck and torso are also white and so are her hands, writsts, ankles and feet, and the tip of her tail. The tips of her ears are black.

Size: 5'4"
Body type: her body build is that of a regular female, with noticeable curves but nothing unaturally large nor unnaturally thin.
Clothes: comfortable, colorful, and possibly shiny.
Personality: I like the default.
Pose: be creative (in other words it's up to you, as long as it's not offensive).
Props: nothing in particular, but if there's tea, I won't reject it. :mowwink
Area: I hang out at all those places, although I spend more time at The Arena and the IRC chatroom than at the comic-specific forums, and I'm playing the Furrae Chronicles RP.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

WhiteFox

This is getting to a pretty good start. This is just an update, not a final list of entries.

I'm going to draw people in groups of five, then composite the whole thing into one big line up. People are being drawn first come, first serve, with a little shuffling. (Jouster got bumped up, since he's with the IRC people (edit: got enough people for a IRC group 2 and bumped him back down). Dimi got bumped down cause he's being drawn with Janus.) I'll be putting peoples names with them. Final format for the pic will be a lineup of everybody.

The order that people are drawn in is not going to necessarily be the order they appear in the lineup. (For example, all the people in the IRC group will be shuffled together.)

The list:
Group 1# (Already drawn.)
Aiyno Tajaka
llearch n'n'daCorna
Zedd
Brunhidden
LionHeart

(IRC batch #1)
Danny
ShadesFox
Xeksue
Drathorin (biped)
Wolven

Group #3
Saist
Zina
Tapewolf
Ren Gaulen (Appearing next to Tape)
Ryan Galen (Appearing next to Ren, cause their name are so close and thus, I want him to )

Group #4 (IRC batch 2)
Tony
janus
Dimitri
Sofox
Jouster

Group #5 start with Valynth.

Some characters, larger than others, will be drawn seperatly then added in the background. So far, that's only Drath (in quadruped form) and Alteisentieress (Maybe. I haven't gotten her profile yet, but she seemed interested.)

This is going to be a very wide image.

[EDIT] I would request that people send in their bios via PM or in IRC. I'd rather not fill up an art thread with character profiles.

Still accepting submissions.

[EDIT2]
Once I finish drawing a batch, I'll be sending it to the people in that group for approval. Consider it a sneak peek.