Allo

Started by Sircosgi Ardiwin, December 31, 2007, 04:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sircosgi Ardiwin

All right, well, I suppose this is the obligatory welcoming post (or what have you)

As it is a New Year (for some of us), I decided that I would go from solely reading DMFA to posting on the forum, however infrequently I might be able to do that.

I found DMFA through another web comic I read (name withheld) until the author developed "moral scruples" and took the storyline to a direction that eliminated diversity and replaced it with the ideas that certain lifestyles were less savourable than others.

I guess I should say a little about myself now. I am an adjudicator (legal counselor), as well as a part-time counselor for a GLBTQ centre (they helped me, so I help them). I am a University student, double-majoring and double-minoring in Political Science: International Relations and Comparative Science, Modern Languages, Economics, and Criminal Justice. (It is quite the varied list, eh?)

I am an English-as-a-Second-Language ''freak'', so I beg condolences in advance (and only now) if there are any issues in comprehending what I say. (My first language is French [as in 'France-French', not Quebecois, which is a wonderful language to learn as well]).

I work with Model United Nations as a chair, support staff, and guest speaker (for some topics). In what little spare time I have left from all of this, I write, sing, discuss and debate religion, philosophy, politics, and what have you with random people I meet (or the Jehovah's Witnesses who come to my door, even though my apartment is in a no-solicitation zone). . I travel a lot with my line of 'work', so I am constantly on the go.

I will say that DMFA is currently my favourite anthromorphic comic (even though Amber can not draw castles...), and that it probably will remain as such, solely because she is avant-garde with many ideas, and is not afraid of controversy.

In any case, that is a decent "allo", I suppose, and I will be hither and yon, probably posting mainly in the Lost Lake Inn, as I am just weird like that. If I like this website forum, I will possibly branch out and go to different forums. If not, well, then I suppose I will wander off.

So, keep me entertained, goddammit.
/end

llearch n'n'daCorna

Allo allo?

Welcome to our little corner of insanity. Try not to step on the egos, and watch out for the muffins. Except for RJ's muffins, those are downright tasty.

Oh, and distrust any advice given to you on any day ending in y.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sircosgi Ardiwin

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 31, 2007, 04:37:31 PM
Allo allo?

Good show, I enjoyed it very much.

Oh, and distrust any advice given to you on any day ending in y.

Is this not contradictory ?
Hahah... I enjoy it. I shall consider this 'gem of wisdom' carefully. My thanks.

bill

always trust me and you will be perfectly A-OK

Damaris

Welcome!  I doubt very much that you will have many language issues- but do ask if we say something you don't know or understand.  There are several international people that are confused by us weird Americans, and we're more than happy to explain ourselves ;)

Happy New Year, and kudos on the resolution to broaden your horizons!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

Quote from: Damaris on December 31, 2007, 06:08:32 PM
There are several international people that are confused by us weird Americans, and we're more than happy to explain ourselves ;)

Must resist the the urge to translate everything I say into heavy American slang... or cockney...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Darkmoon on December 31, 2007, 07:05:01 PM
Quote from: Damaris on December 31, 2007, 06:08:32 PM
There are several international people that are confused by us weird Americans, and we're more than happy to explain ourselves ;)

Must resist the the urge to translate everything I say into heavy American slang... or cockney...

I could translate that into Heavy Scotney.

Faerie Alex

Welcome to our little corner of insanity. Try not to step on the egos, and watch out for the muffins. Except for RJ's muffins, those are downright tasty.
No! ESPECIALLY RJ muffins!

I'd be interested to know what webcomic you're talking about, but if you don't wish to share it, I will respect your decision. (I've not known most webcomics to be that way, but then again, I don't read most webcomics.)

And yeah, I'd say more, but it's dinner time here (fish, yum). So yeah...welcome, & see ya' round.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Sircosgi Ardiwin

I would, however there is no title to the comic.
That is the only clue I will publicly give.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Untitled?

That's finished.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

TheGreyRonin

Welcome, Sircogsi. Don't mind us, we're all insane. Generally in a good way, though.