Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on June 23, 2008, 10:33:27 AM
i've begun making plans for next year but about the game... where is everyone?
I'm stalled on Keaton (in her roles as Pandora and Paige), though I'm tempted to just say "forget it" and go after Arcwelder on my own.  Though I haven't fully worked out a strategy yet.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Sorry about the major delay, guys. I've been a little busy preparing for Anthrocon. Hopefully this post is somewhat satisfactory; hopefully Cog'll post a continuation as well, since big things are coming up to keep everyone occupied. That might move the RP along.

Though still, I can't thank you guys enough for being so patient.

Also, Pal, I hope I did alright with Paige's characterization.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

*snerk*

Now I want Witt to sidle up behind them and comment something.

Only I have no idea what...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

i'd probably bump right into the group and wonder how i got there as i was just looking for a room to spend the night
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Stygian

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 23, 2008, 10:46:04 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on June 23, 2008, 10:33:27 AM
i've begun making plans for next year but about the game... where is everyone?
I'm stalled on Keaton (in her roles as Pandora and Paige), though I'm tempted to just say "forget it" and go after Arcwelder on my own.  Though I haven't fully worked out a strategy yet.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 23, 2008, 11:47:39 AM
*snerk*

Now I want Witt to sidle up behind them and comment something.

Only I have no idea what...

Bad signs. I wish to express to Glitchmaster that he is trying too hard, and that Arc has quite clearly been worsening the situation for himself lately. From what I can tell with my only slightly limited perspective in this situation, there have been several hints in events from both Cogidubnus and Keaton that what is going on is much to the discontent of the GMs and the players. Thus, it would be advisable to shut the hell down, so to speak.

techmaster-glitch

To be honest, I actually have been getting worried myself, recently, especially with my last post. I am still half-expecting a bit of a chewing out by the GMs for it. But, I am simply doing the best I can with what I've got, and trying not to complain. Until Keat or Cog actually out and tells me something is wrong, I must keep going as I have.

Cogidubnus

Tech - please check your messages.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 23, 2008, 05:10:33 PM
To be honest, I actually have been getting worried myself, recently, especially with my last post. I am still half-expecting a bit of a chewing out by the GMs for it. But, I am simply doing the best I can with what I've got, and trying not to complain. Until Keat or Cog actually out and tells me something is wrong, I must keep going as I have.
Quoting myself because, lo and behold, I must depart. Permanently.

No hard feelings, and I genuinely hope things will go smoother for everyone else :)

Tapewolf

Keaton hasn't posted that her character is conscious/awake so I'm assuming she's not.

e_voyager

ouch decapitation. did i miss something as last i remember he was in a comma.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

Bottom of the previous page, posted by Cog:
Unable to answer Pandora's call, the necromancer-machine Arcwelder lay beside one of it's treasures machines - knocked about by the ship's mid-air thrashings, next to such heavy equipment, was surely to be leathal to someone. His body lay beneath the open cooling fan on the man engine, the horizontally spinning blade just now stilling. A ragged, gaping wound where his neck used to be, and the greenish blood-oil staning the blades, spoke to what had most probably occured. His head was nowhere to be seen.

e_voyager

ah thanks. i wonder how i missed it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I feel I should point out - my take on GPS is that any place that isn't going to allow flying vehicles isn't much more likely to allow satellites or rockets.

Do correct me if I'm wrong, there, Cog/Keats, since I have some idle query regarding the cannon you guys wouldn't let Witt steal; I'm not sure it'd be possible to build high explosive weaponry without the research that went into getting us off the planet...

Anyway - given no planes, hence no satellites, hence no GPS, since it bounces the signal off of the satellite network. Location magic, I figured Witt would know; hence he'd be able to figure out from context what Johan meant. He's just an ornery sod. ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 14, 2008, 04:44:52 PM
Anyway - given no planes, hence no satellites, hence no GPS, since it bounces the signal off of the satellite network. Location magic, I figured Witt would know; hence he'd be able to figure out from context what Johan meant. He's just an ornery sod. ;-]

Yeah, I'm not sure they even have electronics in this particular world, but I could be wrong.

It made me wonder how you could design a magic-only GPS system...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, it'd be doable.

You'd need to get the Mer on-board, though, and I'll bet they have their own, incompatible system - probably magnetism based, and in their heads - and they wouldn't want land-based delivery systems to improve, since it'll take trade away from the ships... nor for ships to be able to find their way without their "guide" on-hand...

So... vested interest in making sure it stays broken, I guess it would best be described as.

e_voyager

ohh this is getting interesting.  penny and Fa`taqa are setting form my point of view a very good scene

Tapewolf

If Pandora says "What's an op-amp?"  It will kind of answer Cross' question.

Tapewolf

Really that was supposed to have been a private thought of Jakob's, but I like it so I'll play along  :3
I'm editing my post slightly to reflect that.

Paladin Sheppard

I thought that might be the case I should have asked but if you want to go with it thats cool :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Apologies for that, folks. I suddenly realised I hadn't explained quite why Paige was breathless.

Much better, now. And since everyone has moved on, the only reason for any further changes are if Paladin asks. ;-]

Paladin Sheppard

Sadly folks that last post maybe my last post for a little while depending on how often I can get leave from the hospital. I'll try to at least get back here every two days three on the outside.

Depending on my admission time tomorrow I'll be able to reply to any posts.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on August 13, 2008, 07:23:05 AM
Sadly folks that last post maybe my last post for a little while depending on how often I can get leave from the hospital. I'll try to at least get back here every two days three on the outside.
Ew.  Well, good luck.

Aisha deCabre

Well, I hate to follow up a depressing post with another one, but...I've thought something over, have been doing so for a long time, and I've decided to formally withdraw from this RP.

Before anyone says anything, it is absolutely NOT the fault of the GMs, who have been running this RP as well as possible, and admirably so.

It's mostly that ever so slowly I've just lost all motivation for posting.  My last few posts have been catch-up ones instead of any true action, and had I stayed it would have been like that for the forseeable future, because I keep getting left behind.  I've tried to come up with something to do or to say, but there's just a roadblock in my head.  If I have to keep it like that, and find very little enjoyment in it, then in good conscience, I can't let myself continue playing.  I'm in quite a few RPs, and if one starts feeling like making myself work, then...yeah, you get the point.

Don't fear though...Demon-Aisha had some potential since the beginning, and I plan to keep her on the backburner...maybe for another RP idea...or heck, I may just find an opportune time to return to ER.  Maybe a break is just what I need.  I am going to try to keep following it as reading.

Just assume that Aisha's disappeared, since she was trailing one group, rather unnoticed...and since we landed, maybe outside somewhere.  I can't even work myself up to make a formal exit post.

Once again, I really apologize for any inconvenience.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

I'm sorry to hear that both of you are having trouble. i wish you both luck both with the hospital and with you  well you lack of motivation if your not enjoy the game then it ceases to be a game.

Tapewolf

That's a shame.  Demon-Aisha had a lot going for her.  It would be nice to see her come back, so here's hoping you can get over the blockage someday.

llearch n'n'daCorna

FWIW, we have a large number of "not formally left but not actually posting either" players.

I'm sure we can have one more, which means you can come back at any time suitable. Unless, of course, Cog and Keats object (which I don't think they will...)

Sunblink

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 15, 2008, 09:56:40 AM(which I don't think they will...)

Trust me, we wouldn't object. I wouldn't, at least.

It's a shame to see you go, Aish; but it was great having you in the RP. I hope you decide to come back eventually.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

e_voyager

i'll wait for penny to post before i notice her or react to what the gm has kindly provided.

Yugo

Name: Captain Kaela Silverstone
Nickname(s): The Captain, Sir/Ma'am, Kae
Race: Being
Species: Wolf
Family: (Max and Sibyl Silverstone, Parents, Deceased)

Hair: Military-cut to the level of her fur
Eye: Amber-yellow
Fur Coloration: Salt-and-pepper, with more grey than black.
Appearance: For all Kaela whines and moans about her age and lack of strength, she is still one of the biggest and strongest soldiers in the 1st. Standing at a little under six and a half feet tall, Kaela has a well-built frame suited to her career, supplemented by a heavy carapace of armor meant to deflect blades and bullets.

Combat Abilities: A good all around fighter, Kaela is dependable with both a firearm and a blade.

Strengths: A strong body and years of battlefield experience augment her already formidable combat skills, and she can be counted on to aid in battle tactics and predict enemy movement and attacks, as well as muck in on the front line when it really counts. She has a respectable sense of duty, and will keep fighting to do what needs to be done despite any injury or setback short of death.

Weaknesses: Kaela is given to savage moments of fury and bloodlust in the heat of combat, but that's never worried her much. A few years ago, she began to have fits of arrythmia, and as such, had a magical amulet crafted to keep her heart in check, making sure it beats at a regular rate even in the direst of circumstances. Her constant worry is that one day her heart will finally give out on her when she needs it most.

Weapon(s): Submachine gun, semi-auto pistol, long-bladed combat knife

History: Kaela, like many veterans, isn't particularly prone to discussion of her past, and will only open up to those she trusts or considers particularly close. The strong daughter of an adventurer and a gunsmith, Kaela grew up working hard with her father in the hills of West Kayron, fashioning bullets, bolts, barrels, and all kinds of miscellaneous parts. After a couple of years working, she decided to put those skils to use in the local milita, learning the proper use of gun and blade, in addition to navigational and scouting skills on the many forest patrols. There was a fair amount of trade in the town, and a couple of months after her enlistment, bandits struck a recently arrived convoy, intent on stealing its goods. Despite being outnumbered and outgunned after the initial ambush, Kaela pulled the remaining able-bodied soldiers together and led a furious counter-charge, inflicting heavy losses and forcing a final desperate retreat.

The battle, like all battles, wasn't without its losses however, as most of the town and its inhabitants now lay bleeding out on the grass, including her own parents. After coming to terms with her loss, she went her own way, taking the skills she had obtained into a splinter military faction, participating in many battles throughout Furrae on her multiple tours of duty, all with their own glories and laments. Now retired from permanent military service, Kaela still fights on as a contracted mercenary, still finding her only solace and eloquence with a firearm in one paw and a blade in the other, and she now finds herself on the island of Eternal Rains, on just another day on the job.

Disposition: Gruff and devoted duty, Kaela is usually slow to be trusted and even slower to trust others. Despite that, when found to be worthy allies (or adversaries), a bond Kaela forms is often unshakeable from thereon. She has a less than healthy distate for Creatures from too many bad experiences fighting them, often seeing her friends or the soldiers under her falling victim to their predations. Often has a "shoot first, ask questions later" way of dealing with problems.

Trivia: Although it makes sense to have a disproportionate number of Creatures in a group of people on a special island, and despite having the Cubi Fever thanks to Tapewolf, I figured maybe a regular old Being could bring a little variety to the group. I also have a feeling she'd get along with Witt quite well. By "get along" I mean "potentially cause destruction and/or bloodshed".

Quote: "Duty first, and damn the consequences."

Thanks Keaton and Cog, for letting me join. (Keats, I added you to MSN, I'd like to discuss how exactly we're going to get my character in here, and it might be faster than PM's. )
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Cogidubnus

>:3

I like it. The party could use someone relatively 'good', help balance out the ebil factor, keep the party from killing each other.

Ostensibly. That'd be the idea, anyway.  :B

Very nice stuff, definitely.  :)