Has anyone else noticed...?

Started by Britesoul, November 24, 2007, 08:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueTiger

Eh, why not. I'll go with the Were theory.

ALEXSI IS A WERE! A WERE!!

:tohell(What a ride! Let's go again!)

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 04, 2007, 07:49:41 AMIt also means that unless she had a patch she'd have had wings as a child like Dan.

and patches were invented by Jyrras Gianna, with Mab's help for the magical components, so any time before about 5 years ago is right out.(I can't see Jyrras inventing patches before he turned 16, no matter how clever he is.)

The amulet?  Kria still has it.  She always has, save the short period when she loaned it to abel.  We finally saw that it was the same one in "Light Lunch," though it's always borne a striking similarity.

I suspect she shows up at Abel's house to find Hennya dead, May catatonic, and Abel and "Cid" missing, and recovers her amulet, which has been on the floor and discarded since Hennya dropped it.

As for the "Alexsi is a Were" idea(and it is Alexsi, not Alexis.  Why do so many people do that?), it's not totally infeasable, and the fact that her mother was an Amazon lends some weight to the theory, as well as her rather obvious aggressive tendencies.

Makes more sense than all the ropes trying to turn Abel and Dan into brothers or father/son or husband/wife or whatever.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raist on December 04, 2007, 10:44:01 AM
and patches were invented by Jyrras Gianna, with Mab's help for the magical components, so any time before about 5 years ago is right out.(I can't see Jyrras inventing patches before he turned 16, no matter how clever he is.)
I was including charms in that, such as Kria's amulet.  We're only assuming it's the same one - since it was a particular brand she may simply have bought another of that type.  We don't know.

QuoteMakes more sense than all the ropes trying to turn Abel and Dan into brothers or father/son or husband/wife or whatever.
The Edward-is-Aniz theory has a lot going for it, unfortunately.  AFAIK it doesn't require any twisting (or 'roping' as you put it) in order to work.  But even that doesn't mean that Alexsi has to be a succubus.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Netrogo

Another point I'm curious about is her magical mallet. Has it's origin and such ever truly been explained. I mean we could be going off of the anime 'hammer space' thing here but it could also be a weapon manifestation, similar to what Abel did here.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netrogo on December 04, 2007, 11:05:56 AM
Another point I'm curious about is her magical mallet. Has it's origin and such ever truly been explained. I mean we could be going off of the anime 'hammer space' thing here but it could also be a weapon manifestation, similar to what Abel did here.

I think it came from Furcadia.  While there might be a post-facto explanation for it (e.g. Destania created it for her), it could be viewed as an axiom, i.e. "an integral part of her character at the start of the strip".

Izkata

Somewhere it was mentioned that the hammer used to belong to Destania.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Izkata on December 04, 2007, 12:14:08 PM
Somewhere it was mentioned that the hammer used to belong to Destania.
The cast page seems to indicate that it predates Destania meeting Edward.  This may indicate that it was a normal hammer which Dee enchanted.

zopey

i think it said that she can conjure it from knowere like dan can do with his swords

Netrogo

Dan can conjour his out of the air because he's a cubi. Although he's never done it as of yet, when you saw him throwing weapons at Aary for example it was because he was in his room and surrounded by weapons.

Dannysaysnoo

check out #701, that mallet came from nowhere! and even Destina in disguise admits its magic.

Tapewolf

Quote from: zopey on December 04, 2007, 03:59:11 PM
i think it said that she can conjure it from knowere like dan can do with his swords
Did you mean 'Abel'?

Naldru

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 04, 2007, 04:33:54 PM
Quote from: zopey on December 04, 2007, 03:59:11 PM
Did you mean 'Abel'?
If you look at the cast page for Alexsi, it states
<i>Alexsi's ability to draw her mallet from out of nowhere is similar to Dan's swords</i>

Of course, it could just be that Dan is good at hiding swords and other weapons in clothing.

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Netrogo

The good old ancient art of hidden weaponry. Honestly I think that is the case with Dan, I mean why would he bother with hiding swords in a dress if he could just pull them out of thin air. Hell when he went to Matilda's shop, why would he want to buy a sword if he can pull them out of the air. Honestly would you ever go near any kind of shopping establishment if you could just snap your fingers and the thing you want would be in your hand?

Dannysaysnoo

Maybe he has to summon the swords from his collections, not just make them out of nothing.

AndersW

Dan pulling a sword from thin air.  154  He didn't have it in the comic previous.

techmaster-glitch

Anders, there is absolutely no reason to believe that that sword wasn't hidden in his robe, just like any of his others. It even looks plenty small enough, though he is quite skilled at hiding larger ones.

Netrogo

Indeed, if he can hide a Buster Sword in a dress then it's kind of obvious he can hide a standard short sword in his robe.

Turnsky

Quote from: BlueTiger on December 04, 2007, 09:44:45 AM
Eh, why not. I'll go with the Were theory.

ALEXIS IS A WERE! A WERE!!

:tohell(What a ride! Let's go again!)

a were?.. what were she?  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AndersW on December 05, 2007, 09:24:59 AM
Dan pulling a sword from thin air.  154  He didn't have it in the comic previous.

What they said above.

Plus, Artistic Licence. Amber gets out of having to draw a sword on him in -every- strip due to, it's assumed he has one.

It's like not drawing the background in. Sure, doing that -now- is great, and it's lovely to watch what goes on there, but you get by without it - and back then, the backgrounds were much much simpler.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on December 04, 2007, 09:06:28 PM
If you look at the cast page for Alexsi, it states
Alexsi's ability to draw her mallet from out of nowhere is similar to Dan's swords

Of course, it could just be that Dan is good at hiding swords and other weapons in clothing.

Whoops, my bad - either way, I don't think it's him using a 'Cubi ability, though.

Fuyudenki

QuoteAlexsi has few real memories of her mother and no real mementos save for a large mallet left behind.

I suspect the mallet's properties are the same as it had when it belonged to Alexsi's mother.

zopey

Quote from: Netrogo on December 05, 2007, 08:45:50 AM
The good old ancient art of hidden weaponry. Honestly I think that is the case with Dan, I mean why would he bother with hiding swords in a dress if he could just pull them out of thin air. Hell when he went to Matilda's shop, why would he want to buy a sword if he can pull them out of the air. Honestly would you ever go near any kind of shopping establishment if you could just snap your fingers and the thing you want would be in your hand?
maybe he just kind of summons it like harry potter can accio something. or it appears instantly in your hand when you need it like marina does with his spear in keys to the kingdom. or maybe its just a handy trick they've learnt. like a card trick

Netrogo

Quote from: zopey on December 07, 2007, 06:18:55 PM
maybe he just kind of summons it like harry potter can accio something. or it appears instantly in your hand when you need it like marina does with his spear in keys to the kingdom. or maybe its just a handy trick they've learnt. like a card trick

Doubt the summoning thing, Amber would most likely have drawn the sword flying to him. Not to mention we know from flashbacks that Dan doesn't use magic because of the accident when he was a child and first met Wildy. The instant thing could very well be but then that's what we've been discussing this whole time. Lastly if it's a trick similar to a card trick then that means he has it hidden on him in the first place, which would make me right.

Chaos

UNFOUNDED SPECULATION!!!

Well, the reason that Edward and Aniz look so alike is because marrying outside their race is genetic! That's right, Mab-ites. Dan and Able are related, because way back when, when Edward was a twinkle in Rodriguez Ti'Fona's eye, he married a being, his wife Mary. Mary, unfortunately did not survive childbirth, and as he was raising his young son, Rodriguez stumbled upon a lovely lady with wings that took his heart away. He remarried and had a second child, Aniz.

There you have it, folks.

And in he future, you mayfind Dan falling in love with poor widower, and you shall know that the cycle is complete.

That being said, the real reason that Edward is taken by the dragon's is twofold. One, they wish to capture this odd breeding cycle gene for their own race, for obvious reasons. Secondly, Edward Ti'fona is well know for his magical Mallet creation.

Mab of course fell into this situation when she placed a Fae curse on Edward (After an unfortunate incident involving custard, a friendly game of scrabble, and an ill timed spontaneous sneezing fit) However, just when she got the idea for the perfect curse (something involving, again, custard, a game of scrabble and ill timed sneezing fits) our favorite Violet Fair Folk found that the spell the dragon's used to entrap Edward stopped him from speaking American Standard English, thus he defaulted to Proper English (with all of those "our"s). Luckily, our hero-ess, not to be defeated y Edwards inability to spell 'color' set out on a devious plan to free him... (once again using custard, scrabble and an ill times sneezing fit). However, in oder to set this plan into motion, she needed the power of Old and new magic of the same blood line. To do this she sent Aniz back in time to propigate his line, resulting in an heir of power, Able.Meanwhile, in the present, Mab has been using Pip and Wildy to train Dan into the greatest warrior the world has ever seen.

SO... Destina, wise of Mab's plan, has been creating the final test for Dan in the land of the twinks, where Dan will face the Final challenges of the Net Troll. Thus causing the waking of the blood in Dan and Able to break the Jawa Curse of Dragon and free Edward, thus freeing him forever of spelling things with extra 'u's and enabling him to receive ultimate humiliation at the hands of custard leeches!!!

*whef*

And that's how it will happen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I believe you mean "our favourite fuschia Fair Folk" - I know the colour is off a bit, bit still...

Also, "hero-ess" is heroine. Hence why people take heroin - they're confused, and inject the wrong thing. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

zopey

Quote from: Netrogo on December 07, 2007, 06:37:28 PM

Doubt the summoning thing, Amber would most likely have drawn the sword flying to him. Not to mention we know from flashbacks that Dan doesn't use magic because of the accident when he was a child and first met Wildy. The instant thing could very well be but then that's what we've been discussing this whole time. Lastly if it's a trick similar to a card trick then that means he has it hidden on him in the first place, which would make me right.
but what if its the swords doing the magic and not him?

Aurawyn

Alexsi's Bio says..

"Alexsi's father, Edward Ti'Fiona, once had a first wife who passed away from unsaid reasons. Because of this, Alexsi has few real memories of her mother and no real mementos save for a large mallet left behind."

and in #701 Dee says "Magical Mallet... Check"

Its obvious, To me at any rate, that the ability to summon the mallet has less to do with Alexsi and more to do with the fact that its a magical mallet.

Perhaps its like a Family heirloom that can only be summoned by members of the same blood line, thus, Alexsi can summon it, no matter where she leaves it.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Aurawyn on December 09, 2007, 01:57:58 AM
Perhaps its like a Family heirloom that can only be summoned by members of the same blood line, thus, Alexsi can summon it, no matter where she leaves it.

I quite doubt that, since there's an entire storyline devoted to retrieving it from twink territories, and from Biggs specifically.

Though I do think that, perhaps, Destania was on-scene to help the twinks in procurement of the mallet in question, else they may not have originally succeeded in aquiring it, even with the lack of defenders at the time.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

bizun

Quote from: Netrogo on December 07, 2007, 06:37:28 PM

I tend to agree w/ Netrogo: I think, that Dan learned how to hide any kind of weapon under his famous robe. Notice, how he said (atleast two times in the comic, eg#689) that wearing a dress or dress-like clothing is handy to smuggle a sword. I think, that THIS was the main reason, he was so upset, when Abel tore the robe of his in SAIA.
When one takes in account, that Dan never casted a spell after the rock incident, it seems quite plausible.
On the other hand Alexsi's mallet is magical.

------------------------------------------------
The life of rose
is short
and has only painful things

HAYASHI Fumiko

Aurawyn

Quote from: Reese Tora on December 09, 2007, 04:01:15 AM
Quote from: Aurawyn on December 09, 2007, 01:57:58 AM

I quite doubt that, since there's an entire storyline devoted to retrieving it from twink territories, and from Biggs specifically.

Oops... Forgot about that one..  :<