Easter Eggs?

Started by LoneHowler, November 12, 2007, 07:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: candide on November 16, 2007, 10:25:56 PM
If any of you are Linux users and run KDE, remember:   In Konqueror, you can activate single-letter shortcuts for every link in a page by just pressing and releasing the <Ctrl> key.

Should make your searching easier.  Happy Hunting!   :mowcookie
Same with Firefox on Windows, and, I suspect, Linux.
Edit:
Oops, I misread - with Firefox you can <tab> through the links.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thirty-five.

DeuceExMachina, Akisohida, I hope that helps...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jinni

I looked and looked, and can only find one  :mowsad
I'm usually pretty good at finding stuff, but i guess not that good. :P

~ Found it.

tinfoilroses

Ok. No excuses. I joined because this is driving me nuts. I know everyone loves muffins  :mowwink, but what else am I looking for? I like treasure hunts but I need more clues.   :<

Edit:
Thirty-six.

LoneHowler

thanks for the hints I found the second and most devious page.
and to save some people hours of searching you won't find it by searching the archives comic by comic, it's a great was to spend several hours but it won't get you the hidden pages 
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

candide

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on November 17, 2007, 08:21:10 AM
Quote from: candide on November 16, 2007, 10:25:56 PM
If any of you are Linux users and run KDE, remember:   In Konqueror, you can activate single-letter shortcuts for every link in a page by just pressing and releasing the <Ctrl> key.

Should make your searching easier.  Happy Hunting!   :mowcookie
Same with Firefox on Windows, and, I suspect, Linux.
While I didn't know about the Win-version of Firefox, on Linux, I've found no such feature.  (And I've used Linux for many years now, so it's not for lack of familiarity.  ;)  )  But Konqueror does.

Just so you know.  :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: candide on November 18, 2007, 01:39:35 PM
While I didn't know about the Win-version of Firefox, on Linux, I've found no such feature.  (And I've used Linux for many years now, so it's not for lack of familiarity.  ;)  )  But Konqueror does.
I think it's a KDE special.  I've never seen Firefox do this on any platform, and Safari won't either.  You might want to post a screenshot of it doing this (not of the restricted pages obviously!)
I'd do it myself, but I stopped Konqueror from doing this as it would misinterpret my attempts to do CTRL-T etc, sometimes catastrophically (sending unfinished PMs etc).  And I can't remember how to set it back :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

If you are using Firefox, there is an option under Tools marked "Page Info".  This opens a window showing a lot of information about the page and one of the tabs within the window will show all of the links on the page.  I am running Firefox on a Macintosh, so it might be in a slightly different location on Windows, Linux, and other UNIX variants.  I don't know of anything providing links with single keystrokes, but I'm not familiar with everything in Firefox and it might be a special add-on.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

candide

Naldru: 

Holy eternally-laughing cow!  I completely forgot about the "Page Info" feature.  It's been so long since I actually needed it.

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 18, 2007, 01:52:47 PM
I think it's a KDE special.  I've never seen Firefox do this on any platform, and Safari won't either.  You might want to post a screenshot of it doing this (not of the restricted pages obviously!)
Well, if it helps...

...okay.  Done.  Here it is (click for full view):

The letters in boxes are the link identifiers.  The letters themselves are the shortcuts.  You "click" the link if you hit that key.

RobbieThe1st

I apoligise, everyone. I completely misread the post.

With Firefox on Windows, you can <Tab> through the links one at a time, and if you right click > View Page Info, then go to the links tab, you can see the links.

If you have DownThemAll, its easier - right click > DownThemAll, and you get a nice, easy to read, list of links - basically just a formated version of the View Page Info thing.

-RobbieThe1st

AndersW

The LinkCounter Add-on for Firefox also works well.

e_voyager

best hunt ever., or at least to date. thanks for all the fun
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Eibborn

Psh. Everything but using your own eyes or admitting you suck and whining for help feels like cheating to me.

(...Thanks again, those who helped me... :B)
/kicks the internet over

Naldru

Quote from: Eibbor_N on November 19, 2007, 07:44:26 PM
Psh. Everything but using your own eyes or admitting you suck and whining for help feels like cheating to me.

(...Thanks again, those who helped me... :B)
What about if you use your eyeballs to look at the web code rather than the web pages.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

candide

Quote from: Naldru on November 19, 2007, 08:56:08 PM
What about if you use your eyeballs to look at the web code rather than the web pages.
Then you are Teh Übergeek and Grand Master!  ;) ;) ;)

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: candide on November 19, 2007, 11:44:49 PM
Quote from: Naldru on November 19, 2007, 08:56:08 PM
Then you are Teh Übergeek and Grand Master!  ;) ;) ;)

What about if you look at the code and simply Find "<a href=", and then F3 through all the links.. What do you say to that? :P

-RobbieThe1st

Amber Williams

I say that people who gloat about the methods they use are far worse than the people who use shady methods. And if they keep bragging about 'teh awesome' they are, they are going to get a bannin out of spite.  :B

(Edit note: Keep in mind there is a difference between saying "hey I used this to figure it out" and gloating.)

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 20, 2007, 02:06:34 AM
I say that people who gloat about the methods they use are far worse than the people who use shady methods. And if they keep bragging about 'teh awesome' they are, they are going to get a bannin out of spite.  :B

(Edit note: Keep in mind there is a difference between saying "hey I used this to figure it out" and gloating.)

Tabbing through links is not "Leet Hax"; I learned that a while ago when I discovered not all computers had mice. :-p

Kasarn

I used tarot cards to determine the best time to perform a seance in order to ask the spirits if they knew where they were... they didn't know :C

So I just found them the old fashioned way: with tea leaves. :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on November 20, 2007, 02:08:41 AM
Tabbing through links is not "Leet Hax"; I learned that a while ago when I discovered not all computers had mice. :-p

Heh. I learned way back when I had a mouse that kept breaking. Most annoying to have to close everything down and reboot WinNT in order to get it back...

.. but I -did- get good at controlling windows without a mouse. ;-]

Reaver225

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on November 20, 2007, 02:02:55 AM
What about if you look at the code and simply Find "<a href=", and then F3 through all the links.. What do you say to that? :P

-RobbieThe1st
Wait wait wait, what program were you doing that in? I just pressed 'find next' each time... using notepad.

DarkAudit

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 20, 2007, 06:21:54 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on November 20, 2007, 02:08:41 AM

Heh. I learned way back when I had a mouse that kept breaking. Most annoying to have to close everything down and reboot WinNT in order to get it back...

.. but I -did- get good at controlling windows without a mouse. ;-]

I learned way way back when a 286 was considered a "high-end" computer.  >:3
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Reese Tora

Quote from: Reaver225 on November 20, 2007, 11:31:21 AM

-RobbieThe1st
Wait wait wait, what program were you doing that in? I just pressed 'find next' each time... using notepad.

That would be notepad; F3 is the hotkey for "find next" in most microsoft programs
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Alondro

I tried for to use a mouse to find the links...

But it squeaked and bited me on the thumb...  :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

Quote from: Alondro on November 20, 2007, 06:22:26 PM
I tried for to use a mouse to find the links...

But it squeaked and bited me on the thumb...  :B
Must have been a Microsoft mouse. 

Dr Neo Lao

The most annoying part about all this is that next time a new secret page is added, it won't be advertised, people will have to find out about it the old fashioned way - ny finding it.

And by "most annoying" I mean "best"...   :boogie

Reaver225

Quote from: Reese Tora on November 20, 2007, 12:31:38 PM
Quote from: Reaver225 on November 20, 2007, 11:31:21 AM

-RobbieThe1st

That would be notepad; F3 is the hotkey for "find next" in most microsoft programs
...So it is! I've always used Ctrl-F! Thank you, you've saved me holding down a function key, marginally improving my efficiency!

Naldru

In Safari 3, you can set up your own styles that will apply before the style sheet in the document.

If you create a file links.css and place the following line in it
a {border: solid red thick; }

You can then go to the Advanced tab under Safari -> Preferences and select the links.css file using the Style pull-down menu.  This will surround all anchor tags with a thick red border (the a in <a href= stands for anchor), making them much easier to see.  Now, if Amber uses something besides an anchor tag to insert the hidden links, this won't work.  With this setting, you can go through a large number of web pages quickly.

I'm not sure if you can do this in Safari 2 or Firefox.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Naldru on November 23, 2007, 11:41:22 AM
In Safari 3, you can set up your own styles that will apply before the style sheet in the document.

You can then go to the Advanced tab under Safari -> Preferences and select the links.css file using the Style pull-down menu.  This will surround all anchor tags with a thick red border (the a in <a href= stands for anchor), making them much easier to see.  Now, if Amber uses something besides an anchor tag to insert the hidden links, this won't work.  With this setting, you can go through a large number of web pages quickly.

At which point, Amber will have to resort to placing javascript links in 'on click' tags and link-like formatting to spans around the links. :P
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Naldru on November 23, 2007, 11:41:22 AM

You can do this in IE 6 and up, I think, and FF 1 and up, for sure. It's part of the "allowing people with disabilities to use the 'net" thing - enables users to override the website with their own settings.

How you accomplish it varies in different browsers, mind, but the idea is there.