Easter Eggs?

Started by LoneHowler, November 12, 2007, 07:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reese Tora

you think you've got problems?

a nice person gave me a link to one of them (to which, the first or second, I know not, only that it is awesome) but I don't know how it was hidden or how to get to it (aside from the direct link taht I will likely soon lose or forget)

I have tasted of the forbiden fruit, and I am no better for it.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Jim Halisstrad

*Looks at the monumental amount of class work*

Eh.  I think I'll just wait until the profile section is updated.
Everyone else can have fun being frustrated though. :3

CubeGuy

The sad part is that I downloaded Opera to use the features it provides. It wasn't any help.

I then clicked on another page just for fun, and the solution slapped me in the face.

Joeyabc`

<Sigh> 4 hours ain't gotten me nowhere, can someone PM them to me?

Edit: Thanks! Gotten via PM

Raymond

I registered here just so I could brag that I found both of the hidden pages.

vampiress_kat

I... I found them. I found them both.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

:ipod :mowhappy :bunny :kirby :zombiekun2 :mwaha :januscat :peace :rock :idol :disco :mowdan :link :frog1 :lucca :frog2 :chrono1 :marle :simon :catgirl2

... Yeah, I'm done. SO HAPPY!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Lest anyone else feels like posting messages, I'd like to state that RogerFromOz, Netrogo, Alondro, Zanname, Slacker Spice, Reese Tora, Jim Halisstrad, and Joeyabc` have all received hints.

Did I miss anyone who didn't manage to find them on their own while I was AFK?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jim Halisstrad

Thanks for destroying my Zen llearch.
Thanks a lot :<

Found'em though.

e_voyager

Easter Eggs? i must find them. not that i have herd of them i shall begin to digitally scourer the comic site to find them.... quick question though. how many am i looking for?  it seems i missed some guest art while i was gone as well but i hope that will be in the archives.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Dr Neo Lao

Firstly - thanks and a virtual hug to Amber for the great comic that's been so entertaining to so many people (myself included) over the years!

Secondly - you can add another mark to your wall. Or maybe half a mark since I'm on hiatus...

And thirdly - hee hee - I found zee little wuns! I was going to do a little something to prove it, but then I thought about it for half a second and I realized that that would i) not mean anything and ii) make it more likely to spoil it by giving something away.

To those that have not found the secret pages, I just say re-read this thread. You'll probably end up finding them when you're not even looking...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: e_voyager on November 14, 2007, 07:40:50 AM
Easter Eggs? i must find them. not that i have herd of them i shall begin to digitally scourer the comic site to find them.... quick question though. how many am i looking for?  it seems i missed some guest art while i was gone as well but i hope that will be in the archives.

The guest art will, eventually, be in the archives, I think.

As for the hidden pages - there are two of them. No more, no less. (unless Amber is messing with me, and has posted another one)...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

Whoo founded!!! A winner is me!!
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Lucine

Meh...looked for ages, but I am neither patient nor tech-savvy. And I have to go to work in an hour...so... :mowsad

Can some PM me a hint? As in, what pages they're on? I can probably find them myself from there.

Thanks!
:mowwink

Edit: Done -- llearch

Alondro

I have found the second one at last!  Thankies to those who PM'd the hints!   And ya know, the logic method that found the first one for me did actually work in that it was where I suspected.  The link was just so inconspicuous I missed it when trying to find it just on my own and thus I went through everything on the entire site afterward.  Even with the hints, I had to scan every milimeter of the place for 20 mins before I finally spotted it! 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

DarkAudit

So who gets my optometrist bill? Amber or the code-monkey?  :mowdizzy
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Lucine

Eeeiiieee, thank you for the hints, I found them in just a few minutes (though my eyes hurt now, heh.)

Fantastic, I love the coloring style. It does look new.

And the quotes...hilarious.

computer nerd

GabrielsThoughts

if anyone wishes to PM me anything, rest assured I will exploit the information for my own purposes.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

AndersW

Eibborn

Prease to hint the Eibborn.
/kicks the internet over

Quixotic

Yeah...unfortunately I've resorted to breaking my lurking status and joining the cavalcade of people signing up just to ask for hintz plz.

So, if someone could PM me the hints I would be very grateful. <3

But hey, now that I have an account I can probably stick around.

Quats

Blerg!

I finally found one... and driving myself sane trying to find the other.

Sanity is overrated.  Very much so.  Could I beg, borrow, or steal some hints too please?

Fallo

I found both of them. One I found by accident.  :3

Amber Williams

Ack! New peeps everywhere! I forgot about this possibility! :V

ambertino

Can somebody PM me with a hint, I'm going crazy!

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 15, 2007, 01:34:06 AM
Ack! New peeps everywhere! I forgot about this possibility! :V

lol woops

$50 says a majority of them will only post once.

ambertino

:mowtongue I won't post just once, I just didn't really know this place existed till i went seaching for the eggs, lol. But I've been reading DMFA for years, I'm real observant

Nino

Amber, you know, this reminds me of Neopets =P

ambertino

Quote from: Kattuccino on November 15, 2007, 01:54:14 AM
Amber, you know, this reminds me of Neopets =P
You know me from neopets?

Reaver225

I'd be amused if in an alternate universe less people found the pages simply because Amber put them up on the cast bios page without telling anyone...