Easter Eggs?

Started by LoneHowler, November 12, 2007, 07:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayliss

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 26, 2007, 01:00:44 PM
Heh. I re-counted. I'm up to 37. So there's a couple more to go yet. ;-]

I was originally going to do a count when I posted, but I lost track as to whether it was new members or strictly anyone who asked for help.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Some asked via pm. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sofox

Ha ha, found the second one today. I found the first one on the same day Amber announced them, and then got tired looking for the second. Funny thing is, in both cases I found when I relaxed, and wasn't "trying" to find the links, it's like I was somehow drawn towards them.

The profile pages are good, what really surprised me the most wasEDIT:YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. INSTANT BAN.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*giggle*

You should have posted, and then edited to put in the last bit, though. ;-]

Naldru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 28, 2007, 09:13:19 PM
*giggle*

You should have posted, and then edited to put in the last bit, though. ;-]
I don't know if the moderators should be giving instructions on successful deception.  It gives a bad impression.  You should consider planting them using fake accounts like the politicians do.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... it wouldn't be a successful deception. It'd just take a moment longer to realise.

If I edit someone else's post, it lists that -I- edited it, not -them-. If -they- edit it, it lists their name, not one of the admins.

The point is, if -nobody- edits it, then there's no tag at the bottom of the post. And while it looks very much like someone got banned, it's not -quite- close enough to pass for more than a moment. *grin*

Besides - if the -admins- can't tell that someone is joking, then we have some serious problems.

zopey

i found both pretty easily i just spotted something that looked a bit unusual and checked it out
they both had some pretty cool info

BlueTiger

OMG! I didn't even know there were easter eggs! I'm off to find them!

*Changes into orange super hero suit*

FISTS OF JUSTICE! AWAY!

Rambon

X.X *brain fizzles*  Someone pm me the links?

Rithm Alfortele

...I suck at trying to find hidden things at websites...

Can someone please PM me the links?  Pleaaassse??

*gives the cutest dragon hatchling eyes in existence*

Nevermind.  I found one.

THE HUNT IS ON!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Rambon on December 03, 2007, 09:21:25 PM
X.X *brain fizzles*  Someone pm me the links?

Thirty-eight. ;-]

I presume Zachski doesn't want help yet. ;-]

e_voyager

They are nice pages. Still it took me a few hours to find them as the Easter eggs were well planted before i returned form my near 3 months of 97% down time. er time offline that is.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

KlaatuWolf

Ok, I'm pathetic.  After searching for the hidden pages and not finding them, I'm reduced to joining the forum and begging for the links in a PM.  Please.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Aracia

I'll bet I'm the first to have joined to thank you guys for the hints. :) It only took 5 minutes to find them with your help; I probably wouldn't have located them at all by myself.

Thanks.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 28, 2007, 09:54:06 PM
... it wouldn't be a successful deception. It'd just take a moment longer to realise.

If I edit someone else's post, it lists that -I- edited it, not -them-. If -they- edit it, it lists their name, not one of the admins.

The point is, if -nobody- edits it, then there's no tag at the bottom of the post. And while it looks very much like someone got banned, it's not -quite- close enough to pass for more than a moment. *grin*

Besides - if the -admins- can't tell that someone is joking, then we have some serious problems.
Exactly, which means that if you want to perpetrate a successful deception,  you have to make the post, then go and beg Llearch to edit it, either through PM or through that which shall not be named.
>:3

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on December 12, 2007, 07:36:57 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 28, 2007, 09:54:06 PM

Exactly, which means that if you want to perpetrate a successful deception,  you have to make the post, then go and beg Llearch to edit it, either through PM or through that which shall not be named.
>:3

-RobbieThe1st

You people are giving me ideas.

KlaatuWolf

Found 'em.  Thanks, and glad to see it was one of the characters that I've been wanting to see a bio of. 8)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aracia on December 12, 2007, 07:26:19 AM
I'll bet I'm the first to have joined to thank you guys for the hints. :) It only took 5 minutes to find them with your help; I probably wouldn't have located them at all by myself.

Thanks.

No, I think I have two other grateful recipients.

Granted that's not a great rate...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm. I went and counted - I actually got 17 thank-you's via pm.

Kittastrophe

... :'D Fourty?

Um. I found one but I can't find the other one. ._. Can someone send me the links and maybe where they're hidden?

Don

...I have now been looking for these pages for days...I can't do this, I'd like to find them but i've officially accepted that I don't have the skill to find them, I give up.

If someone can p.m the links to me I'd be gratefull if not then I'm out of luck for these pages.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Silver Pomeranian Genji

Okay, I admit it: the only reason I joined was for hints to those Easter Eggs. So can anyone PM me the links?
Mah Boi, this peace is what all true lawyers strive for. Anybody know Moira Gianna's number?

techmaster-glitch

I remember saying way back that I was gonna just wait until they came up on the DMFA Wiki. Well, that actually prompted someone to go do just that, I checked it out, it had links to the pages, but I didn't actually click on them just yet. I went after them a little later, only to find they had been mysteriously deleted.

This was actually a while ago, I'm bringing it up now because I've decided, 'ah, what the heck, I'd like to know know what all the hubub is about'.

But I do have a question: What happened to the Wiki article?

VSMIT

It broke the law, and was thus smited out of existence...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: VSMIT on December 16, 2007, 05:07:14 PM
It broke the law, and was thus smited out of existence...
...How?

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VSMIT

There was a law that was placed back on the first page

QuoteAnyone posting them will be banned

I assume this transfers over to the wiki, as well.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 16, 2007, 05:24:11 PM
...How?

The pages state "Do not tell anyone IN PUBLIC about these pages on pain of bannination from the forum" - the person who posted them to the WikuWiki posted them within 12 hours of them appearing on the site. This was felt to be somewhat of a thumbing of the nose at the request within the pages themselves.

Erm. I'm paraphrasing, of course. And yes, technically the WikuWiki isn't the forum. It is, however, a public listing, and there was no spoiler space or anything - just out and out copies of the content of the hidden pages. Close enough to be dodgy.

Edit:
Forty-two. What an auspicious number.