Easter Eggs?

Started by LoneHowler, November 12, 2007, 07:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fex

I can't keep it a secret anymore. THE PRESSURE IS TOOOOOO MUCH!!!11!!1

They are hidden at ... *a loud bang is heard and me drops dead to the ground*

*a few miles further Fluffy sits in a fishing chair, wearing a cowboyhat, having a sigar in her mouth and holds a smoking sniper rivel*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lorien on November 13, 2007, 04:20:05 AM
>_<  I seem to fail rather hard at finding these things.  I know I'm new to the forum and all, but could someone at least drop a (really obvious) hint?

I'm afraid they're protected under an NDA.
However, as others have pointed out, HTML debugging tools are very useful to find them.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 13, 2007, 05:00:55 AM
Quote from: Lorien on November 13, 2007, 04:20:05 AM
>_<  I seem to fail rather hard at finding these things.  I know I'm new to the forum and all, but could someone at least drop a (really obvious) hint?

I'm afraid they're protected under an NDA.
However, as others have pointed out, HTML debugging tools are very useful to find them.
More like a NPA(No-Posting Agreement):
Quote from: Amber Williams on November 12, 2007, 11:18:18 PM
I should point out, that there isn't any harm if a person wanted to PM another forum member the information, or someone simply asking someone who knows.  While half the gimmick is trying to scout out the pages, another half can sometimes just be sharing a secret with a friend.
:P

P.S. Completely unrelated but, Tapewolf, you should come into the unholy unofficial (un)irc one of these days.
*gets banned for mentioning The Thing That Shall Not Be Mentioned*

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Tapewolf

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on November 13, 2007, 05:15:21 AM
P.S. Completely unrelated but, Tapewolf, you should come into the unholy unofficial (un)irc one of these days.

It took up courage to try and when I did there was no-one there.  I'll have to remember to try again.  Assuming I was on the right one, of course, since there seem to be several.

Saist

there is only one.

PM llearch if you need the connection information. (Just don't PM Amber about it... she WILL have Fluffy snipe you)

Tapewolf

Quote from: je.saist on November 13, 2007, 06:23:09 AM
PM llearch if you need the connection information. (Just don't PM Amber about it... she WILL have Fluffy snipe you)
Someone else has just sent it.  (And I would never dream of plaguing Amber with trivia like that)

Joe3210

Would I get banned if I post links to some comic hints, like 730?

Damaris says "yes"
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Alondro

Meh, I'm too tired after spending a whole night dissecting things.  I'm just going to assume the second one is about Charline and she'll be taking over Furrae as Ultra Mega Super Cubi with Quinti Wings.  It makes me happy.   :boogie
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tezkat

Heh... already we have several new users joining up just to beg for links. You've created a monster, Mab! :mowtongue

Quote from: LoneHowler on November 13, 2007, 04:08:29 AM
I'm tickled Pink that I found one :boogie , now that I have a idea what to look for hopefully the second will be easier

Probably. They're both "hidden" in similar ways. I found the second page shortly after I posted about finding the first one.

There aren't all that many DMFA characters who lack profiles on the cast page. Try to guess who they might be and then explore existing pages that might relate to them. Tabbing through all the links on a page to look for ones that don't belong might help, too.

:mowcookie

Quote from: Alondro on November 13, 2007, 07:25:03 AM
Meh, I'm too tired after spending a whole night dissecting things.  I'm just going to assume the second one is about Charline and she'll be taking over Furrae as Ultra Mega Super Cubi with Quinti Wings.  It makes me happy.   :boogie

Dare I ask what the other two sets of wings are protruding from? >:]

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Turnsky

Quote from: Alondro on November 13, 2007, 07:25:03 AM

it's really about the Foxfire/DMFA crossover that's being planned, Cubi/Thae'lith hybrids ahoy!  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Joe3210 on November 13, 2007, 07:01:00 AM
Would I get banned if I post links to some comic hints, like 730?

Probably not, but I wouldn't want to push it. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Ha! I finally found one, and I have to say that the portraits look excellent. Plus the information's quite juicy... >:3 I find it a shame we can't discuss it here, but oh well. If some moron ends up spoiling it for everyone else I'm going to clock 'em, though.

So I laugh in the face of those who haven't found them, although I hypocritically had only found mine with the assistance of someone else. SO HA.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Talonr

I am incredibly curious about these pages, but like a few others, I really don't have the time to just sit and look around for them. :(  Would someone please PM me about them?

Angel

HAHA! After agonizing over it for a while last night, and much clicking today, I found numero uno!  >:3 That was actually pretty clever, Amber.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Caswin

I was kind of wondering about any way of discussing these pages.  I want to talk about why I just downloaded "Xerxes' Final Offer," dangit.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Talonr on November 13, 2007, 08:51:47 AM
I am incredibly curious about these pages, but like a few others, I really don't have the time to just sit and look around for them. :(  Would someone please PM me about them?

Done.

Edit:
Done Breta, too.

Breta

Ooh, I feel horrible having to register to ask for help with this. :< But I've 'tab'ed through most of, if not all of the pages and not found a single thing. A little help would be appreciated.

I'll make up for it by drawing a picture for whoever wants to spare a moment.

Dracora

Woah, the kirby is cute...  :kirby

Err, anyway now that I'm not completely off-topic, I managed to find one link, but I'm having some trouble finding the other, and I really don't have the time to continue searching. Could somebody who's found them both please send me the location in a PM? I don't want just the link because I want to see what Amber has come up with for the second one. (That's code for I want to know why I FAIL at finding it!!!)

I think I like checking out these forums. I just might be around more often.    :mowhappy

GabrielsThoughts

Bon: wlecome to lost lake  would you like to know thy future

Gabe: Yeah, I seek knowledge of where Abe's chronicle is going, so that I know everything and is there any way to get a hold of the next three DMFA strips and character profiles?

Bon:Ok, well Abel is now at Saia and can look forward to a wonderful life of doom, and at some point in the future Fa'lina's mothering instinct will kick in...Cid will still be an asshole and there will be blood and pain, and um... while I'm fuzzy on the details for DMFA  I can see a scene change is in the works, imagas of matilda keep peeking into my brain... and darkmoon will huff a kitten and it was his and Katrina's love spawn,er child...whoops wrong reality, no refunds.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zock

Can someone PM some clues? Please? This is driving me nuts. Walnuts to be precise. 0.o

xHaZxMaTx

The best way to get as many new members in a short amount of time, ever.  Whether or not that's a good thing is still up for debate. :B

Dracora

Heh, I was planning on looking at you guys anyway actually. I just hadn't found the time. I'm a WoW addict and a college student at a rather difficult school among other things, so time is not something that comes easily. So... this just kind of sped up the process. Or maybe it did cause it to happen, maybe it was one of those "going to" things that never ends up getting done. Hrmm... Ah well. Cookie?  :mowcookie

Dracora

Uhh, I just noticed karma. What in the world is it in relation to the forums?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Dracora and Zock, your mail is on the way.

Zock

llearch, my brain-nut thanks you.  :3

Reaver225

It's surely not that hard, is it? If one knows how to make web pages from scratch (using a basic editor) it shouldn't take that long...

Fragmaster01

I genuflect before llearch for help, as I too have gone through the site and found nothing.

Edit:
Replied. What, you want me to post a whole new post just for this? :-P
  -- llearch

PurpleCheeseLlama

Sorry to be a n00B and ask, but...

I found the first link (it was awesome :-D) but I can't find the second D-: a small clue, perhaps? The species of the character that I'm looking for, or the colour of their eyes, or something?? Searching for it is driving me insane...

EDIT: Links were PM'd to me :-3 thank you!

RogerFromOz

I feel like a bit of a geek wad for signing up to ask, but in my defense, I've been meaning to sign up for some time, just didn't have the courage. So, I found the first secret cast page (and was VERY happy with it, gorgeous, very informative as well) but the next one is eluding me. (If I spelled that wrong, feel free to smack me.) Found the first with simple guesstimation and a good memory, but I doubt that'll help me this time around. Please help? Thank you!

(I really, really love this emoticon -->  :ipod )

Tapewolf

Quote from: RogerFromOz on November 13, 2007, 02:57:32 PM
So, I found the first secret cast page (and was VERY happy with it, gorgeous, very informative as well) but the next one is eluding me.
If you found one, you'll know what to look for with the second.  You should try broadening your search, though.