Another 'Enchanted' Disney film! Oh joy and turds!

Started by Alondro, November 02, 2007, 09:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Mmm-hmm...

My rectum is enchanted too!

I had thought at first it might be a live-action/animated version of Kingdom of Hearts, which might have been interesting.  But alas, it looks like nothing but fail.

As usual, the plot is heavily borrowed (stolen) from another film:  "Just Visiting", which was taken from a French film "Les Visiteurs".   And as usual it will be 'Disnified' to death as a musical.

I predict incredible stupidity, pathetic writing, and annoying songs chock full of useless pop culture references.  And with Disney's record this past decade, I have a 99% chance of being right!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Roureem Egas

It sounds like a not-so-memorable Mary Poppins. Animation combined with live action always seemed tacky to me.

Dannysaysnoo

The moment i read that wikipedia page, an area around my liver started to hurt. im dead serious.

Saist

I don't know... it could be interesting*
*interesting is defined as watching two trains carrying nitroglycerin and honey mustard traveling towards each other at 120mph on the same track somewhere near Louisville Kentucky. Part of you wants to see the wreck and the aftermath, as well as examine the possibility of opening up a KFWC. The other part of you wants to get farther away than Far Far Away.

Dannysaysnoo

i want to see a truck of chocolate and peanut butter crash in an explosion of flavor.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Roureem Egas on November 02, 2007, 09:14:04 PM
Animation combined with live action always seemed tacky to me.
I dunno, some movies seem to pull it off okay. (think "Who Framed Roger Rabbit") Although yeah, I suppose a lot of it is turd. :<
Jeez I need to update this thing.

RJ

For some reason this just reeks of desperation from Disney.

:curseyou

xHaZxMaTx

bill

it's like "who framed roger rabbit" but instead of being a good movie it's a pile of shit

Darkmoon

I didn't bother to read the wikipedia page, since I jus tdidn't bother to, but...

As much as it might seem like a desperate cash grab from Disney, something to bear in mind is that this script has existed for a lot long than Disney has been involved. The only reason it got made was because it finally caught Disney's interest. Otherwise, it'd still be in development hell.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Netrogo

I thought for a second this was the horrible film that I did background for in the summer. Strangely the plots of both share similarities.

Princess in lead role.
Mythical beasts.
Princess ends up in modern day city somehow.
Random dude finds her and helps her adapt.

The only difference is the one I was in is a made for tv movie.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Jigsaw Forte

Zedd

Reminds me why the Doctor Who made for tv movie did so poorly in US...No one in their minds could glue to it and understand

Netrogo

Maden for tv movies all fail for one major reason... The FOR TV part. Everyone instantly assumes if a movie has been 'made for tv' then it is clearly something so horrible that no movie theatre would show it, or the premise is so weak that no feature film company would produce it. So a cheap company makes it, then throws it on tv in the vague hope that someone might pay to advertise during it thus making them some money.

The only way made for tv movies every actually see success is when someone get's the brilliant idea to make the movie a few hours longer, then break it into pieces and call it a 'mini-series'.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Dannysaysnoo

did you know that Toy Story 2 was never intended for a theatrical release? Halfway through production, they decided to make it a real film, instead of straight to video.

xHaZxMaTx

Oh God, made for T.V. movies;  Atomic Train and 10.5... xD  Just to name a few.

Vidar

Disney has some very talented people, however, they are being put to work on lowest-common-denominator-pleasing-sacharine-stock-plot-with-ungodly-amounts-of-sugar-and-family-friendlyness drivel.
I predict this movie will be brimming with sentimental songs, sung whenever time needs to be filled in because the flimsy cookie-cutter plot just won't fill the movie on it's own.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

Disney is still recovering from Eisner.  And I wonder if this might be the last of Eisner's bad ideas.  Preproduction (such as plot and character development) seems woefully underdone, and that was true of a lot of things during the Eisner period.  On the other hand, Sky High did a lot better than I expected.  Think of this as part of Disney's ten step plan for recovering from Eisner and getting back to good production values.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

GabrielsThoughts

flight of the navigator was pretty good, and I'm sure that one was done under Eisner... along with the first Mighty Duck film, and The Lion King.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on November 04, 2007, 07:20:21 PMflight of the navigator was pretty good, and I'm sure that one was done under Eisner... along with the first Mighty Duck film, and The Lion King.

Also The Great Mouse Detective and...The Rocketeer?  How on Earth did they manage to do that without sending it to Touchstone?

But otherwise, 1984-2005 was a crap shoot.

...They did a film version of That Darn Cat?  I mean, one not starring Hayley Mills?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

I have it from some insiders that Eisner started letting the executives take much of the control of production..

Imagine your manager trying to make a movie...

Now you can understand how some of the recent Disney stuff kept getting greenlit.  ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

bill

This isn't the nadir, though. Home on the Range was the nadir.

GabrielsThoughts

Disney's cartoon movies in general don't live up to the hype, or are only good for one viewing.

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

bill

well, duh, this isn't exactly high art we're discussing here.

GabrielsThoughts

am I the only one who thinks Disney was trying to cut production cost's by animating the part of the film that takes place in the dark ages...because you know I suspect it would be more interesting if they filmed it on location with the men and women of Darkon.

Brunhidden

the odd sensation i always see is that it seems whoever makes the trailers meets the following condition

1- has started work on the trailer before the film is even finished being written

2- has never seen any part of the film other then the snips for the trailer

3- seriously dislike the makers of the film

4- have a love of the actors which borders on religion

seriously, i see a long line of trailers that either come out 2 years before the movie does, describe a completely different movie, or don't describe the movie at all in favor of telling you who is in it. and on top of that the movie has always changed between the making of the trailer and the movie release.

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Alondro

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on November 04, 2007, 11:36:57 PM
am I the only one who thinks Disney was trying to cut production cost's by animating the part of the film that takes place in the dark ages...because you know I suspect it would be more interesting if they filmed it on location with the men and women of Darkon.

Darkon!  ZOMG!!!  It's the Venomoids! 

PS:  For those not anime-obsessed, that's a "Technoman" or "Tekkaman" reference.   :B

GabrielsThoughts

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Alondro on November 05, 2007, 02:18:01 PM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on November 04, 2007, 11:36:57 PM

Darkon!  ZOMG!!!  It's the Venomoids! 

PS:  For those not anime-obsessed, that's a "Technoman" or "Tekkaman" reference.   :B

"Teknoman" is how they spelled it, at least down here. I had no idea it was Japanese animation dubbed when I was a kid. It was almost the first anime I saw, not counting Sailor Moon. Or the first one I did see, thinking all anime was joy and light.

Akira put a stop to THAT~
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.