10/13/07 [Abel #102] - Gonna die

Started by AndersW, October 12, 2007, 11:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuyudenki

Quote from: AndersW on October 15, 2007, 05:54:45 PM
Quote from: Raist on October 15, 2007, 05:43:40 PM
I think the final argument for Aniz and Edward being different people was that Amber said Abel has not met Edward, and he obviously has met Aniz.

He didn't meet Cid, though.  Cid died before Abel was born.  He did meet Cid by proxy, though, on account of Aniz was apparently doing a stellar job of pretending to be Cid, himself.  Good enough to fool May.

You contradict yourself.  You say that Aniz cannot be Edward, because Abel has not met Ed and has met Aniz.  Then you say that Abel has not met Cid Because it was Aniz all along.  It is possible Abel could have not met Edward because Ed was killed by Aniz.

Ed can't have been killed by Aniz, unless the dragons resurrected him, which I find improbable(but not impossible).  Also, Abel having met Cid by emotional copyproxy is a technicality only, and I don't think it counts.

AndersW

Quote from: Raist on October 15, 2007, 06:00:22 PM
Quote from: Raist on October 15, 2007, 05:43:40 PM
I think the final argument for Aniz and Edward being different people was that Amber said Abel has not met Edward, and he obviously has met Aniz.

He didn't meet Cid, though.  Cid died before Abel was born.  He did meet Cid by proxy, though, on account of Aniz was apparently doing a stellar job of pretending to be Cid, himself.  Good enough to fool May.

You contradict yourself.  You say that Aniz cannot be Edward, because Abel has not met Ed and has met Aniz.  Then you say that Abel has not met Cid Because it was Aniz all along.  It is possible Abel could have not met Edward because Ed was killed by Aniz.

Ed can't have been killed by Aniz, unless the dragons resurrected him, which I find improbable(but not impossible).  Also, Abel having met Cid by emotional copyproxy is a technicality only, and I don't think it counts.

Who is to say that Ed isn't dead and Aniz has everyone fooled.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

DarkAudit

Quote from: Alondro on October 15, 2007, 04:35:28 PM
Quote from: DarkAudit on October 15, 2007, 03:03:40 PM
Quote from: King Of Hearts on October 15, 2007, 11:07:22 AM
Country road~ take me home~ to the place~ I belong~

Damn tootin'  :mwaha

*Charline bah*  Go back to yer pot fields all marked "Trespasers Will Git Shot".   :P

Meh. Frat boys smoked it all.

Remember this, our school mascot is armed:
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Naldru

Quote from: AndersW on October 15, 2007, 06:07:26 PM
How do we know that Destania in the Twink territory isn't really Aniz in disguise?

After a while you get to Descarte's "I think, therefore I am."  Which if you go to the corrolaries, comes out to "I know I am, but I don't know what I am, and I have absolutely no idea whether you exist.  I also don't know if the world is an illusion."
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

superluser

Quote from: Raist on October 15, 2007, 06:00:22 PMEd can't have been killed by Aniz, unless the dragons resurrected him

Do we have any evidence of Destania or Biggs or any dragons calling Edward by that name?  And not within one of Alexsi's flashbacks?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

AndersW

Quote from: superluser on October 15, 2007, 07:07:38 PM
Quote from: Raist on October 15, 2007, 06:00:22 PMEd can't have been killed by Aniz, unless the dragons resurrected him

Do we have any evidence of Destania or Biggs or any dragons calling Edward by that name?  And not within one of Alexsi's flashbacks?

Yes we do.  http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_726.php

Personally, I do not think that Aniz is pretending to be Edward.  Its just that I can find no evidence to the contrary.

superluser

Quote from: AndersW on October 15, 2007, 07:54:16 PMPersonally, I do not think that Aniz is pretending to be Edward.  Its just that I can find no evidence to the contrary.

I think it's a rather lousy theory, myself.  It's just that, as you say, it's hard to find any concrete evidence against it.  Someone said that we knew that Edward is a being, and I just didn't know if I had been thoroughly convinced of that.

The fact that Biggs calls Edward by that name is pretty damning, though.  He seems to know exactly what is going on with Destania, and at the very least, I can't see any benefit in Destania lying to Biggs.

So while that doesn't mean that Edward isn't a being (however unlikely that may be), it does effectively rule out the possibility of Edward being Aniz.

Unless! (get your hip-boots on)

What if the dragons have both Edward and Aniz-pretending-to-be-Edward?

QuoteSo I was speaking with this guy from Statistics who says we have a mole.  Apparently there's a guy in Creative who's leaking information to Thaddeus Tribby.

You said there's a guy leaking information to Tribby.  That's the spy.  Then you said the Right-Hand Man got himself a mole.  I would assume to check on the spy.  That's two people.  That's twice as many as a minute ago.

AndersW

Quote from: Naldru on October 15, 2007, 06:43:06 PM
Quote from: AndersW on October 15, 2007, 06:07:26 PM
How do we know that Destania in the Twink territory isn't really Aniz in disguise?

Aniz has his clan mark on his left forearm, seen here.  We can see that Destania has no clan mark in that area here and here.

Naldru

Of course, there's always the possibility that Aniz was so disgusted with himself after the whole thing with Abel that he decided to change his name to Edward Ti'fonia as part of starting a whole new life.  After going by that name for a few hundred years, he might prefer his new name to his old one.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

superluser

Quote from: AndersW on October 15, 2007, 09:02:20 PMWe can see that Destania has no clan mark in that area here and here.

No, we can't.  That's the back of her arm.  We can, however, see the inside of her arm in 703 and 704.

...interesting that we see the front, and then ten comics later, we see the back.

Quote from: Naldru on October 15, 2007, 09:13:40 PMOf course, there's always the possibility that Aniz was so disgusted with himself after the whole thing with Abel that he decided to change his name to Edward Ti'fonia as part of starting a whole new life.

`Cubi seem to have only one name, unless they were raised as beings.

AndersW

Quote from: superluser on October 15, 2007, 09:17:40 PM
Quote from: AndersW on October 15, 2007, 09:02:20 PMWe can see that Destania has no clan mark in that area here and here.

No, we can't.  That's the back of her arm.  We can, however, see the inside of her arm in 703 and 704.

...interesting that we see the front, and then ten comics later, we see the back.

If you look at the Abel's story comic I linked to, you can see that his clan marking is on the outside of his forearm. It is much easier to see in this comic, and the next one.

Naldru

I was kidding about the possibility of Destania being Aniz in disguise.  After all, I would think that Alexsis would know her own mother.  I thought that the idea was so far out in left field that nobody would take it seriously enough to check.  If I had asked how we knew the Easter Bunny wasn't Aniz in disguise, would you have known that I was joking then. :mwaha

With regard to Aniz having changed his name to Edward Ti'fonia, I was part way serious.  If he had decided to live like a being as atonement for what happened to Abel, he wouldn't be basing his name on what was the norm for cubi.  Also, it should be noted that Abel reacted to the name Ti'fiona before he knew that Destania was the mother.

superluser

Quote from: AndersW on October 15, 2007, 09:24:44 PMIf you look at the Abel's story comic I linked to, you can see that his clan marking is on the outside of his forearm.

No, you're right.  I'm an idiot.  I'm also hopped up on store brand NyQuil, so that would be my excuse, had I not taken it after I wrote that.

AndersW

Quote from: Naldru on October 15, 2007, 09:30:13 PM
With regard to Aniz having changed his name to Edward Ti'fonia, I was part way serious.  If he had decided to live like a being as atonement for what happened to Abel, he wouldn't be basing his name on what was the norm for cubi.  Also, it should be noted that Abel reacted to the name Ti'fiona before he knew that Destania was the mother.

It might be that in making a new identity for himself, part of making it up he said that Edward killed Aniz.  So Abel might think that Aniz is dead, and feel that he owes Edward.

Naldru

Quote from: AndersW on October 15, 2007, 09:40:08 PM
Quote from: Naldru on October 15, 2007, 09:30:13 PM

It might be that in making a new identity for himself, part of making it up he said that Edward killed Aniz.  So Abel might think that Aniz is dead, and feel that he owes Edward.
So Edward killed Aniz in the same sense that Dan killed Destania.

MaskedRetriever

I imagine the chances of Alexi not being a cubi are pretty low if Edward's really Aniz...

Maybe she is!   :mowhappy

AndersW

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on October 15, 2007, 10:12:23 PM
I imagine the chances of Alexi not being a cubi are pretty low if Edward's really Aniz...

Maybe she is!   :mowhappy

Unless Aniz killed Edward after Alexi was born.

Alondro

*Charline eats the souls of all the speculators!*  There!  That should put a stop to all this nonsense!   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AndersW

Quote from: Alondro on October 15, 2007, 11:10:54 PM
*Charline eats the souls of all the speculators!*  There!  That should put a stop to all this nonsense!   :P

I thought I sold mine.

Reese Tora

hmm...

Ed is in suspended animation, presumably unconcious

For Ed to be Aniz we have to assume that Aniz is capable of maintaining a transformation while unconcious or in suspended animation (which implies unconciousness)  We could also to assume that suspended animation maintains natural transformations.

We've seen that Fae can have trouble maintaining a transfomation when distracted, though this may only apply to Nutmeg (who was having trouble maintaining her transformation even without a big spear in her chest), but we don't know that Fae transformation is in the same class as that of Cubi.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Naldru

Why?

If Aniz changed his name to Edward and wanted to be known as Edward, there would be nothing mysterious about Destania calling him Edward even if she knew he was previously known as Aniz.  Who says the dragons don't know everything about Edward and/or Aniz, no matter what the circumstances.

To paraphrase Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes: "We know nothing. nothing"

Aleolus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 15, 2007, 06:10:12 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 15, 2007, 11:10:23 AM
- Huge Genetics Rant Here -
Do you know how many cat-girls you just killed llearch.

Not enough?

Blasphemy!  Killing any number of catgirls is a crime punishable by death by shonen-ai!  Bring out Jyrras!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aleolus on October 16, 2007, 12:36:53 PM
Blasphemy!  Killing any number of catgirls is a crime punishable by death by shonen-ai!  Bring out Jyrras!

Ooo, you -really- know how to party, don't you?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 16, 2007, 01:00:08 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on October 16, 2007, 12:36:53 PM

Ooo, you -really- know how to party, don't you?
Party hard! party hard!

Kamunt

Quote from: AndersW on October 15, 2007, 10:49:23 PM

Okay, this is just getting really stupid...and not just regular stupid, like Bush stupid, but super stupid, like Loose Change stupid. 'Cubi can recognize other 'cubi, that just seems like it would make sense, so there's no way that Destania could've not known her husband, whom she has to have had intercourse with at least once, and....yeah. There's just certain ways you can tell. I highly doubt that such an uber-powerful succubus such as Destania would be unable to tell that her own husband wasn't a being.

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh. :B

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Kamunt on October 16, 2007, 09:02:11 PM
Quote from: AndersW on October 15, 2007, 10:49:23 PM

Okay, this is just getting really stupid...and not just regular stupid, like Bush stupid, but super stupid, like Loose Change stupid. 'Cubi can recognize other 'cubi, that just seems like it would make sense, so there's no way that Destania could've not known her husband, whom she has to have had intercourse with at least once, and....yeah. There's just certain ways you can tell. I highly doubt that such an uber-powerful succubus such as Destania would be unable to tell that her own husband wasn't a being.

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh. :B

BUT.

Would she necessarily even bother to let on?

:mwaha

superluser

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on October 16, 2007, 10:02:57 PMWould she necessarily even bother to let on?

What possible reason would she have for not telling Biggs?

Quote from: Kamunt on October 16, 2007, 09:02:11 PMOkay, this is just getting really stupid...and not just regular stupid, like Bush stupid, but super stupid, like Loose Change stupid. 'Cubi can recognize other 'cubi, that just seems like it would make sense, so there's no way that Destania could've not known her husband, whom she has to have had intercourse with at least once, and....yeah. There's just certain ways you can tell. I highly doubt that such an uber-powerful succubus such as Destania would be unable to tell that her own husband wasn't a being.

While I'm not sure that Dee would have to have sex with Ed in order to tell if he's an incubus, I'm sure that she would be able to tell.

As for Alexsi, she had a different (presumably being) mother, so Edward could have been an incubus all along, fathered a being in Alexsi, and then fathered an incubus in Dan.  Actually, unless Edward were an incubus, the issue of whether Alexsi's mother were a being or a creature wouldn't be important inf...

...wait a minute.

Amber?  I know I usually tell authors to keep their plots to themselves, but could you possibly come in and tell us we're all wrong?

techmaster-glitch

Yes. Please do come in and say that this is just all wrong. My head hurts from reading horrible neverending speculation :<

Zina

ANIZ IS EVERYONE. YOU'RE ALL ANIZ. ANIZ IS THE INTERNET.

It's a twist!