27/08/07 [#811] Destania: Rapist, torturer... author?

Started by Psaakyrn, August 27, 2007, 04:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caswin

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2007, 07:25:23 PM
Quote from: Psaakyrn on August 28, 2007, 06:27:26 PM
Likely, only Beings (or Creatures raised as such) view these acts as Evil. Creatures are more likely to view this as a "How-to" on Bestiality. (and assuming that Bestiality is acceptable norms as well) (I'm not going to go into the whole Zoophile/Bestiality arguement here, so don't push this analogy too far please. :x )
I'm starting to get worried here.  Just in case I am the only person who saw the clip on 'top 20 most disgusting jobs' or whatever it was, I'd just like to state that my comments about turkey rape pertain to the breeding techniques used in industrial farming.  Not perversion.
Not that some people wouldn't think it was just fine, am I right? :B
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

GabrielsThoughts

This brings up an interesting point also, as far as I know, Abel grew up in a creature-centric area. He was educated with and among creatures (demons, angels, mythos, basilisk, etc.) the environment he was raised in at 'home' was the only contact he had with beings, His father was also a creature, even if he pretended to be a being, therefore the idea that most creatures view beings as livestock does not seem viable, because  that would have been subconsciously engrained on Abel's personality as well. 

The reality is that beings are more hypercritcal, and a majority likely view Creatures as Monsters

whereas only a minority of creatures view beings as inferior.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Naldru

According to Abel, having a distrust of cubi is not altogether unreasonable.  And some mythos have personal attributes that could be somewhat frightening.  So, it isn't surprising that cubi would resort to disguise to avoid disturbing the locals and Pyroduck avoids going around in his dragon form.  Given their long lifetimes, creatures who want to be friendly could develop means for reassuring creatures around them or else techniques for disguising their potential destructiveness.  It is therefore reasonable to view any strange creature as a potential monster until proven otherwise.

With regard to the attitude of creatures towards beings, I suspect it would vary greatly.  And the hostile creatures would get more press than the nice ones.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Alondro

*Charles looks at all the links to previous comics, examining the backlog for clues... and after many hours of mind-numbing calculations and scenario simulations he arrive at THE TRUTH!*  Fa'lina is totally dead sexy.   :3

*Charline face-palms*  I hate testosterone.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Quote from: Naldru on August 28, 2007, 10:24:00 PMIt is therefore reasonable to view any strange creature as a potential monster until proven otherwise.

Less so in a demon city.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Naldru

Quote from: superluser on August 28, 2007, 11:16:28 PM
Quote from: Naldru on August 28, 2007, 10:24:00 PMIt is therefore reasonable to view any strange creature as a potential monster until proven otherwise.

Less so in a demon city.
I agree, for a number of reasons.

Creatures who believe in violent antisocial behavior are likely to have problems dealing with other creatures as well as with beings.  "Disturbing the peace" is taken very seriously by most cultures.

Beings who are especially nervous about living near creatures won't move to a demon city.

It should also be mentioned that the demon city Zinvth had many creatures, but only a fraction of them appeared to be actual demons.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.