Interesting videos: regurgitated

Started by superluser, July 22, 2007, 06:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

lucas marcone

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

Minesweeper Its not just a window platformer...Its a time killer...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Zedd on August 12, 2007, 11:12:29 PM
Minesweeper Its not just a window platformer...Its a time killer...
I'm gonna go see that movie! :)

GabrielsThoughts

yes, but when you play the best you can do is 50%....just die and then mark all the ones that exploded in the previous round.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

techmaster-glitch

This is a very good video.
It is a tribute to those who fight for freedom. They weren't factory-produced battle robots, they weren't genetically engineered supersoldiers, they weren't supernatural samurai. There was nothing special about them, except the fact that they sacrificed everything for their cause.
As Cirrus_Epix(Brian Schmoyer) so wonderfully points out,
They were the true heroes.
They were the Rebels.

And check out his other videos. They are well worth it.

superluser

What revolves around the Earth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0CjrNgK0zw

Would you like to ask the audience?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on August 28, 2007, 06:44:41 PM
What revolves around the Earth?
Would you like to ask the audience?

I had to cut that at 18 seconds.  I couldn't bear to watch it  :<

This is genius.  It's from the game 'Ultima 5', part of the ending sequence.  In order to get the sandalwood box, you have to play 'stones' on the harpsichord, which opens the secret door.
Some bright spark (Tristan Miller) decided to see what would happen if you jammed something in the open doorway and played the harpsichord again.  The results are... striking.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TXv6Lzk4ofQ

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2007, 07:21:12 PMI had to cut that at 18 seconds.  I couldn't bear to watch it  :<

Then you missed the part where the audience voted 56% for the sun and 2% for Mars.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 28, 2007, 07:21:12 PMSome bright spark (Tristan Miller) decided to see what would happen if you jammed something in the open doorway and played the harpsichord again.  The results are... striking.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TXv6Lzk4ofQ

That's great.  Did he figure out the translation table?  You might be able to use that as a gold generator.

Zedd

techmaster-glitch

I watched the "stupid french" video. And read three pages of the comments.
For that one guy, I just have nothing to say.
But I'm with some of the commentors, they probably voted "sun" just to screw him over for falling asleep in first grade :B

superluser

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 28, 2007, 10:37:35 PMI watched the "stupid french" video. And read three pages of the comments.
For that one guy, I just have nothing to say.
But I with some of the commentors, they probably voted "sun" just to screw him over for falling asleep in first grade :B

I'm not sure that I buy that.  Why wouldn't you try answering Venus or Mars, then?

Besides, the state of astronomical education isn't that great anywhere in the world.  Don't believe me?  Answer these questions:

1.) What causes the seasons?
2.) What causes the phases of the moon?

Now compare your answers to those of Harvard graduates, who have taken all the courses necessary to properly answer those questions:

http://www.learner.org/resources/series28.html?pop=yes&vodid=216816&pid=9#
(This might be available to US IPs only)

GabrielsThoughts

That's weird, I had none of those misconceptions going into astronomy, the only misconception I had was that the earth wobbles toward the sun during the summer in the northern hemisphere and that it  wobbled away from the sun during the winter...when in fact the earth is tilted at  angle of approximately 24 degrees, half the year the southern hemisphere is close to, and facing  the sun and half the year the northern hemisphere is facing the sun.

Also explaining something is a lot harder than actually showing someone something.

thegayhare

xHaZxMaTx

Why do the guns quack when they're out of ammo? :lol

Zedd

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on August 30, 2007, 12:08:08 PM
Why do the guns quack when they're out of ammo? :lol
If you messed with a mac as a kid...You'll know

superluser

Zedd

Baree

Some more done to death YouTube stuff then? Such as Pirate Babys Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006, or the ever cute Kiwi.

Tapewolf

This has obviously been nicked from the 'Beyond The Beginning' DVD, but I still think it's dead cool:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p3zOB-nP5nk - 1973 rehearsal sessions for 'Karn Evil 9'.
Incredibly rare.  Until someone put them on the 'net of course  :B

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ITOS

AMV Comedians. Great synchronisation. Great comedians. You WILL laugh.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

RJ

xHaZxMaTx

Yummy. :3

:yuck

Wait, why does everyone get cut in half except for the guy in the middle?

RJ

Because horror movies are silly like that.

Zedd

Quote from: RJ on September 03, 2007, 08:41:17 AM
Because horror movies are silly like that.
Only GOOD horror movies are like that

GabrielsThoughts

superluser

RJ