Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC) [PG/14] - Open - New players welcome!

Started by Ryudo Lee, June 07, 2007, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

QuoteHe waits for Sally to finish up and then turns to the rest of the group.
She didn't so much as blink when she found that Dorcan has no vital signs whatsoever, then?    :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Hm. actually Ryudo, she already was done. Dorcan she is going to do in private, because he asked, as well as Baiye because they are both the only girls and, I quote, 'have to stick together'.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Hey, Mia. Twelve-gauge autoloader. The .45 longslide with laser sighting. Phased plasma rifle in the 40-Watt range."

Sorry, it just dropped into mind...

(if you want, I can STFU and back off from the OOC thread. I'm just enjoying standing on the sidelines and making snarky comments. Make of that what you will...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 21, 2007, 11:18:06 AM
(if you want, I can STFU and back off from the OOC thread. I'm just enjoying standing on the sidelines and making snarky comments. Make of that what you will...)

That's up to Ryudo... I don't mind, because there's always the chance you'll point out something about Dorcan's design that I've missed :P

Ryudo Lee

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

lucas marcone

techmaster-glitch

Heh heh, 'Dorcan' is forgetting that the medical was planned for right after the briefing, before everyone gets underway. Besides, Joywaves still has to do Baiye the same way she's gonna do Dorcan. One person missing his first medical might be forgivable, but two people is unacceptable. Joywaves MUST have her baselines.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think that's wishful thinking, rather than forgetting. ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 21, 2007, 12:40:45 PM
Heh heh, 'Dorcan' is forgetting that the medical was planned for right after the briefing, before everyone gets underway. Besides, Joywaves still has to do Baiye the same way she's gonna do Dorcan. One person missing his first medical might be forgivable, but two people is unacceptable. Joywaves MUST have her baselines.

As Llearch says, it's wishful thinking.  Personally, I'm itching to see Dorcan get examined.
Of course, that comment was spurred by Jackson's "your vehicles will be arriving momentarily."

I was tempted to have him edge away from the doctor's line of sight, but that would draw even more attention to him.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Of course - if you want to get away, walk, -don't- run. Running attracts attention. :-]

You walk carefully and quietly out of sight. And -then- you run. :-]

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Boog

techmaster-glitch

Aww, Kryptic, I though Baiye was going to use a big wrench, ala Ratchet and Clank! I was actually looking forward to seeing that!

Kryptic

I should. She'd be more comfortable with it. ^^

She has a wrench on her all the time anyways... She'll pull it out once or five times for you Tech.

I have some sketches I need to upload on the interwebs of B&G. They turned out nicely. :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 21, 2007, 03:44:17 PM
Aww, Kryptic, I though Baiye was going to use a big wrench, ala Ratchet and Clank! I was actually looking forward to seeing that!

Once the doberman had calmed down, Ashley led him to one of the laboratories. For a moment he was terrified they were going to dismantle him, particularly when Niall reappeared with a large wrench, which set Dorcan off again.

Ashley looked positively stricken. "No, no," he protested. "It's just for the arms. We can build you a new pair while you wait. It will only take about an hour in the nanoforge."

--The Future History of Jakob Pettersohn, chapter 7

techmaster-glitch

Yes, I've read the Chronicles and the Future History. Awsome stuff. But what does it have to do with here?

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 21, 2007, 04:04:24 PM
Yes, I've read the Chronicles and the Future History. Awsome stuff. But what does it have to do with here?

Because he almost got the wrench treatment himself  >:3

techmaster-glitch

Oh yeah. Dorcan's gonna freak out again, isn't he?  :mwaha heh heh, awsome. That might set back his trust for Baiye just a little bit.....

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 21, 2007, 04:09:38 PM
Oh yeah. Dorcan's gonna freak out again, isn't he?  :mwaha heh heh, awsome. That might set back his trust for Baiye just a little bit.....
Not immediately, because she doesn't know he's a machine.
That was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw what you'd written though...

Kryptic

LOL - That's funny. Don't worry - She'll only wrench the bad guys! ^^

I now officially have Baiye's line-art online. I spent a little bit of time coloring it already (on a different file) but I got tired of it. I may just do a ref version with just flat colors...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/sweeterswing/scan0003-1.jpg

What do y'all think?

Edit: Dude! Josh hacked Baiye's Glove! She's had something like that (not on her at the moment - but she has one) And her headset's got a visor-screen too.  :P I didn't know her technology snuck onto the market like that.

These are the kind of inventions one should remember to get a patent for.

Azlan

LOL, war wrenching... that might be a good technique.

The picture is not bad, though the angle from the head through the body seems odd, it looks very bad on the spine.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Kryptic

Yeah - It is kinda weird (especially when I look at the picture in reverse  :yuck ) - but that's what I get for never using reference in poses. I haven't done humans in so long - it's mostly been anthros and quadropeds.

Bah - excuses... I suck.  :B

At least Gidget's look right. I have a fondness for drawing Corgi-ness. ^^

Here's the original scanned from my sketchbook - I think my tracing may have been screwed up a little, because it doesn't look as bad in this scan... To me, at least.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/sweeterswing/scan0004-1.jpg

Tapewolf

I could have looked up who made the comment about Exo, but I figured if I don't remember, there's no reason Dorcan should  >:3

**EDIT**
By the way, slap me if I write 'Jakob' instead of 'Dorcan' again  :banghead

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay, Here is where I like to added to my characters some skills and powers.

She is a ER Surgeon, but also a herbalist.   When "western medicines fails". she can use her magic scan/or sense what is wrong with her patients and when scan her herbs plants or any plants to find the right combinations that will heal them, (sometime even faster than normal.)  She then creates magic potions for anti-poisons, cures, etc and even fast heal.  So, Her healing spells at present need a material components. 

Her psyonic powers are Telekenetic with heal wounds and empathy, but she has to use her body energy to do this things.  She uses normal medicines to mask her own skills and abilities.  To keep up her energy levels , she needs to eat two to three times more than a normal person.  Which leads to her present problem with her appetite which sometimes lags her real calorie burn rate.  So, she will gain some 20-30 pounds over a week or so if she is not using her powers daily at the emergency room.  This small rebel goups was not taxing her ability very much.

Her empathy is new for her and so far it is only been good at warning her about possible Brotherhood members/or spys that are near by enough to see her work her other magics.  Josh is the first person she has felt emotions from, with the Brotherhood she feels just aviod or nothing.

If this is good I will added this to my character post.

:mowcookie
PBH

Tapewolf

Cool.  Note that Dorcan lost the ability to read minds after his death.  He was fitted with an enchantment to prevent his own mind from being read, but that won't work properly here.
I haven't decided how long has elapsed since 'Future History' where he was introduced, so it's possible that they have implemented some kind of telepathic system or enchantment since then - he'd probably have requested that since he would have been used to being able to detect people's thoughts.  Whether that would work here either, I cannot say.

Prof B Hunnydew

This reading was only between Dorcan and her.  and a Psion power which she is learning is getting strong.  This is only her ability reconnecting lines that Dorcan normal has but they are dormant  After this, Dorcan will be the same as you have him, and the doctor will have more control over herself in the future with him..

pbh

Tapewolf

bill

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 22, 2007, 09:05:41 AM
That didn't happen.

Nor did me writing 'Jakob'.  And if it doesn't happen again, let me know...

Ryudo Lee

Hunnydew, those powers of yours look good.  Eventually they will get stronger, and I will let you know when that happens.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!